MEGATON: PS4 surpasses 6 mil

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lglz1337 (3139 posts) -

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/ps4-hits-6-million-ushers-in-new-era-of-social-gameplay/

congrats sony goodbye MS

the console that requires no system sellers only brand name your history did well sony! step it up MS and nintendo you need the marios and halos

and better be fast because once the hype slowly fades away sony will come with a truckload exclusives to regenerate hype this is the power of

PLAYSTATION

#2 Posted by princeofshapeir (13790 posts) -

That's a lot of people who bought into pure hype

#3 Edited by lostrib (34691 posts) -

Whoopty doo!

#4 Edited by lglz1337 (3139 posts) -

@princeofshapeir: you mean 6 mil with sense

sony history with gotys is the only way going forward

#5 Posted by f50p90 (3754 posts) -

6 million in less than 4 months is pretty incredible

#6 Posted by SolidTy (42488 posts) -

I can't read that link, but I'll take your word for it since I'm not a typical sales poster.

Hopefully this means more games a'comin.

#7 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4134 posts) -

Bu bu but killzone

1 million a month, just like I predicted. Well done SCE, gg lemmings.

#8 Posted by silversix_ (14085 posts) -

After 8 freaking years of staleness you bet your ass everyone with a half a brain did. I can only imagine if this gen lasts 10 years and seeing how gaming is growing lol ps5 sells 15 million in two months.

#9 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

Wow, it's destroying the xbone

#10 Posted by legendofsense (53 posts) -

impressive nevertheless

#11 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

Let's hope the Ps4 doesn't turn out like the late 360.

#12 Posted by Kjranu (921 posts) -

Xbox what?

#13 Edited by Speak_Low (955 posts) -

Sony delivered on promises and the future looks good, and that's why it's selling strong every month and sold out

Empty hype would be a company like Nintendo making stupid ads showing families having THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES on Sonic Olympic games (wide-eyed and going "OMG" at everything).

Hype is using commercials with lots of exaggeration and artificiality but still underperforming and not delivering on promises or console potential. Nintendo, compared to Sony, seems to be more about worthless hype (making all sorts of noise and boasts but no sales or install base to show for it).

Notice how the Wii U sales fell off a cliff in both January 2013/14 while the PS4 is sold out in stores as we speak in March 2014 - and has now beaten Wii U lifetime sales.

There are no signs of PS4 falling like the Wii U, so how are they selling on hype that is supposed to deflate any time now? PS4 is still sold out in many stores and the cheaper Wii U is the one untouched and completely rejected by gamers and even casuals (who easily fall for any hype - Nintendo couldn't even convince the easiest target group!).

Most of those 6 million PS4 owners know exactly what they're doing and why they dropped $400. It's a console with an actual future unlike the Wii U

#14 Posted by mems_1224 (46601 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

the console that requires no system sellers

lulz, even cows admit the PS4 has no games.

#15 Posted by HitmanActual (329 posts) -

Xboners crying themselves to sleep at night. Won't be long and PS4 will have doubled Xbone in sales. Lol EA and Respawn would be kicking themselves that they chose the wrong horse to launch Titanfart.

#16 Posted by nyzma23 (918 posts) -

Xboners crying themselves to sleep at night. Won't be long and PS4 will have doubled Xbone in sales. Lol EA and Respawn would be kicking themselves that they chose the wrong horse to launch Titanfart.

lol ea already happy with money they get from microsoft

#17 Posted by blamix99 (1697 posts) -

Lems go Super Saiyan 4 when they know this

#18 Edited by ___gamemaster__ (2414 posts) -

that's some fine numbers. hopefully some games will follow so i can switch to next gen.

#19 Posted by CountBleck12 (22672 posts) -

I don't even own a PS4 but woo anyway.

#20 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Shiiiieeet, Xbone what?! EA must be kicking the shit out of themselves right now.

Lems: "bu....bu....bu....but Titanful bundle is no.1 in Brazil Amazon"

Slaystation 4, selling out everywhere and breaking records without a need for a killer app. The console itself is the killer app lol. It's what happens when your only competitor decides to design a water cooler instead of a games console. The King is back baby!! Inb4 blackace, kuu2, kingtit, StormyJoe meltdown...

#21 Posted by sailor232 (4450 posts) -

Great sales numbers, I'll get a ps4 once it is a few years old and has some of those famous exclusives, hopefully new IP ones at that.

#22 Edited by g0ddyX (3906 posts) -

Start of a bright future for Sony and believe it or not, for Microsoft as too.
Both have loads going on in the pipeline.

#23 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

All numbers as of March 2:

6mil PS4 worldwide

370k sold in Japan

13.7mil games sold [retail + digital]

KZSF 2.1 mil sold

100 million shares

3.6 million gameplay broadcasts

56 million spectate sessions

3.6 million PSapp installs

#24 Posted by j_assassin (896 posts) -

now I hope sony will fund some quality Japanese developed games

#25 Edited by finalstar2007 (24973 posts) -

AND I STILL DONT HAVE ONE!

WTF!

where are the PS4's i want to buy one! -___-

#26 Edited by Epic-gamerz (196 posts) -

Lems - bu..bu...But celebration lasted so short with Killzone MP sub-1080p. Now all lemmings back into their straight jacket, taking pills and suicide watch

#27 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

WTF!

:( You should have preordered bro. I preordered mine as soon as Sony announced the price at E3. After I saw M$ get knocked the fuck out at E3 I knew PS4s would be sold out for a long time.

#28 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

WTF!

selling out still. i had to call 5 places to get one last week. lol

#29 Posted by Snugenz (11818 posts) -

I'm very happy for Sony. It sure is a shame that us gamers can't play those fantastic sales however...

#30 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

@Snugenz:

With sales comes games. Sony never releases many games early. Since your average gamer measures quality by release date, there isn't much money in it.

#31 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3910 posts) -

Guys sony is on a war path, its clear nothing is going to stop them. I doubt m$ has broke 4m.

#LONG LIVE PLAY

#32 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2525 posts) -

*Crickets from MS*

I could see the PS4 reaching 10 million by E3.

#33 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

Totally agree, however, me included, many players aren't PC guys and wanted to experience some the next gen. of gaming so i think it's totally justified. The same goes for the X1.

Congrat. Sony and i hope you make good use of such lead and plzzzz don't disappoint us.

#34 Posted by lglz1337 (3139 posts) -

@mems_1224: WRONG! there are enough games maybe not the blockbuster triple AAA games yet no rush this is business release the big gunners when hype dies a little and have a great userbase unlike MS

#35 Posted by finalstar2007 (24973 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

WTF!

selling out still. i had to call 5 places to get one last week. lol

I call over 7 stores weekly and been doing so since November lol heck i gave in and started to consider buying from amazon but even amazon is sold out wtf is this is! :(

@finalstar2007 said:

WTF!

:( You should have preordered bro. I preordered mine as soon as Sony announced the price at E3. After I saw M$ get knocked the fuck out at E3 I knew PS4s would be sold out for a long time.

Yeah thats a major mistake on my part i should have preordered long time ago but i just assumed it will surely be available if not December then surely January and now its March and still sold out lol.

#36 Edited by Sollet (7344 posts) -

But Thief runs better on Xbox One!

So they got that going for them, which is nice.

#37 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

@finalstar2007: I just picked one up on Sunday in the North East of England. Phoned everywhere and the wait was 40-45 days but took a chance and called into my local Grainger Games (UK based games shop) and they had 4 Knack bundles on the shelf £399 so snapped mine up.

Think it pays to try smaller outlets instead of the main ones.

Oh and that's 6m and 1 for Sony as mine won't have been counted yet.

#38 Edited by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

Sony sure hit a homerun. Great job, now where are my games? Killzone was a better game than websites reviewed it, but it doesn't have longevity.

#39 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

@Sollet said:

For a theif fan, this is more important than a 908 million PS4 sold.

#40 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -
@2mrw said:

@Sollet said:

For a theif fan, this is more important than a 908 million PS4 sold.

But Thief is a POS these days so no one cares really. Except lems, they've gotta justify that $500 remote somehow.

#41 Posted by Netret0120 (2041 posts) -

Looking forward to getting mine this Xmas:-)

MGS5 and COD in 1080pB-)

#42 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Xboners I hope you now realize that you should leave gaming to real gamers and go crawl under the rock you came out from.

#43 Posted by Desmonic (13457 posts) -

The sales for this console are really impressive. 6 million units in 4 months (or so). They have a good chance of going past the 10 million mark well before the PS4 is a year old.

#44 Posted by locopatho (20181 posts) -

That's impressive and deserved. It's clearly the best of the three next gen consoles.

To people saying "just hype", again, people don't only play exclusives. There's some great games out for it already.

#45 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6169 posts) -

That's a lot of people who were shamed.

#46 Posted by Shewgenja (8489 posts) -
#47 Edited by FinalFighters (1400 posts) -

<---Lems reaction to the news

#48 Posted by ni6htmare01 (917 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

the console that requires no system sellers

lulz, even cows admit the PS4 has no games.

yeah~ but most playstation owners know what games are coming and in the mean time we can play multiplats with it.

#49 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Wow....xbox one and pc have just been rendered irrelevent. =-O

#50 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

According to lems, the Playstation 4 despite having no games, shitty online, blue light of death, worse graphics than Xbox One, and crappy controller is outselling the Xbox One. Which has better graphics, much better games, better controller, better online, and The Cloud.

lol