Media Create Sales: Week 31 - PS4 can't break 6K again

  • 76 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Edited by Bigboi500 (33735 posts) -

Wut happened cowsssss, wut happened? huuuuh

#52 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18212 posts) -

show me some pc growth, that seems like the only platform aside from handhelds (and perhaps the WiiU) with the potential to get serious JRPG's on right now.

Otherwise it's just AAA standard for the most part.

#53 Posted by AM-Gamer (7009 posts) -

Yet the PS4 is on pace to be the best selling console of all time. It was smart of Sony to ignore Japan as they have become terribly irrelevant.

#54 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9987 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

Yet the PS4 is on pace to be the best selling console of all time. It was smart of Sony to ignore Japan as they have become terribly irrelevant.

The wii sold better it's first year

#55 Edited by Sagemode87 (1246 posts) -

This reeks of desperation. Come on now TC.

#56 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@tormentos: Yet the PS4 this quarter shipments = Xbox one+xbox 360+wii U + 3DS combined..lol

But but but the PS4 sucks..lol"

I know, right?

Know what ps4 has broken? Sales records. Aaaawwwww yeaaahhh

#57 Posted by nutcrackr (12998 posts) -

Pokemon Watch doing well still.

PS4 doing bad.

Xbone is going to be in for a rough time when it launches in Japan

#58 Posted by santoron (8558 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Poor PS4 can't catch a break in its own home country.

Fake concern aside, Sony has to be disappointed in their Japanese sales. Perhaps in the future it'll dawn on them to launch in the territory with a few games.

#59 Posted by nintendoboy16 (29545 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

PS3 beats Wii60 once again.

Dude, it's a new gen. :P

#60 Posted by nintendoboy16 (29545 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

LOL so many cows said PS4 would sell very well in Japan. What happened?

"Buh... buh... Japan is irrelevant" (someone may argue that it's true, but the only reason cows are saying this is because PS4 is getting it's ass kicked by the Wii U down there, they wouldn't be saying this if it was vice-versa).

#61 Posted by AM-Gamer (7009 posts) -

@nintendoboy16: Getting its ass kicked? Being outsold by about 10 k a month is a ass kicking? No an ass kicking is being out sold by 3 to 1 in NA.

#62 Posted by AM-Gamer (7009 posts) -

@GunSmith1_basic: Errr no it didn't. The PS4 so far is the fastest selling console during its first 8 months. It has yet to be out a full year.

#63 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (5176 posts) -

Nothing to see here but more salty tears of X1 owners reaching for anything to get others to buy a X1.

Gonna need more than this.

#64 Edited by super600 (31621 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

Yet the PS4 is on pace to be the best selling console of all time. It was smart of Sony to ignore Japan as they have become terribly irrelevant.

The PS4 will be in the top 4 most likely at the end of the gen for consoles. I think the ps4 will be in fourth in terms of sales for consoles. In Japan the ps4 won't be in the top five most likely. The PS4 won't outsell the N64 and the Sega Saturn most likely in Japan.The WiiU and the PS4 will be in a heated race for first place in the console market anyway in Japan, but this race may be one sided for a least three years since the WiiU's lead is kinda large right now and it's increasing and will increase rapidly during the 2014 holiday season.

#65 Posted by super600 (31621 posts) -

@santoron said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Poor PS4 can't catch a break in its own home country.

Fake concern aside, Sony has to be disappointed in their Japanese sales. Perhaps in the future it'll dawn on them to launch in the territory with a few games.

Didn't andrew house say that they think the ps4 is doing okay in sony's opinion in Japan so far. The Japanese branch of SCE must be a bit worried right now anyway.

#66 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10610 posts) -

The Japanese don't want anything to do with that wobbly, lying, no game hunk of shit.

#67 Posted by lordlors (5889 posts) -

@super600 said:

@santoron said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Poor PS4 can't catch a break in its own home country.

Fake concern aside, Sony has to be disappointed in their Japanese sales. Perhaps in the future it'll dawn on them to launch in the territory with a few games.

Didn't andrew house say that they think the ps4 is doing okay in sony's opinion in Japan so far. The Japanese branch of SCE must be a bit worried right now anyway.

Does the poor performance of PS4 in Japan show the insularity of the Japanese because Western games dominate consoles now unlike the PS era?

#68 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (8503 posts) -

@lordlors said:

@super600 said:

@santoron said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Poor PS4 can't catch a break in its own home country.

Fake concern aside, Sony has to be disappointed in their Japanese sales. Perhaps in the future it'll dawn on them to launch in the territory with a few games.

Didn't andrew house say that they think the ps4 is doing okay in sony's opinion in Japan so far. The Japanese branch of SCE must be a bit worried right now anyway.

Does the poor performance of PS4 in Japan show the insularity of the Japanese because Western games dominate consoles now unlike the PS era?

There just aren't any good games on the PS4 right now, western or eastern.

#69 Posted by KBFloYd (15447 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Nike_Air said:

PS3 beats Wii60 once again.

Dude, it's a new gen. :P

that wii ass kicking wake up call still stings ;)

#70 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9987 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@GunSmith1_basic: Errr no it didn't. The PS4 so far is the fastest selling console during its first 8 months. It has yet to be out a full year.

I checked some data, and from what I can tell, the ps4 has roughly 9 million sold, and launches aligned the wii had 9.5 million sold in the same amount of months. To keep pace, the ps4 would have to have 21 million sold total at the end of this coming Xmas

#71 Posted by AM-Gamer (7009 posts) -

@GunSmith1_basic: The Wii sold 7.3 million from its launch untill September the next year. Not sure where you got 9.5 million from.

#72 Posted by santoron (8558 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

There just aren't any good games on the PS4 right now, western or eastern.

Sure there are. There are plenty of good games on the PS4 now considering its age. XB1 too. There just aren't enough good exclusive games to justify a purchase of either if you also game on a PC, 360, or PS3.

Just like pretty much any 9 month old console ever released. A great library takes some time.

#73 Edited by GunSmith1_basic (9987 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@GunSmith1_basic: The Wii sold 7.3 million from its launch untill September the next year. Not sure where you got 9.5 million from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_sales

It sold 9.27 million by the end of June 2007. This is according to Nintendo's own data. They both launched at the cusp of the holiday season of their respective years. It's actually harder for me to find hard data on the ps4 btw.

Edit: I just noticed that it did say shipped, but at this point for the wii, it's fair to say that shipped= sold or very close to it. It was red hot for about 3 years.

#75 Edited by AM-Gamer (7009 posts) -

@walloftruth: It has support from every 3rd party Japanese company. But when you spend most of your time on making low budget handheld games it takes time to adjust.

#76 Posted by AtariKidX (6560 posts) -

PS4 have dominate........again and again.SDC.

#77 Posted by KBFloYd (15447 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

PS4 have dominate........again and again.SDC.

it have dominate in africa and brazil.....but not in japan :)