Media Create sales (june30-july6) 3DS>vita wiiU>ps4

#1 Edited by KBFloYd (13136 posts) -

  1. [PSV] Freedom Wars (SCEJ, 06/26/14) – 43,160 (232,048)
  2. [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 28,933 (1,176,134)
  3. [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 24,412 (77,508)
  4. [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 19,386 (512,223)
  5. [PS4] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 12,783 (78,378)
  6. [PS3] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 12,656 (43,684)
  7. [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War II (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 10,651 (73,300)
  8. [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy (Nintendo, 06/19/14) – 10,003 (56,456)
  9. [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) – 7,607 (144,500)
  10. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V Low Price Version (06/26/14) – 5,717 (12,448)
  11. [3DS] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) – 5,703 (62,446)
  12. [PS4] FIFA 14 (EA, 02/22/14) – 5,065 (58,878)
  13. [3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus, 06/05/14) – 4,996 (242,375)
  14. [3DS] Pokemon X and Y (Pokemon, 10/12/13) – 4,595 (4,097,248)
  15. [PS3] Date A Live: Ars Install (Compile Heart, 06/26/14) – 4,383 (14,086)
  16. [PSV] Girls und Panzer: Master the Tankery (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 4,016 (35,542)
  17. [PS4] Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed (Acquire, 07/03/14) – 3,602 (New)
  18. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom, 09/14/13) – 3,327 (3,304,016)
  19. [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo, 03/20/14) – 3,305 (404,211)
  20. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01/11) – 3,214 (2,346,622)

Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)

  1. 3DS LL – 21,914 (22,803)
  2. PlayStation Vita – 18,438 (22,192)
  3. Wii U – 9,961 (10,653)
  4. PlayStation 4 – 7,876 (8,059)
  5. PlayStation 3 – 7,511 (7,480)
  6. 3DS – 5,424 (5,081)
  7. PlayStation Vita TV – 2,217 (2,727)
  8. PSP – 1,579 (1,445)
  9. Xbox 360 – 180 (201)

http://playeressence.com/media-create-sales-63014-7614-freedom-wars-and-3ds-lead/

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29483 posts) -

Nintendomination,as usual

#3 Posted by Bigboi500 (29291 posts) -

Wii U beat PS4 once again.

#4 Posted by stereointegrity (10700 posts) -

Wii U beat PS4 once again.

While ps4 already outsold the Wii u life time sales

#5 Posted by Desmonic (13382 posts) -

Sooo... why does MS wanna release the X1 in Japan again? Are they not seeing that next-gen is bloody dead on that island? :P

#6 Edited by KBFloYd (13136 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Wii U beat PS4 once again.

While ps4 already outsold the Wii u life time sales

not in japan...so far wiiU is bigger in Japan than playstation 4

#7 Posted by Ghost120x (3737 posts) -

Ps4 flopping hard it seems.

#8 Edited by aroxx_ab (9258 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@stereointegrity said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Wii U beat PS4 once again.

While ps4 already outsold the Wii u life time sales

not in japan...so far wiiU is bigger in Japan than playstation 4

...and Japan is important market since when? they only play handhelds there...

#9 Posted by Bigboi500 (29291 posts) -

lol poor cows, can't even stick to the topic being about Japan. Home of real video games. aka Nintendo Land. Glorious Nippon.

#10 Posted by Nike_Air (18312 posts) -

PS3 beats Wii60 once again.

#11 Posted by KBFloYd (13136 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

PS3 beats Wii60 once again.

wii was discontinued already...

props to 360 for still being sold....they took a page from sonys book of longevity.

#12 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

Nintendoland. Sony is not even going to win in it's own country. Hahahahahhahaah

#13 Posted by KBFloYd (13136 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@KBFloYd said:

not in japan...so far wiiU is bigger in Japan than playstation 4

...and Japan is important market since when? they only play handhelds there...

japan is the 2nd biggest market next to the united states...

unless you want to count europe as one market only... in that case japan is third.

top 3 gamming country.

it matters.

#14 Edited by lamprey263 (23095 posts) -

Sad that Persona Q can't do better, in its home territory nonetheless. By contrast Freedom Wars looks like shit, but that's selling much better.

#15 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6753 posts) -

What's funny is that the PS4 went below 10k wayyy faster than the WiiU did.

#16 Edited by KBFloYd (13136 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Sad that Persona Q can't do better, in its home territory nonetheless. By contrast Freedom Wars looks like shit, but that's selling much better.

cmon persona q is a spin off...it was destined to flop.

i am surprised at freedom wars...thats actually impressive.

#17 Posted by super600 (30277 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

Nintendoland. Sony is not even going to win in it's own country. Hahahahahhahaah

Sony may win in the console department in Japan, but it's always possible that the ps4 struggles to beat the WiiU by the end of the gen in Japan and/or struggles to break the 5 million mark by the end of the gen in Japan.

#18 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

@super600:

Console market is shrinking in Japan this is clear. I don't see the reason MS is even going to bother releasing a console there.

#19 Edited by lamprey263 (23095 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@lamprey263 said:

Sad that Persona Q can't do better, in its home territory nonetheless. By contrast Freedom Wars looks like shit, but that's selling much better.

cmon persona q is a spin off...it was destined to flop.

i am surprised at freedom wars...thats actually impressive.

I wouldn't say it flopped, it's performing marginally better than some of the other SMT games in the region, but that uptick doesn't seem proportional to the amount of effort they've put into promoting it. Critically it did rather good. It'll be interesting to see how it performs in other regions, as the Persona name has built quite a reputation outside Japan. I'd say half a million would be respectable in world wide sales if it can accomplish even that. They should at least release it in Europe though, they didn't bother doing a proper release for Europe with SMT4.

It's probably a lot harder to judge sales of portable titles too with both Sony and Nintendo both supporting digital retail for all their games, and those numbers being secret unless they're worth bragging about.

#20 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26269 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

...and Japan is important market since when? they only play handhelds there...

You wouldn't be saying this if PS4 was in the lead.

#21 Posted by Netret0120 (2027 posts) -

180 units sold:-\

When will mobile gaming sales be included in software or hardware sales? I am sure mobile gaming is more than all 3 consoles combined.

#22 Posted by inb4uall (5339 posts) -

180 units sold:-\

When will mobile gaming sales be included in software or hardware sales? I am sure mobile gaming is more than all 3 consoles combined.

Probably when gamers start to give a fuck about mobile games.

#23 Edited by bunchanumbers (413 posts) -

Man, if it wasn't for Japan Vita would already be buried. Sony should thank Japan next time by releasing the ps5 in Japan first.

#24 Edited by svaubel (2442 posts) -

@Shottayouth13- said:

What's funny is that the PS4 went below 10k wayyy faster than the WiiU did.

Yep. It doesnt have games that appeal to the Japanese market currently. Considering how much Watch Dogs boosted PS4 globally, but marginally in Japan, it makes me wonder what else could provide a sales spike for the system.

Considering Nintendo has Monster Hunter already, unless the PS4 suddenly got a ton of RPGs it seems destined to be below WiiU sales for quite some time, as long as Nintendo keeps the momentum going.

And I dont know why M$ is even bothering releasing the Xbone in Japan. Even with WiiU's slow sales up to this point, it has already outsold the 360's figures in the country.

#25 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6963 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@KBFloYd said:

@stereointegrity said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Wii U beat PS4 once again.

While ps4 already outsold the Wii u life time sales

not in japan...so far wiiU is bigger in Japan than playstation 4

...and Japan is important market since when? they only play handhelds there...

It matters if you want to get Japanese games on your console.

#26 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4028 posts) -

Japan is Nintendoland.

Also lol 180 360s sold.

Man, if it wasn't for Japan Vita would already be buried. Sony should thank Japan next time by releasing the ps5 in Japan first.

Shouldn't you be damage controlling the Xbone's failure in the news articles?

#27 Edited by Malta_1980 (11215 posts) -

A Couple of good JRPGs on PS4 will boost sales in Japan... But Nintendo will continue releasing games with Mario in the title and counter that :)

#28 Posted by jsmoke03 (12734 posts) -

man, japanese market has fallen off...they really dont like gaming on a console anymore

#29 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27365 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

...and Japan is important market since when? they only play handhelds there...

You wouldn't be saying this if PS4 was in the lead.

He's right though ... the UK surpassed them in 360/PS3 sales last gen. The days of Japan being more than a bit player in consoles is pretty much over for the foreseeable future

@Desmonic said:

Sooo... why does MS wanna release the X1 in Japan again? Are they not seeing that next-gen is bloody dead on that island? :P

Been saying this for a long time. If the WiiU and PS4 are selling that badly how awful will the bloomin' XB1 do? Can't see them ever recouping their launch costs.

#30 Posted by Heil68 (43414 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Wii U beat PS4 once again.

While ps4 already outsold the Wii u life time sales

and thus SDC, thank you SONY.

#31 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16770 posts) -

Very pleased to see freedom wars doing well

#32 Edited by super600 (30277 posts) -

@svaubel said:

@Shottayouth13- said:

What's funny is that the PS4 went below 10k wayyy faster than the WiiU did.

Yep. It doesnt have games that appeal to the Japanese market currently. Considering how much Watch Dogs boosted PS4 globally, but marginally in Japan, it makes me wonder what else could provide a sales spike for the system.

Considering Nintendo has Monster Hunter already, unless the PS4 suddenly got a ton of RPGs it seems destined to be below WiiU sales for quite some time, as long as Nintendo keeps the momentum going.

And I dont know why M$ is even bothering releasing the Xbone in Japan. Even with WiiU's slow sales up to this point, it has already outsold the 360's figures in the country.

I think the PS4's problems in Japan extend farther than the games. The console is unappealing to the Japanese public mostly because of it's price and type of software released for it. Japanese are flocking to mobile now because it has the software they want on it and developers are flocking to it to because of the increasing userbase and lower development costs. It also costs a lot of money for developers to create software now on the PS4 and it's easier for them to create software on the PS3,Vita, and 3DS. since the user is pretty decent or great in Japan on all the above.The rest of the developers that don't bother with the console/handheld market just create games for the mobile phone/tablet market Sony and Nintendo are going to have to find a way to entice Japanese developers back to the console and handheld markets next gen. I don't know if it is to late to reverse the decline in the video game market in Japan

#33 Posted by super600 (30277 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

...and Japan is important market since when? they only play handhelds there...

You wouldn't be saying this if PS4 was in the lead.

He's right though ... the UK surpassed them in 360/PS3 sales last gen. The days of Japan being more than a bit player in consoles is pretty much over for the foreseeable future

@Desmonic said:

Sooo... why does MS wanna release the X1 in Japan again? Are they not seeing that next-gen is bloody dead on that island? :P

Been saying this for a long time. If the WiiU and PS4 are selling that badly how awful will the bloomin' XB1 do? Can't see them ever recouping their launch costs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Xbox One struggling to get to 500K or even original xbox numbers in Japan.