Media Create sales Dec 8 to Dec 14.

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Well NeoGaf is a message board. The source I gave you is the source most sites and boards use for Japan hardware and software sales. Where do you think the user from Neogaf, who makes all of the sales threads and keeps a database gets his information from? The IGN forum?

The reason the numbers are the same is because the numbers came from the same place. But to use a message board as a source is stupid. Just take the extra 15 seconds and find the source in Google yourself. You obviously have the spare time.

I don't think even he knows anymore.

That is not the point the point is that it is valid hell NPD thread numbers are pull directly from there and so are many threads here.

Exactly so i don't have to translate Japanese to English the job is done for me and i save much time...Is a win win for me...

@Blabadon said:

@tormentos: what the **** are you saying

That you are great..

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@tormentos said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Well NeoGaf is a message board. The source I gave you is the source most sites and boards use for Japan hardware and software sales. Where do you think the user from Neogaf, who makes all of the sales threads and keeps a database gets his information from? The IGN forum?

The reason the numbers are the same is because the numbers came from the same place. But to use a message board as a source is stupid. Just take the extra 15 seconds and find the source in Google yourself. You obviously have the spare time.

I don't think even he knows anymore.

That is not the point the point is that it is valid hell NPD thread numbers are pull directly from there and so are many threads here.

Exactly so i don't have to translate Japanese to English the job is done for me and i save much time...Is a win win for me...

NeoGaf wasn't used for last weeks Media Create numbers. Oh, but you didn't make the thread
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/japan-media-create-dec1-dec7-nintendomination-31709351/#0

The last UK sales thread didn't use NeoGaf. Oh, but you didn't make the thread.
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/uk-charts-mcc-fails-driveclub-rises-pokemon-lbp3-31704438/#44

And here is an example where using what is said in a message board can get you in trouble.
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/npds-tomorrow-which-result-will-cause-the-most-wav-31708331/?page=4

Using NPD numbers from a NeoGaf "Insider"

Tormentos "Yep Cboat say it was from 7 to 10 K wow MS almost freaking loss November NPD with a $330 console with 2 free games and a gift card..my god the PS4 get bigger lead than those all year round.."

Oops.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: Who cares?

Any one who posted on NPD should,after all sales are sales,if you are worry about your console of choice doing well sales wise yeah you should care..hahaha

@blackace said:

And 1.2 million the Black Friday week in the U.S. It just shows where XBox fanbase really are and it's not in Japan. lol!! Even the PS4 fanbase isn't in Japan. They still haven't broken 1 million in their own country. That's pretty sad. They did that in the U.S. in one day. LMAO!! Japan is one of the least important countries now alone with many of those other small countries that will sell a few hundred thousand in the life of the console.

It would not be complete without you bringing 1.2 million you who have been a total ghost over the last few months on NPD thread because MS loss them,instead you post from you B4X account with this same shit styling bringing things into the thread which are irrelevant,last thread like this you bring Drive Club Online problems on media create sales,now NPD numbers to prove i don't know what because those NPD number say nothing about Japan..

Really that is funny because the PS4 is on its way to another million on another country while MS hasn't even break 100k in Japan.

I am sure Japan will sell 7 or 8 million PS4 if not more.

Who cares about Japan? Why not post Australia's numbers while you are at it?

Unless you own stock, Japan sales are irrelevant.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@tormentos: what the **** are you saying

I was wondering the same thing. You could take a handful of magnetic letters, throw them up on a refrigerator and it would make more sense.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@GoldenElementXL:

So current gen 8 console leader SONY is still on a rill with PS4??? :D

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MarkAndExecute
Member since 2012 • 450 Posts

Japan isn't the world and it stopped being relevant like a generation ago. Hate to burst your bubble.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

@MarkAndExecute said:

Japan isn't the world and it stopped being relevant like a generation ago. Hate to burst your bubble.

Second largest market is irrelevant, LOL people on those boards get dumber by the day.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 StormyJoe

@Newhopes said:

@MarkAndExecute said:

Second largest market is irrelevant, LOL people on those boards get dumber by the day.

In the console world, it's a distant third. The 360 sold like crap in Japan, and still managed to top the PS3...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tormentos

@GoldenElementXL said:

NeoGaf wasn't used for last weeks Media Create numbers. Oh, but you didn't make the thread

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/japan-media-create-dec1-dec7-nintendomination-31709351/#0

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/uk-charts-mcc-fails-driveclub-rises-pokemon-lbp3-31704438/#44

And here is an example where using what is said in a message board can get you in trouble.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/npds-tomorrow-which-result-will-cause-the-most-wav-31708331/?page=4

Using NPD numbers from a NeoGaf "Insider"Tormentos "Yep Cboat say it was from 7 to 10 K wow MS almost freaking loss November NPD with a $330 console with 2 free games and a gift card..my god the PS4 get bigger lead than those all year round.."

Oops.

Dude every one on neogaf was fool by Cboat and he was banned for it,the numbers on that same thread the correction and all came from Neogaf,and people on that thread use it basically the wrong numbers and the right ones came from neogaf all so nice way to own your self buffoon.

I was wrong because Cboat bullshit people,but the same data that prove cboat Wrong came from other insider in neogaf so yeah win 1 lose 1 dude.

You are just sad because i prove you wrong the thread still open so yeah i think that says it all..

@StormyJoe said:

Who cares about Japan? Why not post Australia's numbers while you are at it?

Unless you own stock, Japan sales are irrelevant.

Sony sold 10 million PS3 in Japan yeah sure it is irrelevant..hahaaha

For you sad fanboys it is because you think MS will run away with US..lol

@StormyJoe said:

In the console world, it's a distant third. The 360 sold like crap in Japan, and still managed to top the PS3...

The 360 topped the PS3 because it release 1 year early and was as much as $300 cheaper,and they ended tied basically at the end of the generation for that same reason Japan,sony sold 10 million units there which helped close the gap,it took sony 1 year less to sell the same amount of units MS sold even that they had a cheaper console all gen long.

I wonder how the xbox one would have sell if the unit was all gen long at up to $300 more expensive than the PS4,it was $100 for the first month and a half and sony make a gap of 1.2 million units,by march it was like 3 million higher and already by that time the unit was been sold by $449 with Titanfall bundle,by October it was like 6+ millions ahead and already since June both units were selling at the same price..

This gen MS need more Japan and every freaking place on this planet than ever,this time there isn't a 1 year advantage for MS and it has been outsold badly since last year,to the point where it has been force to drop up to $170 from its asking price compare to 2013 give 2 free games and gift cards every where....

For you is irrelevant because you are a blind lemming for MS it isn't they need all they can sell.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MarkAndExecute

@Newhopes said:

@MarkAndExecute said:

Wrong. Japan is continually declining and we're living in a western dominated market world now.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By StormyJoe

@tormentos: Yes, it is irrelevant. The 360 barely sold a million in Japan, and the 360 suffered a zero loss of multiplat games. So again, unless you own stock in Sony, Japan sales are irrelevant.

And STFU with that "one year early" bullshit. Last gen lasted 8 years. The 360 kicked the PS3's ass in NA for pretty much the entire gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@tormentos said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Using NPD numbers from a NeoGaf "Insider"Tormentos "Yep Cboat say it was from 7 to 10 K wow MS almost freaking loss November NPD with a $330 console with 2 free games and a gift card..my god the PS4 get bigger lead than those all year round.."

Oops.

Dude every one on neogaf was fool by Cboat and he was banned for it,the numbers on that same thread the correction and all came from Neogaf,and people on that thread use it basically the wrong numbers and the right ones came from neogaf all so nice way to own your self buffoon.

I was wrong because Cboat bullshit people,but the same data that prove cboat Wrong came from other insider in neogaf so yeah win 1 lose 1 dude.

You are just sad because i prove you wrong the thread still open so yeah i think that says it all..

You call me a buffoon, and yet you can't find an official source for your sales threads. I have shown you that others seem to have no problem using a source other than a message board for their sales threads. I understand that you might not be as computer savvy as the average user here, but it really isn't that hard.

Also, I am an active member at NeoGaf. Maybe next time you can wait for an official source to release credible information before running your mouth. I know many other users there waited for the official NPD numbers as well.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Newhopes

@StormyJoe said:

@Newhopes said:

@MarkAndExecute said:

Revenue wise Japan is the second largest market.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 StormyJoe

@Newhopes said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Newhopes said:

@MarkAndExecute said:

Not with consoles. PS3 sold 11 million in Japan, which represents 12% of it's sales. MS sold about 1.5 million 360s in Japan, which represents less than 1.5%.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: Who cares?

Any one who posted on NPD should,after all sales are sales,if you are worry about your console of choice doing well sales wise yeah you should care..hahaha

@blackace said:

And 1.2 million the Black Friday week in the U.S. It just shows where XBox fanbase really are and it's not in Japan. lol!! Even the PS4 fanbase isn't in Japan. They still haven't broken 1 million in their own country. That's pretty sad. They did that in the U.S. in one day. LMAO!! Japan is one of the least important countries now alone with many of those other small countries that will sell a few hundred thousand in the life of the console.

It would not be complete without you bringing 1.2 million you who have been a total ghost over the last few months on NPD thread because MS loss them,instead you post from you B4X account with this same shit styling bringing things into the thread which are irrelevant,last thread like this you bring Drive Club Online problems on media create sales,now NPD numbers to prove i don't know what because those NPD number say nothing about Japan..

Really that is funny because the PS4 is on its way to another million on another country while MS hasn't even break 100k in Japan.

I am sure Japan will sell 7 or 8 million PS4 if not more.

Not going to happen. At the rate the ps4 is selling it may only sell around a million per year. The ps4's ltd will be under 7million in Japan and most likely around 5 or 6 million.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MarkAndExecute

@Newhopes said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Newhopes said:

@MarkAndExecute said:

Do you count mobile phone games too? That's irrelevant if it doesn't pertain to Sony, Nintendo, or MS. Why do you think many Japanese companies are trying to reach out to Americans by making their games more westernized?

Simple, its because the western market is where the REAL money is at. Once again, Japan DOESN'T matter. Your point is shot down. Boom.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tormentos

@super600 said:

Not going to happen. At the rate the ps4 is selling it may only sell around a million per year. The ps4's ltd will be under 7million in Japan and most likely around 5 or 6 million.

Just like the PS4 would not hit 100 million right.?

It is selling low because it has nothing but games will come and sales will take off.

@GoldenElementXL said:

You call me a buffoon, and yet you can't find an official source for your sales threads. I have shown you that others seem to have no problem using a source other than a message board for their sales threads. I understand that you might not be as computer savvy as the average user here, but it really isn't that hard.

Also, I am an active member at NeoGaf. Maybe next time you can wait for an official source to release credible information before running your mouth. I know many other users there waited for the official NPD numbers as well.

You are a buffoon and i can find a freaking source to my post that is what i did,the numbers are spot on and info translated already.

NPD doesn't release official numbers for years now,they come from leaks not NPD,maybe you should post on neogaf a little more...hahhaa

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: Yes, it is irrelevant. The 360 barely sold a million in Japan, and the 360 suffered a zero loss of multiplat games. So again, unless you own stock in Sony, Japan sales are irrelevant.

And STFU with that "one year early" bullshit. Last gen lasted 8 years. The 360 kicked the PS3's ass in NA for pretty much the entire gen.

It is not irrelevant dude 10 million units is not freaking irrelevant how much do you think the XBO sold in UK 40 million.? Yet it would not leave you people mouth all gen long alone side US,face it you only care about places were the xbox sell which is a joke.

Yes and sony kicked MS ass world wide all gen long to,reason why both arrive at 80 millions weeks apart from each other,but while sony accounts sales as sold to consumer for years, MS account as shipped units..hahaha

By the time both hit 80 million the PS3 was probably ahead.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

It is not irrelevant dude 10 million units is not freaking irrelevant how much do you think the XBO sold in UK 40 million.? Yet it would not leave you people mouth all gen long alone side US,face it you only care about places were the xbox sell which is a joke.

Yes and sony kicked MS ass world wide all gen long to,reason why both arrive at 80 millions weeks apart from each other,but while sony accounts sales as sold to consumer for years, MS account as shipped units..hahaha

By the time both hit 80 million the PS3 was probably ahead.

Let's break this down...

You said yourself - The more a console sells, the more games made for it.

However, where those consoles are sold is just as relevant. MS managed to only sell just 1.5 million 360s in Japan. Despite that, the 360 had every single multiplat released on it. So, as far as the "console sales = more games" argument, Japan is irrelevant. Last gen proved that.

As for your second point - are you brain damaged? The majority of last gen, Sony grouped PS2 sales with PS3 sales.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

@tormentos said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

You are a buffoon and i can find a freaking source to my post that is what i did,the numbers are spot on and info translated already.

NPD doesn't release official numbers for years now,they come from leaks not NPD,maybe you should post on neogaf a little more...hahhaa

That's funny because none of the publications I read credit "NeoGaf Insider" as their source for NPD numbers.

For example,

"The Redmond company released those numbers this afternoon, citing statistics from the NPD market research firm. Microsoft said the Xbox One was also the top-selling console in the UK for the month."

http://www.geekwire.com/2014/xbox-one-sells-1-2m-units-u-s-november-topping-ps4-wii-u-early-holiday-battle/

Publishers, retailers and inventors pay the NPD group for their statistics and then do with them what they will. This is why we usually hear from Microsoft or Sony about the numbers first. But I would hardly call those leaks. And they sure as hell aren't coming from NeoGaf users first.

That's also funny that you are telling me I should post more on NeoGaf. What is your username there and how often do you post?

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Newhopes

@StormyJoe said:

@Newhopes said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Newhopes said:

@MarkAndExecute said:

Not with consoles. PS3 sold 11 million in Japan, which represents 12% of it's sales. MS sold about 1.5 million 360s in Japan, which represents less than 1.5%.

Do you even know what Revenue means, christ people on those boards are dumb.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tormentos

@GoldenElementXL said:

That's funny because none of the publications I read credit "NeoGaf Insider" as their source for NPD numbers.

For example,

"The Redmond company released those numbers this afternoon, citing statistics from the NPD market research firm. Microsoft said the Xbox One was also the top-selling console in the UK for the month."

http://www.geekwire.com/2014/xbox-one-sells-1-2m-units-u-s-november-topping-ps4-wii-u-early-holiday-battle/

Publishers, retailers and inventors pay the NPD group for their statistics and then do with them what they will. This is why we usually hear from Microsoft or Sony about the numbers first. But I would hardly call those leaks. And they sure as hell aren't coming from NeoGaf users first.

That's also funny that you are telling me I should post more on NeoGaf. What is your username there and how often do you post?

In what part in that link say NPD gave the Numbers.? It was MS who quote NPD numbers,NPD use to give number to the public long time ago it doesn't do that any more is up to the companies to say the numbers why you think several NPD were the xbox one did badly MS release no numbers and on a NPD thread in neogaf the first talk about a million units came from insiders and a chart make before the 1.2 million number was known.

So i am right NPD give no numbers any more.

I know how NPD works i am not a damn new buffoon...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Let's break this down...

However, where those consoles are sold is just as relevant. MS managed to only sell just 1.5 million 360s in Japan. Despite that, the 360 had every single multiplat released on it. So, as far as the "console sales = more games" argument, Japan is irrelevant. Last gen proved that.

As for your second point - are you brain damaged? The majority of last gen, Sony grouped PS2 sales with PS3 sales.

Depends. If you like JRPGs for instance and they don't sell on the MS console then there will be less to play. You might still be getting western games but there is generally a drought of games that are more skewed toward Japan. And as we've seen with both prior MS consoles....there really wasn't many of said genre on the console.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Let's break this down...

Yeah reason why the wii got so many games.

No it wasn't when those 10 million sony sold there helped Sony to actually tied with MS.

No sony grouped PS2 numbers with PS3 ones for the last 2 or 3 years,and that wasn't to hide shit those numbers were to make their units sold seem bigger,to investors which were breathing heavy on sony's neck.

The same thing MS did already several times,join 360 and xbox one shipments or have you forgot that.?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@tormentos said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

For example,

In what part in that link say NPD gave the Numbers.? It was MS who quote NPD numbers,NPD use to give number to the public long time ago it doesn't do that any more is up to the companies to say the numbers why you think several NPD were the xbox one did badly MS release no numbers and on a NPD thread in neogaf the first talk about a million units came from insiders and a chart make before the 1.2 million number was known.

So i am right NPD give no numbers any more.

I know how NPD works i am not a damn new buffoon...

Bold portion response - "The Redmond company released those numbers this afternoon, citing statistics from the NPD market research firm."

Did you read any of the words in the link I provided? The Redmond group obviously purchased the numbers from NPD and then released them in their own statement. That is what that part, "citing statistics from the NPD market research firm" means. You are right that they don't "give no numbers." They sell them. But every month one of the big 3 releases the information they purchased. This isn't a "leak." And it sure as hell isn't coming from a NeoGaf user.

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Let's break this down...

Yeah reason why the wii got so many games.

No it wasn't when those 10 million sony sold there helped Sony to actually tied with MS.

No sony grouped PS2 numbers with PS3 ones for the last 2 or 3 years,and that wasn't to hide shit those numbers were to make their units sold seem bigger,to investors which were breathing heavy on sony's neck.

The same thing MS did already several times,join 360 and xbox one shipments or have you forgot that.?

Bold portion response - Did you read or comprehend that sentence you wrote? Because that is one of the most asinine things I have read in System Wars. Even coming from you. According to you, Sony wasn't hiding anything, they were just trying to make their sales seem bigger to make their investors happy. That, by definition is "hiding something."

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#75 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

Can we be on-topic and not talk about NPD?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 tormentos

@GoldenElementXL said:

Bold portion response - Did you read any of the words in the link I provided? The Redmond group obviously purchased the numbers from NPD and then released them in their own statement. That is what that part, "citing statistics from the NPD market research firm" means. You are right that they don't "give no numbers." They sell them. But every month one of the big 3 releases the information they purchased. This isn't a "leak." And it sure as hell isn't coming from a NeoGaf user.

"The Redmond company released those numbers this afternoon, citing statistics from the NPD market research firm."

Bold portion response - Did you read or comprehend that sentence you wrote? Because that is one of the most asinine things I have read in System Wars. Even coming from you. According to you, Sony wasn't hiding anything, they were just trying to make their sales seem bigger to make their investors happy. That, by definition is "hiding something."

Dude stop MS get NPD numbers juts like sony does,NPD doesn't release numbers to the public any more period,years back NPD did release numbers all months for all consoles,they stopped doing it and it is up to the companies to release numbers now so yeah i am rigth.

No not every month find October Number from MS they loss and since the loss they keep the number to them self..

If MS would have loss NPD November the numbers would still be on MS lips,they only talk about numbers when they are doing good enough.

No dude when numbers are release by sony and MS they are not number for you,this are for investors if the investors see sony move 4 million units in a quarter they see it good,rather than the 1 million PS3 2.8 million PS4 and 200k Vita which will give a clear signal that one is doing badly.

Which is something MS did as well for several quarters already join 360X xbox one sales,hell i even make a thread about mocking MS for it and asking were the hypocrites were that flamed sony for hiding PS3 sales with so call PS2 sales,when MS was doing the same and they claim MS never did that..hahaha

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 StormyJoe

@Newhopes said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Newhopes said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Newhopes said:

@MarkAndExecute said:

Do you even know what Revenue means, christ people on those boards are dumb.

Do you?

Revenue is money earned from selling a good or service. If a market X represents 1.5% of company A's unit sales, and across all markets company A sells the same products, then market X is not that significant...