Medal of Honor: Vanguard (Wii Footage)

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 88Ghost89
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=9168

Sorry if old.

I'm glad it looks easy to control and the player isn't having trouble shooting enemies. Can't judge much for the visuals, it's off screen and hard to tell.

Death2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Death2009
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
I am more interested in how the wiimote things affects gameplay. Seems FPS are the only games I have seen that may benefit from MD at this point.
Avatar image for xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
xxxxThe_GoaTxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
Member since 2004 • 1841 Posts
I'm actually pretty damn impressed...looks great imo.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
My god can the wii render more than 2 enemies at a time?  Where are the enemies?...this is a war game.  Third party for wii equals garbage.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
Looks good compared to current wii games. I wonder how much 360/ps3 fanboys will bash this video?
apolloluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 apolloluke
Member since 2006 • 1273 Posts
teh jaggiez!!1!1
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts
meh....still looks a little wierd. mp3 still looks like it has the best controls..
KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts
:o That looks really good!
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
My god can the wii render more than 2 enemies at a time? Where are the enemies?...this is a war game. Third party for wii equals garbage.Binski
Gears was a war. I think the most i saw at once was maybe 6. Not even that... On one of the end sections
Avatar image for blackpretttyboy
blackpretttyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blackpretttyboy
Member since 2006 • 1275 Posts
wow that looked bad .
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

Sorry if old.

I'm glad it looks easy to control and the player isn't having trouble shooting enemies. Can't judge much for the visuals, it's off screen and hard to tell.

88Ghost89

The aiming with the grenades looks completely off. When the player tries to throw the grendade into a bunker, about half way through the video, it goes way above where the aim cursor is actually pointing and bouncess off the wall instead.

I remember how Bungie did this with the Halo 2 also and it really bugged me. It worked fine in Halo and then they ******* it up for Halo 2. Just like it is ****** up in MOH: V.

Why can't these developers have the grenades go where the pointer is aiming and not in a stupid arc way above the cursor that actually makes it almost impossible to tell where the grenade is going to go unless you aim for a target that is far enough away that it will eventually go where the cursor is point.

Compare Halo's brilliant grenade aiming to Halo 2's or the likes of MOH: V and you will see what I mean.

I also think the general aiming and turning in MOH: V on Wii looks just as clumsy as all the other FPS games. It is just not as much fun as using a Mouse/Keyboard or even a traditional control pad in some cases, because it just keeps swining all over the place and turning always feels like it is in direct conflict with aiming.

I have suggested what I think is a better control for aiming and turning on Wii FPS games and until someone tries it I am not gonna be happy, unless they really nail the method they currently insist on using...

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
did i just see a 90-degree turn in the last few seconds?
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 88Ghost89

[QUOTE="Binski"]My god can the wii render more than 2 enemies at a time? Where are the enemies?...this is a war game. Third party for wii equals garbage.toxicmog
Gears was a war. I think the most i saw at once was maybe 6. Not even that... On one of the end sections

Very true.

Also Medal of Honour is a more WWII squad game, COD has more 100 people running up a hill scenes. But who knows this was only one video...

There was the one other video where you see the guy parachute and there is a whole mess of units down below.

blackpretttyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blackpretttyboy
air born on the 360 and ps3 will be much much better in every way
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 88Ghost89
[QUOTE="88Ghost89"]

Sorry if old.

freeload

The aiming with the grenades looks completely off. When the player tries to throw the grendade into a bunker, about half way through the video, it goes way above where the aim cursor is actually pointing and bouncess off the wall instead.

I remember how Bungie did this with the Halo 2 also and it really bugged me. It worked fine in Halo and then they ******* it up for Halo 2. Just like it is ****** up in MOH: V.

Why can't these developers have the grenades go where the pointer is aiming and not in a stupid arc way above the cursor that actually makes it almost impossible to tell where the grenade is going to go unless you aim for a target that is far enough away that it will eventually go where the cursor is point.

Compare Halo's brilliant grenade aiming to Halo 2's or the likes of MOH: V and you will see what I mean.

I also think the general aiming and turning in MOH: V on Wii looks just as clumsy as all the other FPS games. It is just not as much fun as using a Mouse/Keyboard or even a traditional control pad in some cases, because it just keeps swining all over the place and turning always feels like it is in direct conflict with aiming.

I have suggested what I think is a better control for aiming and turning on Wii FPS games and until someone tries it I am not gonna be happy, unless they really nail the method they currently insist on using...

I think it's because the player didn't factor in the arc. He thought the gradane would be thrown like a bullet. I think Gears of war did a good job showing the arc that the granade would make.

It was at GDC so it was the players first time with the game but he didn't seem to have any trouble shooting enemies so I think that's what counts. They also added a 180* turn which I saw, and I think they should add that to every FPS game.

volcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 volcus
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
The controls looked a little awkward and frustrating at times, but overall the game looks good. I just hope they take the stealthiness out of it (ie picking up documents) i prefer a more team based, action shooter - like COD. 
Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
[QUOTE="Binski"]My god can the wii render more than 2 enemies at a time? Where are the enemies?...this is a war game. Third party for wii equals garbage.toxicmog

Gears was pushing polys and wasn't a world war 2 game where more than 5 enemies is expected....The wii ain't pushing polys.  ?????????????????????????????????
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
teh jaggiez!!1!1apolloluke
although we know thay'll be there, you do realise you were watching a highly compressed video?.........
meh....still looks a little wierd. mp3 still looks like it has the best controls..Japanese_Monk
we hope... i hope!!!

true.. but CoD3 has lot's of enemies and also inn the Wii version. i just think this is a level where most of the enemies are in a bunker.... how c
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#20 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
Better than COD3.  I don't like how the turning is still slow, they need to look at MP3 or Perfect Dark Source.
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freeload
[QUOTE="freeload"][QUOTE="88Ghost89"]

Sorry if old.

88Ghost89

I think it's because the player didn't factor in the arc. He thought the gradane would be thrown like a bullet. I think Gears of war did a good job showing the arc that the granade would make.

It was at GDC so it was the players first time with the game but he didn't seem to have any trouble shooting enemies so I think that's what counts. They also added a 180* turn which I saw, and I think they should add that to every FPS game.

The player shouldn't have to factor in the arc IMO.

The cursor should be a direct indication of where the grenade will land/hit. If you throw it a long distance it should go through a natural arc but still land where the cursor is pointing. If you throw it a short distance or next to a wall the it should go through the cursor center and still hit where the cursor is pointing. Play Halo and try the grenade throwing you will see what I mean. That is the best example of what I mean and it works perfectly, feels very natural and intutive and still looks realistic. You can aim accurately, even if you are close to object right in front of you, and it goes exactly where you intended instead of hitting walls in front of you by accident (for example) as it does in many games like MOH on Wii. It is simply more intuitive and far more fun in a game like Halo and this is how it should have worked in MOH:V IMO.

Just my opinion but if you play Halo I would hope you would agree with what clearly is a better and more enjoyable fun solution, and I hope we all what our games to be fun over clumsy, even if that means not being absolutely realistic simulations of that action in real life, although I would say Halo' actually feels more believable too.

Note: I am just using Halo (not Halo 2 by the way) as an example cause I know it works well in that game.

volcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 volcus
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
"He's reloading the MG42!" - That was annoying how they kept on saying that. 
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 88Ghost89
[QUOTE="88Ghost89"][QUOTE="freeload"][QUOTE="88Ghost89"]

Sorry if old.

freeload

The cursor should be a direct indication of where the grenade will land/hit. If you throw it a long distance it should go through a natural arc but still land where the cursor is pointing. If you throw it a short distance or next to a wall the it should go through the cursor center and still hit where the cursor is pointing. Play Halo and try the grenade throwing you will see what I mean. That is the best example of what I mean and it works perfectly, feels very natural and intutive and still looks realistic. You can aim acurately even if you are close to object, right in front of you, and it still goes exactly where you intended instead of hitting crates next to you by accident etc as it does in games like MOH on Wii. It is simply more intuitive and far more fun in a game like Halo and this is how it should have worked in MOH:V.

Just my opinion but if you play Halo I would hope you would agree with what clearly is a better and more enjoyable fun solution, and I hope we all what our games to be fun over clumsy, even if that means not being absolutely realistic simulations of that action in real life, although I would say Halo' actually feels more believable too.

Note: I am just using Halo (not Halo 2 by the way) as an example cause I know it works well in that game.

I've played Halo, I know how it works...

I can agree with you that Halo's grenades are nice, but I can't agree that they are better than this game because I haven't played it. Maybe the played just screwed up.

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freeload

"He's reloading the MG42!" - That was annoying how they kept on saying that. volcus

Agreed.

Bad dialogue engine IMO that keeps reusing the same limited set of phrases.

How come a game like Halo, that is years old, could do this brilliantly and yet this supposedly brand new next gen game makes it look soooo difficult...

DrCoCoPiMp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DrCoCoPiMp
Member since 2005 • 4088 Posts
Looks good compared to current wii games. I wonder how much 360/ps3 fanboys will bash this video?lycrof

worst video ever man. t3h w0rst.

but still, I didn't know the kiddy console could make 3D graphics
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 solidsnakeEx3
I think they have to work in the lob since it seems that grenade throwing is based on how fast you move the nunchuck or whatever it is that's being used to throw it, it's not a button.  Still, if they do work in the lob they shouldn't use a cursor that looks like a targeting reticle, they need to use something  where the cursor either goes away or is different (Grenade launchers in BF2)
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#27 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts
Looks cool to me
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
Im pleased.  The main problem Ive had with Wii games is that the games didnt have barely any AA and this one seems to have decent AA, I can get past the bad models and textures but not the lack of AA, it just kills everything.
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
i'd say aiming for the wii is the most precise on a console, but the turning is the hardest. at least you wont accidentally click the analog stick in an intense moment :P
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 freeload
[QUOTE="freeload"][QUOTE="88Ghost89"][QUOTE="freeload"][QUOTE="88Ghost89"]

Sorry if old.

88Ghost89

The cursor should be a direct indication of where the grenade will land/hit. If you throw it a long distance it should go through a natural arc but still land where the cursor is pointing. If you throw it a short distance or next to a wall the it should go through the cursor center and still hit where the cursor is pointing. Play Halo and try the grenade throwing you will see what I mean. That is the best example of what I mean and it works perfectly, feels very natural and intutive and still looks realistic. You can aim acurately even if you are close to object, right in front of you, and it still goes exactly where you intended instead of hitting crates next to you by accident etc as it does in games like MOH on Wii. It is simply more intuitive and far more fun in a game like Halo and this is how it should have worked in MOH:V.

I've played Halo, I know how it works...

I can agree with you that Halo's grenades are nice, but I can't agree that they are better than this game because I haven't played it. Maybe the played just screwed up.

I don't think you have to play MOH:V to be able to see how the grenades work in this game. They work the same as the previous game before it as far as the video shows. Although I would not say this is a fact it just seems to be common sense that this is the case IMO.

I also don't think the player screwed up IMO.

I think it is clear the arc or path of the grenade goes way above the cursor in the example in the video, and that being the case the cursor is wrong because it does not give the player an accurate indication of where the grenade was going to go, based on what the player was obviously expecting. It did not take into account the fact that the player was standing close to a wall and that the grenade would simply hit the wall. The player should not have to consider this IMO because in real life this is done intuitively, on almost a sub consious level, and the game should be taking this into account for the player and simply telling them where the grenade is ACTUALLY going to go.

They could add in an arc line, like in Gears, or they could just take the arc into account in the code and show where the grenade is actually going to go. Saving the player hassle and avoinding using crappy look lines indicating arcs etc.

It's just my opinion but I think Halo got it right and I don't think it would have been that hard for these guys to get it right too. I think they over thought the realism of throwing a grenade and underthought that concept of making it intuitive and fun for the player.

I like that idea that you actually get to make a throwing motion however, and that when you throw the screen view remains still, so you don't get all dissorientated etc. I just wish they could have done the same for the aiming reticule...

Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
Let's look at reality for those complaining about enemies. Hiding 30 enemies in a bunker is bad. Having 20 enemies running at you while manning a chain gun is bad. I'd give up a few on screen enemies for better AI. Anyway, looked quite good. I'll pick it up.
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 88Ghost89

I don't think you have to play MOH:V to be able to see how the grenades work in this game. They work the same as the previous game before it as far as the video shows. Although I would not say this is a fact it just seems to be common sense that this is the case IMO.

I think it is clear the arc or path of the grenade goes way above the cursor in the example in the video, and that being the case the cursor is wrong because it does not give the player an accurate indication of where the grenade was going to go, based on what the player was obviously expecting. It did not take into account the fact that the player was standing close to a wall and that the grenade would simply hit the wall. The player should not have to consider this IMO because in real life this is done intuitively, on almost a sub consious level, and the game should be taking this into account for the player and simply telling them where the grenade is ACTUALLY going to go.

They could add in an arc line, like in Gears, or they could just take the arc into account in the code and show where the grenade is actually going to go. Saving the player hassle and avoinding using crappy look lines indicating arcs etc.

It's just my opinion but I think Halo got it right and I don't think it would have been that hard for these guys to get it right too. I think they over thought the realism of throwing a grenade and underthought that concept of making it intuitive and fun for the player.

I like that idea that you actually get to make a throwing motion however, and that when you throw the screen view remains still, so you don't get all dissorientated etc. I just wish they could have done the same for the aiming reticule...

freeload

I'm pretty sure the grenade throwing is done by throwing with the nunchuk, so I doubt it's the same as the other MoH games. Maybe it depends on how hard you throw the nunchuk, and that's thats why it went to high. I guess we'll see when it releases.

Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts

[QUOTE="volcus"]"He's reloading the MG42!" - That was annoying how they kept on saying that. freeload

Agreed.

How come a game like Halo, that is years old, could do this brilliantly and yet this supposedly brand new next gen game makes it look soooo difficult...

Not a brand new next gen game. It's developed for the past gen PS2 and ported to Wii.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
Damn I was thinking about getting this game but the bounding box is way too big. IGN said that the bounding box was only a little bigger than in COD3 but thats not true, its way bigger. Dammit whya re devs doing this? Can't they give us the option at least??
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 solidsnakeEx3
Damn I was thinking about getting this game but the bounding box is way too big. IGN said that the bounding box was only a little bigger than in COD3 but thats not true, its way bigger. Dammit whya re devs doing this? Can't they give us the option at least??Hir0_N

I'm baffled at this too.  MP3 has an option to do that.  Hell, even a HL2 mod using the Wii Remote has an option for this.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hir0_N
[QUOTE="freeload"] 

88Ghost89

I'm pretty sure the grenade throwing is done by throwing with the nunchuk, so I doubt it's the same as the other MoH games. Maybe it depends on how hard you throw the nunchuk, and that's thats why it went to high. I guess we'll see when it releases.

After pressing left or right on the D-Pad, gamers simply aim the Wii remote at their required target and then hold down the B-trigger, which locks the screen; an overhead toss gesture with the pointer then chucks the grenade.
blackpretttyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blackpretttyboy
are u ppl looking at the same thing im lookin at . imo it looks bad .
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hir0_N
did i just see a 90-degree turn in the last few seconds?Pangster007
You can 180 turn if u flick the nunchuk to the right of left. At least thers that. But dammit i dont see how its hard to make an option to make the bouding box smaller.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Well, I don't know how anyone could judge the graphics from that (Jaggies, textures, blur, etc.). It was a low res video of a tv at a bad angle. :roll: But the animations looked clunky and there really wasn't anything going on. Not to mention the grenade looked funny when thrown (Not the actual grenade but the way it flew). Not impressed so far.
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 88Ghost89

Hir0_N

After pressing left or right on the D-Pad, gamers simply aim the Wii remote at their required target and then hold down the B-trigger, which locks the screen; an overhead toss gesture with the pointer then chucks the grenade.

Yeah mybe how hard you throw changes how it's done in the game.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

[QUOTE="volcus"]"He's reloading the MG42!" - That was annoying how they kept on saying that. freeload

Agreed.

Playing any MoH game last gen, and it happens. :| Bungie just put more time into halo than EA. Heck, Call of Duty 2 has this troubel sometimes. "Die fascists!" "Enemies coming at ___ o'clock" and "I'm reloading cover me!!"
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 88Ghost89
[QUOTE="freeload"]

[QUOTE="volcus"]"He's reloading the MG42!" - That was annoying how they kept on saying that. yoshi_64

Agreed.

Playing any MoH game last gen, and it happens. :| Bungie just put more time into halo than EA. Heck, Call of Duty 2 has this troubel sometimes. "Die fascists!" "Enemies coming at ___ o'clock" and "I'm reloading cover me!!"

And the dialogue in Halo is pretty much unknown alien language, and "Run Demon!".

KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts
This reminds me a lot of Call of Duty 2 for 360...
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="freeload"]

[QUOTE="volcus"]"He's reloading the MG42!" - That was annoying how they kept on saying that. 88Ghost89

Agreed.

And the dialogue in Halo is pretty much unknown alien language, and "Run Demon!".

Maybe, but Grunts are just funny and more satisfying to kill. :P It's fun to hear them run in terror, then kill them, or let them run for a bit, then watch the last one try to take you out and kill him.
alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts
wow that looks preety cool
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
crap..they better have an option for the aiming cursor to stay in the center of the screen..or at least reduce the size of the bounding box. The turning looks like it could be troublesome
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
Looks very impressive. I was expecting CoD visuals. :o
Breesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points