Maybe the wii isint the problem.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for insanewolfninja
insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 insanewolfninja
Member since 2005 • 4919 Posts
I wonder if anyone has sat thought hmmm maybe the wii has to cruddy devs that dont wanna make anything and bring out the wiis potential. I mean games like galaxy metorid zelda are all amazing games. and no more heroes. but the wii haslots of potential devs just dont wanna use it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
hit the nail on the head...but haters won;t see it
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts
I think the problem is fanboys and hardcore gamers.
insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 insanewolfninja
I think the problem is fanboys and hardcore gamers.Arkthemaniac
you cant tell me no more heroes metroid zelda galaxy and brawl, arent aimed towards hardcore gamers mostly.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17892 Posts

yup i agree.

if ninty were really having huge problems making good games for the system and games like MP3 and galaxy were really held back by sloppy controls then the wii could be called fundinentally flawed.

but there not. there making great games that are benefiting from the controls. so really, 3rd parties are just making fools of themsleves on the system (bar a few exceptions).

insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 insanewolfninja

yup i agree.

if ninty were really having huge problems making good games for the system and games like MP3 and galaxy were really held back by sloppy controls then the wii could be called fundinentally flawed.

but there not. there making great games that are benefiting from the controls. so really, 3rd parties are just making fools of themsleves on the system (bar a few exceptions).

osan0
I mean ninty seems to be thogugh the only people that know how to work with this system.
-Dead-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 -Dead-
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
The controlls are the root of all problems on the Wii. Developers have no experiece with motion sensing and would rather make a game for the 360/PS3 where they know how to use the standard control. I also think the Wii's terrible power has something to do with it. Devs just want to make one game that they can port to the other consoles to make money. But, anything that is made for the 360/PS3 would crush the Wii thus developers just forget about it.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Arkthemaniac

[QUOTE="Arkthemaniac"]I think the problem is fanboys and hardcore gamers.insanewolfninja
you cant tell me no more heroes metroid zelda galaxy and brawl, arent aimed towards hardcore gamers mostly.

I think their aim was to be fun. What I meant was the biggest issue in this system war is that people section themselves off as different types of gamers. You're right about crappy developers.

CoreyNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CoreyNT
Member since 2008 • 593 Posts
Nintendo is aiming at everyone, to bad all developers aren't, besides the controllers are retarded on the Wii. Stick with remaking the awsome classcis.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

a hardcore gamer would love the wii. it's elitist insecure teenagers that are to preocupied with image rather than having fun with games.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

The controlls are the root of all problems on the Wii. Developers have no experiece with motion sensing and would rather make a game for the 360/PS3 where they know how to use the standard control. I also think the Wii's terrible power has something to do with it. Devs just want to make one game that they can port to the other consoles to make money. But, anything that is made for the 360/PS3 would crush the Wii thus developers just forget about it.-Dead-

So basicly, either devs are too lazy to TRY to make a good game on the Wii, or just too scared to?

wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts

[QUOTE="Arkthemaniac"]I think the problem is fanboys and hardcore gamers.Always-Honest

a hardcore gamer would love the wii. it's elitist insecure teenagers that are to preocupied with image rather than having fun with games.

I always agree with you.

xxastrocreepxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xxastrocreepxx
Member since 2008 • 810 Posts
The problem is Nintendo's relationship with 3rd party has been crap for years and they really haven't done much to correct it. Nintendo just found a way around it and make tons of cash on their own.
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

[QUOTE="Arkthemaniac"]I think the problem is fanboys and hardcore gamers.Always-Honest

Yes it is impossible to not have fun with the wii.

arikkot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 arikkot
Member since 2006 • 751 Posts
No, no, i assure u that the wii is entirely the problem.
DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts
I wonder if anyone has sat thought hmmm maybe the wii has to cruddy devs that dont wanna make anything and bring out the wiis potential. I mean games like galaxy metorid zelda are all amazing games. and no more heroes. but the wii haslots of potential devs just dont wanna use it.insanewolfninja
When WiiSports, and WiiPlay are the best selling titles, why bother? When WiiSports sells nearly twice as much as SMG, TP, and MP3 combined, why would a dev waste money making a real game? :|
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Arkthemaniac
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="Arkthemaniac"]I think the problem is fanboys and hardcore gamers.6matt6

Yes it is impossible to not have fun with the wii.

Hearing that made my day. That's exactly how I've felt about it since 2007. Hearing it from someone else feels good.

insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 insanewolfninja
[QUOTE="insanewolfninja"]I wonder if anyone has sat thought hmmm maybe the wii has to cruddy devs that dont wanna make anything and bring out the wiis potential. I mean games like galaxy metorid zelda are all amazing games. and no more heroes. but the wii haslots of potential devs just dont wanna use it.DisPimpin
When WiiSports, and WiiPlay are the best selling titles, why bother? When WiiSports sells nearly twice as much as SMG, TP, and MP3 combined, why would a dev waste money making a real game? :|

Nintendo still is catering to the hardcore though like another poster said, ninty is aimeing at everyone.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

No, no, i assure u that the wii is entirely the problem.arikkot

needing elaboration

stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts

I think the problem is the little kids and grandmas who buy the wii thus casualising the system.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
[QUOTE="insanewolfninja"]I wonder if anyone has sat thought hmmm maybe the wii has to cruddy devs that dont wanna make anything and bring out the wiis potential. I mean games like galaxy metorid zelda are all amazing games. and no more heroes. but the wii haslots of potential devs just dont wanna use it.DisPimpin

its impossible for a game to not sell when it's bundled with the system. Wii Play sells cause it came with a free controller or i think of it as a $40 controller + $10 game
Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
Third parties on wii really piss me off. When they're not porting shovelware to Wii they're crying about how none of their games sell due to Nintendo's dominance. Devs like Platinum games and High voltage software seem to be some of the only people taking pro-active steps to ensure their games are both high-quality and commercially succesful.
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

No the real problem is the consumer.

i_like_pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 i_like_pizza
Member since 2002 • 4683 Posts
I went to a Wal-Mart the other day to pick up GTAIV, and as I was looking through the Wii games, I saw at least 15 games that I wanted to purchase then and there. The only problem with the Wii is that I simply don't have the time to play it. I'm a one-game kinda guy, and right now, GTA is my game.
renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts

yes, hopefully though, the new wave of third party games will be good.

so far the previews look promising.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
I think there is a lack of really good games or games that interest me on the wii. I do plan to buy a wii though but not for a few more years when its dirt cheap. Then maybe when Nintendo releases their next console depending upon how innovative it really is will determine when I buy that console.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

A lot of the upcomming thrid party wii games are a big step up, so things are getting better.

The problem with the wii is publishers. Then again, they're the problem with the whole game industry.

i_like_pizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 i_like_pizza
Member since 2002 • 4683 Posts

I think there is a lack of really good games or games that interest me on the wii. I do plan to buy a wii though but not for a few more years when its dirt cheap. Then maybe when Nintendo releases their next console depending upon how innovative it really is will determine when I buy that console.odin2019

I can't wait to see Sony and MS release their new, motion-based gameplay on their next-gen consoles, and then have Nintendo go in a completely different direction and blow them out of the water again. If it happens twice, then we'll know it's not just a fluke, and people really do want change. I certainly hope that happens, because I don't want this market to get stagnant again.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17892 Posts

The problem is Nintendo's relationship with 3rd party has been crap for years and they really haven't done much to correct it. Nintendo just found a way around it and make tons of cash on their own. xxastrocreepxx

nintendo has actually been doing alot in the 3rd party relations department since iwata-san took over. the reason relations went so bad in the N64 and GC days was due to really expensive dev kits, expensive discs/carts and trying to force devs into exclusive contracts (ref the ninty and square fiasco during the N64 days).

however they have really done alot to rebuild bridges during the late GC days, and with the DS and Wii. much cheaper dev kits and storage media (i remember an interview in Ngamer UK where they were dreading the cost of DS carts and were very surprised when the price was revealed), improved development kits and they dont lock devs down to too many standards anymore (it has to work and dont make it AO rated). they dont need to force in online modes, they can build their own online system if they want (ie they dont have to use friend codes) and such like.

as a company, ninty is far nicer to work with now than they were during the N64 and early GC days.

ATW_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ATW_machine
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

I wish Nintendo could just simply say "Hey guys, we got lots of cash to help you fund some games on our system!", (Wait, isn't that what the publisher does? Ugh, I'm so confused!) but alas, business has never been the simple way we can picture it. They do have the money however, as they are a strictly game focused company.

So they should go for the next step-buy studios and developers. Alright, they bought Monolith, and I heard that they might be buying Tecmo, so the next thing they should do is buy Grasshopper. And then Platinum games. And... maybe Level-5 once they have the opportunity. Oh, and they should buy someone to look after Wi-Fi, as online is the thing for this generation, and it improves a game's re-playability (Although I admit I'm not a fan of online myself, it is just about the most important thing).

[spoiler] Oh, and they should have plants to do their evil bidding, making them search out for the aura of non-gamers and releasing a neurotoxin that forces them to commit suicide in bizarre and awkward ways whenever they do find them [/spoiler]

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ineedmoney555
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts

nooo we dont want nintendo to buy all those companies, then they would become basucally 1st party and we would end up with no good 1st party titles at all!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29834 Posts

what you said.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
even first party games like SMG and SSBB don't really need the wiimote/ motion controls which is why wii is seen a kind of a gimmack
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

Because they are obviously the ones purchasing titles like Carnival Games... :|