May 2014 NPD thread of officiality

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll May 2014 NPD thread of officiality (178 votes)

PS4 did its thing again. It's a blowout! 57%
XBone is back in the saddle. Good news swings the US firmly back to MS. 6%
Nintendo made like an Altered Beast and RISEd FROM IT'S GRAVE! Rawr! 11%
PS4 won, but not by much. May was not an easy victory for the Playstation. 16%
XBone is winning back the US slowly but surely. Wasn't a big victory, but an important one. 5%
Nintendo scrapped one out. Came out on top, though. Winning is winning #VinDiesel 4%

What kind of NPD month are we going to have from May? System Wars, the vote begins now! I will try to update the OP with the results when they become available. I figured a poll would be a fun way to do it this time.

• 
-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#301 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

77K? LOL RIP Xbone 2013-2014 you wont be missed.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Titanfall should make for a monstrous leap in sales for xbox one, remember it has "legs"

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#303 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

@santoron said:

You're either trying too hard to frame the debate poorly or never understood the argument to begin with.

Xboxers touted NPD numbers as "proof" they were pulling father ahead of the PS3, with claims it could never catch up. Sony fans replied with "NPD =/= the world", meaning NPD wins weren't necessarily representative of ww sales, which is what ultimately counts. After a few months we'd get quarterly reports demonstrating PS3 outsold the 360 and Xboxers would cry conspiracies because all they ever looked at was NPD. See how the phrase described the situation?

NA sales always mattered, and there was never a push to not count NA sales. But there's no trophy for winning this country or that territory, everybody ultimately counts sales ww. THAT was the point.

This gen PS4 has so far outpaced XB1 everywhere, so there's no real disparity. the NPD trend and the ww trend are in agreement, if only for the moment (June could be fun NPD).

Both sides are full of hypocrisy, with each side gleefully repeating SWisms they fought against the previous gen on almost every topic. Both sides are sure the other one has the worst fans (implying somehow the morons that troll for *their* system are somehow less moronic) and the vitriol is almost comical at this point. But this one is a false talking point.

There is nothing poorly understood, I know exactly what they were doing. In an NPD thread, we discuss USA numbers, that's the purpose of the tracker. Why the **** are you going to come into a thread from a dedicated well established tracker and try to talk about worldwide sales? What point does that serve unless you have some hidden agenda you want to push? (ie my system is selling more worldwide mainly because of Japan, as if that has any fucking relevancy in terms of western development studios and the current shape of the market which is the WHOLE POINT, to following sales in this region)

No one in NPD threads would say, the 360 was outselling the PS3 because the USA was the only market that mattered. That is 100% fallacy. The way it actually went was that the PS3 was the better selling system by a good margin in Japan and the European market was unknown so people would take the gap in sales between those two systems in the US and extrapolate to see whether the gap was widening or shrinking. I would also see a lot of discussion about how the US was an extremely important market because sales there dictated a lot about development and in terms of the Xbox environment and the AAA blockbuster environment, Japan was irrelevant which was frankly true for the PS3 demographic as well. And historically just for reference, the system that wins the US, wins the majority of support from publishers, that's why it's such a huge priority for console makers.

I am not misunderstood, I know exactly what happened this generation and what it was was a bunch of cows shouting NPD =/= the world because they were getting their ass kicked in the most relevant market in gaming by the Wii, 360 and DS. Now all of a sudden that changed and it has become the most important thing ever and Japan does not matter. As I said, pick a stance, it's either you recognize the importance of sales, the relevance of markets and support, or you just ignore it. The shit that cows are doing about being victimized last gen however is simply hilarious. Pick a side hypocrite. the same thing I say to sheep, the same thing I say to lemmings.

No really, tell us how you really feel, lol. I explained the facts of the matter, you go right on ahead trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Stating that NPD sales don't represent the worldwide sales is hardly the offense you're trussing it up to be. But if that's how you justify framing one side as "bad" you go right on ahead. Reasonable people know better.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 santoron

@-CC- said:

77K? LOL RIP Xbone 2013-2014 you wont be missed.

It's really not a good month to compare the two. The new $399 sku was announced near the beginning of the month which obviously slowed sales. Next month will likely show healthier than normal XB1 sales, and then the console should settle into place somewhat.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
@kinectthedots said:

Titanfall should make for a monstrous leap in sales for xbox one, remember it has "legs"

lol.

Some legs.....

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@santoron said:

No really, tell us how you really feel, lol. I explained the facts of the matter, you go right on ahead trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Stating that NPD sales don't represent the worldwide sales is hardly the offense you're trussing it up to be. But if that's how you justify framing one side as "bad" you go right on ahead. Reasonable people know better.

I don't come here to not make make position known. And yeah, NPD =/= world is such misguided bullshit for a multitude of reasons I have explained in this thread. There is a reason companies look at markets when they make plans and not just a hope of selling lots of units. I'm not giving other factions a day off but I am calling out all the fanboys that have magically changed their tune. Not my fault that it's the cows and you don't like it

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 santoron

@ActicEdge said:

@santoron said:

I don't come here to not make make position known. And yeah, NPD =/= world is such misguided bullshit for a multitude of reasons I have explained in this thread. There is a reason companies look at markets when they make plans and not just a hope of selling lots of units. I'm not giving other factions a day off but I am calling out all the fanboys that have magically changed their tune. Not my fault that it's the cows and you don't like it

No, you don't like it and want to pretend your opinion is pervasive. You started by calling it a hypocritical position, and when I showed you it was consistent with Team Sony's sales opinions today, you started on this regional marketing rant which has absolutely nothing to do with sales discussions here, all because you don't want to backtrack. Fine by me,

Your position =/= the world's.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#308 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

but... the TRUE question is... could I possibly be quoted more times? lol

seriously though I would like to see some official numbers if it is as much of a blowout as rumored then wouldn't SONY be all over that? Maybe not.... I dunno'..... thing is, I'm sure SONY won, but these "estimates" are a joke... The companies BOTH know the EXACT number sold.... at least really damn close. Nobody evades mr. tax man... heh

What are they afraid to show?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 ActicEdge

@santoron said:

@ActicEdge said:

@santoron said:

No, you don't like it and want to pretend your opinion is pervasive. You started by calling it a hypocritical position, and when I showed you it was consistent with Team Sony's sales opinions today, you started on this regional marketing rant which has absolutely nothing to do with sales discussions here, all because you don't want to backtrack. Fine by me,

Your position =/= the world's.

Uh no, you didn't show team sony's position, you basically said, lemmings were making claims which were never made and cows referring to worldwide sales which hold 0 relevance to the US market to discredit said claims. The sales discussion here is US and I'm talking about US sales and why worldwide holds 0 purpose to this discussion, you're clueless sir. If you think the reason cows kept bringing up worldwide sales was not because the Wii and 360 were destroying PS3 by several million units and selling shit tons more software and it was more to enlighten everyone, you're just plain wrong.

To put it back into perspective of this NPD, basically, yes the PS4 will be the dominant console this gen and the solid winner of the gen. It is going to take a major rush of exclusive content and Sony mistakes to lose Western markets to MS.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@santoron said:

@kingtito said:

Do you even know why they cared about sales you moron? It was because PRIOR to the 360 launch ALL cows talked about was how the PS3 was going to destroy the 360 in sales. Even AFTER it and the PS3 launched cows talked about how it was going to destroy MS. So every month that didn't happen the lems made sure the cows knew it. You can ONLY blame cows for this and now cows are right back to the sales game after 8 years of humiliation.

So, you're blaming others for years of your own bad behaviour? How... unsurprising.

If you're old enough to know your history on the matter then you're older than most of those at your level on the other side today. You taught kids to act like you, and blame them for thingsthey weren't hear to see, let alone instigate. And it never once occurred to you during all that time to act better than the people you blame for starting it.

That's just sad.

Srsly, let go of some of that hate. You aren't gonna make it through this gen at this rate...

I'm not blaming anyone you moron. I'm pointing out what happened since cows love to use the "lems did it for 8 years" excuse.

Oh enough with the blabber kid. This is a gaming forum, I'm not here to teach but if you want to point fingers perhaps you should look at the cows in most of these threads. I think you're in the wrong forum dude but thanks for the lecture anyone son. Move along and find a forum that's more to your liking.

What hate? I don't hate Sony, MS or Nintendo. barking up the wrong tree kid. Nothing on this site bothers me.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Nightflash28 said:

@kingtito said:

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

@santoron said:

@kingtito said:

Funny how cows care about NPD sales numbers all of a sudden. They didn't give 2 shits about it for 7 years last gen "buh buh buh NPD =/= world" was the mantra

Funny how that door swings both ways, huh?

buh buh buh...

No need to protect the cows dude unless you're feeling butthurt for some reason. Did I hurt your feelings?

Hypocrite as always,Lemmings cared about sales for 8 years,when on the PS2 gen they didn't care about sale and this one they don't care either that moving goal post..lol

Butbutbut NPD matter only when it favor me..

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/october-2013-npd-360-outsells-ps3-3ds-on-top-30928469/

Last NPD were you lemmings still care October 2013..hahahaha

After that NPD is irrelevant as well...hahahaha

Do you even know why they cared about sales you moron? It was because PRIOR to the 360 launch ALL cows talked about was how the PS3 was going to destroy the 360 in sales. Even AFTER it and the PS3 launched cows talked about how it was going to destroy MS. So every month that didn't happen the lems made sure the cows knew it. You can ONLY blame cows for this and now cows are right back to the sales game after 8 years of humiliation.

You mean the same that that Xbox fanboys claimed that the X1 would outsell the PS4 and still do so every month?

The roles have been reversed, man, as simple as that. There's no denying: it used to be Xbox fans claiming ownage in sales all he time (deservingly so, right?) but the tides have turned. If you can dish it out, you should also be able to suck it up.

Point them out? I don't think any XOne fanboy has said it would outsell the PS4 every month. The lone occasion might have been when TF launched and even then most said it was multiplat and probably wouldn't be enough. Make up more stories cow?

I didn't deny that but Sony fans brought that on themselves. Either way, cows really hate when they get called out don't they?

Cows the jokes of SWs

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By I_can_haz

LOL @ Kingtit having a meltdown in yet another NPD thread. I knew you wouldn't let us down.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 santoron

@kingtito said:

@santoron said:

@kingtito said:

So, you're blaming others for years of your own bad behaviour? How... unsurprising.

If you're old enough to know your history on the matter then you're older than most of those at your level on the other side today. You taught kids to act like you, and blame them for thingsthey weren't hear to see, let alone instigate. And it never once occurred to you during all that time to act better than the people you blame for starting it.

That's just sad.

Srsly, let go of some of that hate. You aren't gonna make it through this gen at this rate...

I'm not blaming anyone you moron. I'm pointing out what happened since cows love to use the "lems did it for 8 years" excuse.

Oh enough with the blabber kid. This is a gaming forum, I'm not here to teach but if you want to point fingers perhaps you should look at the cows in most of these threads. I think you're in the wrong forum dude but thanks for the lecture anyone son. Move along and find a forum that's more to your liking.

What hate? I don't hate Sony, MS or Nintendo. barking up the wrong tree kid. Nothing on this site bothers me.

Wow. Kid, son. You must be so wise. Is this the part where you thought you were garnering respect, or something? lol. You don't even know who you're talking to, let alone my age, so swing and a miss.

I'm glad you aren't here to teach, because you have nothing to offer of substance. If you can't figure out what's eating you alive you need to read your own posts. (hint: you're at it again here)

No fanboy group is nearly as embarrassing as a blind hater. At least the fanboys get crazy obsessive over something they like.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 santoron

@I_can_haz said:

LOL @ Kingtit having a meltdown in yet another NPD thread. I knew you wouldn't let us down.

Lol. The guy is like watching a human volcano.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ActicEdge said:

The people that post sales numbers on neogaf have to verify them as true through the owner of the site. If they don't it's an instant ban. Given how bullshit NPD is with sales numbers, this is how we get them now. They are accurate but if you don't want to believe them then that's cool, go away and let the people have a discussion.

No they don't.

You have no idea what you're talking about. If someone is posting sales numbers on NeoGAF, and is claiming that they're from NPD, they're verified.

Unlike this cesspool, there's actually a penalty for claiming your opinion is a verifiable fact on NeoGAF.

Hmm... Interesting since I know people have made up stuff on NeoGaf and not gotten banned.

Regardless, you all quote NeoGaf, which has never been used as a source by any other article; yet scoff at vgcharts.com, which has been used before... by such entites like the New York Times.

Just saying...

NPD numbers are legitimate. The NPD numbers posted on NeoGAF are leaked, but legitimate.

vgchartz.com literally pulls numbers out of thin air. They have absolutely no basis in reality. If they've mistakenly been quoted by the NYT, then the NYT should really be more careful with their sources.

You have no idea if they are "legitimate"; you are just speculating because you believe the posters on NeoGAF. There is no way to "prove" those numbers, unless Sony/Nintendo/MS release the actual sales figures.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 StormyJoe

@ActicEdge said:

@StormyJoe said:

Regardless of the validity of the numbers, saying "if you disagree, go away" is bullshit. WeepsForFools has a right to voice an opinion.

If you think you're the voice of reason by trying to disregard numbers that have time and again proven themselves to be accurate, what fucking purpose are you serving to the discussion at hand people are trying to have? If you think it's fake, fine, go the **** away then because that is a waste of everyone's time to scream fake fake random!!11!. What are you adding to the discussion? Just because he has an opinion, if he doesn't want to take the legitimacy of the information that MULTIPLE people are explaining to be be accurate, then why shouldn't I have the right to tell you A) you're wrong and B) go away because you aren't serving an actual purpose? Because yall don't like it? Are you just here to flex your intelligence about how thousands of people are all secretly fools? Fucking please.

I don't say this to be confrontational, I say this because god damn, how many times is this gonna be brought up in an NPD thread.

I never said "voice of reason", I said that WeepsForFools has a right to voice an opinion. If you don't like dissenting opinions, don't post on a forum.

NeoGAF is not some "insiders only" site - for Christs sake, I have a NeoGAF account. So, if I make a new thread on NeoGAF, does that make what I say true?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@santoron said:

@I_can_haz said:

Lol. The guy is like watching a human volcano.

I simply cannot wait for June. If the XBone gets crushed one more time, it will probably be the Meltdown of the Generation.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

StormyJoe and KingTitos monthly NPD meltdown are hilarious.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#319 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@ActicEdge said:

@StormyJoe said:

Regardless of the validity of the numbers, saying "if you disagree, go away" is bullshit. WeepsForFools has a right to voice an opinion.

If you think you're the voice of reason by trying to disregard numbers that have time and again proven themselves to be accurate, what fucking purpose are you serving to the discussion at hand people are trying to have? If you think it's fake, fine, go the **** away then because that is a waste of everyone's time to scream fake fake random!!11!. What are you adding to the discussion? Just because he has an opinion, if he doesn't want to take the legitimacy of the information that MULTIPLE people are explaining to be be accurate, then why shouldn't I have the right to tell you A) you're wrong and B) go away because you aren't serving an actual purpose? Because yall don't like it? Are you just here to flex your intelligence about how thousands of people are all secretly fools? Fucking please.

I don't say this to be confrontational, I say this because god damn, how many times is this gonna be brought up in an NPD thread.

I never said "voice of reason", I said that WeepsForFools has a right to voice an opinion. If you don't like dissenting opinions, don't post on a forum.

NeoGAF is not some "insiders only" site - for Christs sake, I have a NeoGAF account. So, if I make a new thread on NeoGAF, does that make what I say true?

Stormy, let it go.

Also, if you want to test your theory, go to NeoGAF, head to the NPD results thread, and then post some sales numbers that you made up as fact. Then let us know what happens.

I already know what will happen but this should be entertaining.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 ActicEdge

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ActicEdge said:

@StormyJoe said:

Stormy, let it go.

Also, if you want to test your theory, go to NeoGAF, head to the NPD results thread, and then post some sales numbers that you made up as fact. Then let us know what happens.

He's just playing stupid. I have a neogaf account too, a bunch of us do. We know exactly what is going to happen if we try to post false information and back it by being an insider. His insistence on claiming shit I didn't say (it's an insiders only website which I have no fucking clue where he got that idea from) says it all. Let him live in denial. Otherwise, he should take you up on that bet.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 StormyJoe

@ActicEdge said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ActicEdge said:

@StormyJoe said:

Stormy, let it go.

He's just playing stupid. I have a neogaf account too, a bunch of us do. We know exactly what is going to happen if we try to post false information and back it by being an insider. His insistence on claiming shit I didn't say (it's an insiders only website which I have no fucking clue where he got that idea from) says it all. Let him live in denial. Otherwise, he should take you up on that bet.

All I am saying is that you all quote NeoGAF like it came from Christ's mouth, and no gaming news site ever quotes it. At the same time, you bash VGChartz, when legitimate gaming and non-gaming sites quote them.

You should never be that loyal to a fricken forum, regardless of how accurate they say they are.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Going slightly off-topic, big change from last week from the lemmings. Today they're back to whining that they can't see the difference above 540p and begging MS to buy Capcom, probably so the Xbone can get some games. So much for those megatons.

@StormyJoe said:

All I am saying is that you all quote NeoGAF like it came from Christ's mouth, and no gaming news site ever quotes it. At the same time, you bash VGChartz, when legitimate gaming and non-gaming sites quote them.

You should never be that loyal to a fricken forum, regardless of how accurate they say they are.

Aquamarine actually has access to NPD numbers, VGChartz makes shit up. Big difference.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#323 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

@b4x said:

360 and PS3 need a 100 dollar price drop now.

35k PS3...

57k 360...

$129.00 is the sweet spot.

Drop the prices you greedy basterds .

PS4 is dominating as predicted. No stopping the thirst. X1 will be hard pressed to beat PS4 in June sales, even with the price drop.

WiiU Seems to be holding steady. I think June will push some systems with E3 and Mario cart 8. 90k range I would guess.

X1 shit numbers. Announce a price drop half way through May? Should have been announced at E3, available right after the conference. It would have leaked though. I think Phil did the right thing to announce it early.

June should be very interesting? Can't wait.

There is pretty much no point in dropping the prices of the 360 and PS3 in US. They have exhausted all their potential buyers and current gen is dismantling last gen at an alarming rate. The bulk of units they would sell at $130 would generate far less than just riding out the sales. Even more so, the 360 and especially the PS3 aren't the worlds most basic of architectures, the innards of those systems make price drops more difficult.

As for the X1, imo they absolutely shouldn't have announced the new starting price until a week before it was going to launch. They crippled their sales drastically doing so and gave Sony time to react if they wanted to. Also, the margins on the system with kinect were probably better so why wouldn't they want to draw in any extra sales? It's not like they have a major game launching with the price drop so I don't see why the would want to tank sales early unless they just figured that since May is historically the worst month for video games they may as well take the hit there.

ps2 had a huge surge of sales once the price dropped to $100. i think plenty of ppl will buy one. im still thinking of buying one for just incase type of situations

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Going slightly off-topic, big change from last week from the lemmings. Today they're back to whining that they can't see the difference above 540p and begging MS to buy Capcom, probably so the Xbone can get some games. So much for those megatons.

@StormyJoe said:

Aquamarine actually has access to NPD numbers, VGChartz makes shit up. Big difference.

Sure he/she does...

It just fascinates me that all of you state how people in a forum site are "insiders", when you really don't know. You assume so because the NeoGAF admins say "they are legit", but you really don't know that they are - you just take it on faith. It looks to me like an aluminum hat situation to me.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By ActicEdge

@StormyJoe said:

And we told you, if you post unsubstantiated claims about facts such as sales from NPD, you will get exposed and you will get ban. These things get checked. No one is just blindly following it without any scrutiny. Other websites don't quote them because the big sites get NPD data and a site like gamespot quoting a forum like Neogaf isn't professional "even" if the claims are true. Posters there that make claims that end up being false get ban, Famousmortimer and CBOAT are examples of posters who got banned for giving false information (though CBOAT generally gets it right so they let him off easy).

VGChartz make up numbers. Every week you can look at how wrong their Japanese sales estimates are and then noticed how they are changed to be in line with the numbers released by Media Create and Famitsu. Every single week. You're just being stupid here, it's obvious. Again, do you think that everyone that reads those neogaf NPD threads waiting for Creamsugar to post some leaked numbers is so stupid as to believe that they are getting lead on? Then when other posters supplement that info with other values which further cement this information it's all an elaborate joke? Then on top of that we get official shipment numbers that fall in line with the leaks.

No one is taking Neogaf as God's gift to sales numbers, we are using logical conclusions to why the information released there is accurate. And quoting VGchartz means the autthor and editor didn't do their work. That's all it means, there are dozens up dozens of examples of VGchartz utterly butchering sales numbers then stealing the data of legitimate trackers.

This will be the end of the discussion though because you don't actually care about the accuracy of the information, you just want to be stupidly combative for w/e reason and that's just a further waste of my time.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 ActicEdge

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Aquamarine, Creamsugar, John Harker etc all have access to NPD information. If you read the threads they don't appear until several hundred posts into the thread and they post ranges because its confidential information that they share with the forum because NPD are a bunch of dicks and don't share a fraction of the info they use to (which was already garbage amounts to begin with).

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Dire_Weasel

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Sure he/she does...

It just fascinates me that all of you state how people in a forum site are "insiders", when you really don't know. You assume so because the NeoGAF admins say "they are legit", but you really don't know that they are - you just take it on faith. It looks to me like an aluminum hat situation to me.

Point not made.

Seriously, you're coming across as equal measures of salty and foolish. Just let it go.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#328 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

No real surprises here. Pretty much what I expected.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#329 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

@blackace: no meltdown for us this month?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 ActicEdge

@jsmoke03 said:

ps2 had a huge surge of sales once the price dropped to $100. i think plenty of ppl will buy one. im still thinking of buying one for just incase type of situations

I think the situation is different here simply because the PS2 generation was a regular 5 year cycle. The 7th gen still has new big releases coming for it 9 years after the launch of the 360. I feel that even if the price of those systems might have been holding buyers back, the interest in those systems is simply dead in most established markets. The adoption to current gen has been way more explosive than any other generation in gaming. Last gen sales are dropping off a cliff. The amount of money that will be made off of dropping the current price of the PS3 and 360 by $100 is pretty low considering the significant amount of hardware they'll have to sell to make it up given that software sales aren't going anywhere but down and quick.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

StormyJoe slaughtered as usual.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#332 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

I don't have meltdowns. I own all the consoles. ** shrug **. We'll see how June turns out. Once September hits, sales are going to continue to go up and up and up for all platforms.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 StormyJoe

@ActicEdge said:

@StormyJoe said:

And we told you, if you post unsubstantiated claims about facts such as sales from NPD, you will get exposed and you will get ban. These things get checked. No one is just blindly following it without any scrutiny. Other websites don't quote them because the big sites get NPD data and a site like gamespot quoting a forum like Neogaf isn't professional "even" if the claims are true. Posters there that make claims that end up being false get ban, Famousmortimer and CBOAT are examples of posters who got banned for giving false information (though CBOAT generally gets it right so they let him off easy).

VGChartz make up numbers. Every week you can look at how wrong their Japanese sales estimates are and then noticed how they are changed to be in line with the numbers released by Media Create and Famitsu. Every single week. You're just being stupid here, it's obvious. Again, do you think that everyone that reads those neogaf NPD threads waiting for Creamsugar to post some leaked numbers is so stupid as to believe that they are getting lead on? Then when other posters supplement that info with other values which further cement this information it's all an elaborate joke? Then on top of that we get official shipment numbers that fall in line with the leaks.

No one is taking Neogaf as God's gift to sales numbers, we are using logical conclusions to why the information released there is accurate. And quoting VGchartz means the autthor and editor didn't do their work. That's all it means, there are dozens up dozens of examples of VGchartz utterly butchering sales numbers then stealing the data of legitimate trackers.

This will be the end of the discussion though because you don't actually care about the accuracy of the information, you just want to be stupidly combative for w/e reason and that's just a further waste of my time.

Keep that aluminum hat on, buddy. The towers are listening.

Logical conclusions??? No console numbers have been releases - not individual companies, or how many total consoles were sold. There is no "logic" other than you believing a forum.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By StormyJoe

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Sure he/she does...

Point not made.

Seriously, you're coming across as equal measures of salty and foolish. Just let it go.

HA HA HA HA!!! I am not the one defending the statement: "What those forum members post is true... because the admins of the forum site say so."

I'm not even saying "They're wrong". All I am saying is that I don't blindly assume that what some forum poster said is 100% fact-of-life true. You apparently do...

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 ActicEdge

@StormyJoe said:

Logical conclusions??? No console numbers have been releases - not individual companies, or how many total consoles were sold. There is no "logic" other than you believing a forum.

You do know how the aluminum hat joke works right? It's about assuming conspiracy. You're the only one here making that jump in faith that thousands of people are being fooled. Yet we're the one's wearing an aluminum hat. Lol, your stupidity is the gift that keeps on giving.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 StormyJoe

@ActicEdge said:

@StormyJoe said:

You do know how the aluminum hat joke works right? It's about assuming conspiracy. You're the only one here making that jump in faith that thousands of people are being fooled. Yet we're the one's wearing an aluminum hat. Lol, your stupidity is the gift that keeps on giving.

It also means believing what your read on forum sites. Because, ya know, everything on the internet is true.

Look, if you are that goddamned gullible that you are going to take posts in a forum as the word of God, then that is your problem, not mine. I'll be over here with the rational people.

Elvis never died on that toilet, I suppose?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 ActicEdge

@StormyJoe said:

@ActicEdge said:

@StormyJoe said:

It also means believing what your read on forum sites. Because, ya know, everything on the internet is true.

Look, if you are that goddamned gullible that you are going to take posts in a forum as the word of God, then that is your problem, not mine. I'll be over here with the rational people.

Elvis never died on that toilet, I suppose?

Rational people? Oh you mean you and the other low level, low post joke account. Got it :)

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I don't know why he even tries...

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 I_can_haz

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The guy is a glutton for punishment.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Dire_Weasel

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Point not made.

HA HA HA HA!!! I am not the one defending the statement: "What those forum members post is true... because the admins of the forum site say so."

I'm not even saying "They're wrong". All I am saying is that I don't blindly assume that what some forum poster said is 100% fact-of-life true. You apparently do...

I am defending the NPD numbers that were reposted on NeoGAF as authentic, and that's all I'm doing.

Keep your lame straw men to yourself, please.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@santoron said:

Wow. Kid, son. You must be so wise. Is this the part where you thought you were garnering respect, or something? lol. You don't even know who you're talking to, let alone my age, so swing and a miss.

I'm glad you aren't here to teach, because you have nothing to offer of substance. If you can't figure out what's eating you alive you need to read your own posts. (hint: you're at it again here)

No fanboy group is nearly as embarrassing as a blind hater. At least the fanboys get crazy obsessive over something they like.

lol he/she/it gets a lil personal sometimes. It's cute. I've sparred with him quite a few times. It's amusing.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By misterpmedia

Looking forward to June NPD because of the fact that PS4 might actually lose an NPD. I fully expect it to, to be honest. It will make it even sweeter when PS4 still sells more after MS have decoupled kinect and officially price paritied the boxes. It will be fun and melt downs will be had, maybe my own!

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Looking forward to June NPD because of the fact that PS4 might actually lose an NPD. I fully expect it to, to be honest. It will make it even sweeter when PS4 still sells more after MS have decoupled kinect and officially price paritied the boxes. It will be fun and melt downs will be had, maybe my own!

I think Sony could possible win June. The thirst is Real!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

I'm feeling let down, too. Although, some of the Lems already silo'ed in for this months NPD. Notice no JamesRBaker in this thread and the like.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 misterpmedia

@Shewgenja said:

@elpresador-911 said:

I'm feeling let down, too. Although, some of the Lems already silo'ed in for this months NPD. Notice no JamesRBaker in this thread and the like.

probably because it's kinda boring now for PS4 to win all the time lol. We need situations where it will be on edge like March Titanfallgate.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 StormyJoe

@Zero_epyon said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I don't know why he even tries...

@I_can_haz said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The guy is a glutton for punishment.

People in this thread are arguing that without any proof other than the site "says so", what people in a forum should be accepted as fact. And you three are saying that I'm in the wrong? LOL! Whatever, losers.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By misterpmedia

@b4x said:

@misterpmedia said:

Where's the real b4x...?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@b4x said:

@misterpmedia said:

Where's the real b4x...?

I have always been here. I'm just not delusional like a fanboy.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By misterpmedia

@b4x said:

I have always been here. I'm just not delusional like a fanboy.

pardon me?