#51 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Oh, nevermind this might be ultra fake.

Look at the "leaks" the same retailer made last year:

lol

Edit:

In fact you can still buy TLG for PS3 on their site :P

#52 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Did the PS3/360 trilogy not include it? I was under the impression that it was. :O

Nah, just the games. It's why I didn't pick it up.

Weak! I can see this being $60 with dlc included now.

#53 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2308 posts) -

The games better be remastered on UE4.....

#54 Edited by silversix_ (13923 posts) -

omg more fking HD rehahses instead of next gen games cuz you know? Last time i checked people bought a ps4/x1 for next gen stuff, not something released in 07 or 2010.

#55 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

Depending on the price and what they did to the games, especially the first 1, I may get it.

#56 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

lol

Edit:

lol you're right. Third party games on wiiu. lmao!

#57 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@lbjkurono23: It's not the matter of them being 3rd party games. It's that we know for a fact these games haven't been announced for the WiiU nor will they be announced for the WiiU :P

So yeah... this leak may be a bit premature. It may be real (time will tell) but after knowing this I'd take it with a large portion of salt lol

#58 Posted by kuu2 (6888 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I have no idea how they'll translate the first game with positive reception on next gen consoles in 2014.

It's ridiculous how bad the combat and the Mako are. Nothing should be that bad post-Gears

This........

Also, new games please.........

The more HD remakes the less I will be buying.

People supporting this are helping in the rapid deterioration of the hobby.

#59 Edited by 2Chalupas (5001 posts) -

Actually, yeah, I probably would buy this since I haven't played Mass Effect franchise at all yet.

I was going to get it on PS3 or 360 but read the frame-rates were really annoyingly poor at times, then I ended up getting ME1 and ME2 on PC (for free, but legit). But I haven't bothered playing them yet.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas collection either. I mean I could always go back and play them on PC or something - but it would be nice to at least have the option of a console version running at very high settings (rather than the very poor PS3/360 versions).

#60 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -

Wasn't Mass Effect 1 on PS3 a US-only release just like Bioshock 1?

#61 Edited by getyeryayasout (7078 posts) -

I should have skipped last gen, and just waited to play all those games on current gen systems.

#62 Posted by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

If they are remaking Mass Effect 1-3 I hope they are increasing the texture resolution and then selling it on the PC as well. I would love to have an all-in-one bundle with the DLC. If they are just increasing the resolution and framerate then it doesn't matter as I already run the games at 1080p60.

Mass Effect 4 on the Frosbite 3 engine is going to be excellent.

#63 Posted by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Keep this trash away from the next generation please

I agree this is shit that needs to stop.
I didn't buy a new 400 dollar system to play games I already own or have played.

#64 Edited by bbkkristian (14918 posts) -

#thankyoubasedSonyandMS

#65 Edited by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

lol

Edit:

hahaha nice find.....garbage confirmed.

All speed ME4.

#66 Posted by Motokid6 (5128 posts) -

I'm confused.. the title and pictures are of ME4, no? Why's everyone talking about HD remakes?

#67 Edited by foxhound_fox (87379 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Blabadon said:

I have no idea how they'll translate the first game with positive reception on next gen consoles in 2014.

It's ridiculous how bad the combat and the Mako are. Nothing should be that bad post-Gears

The planetary exploration in the original Mass Effect was "bad" because it was heavily unrealized. It was just taking the Mako out into desolate environments that had physical beauty (some of them were spectacular) but nothing of interest to DO in them. The combat as well had this same problem, it was highly repetitive and boring.

The thing BioWare didn't seem to understand when they went into making ME2 was, that just because these things were bad didn't mean they needed to be removed or fundamentally changed (respectively)... they just needed an overhaul to mechanics and some content upgrades.

It's a real shame that the ME series became so cinematic over the course of it's lifetime, because they really had something going there in the original with a free exploration of the galaxy... they just needed a bigger budget to fill it with stuff.

#68 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1923 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

WHy do some people like mass effect multiplayer mode? Can post video of good gameplay of this mode? It seem boring to me.

Personally I prefer co-operative MP to competitive MP anyday of the week so in ME3 MP I felt right at home. I'm that "good guy" gamer that's always like "good game afterwards no matter what.

On point though there's tons of great gameplay, I could post vids but for someone who prefers competitive MP they'd just look down at it anyway so I don't see the point.

I do not know. I try one time and did not interest me like unchart 2 coop did. But, I know ME multiplayer is deeper upgrade system so I always want to see what like at higher level if gameplay is much different.

#69 Edited by heretrix (37296 posts) -

That's cool if you own one of the new consoles and haven't played the ME series yet..I guess. I'm currently doing a complete run through the series on the PC right now (I'm at ME 2). I wouldn't rebuy it but I highly recommend it. It has some of the best characters and the coolest looking universe out of anything that came out last gen.

#70 Edited by PraetorianMan (1326 posts) -

Well, this does imply that a save game transfer system is going to have some impact on ME4

#71 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@foxhound_fox:

That's actually one of the things I'm hoping this gen brings: a larger scale. One of the most attractive parts of the whole ME series for me was getting to know/explore new worlds and races. With limited and differentiated hardware last gen, they could do it but with always some serious compromises. Small areas, devoid of life with loads of repetitive assets, etc.

This gen however, with much better hardware than last gen and with it being so similar to PC, I'm hoping they can create a much more unique and grand "space adventure" with their next game. Allow us to actually explore new worlds (instead of small linear areas, let us wonder through large open areas/a city/ a colony base/ whatever and fill them with missions and NPC to make them feel even more unique), meet new (and more) races, let us dwell deeper into the issues of any specific faction, makes us feel really small in this huge Universe to explore!

Essentially: More, bigger and better is what I want hehe :P

#72 Edited by Gue1 (9439 posts) -

but them old games, nobody plays those, that's why consoles don't have BC anymore they say, right?

#73 Edited by 2Chalupas (5001 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Sweenix said:

I agree this is shit that needs to stop.

I didn't buy a new 400 dollar system to play games I already own or have played.

Bioware is already working on Dragon Age: Inquisition, so it's not like releasing this collection would take away from something they could already be working on. Most likely some 3rd party would be handling the ports anyway...

I don't see the problem with more choices. If you already played the games, as many people have that is good for you. But for the people that haven't played them, and don't want to bother with old consoles, the "HD remasters" aren't the worst idea. I enjoyed quite a few of the PS2 collections on PS3. There are still quite a few PS2 collections I would like to see,. There are really only a handful of PS3/360 era games to me that would qualify for "next gen" ports. But I think Mass Effect would be a good candidate, if this were to be legit.

#74 Edited by foxhound_fox (87379 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Essentially: More, bigger and better is what I want hehe :P

That's what she said!

#75 Posted by Gue1 (9439 posts) -

@locus-solus said:

never played ME before would had bought the trilogy collection if it contained all the dlc, knowing EA the new collection wont have all the dlc either

I'm sure it will have all the DLC, not even EA is that bad.

yeah, Capcom are way worse. For UMVC3 you still had to pay for the 2 DLC characters of the vanilla game (Jill and Shuma), and for the skins too! lol

#76 Posted by sirk1264 (5525 posts) -

I don't own all the DLC and own all 3 games in the mass effect franchise on PC. I won't be rebuying the trilogy for the ps4. If I want to play mass effect, I just need to reinstall the games on the PC.

#77 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2126 posts) -

I would buy, sold all my originals with my 360 that was collecting dust.

#78 Posted by RossRichard (2330 posts) -

Only if it included all DLC on-disk, without any redemption codes. Even then I wouldn't pay more than $30.

#79 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11026 posts) -

I'll pass. Unless they do significant work on the games and/or isn't given a full retail price.

#80 Posted by RR360DD (11529 posts) -

If it comes with all DLC then I'll definitely pick this up. Probably not at full price though

#81 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
#82 Edited by foxhound_fox (87379 posts) -

Something I hope EA/BioWare is considering for these "true-HD" upgrades is porting the ME3 combat over to the first two games. I still find ME mostly unplayable these days because the combat is so tedious and boring. And while ME2 has decent combat, the level design and pacing is horrible.

If they did that, I'd rebuy them.

#83 Posted by Ghost120x (3691 posts) -

It seems like all the games I missed last gen are getting next gen treatment. I feel so lucky right now.

#84 Posted by highking_kallor (479 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Blabadon said:

This........

Also, new games please.........

The more HD remakes the less I will be buying.

People supporting this are helping in the rapid deterioration of the hobby.

Yet you brought an xbone?

#85 Edited by navyguy21 (12728 posts) -

I want to buy this sooo bad lol, but i already own all 3.

I'll have to see what they add besides better graphics before i buy.

Also, now we see why Sony and MS didnt bother supporting backward compatibility lol

#86 Posted by navyguy21 (12728 posts) -

The planetary exploration in the original Mass Effect was "bad" because it was heavily unrealized. It was just taking the Mako out into desolate environments that had physical beauty (some of them were spectacular) but nothing of interest to DO in them. The combat as well had this same problem, it was highly repetitive and boring.

The thing BioWare didn't seem to understand when they went into making ME2 was, that just because these things were bad didn't mean they needed to be removed or fundamentally changed (respectively)... they just needed an overhaul to mechanics and some content upgrades.

It's a real shame that the ME series became so cinematic over the course of it's lifetime, because they really had something going there in the original with a free exploration of the galaxy... they just needed a bigger budget to fill it with stuff.

Completely agree with this!

Half of the fun in the first was exploring, which was taken from the sequels. Made them feel rushed.

Even the side planets in ME2 were super linear.

I wanted them to be like Kotor 1&2 where every planet you landed on had secrets and easter eggs to explore

#87 Posted by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

If this is true, I may buy it again. This was one of my favourite series last-gen, besides the goofball ending.

#88 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

So what direction are they going with Mass Effect 4 ? I know they can't give us details but they can atleast gives that.

So whats it gonna be crappy RPG gameplay like ME1 or or an Overall better game like ME3.

#89 Posted by Spartan070 (16327 posts) -

So what direction are they going with Mass Effect 4 ? I know they can't give us details but they can atleast gives that.

So whats it gonna be crappy RPG gameplay like ME1 or or an Overall better game like ME3.

Hopefully E3 will tell us, they've been super tight-lipped about it, not to mention focused on Inquisition.

#90 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1192 posts) -

I will buy it on the PS4. I loved the whole ME trilogy so much it would be worth it to earn the trophies. But if it doesn't come with all the DLC on the disc, then thats when I might have to draw the line on it. Not rebuying DLC.

#91 Posted by kinectthedots (1588 posts) -

@Sweenix said: