Mass Effect Trilogy for PS4/X1 leaked + "ME4" tease pics

• 90 results
#1 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

IGN Link to story

Actual Link from ZMART website

Before complaints of "rehash" Bioware has been confirmed to be working on the next Mass Effect for a couple years now and have even leaked some pre-Alpha off-screen shots of it like a year ago. (below)

Would you buy? Assuming naturally from 1080p/60fps and all DLC.

I'd buy, never played a lot of the DLC and ME3 multiplayer would still be awesome imo, it's still played on PC vanilla, no mods. Also it may come with early Beta access for the next Mass Effect or if it releases before October maybe bonuses for Dragon Age: Inquisition!

ME4 teases so far:

#2 Edited by jake44 (1996 posts) -

I personally don't buy HD remakes if I already own the originals, so it's a pass for me. Good for anyone that missed the series though.

#3 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13806 posts) -

meh.

360 lost another console exclusive tho.

#4 Edited by SolidTy (42782 posts) -

I already heard about this a few days ago offsite.

@jake44 said:

I personally don't buy HD remakes if I already own the originals, so it's a pass for me. Good for anyone that missed the series though.

I'm the same, unless they are significantly price reduced and I have a hankering for the games again. As a collector, these sorts of things are somewhat appealing if they offer a substantial upgrade to what I own. Since I own virtually no DLC, I may consider this once it's in the $10-$20 range, but I'm not a big ME fan so I can wait a long, long time. I feel the same way about WindWaker Wii U and The Last of Us PS4. I will buy those for $20 or less in the future as well since I own both. In ME and TLOU's case, it looks like I'll get DLC which is nice since I hardly buy DLC.

For the most part, I don't do it though, I just pop in the originals.

#5 Edited by lamprey263 (23490 posts) -

ME Trilogy? Cool I guess... though I'm gonna be pretty pissed if they still have to redeem the Cerberus Network content with redeem codes and registering on EA's website and all that shit they made me do.

Anyhow, EA working on a new Mass Effect game is kind of predictable.

#6 Posted by locus-solus (508 posts) -

never played ME before would had bought the trilogy collection if it contained all the dlc, knowing EA the new collection wont have all the dlc either

#7 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4638 posts) -

meh.

haha yeah thats funny. ME used to be exclusive, then just ME1, now ME none....

also, tenchu stealth assassins on ps1 was awesome.

#8 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

never played ME before would had bought the trilogy collection if it contained all the dlc, knowing EA the new collection wont have all the dlc either

I'm sure it will have all the DLC, not even EA is that bad.

#9 Edited by BattleSpectre (5982 posts) -

I don't see myself playing through the whole trilogy again, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass up on it. I've played all the Mass Effect games so many times last gen I don't think I have it in me to go through all of it again, as amazing as the trilogy was.

#10 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I already heard about this a few days ago offsite.

Of course you did, you know all. I kid, I kid

#11 Posted by sts106mat (19380 posts) -

I'd buy this i think. I reckon i could run through them all again. Mass effect is one of my favourite franchises.

#12 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4591 posts) -

I couldn't even be bothered with Ass Effect the first time around.

When they gonna port a game I did enjoy last gen that I would consider buying day one at full price?

#13 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13806 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

meh.

Microsoft just can't seem to keep it's pants from falling down these days.

Oh hell yeah, practically everything before tenchu Z was awesome.

#14 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

I couldn't even be bothered with Ass Effect the first time around.

When they gonna port a game I did enjoy last gen that I would consider buying day one at full price?

I doubt it'll be full price.

#15 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

it will be just another gears of war with dialogue system market as RPG.

#16 Edited by SolidTy (42782 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

meh.

Actually (I'm not sure if you are aware, but just making sure), ME1 released on PS3 two years ago, haha. It was torture in SW that year, because as you said, it was exclusive for quite some time. A lot of IP arguing, lol.

I LOVED Tenchu Stealth Assassins btw. LOVED IT. I haven't played it since the 90s, but I remember buying it new and just loving it to death. I would have gotten 1000 gamerscore/Platinum if that had existed back then, because I played it a lot.

#17 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13806 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

meh.

Actually (I'm not sure if you are aware, but just making sure), ME1 released on PS3 last year at sometime, haha.

I LOVED Tenchu Stealth Assassins btw. LOVED IT. I haven't played it since the 90s.

Really? I must of missed that. I thought for sure ME1 was still exclusive to 360 on consoles.

#18 Edited by SolidTy (42782 posts) -
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

meh.

Actually (I'm not sure if you are aware, but just making sure), ME1 released on PS3 two years ago, haha. It was torture in SW that year, because as you said, it was exclusive for quite some time. A lot of IP arguing, lol.

I LOVED Tenchu Stealth Assassins btw. LOVED IT. I haven't played it since the 90s, but I remember buying it new and just loving it to death. I would have gotten 1000 gamerscore/Platinum if that had existed back then, because I played it a lot.

Really? I must of missed that. I thought for sure ME1 was still exclusive to 360 on consoles.

Yeah, you missed the fuss. It was nuts in SW, lol. Plus, Mass Effect PS3 included Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station DLC on disk.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/mass_effect_trilogy/news/bioware_explains_mass_effect_1_improvements_on_ps3.html

"BioWare explains Mass Effect 1 improvements on PS3

Huge gains in performance achieved, says the Mass Effect Trilogy external producer Ryan Warden."

#19 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13806 posts) -

@SolidTy said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

meh.

Yeah, you missed the fuss. It was nuts in SW, lol.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/mass_effect_trilogy/news/bioware_explains_mass_effect_1_improvements_on_ps3.html

Huge gains in performance achieved, says the Mass Effect Trilogy external producer Ryan Warden."

lol, I want to find an old thread about it now, see who had dem meltdowns.

#20 Edited by SolidTy (42782 posts) -

@SolidTy said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@SolidTy said:

Yeah, you missed the fuss. It was nuts in SW, lol. Plus, Mass Effect PS3 included Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station DLC on disk.

Lol, since ME1 news broke, it was a lot of:

#21 Posted by Netret0120 (2083 posts) -

If you own the PS360 versions then nope. an HD remake of an already HD game:-\?

If you never played the franchise then it's a great deal.

#22 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4591 posts) -

LOL, I remember when they announced Bioshock 1 on PS3. That and RROD pretty much destroyed any reason I had to get a 360.

#23 Edited by gpuking (2826 posts) -

If just 1080p with better AA then I'll pass, the pc version didn't look too much different at all to the ps360 version. However if we get better effects, higher poly models and higher res textures then I might consider.

#24 Edited by Bigboi500 (29597 posts) -

It's funny because I was just about to buy the ME Trilogy for PS3 when I noticed this.

#25 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4638 posts) -

@SolidTy: yeah that's right man. but i actually forgot that me2 spent a year alone on 360 before going to ps3, for some reason i thought that was the first joint release, but that was actually me3. but yeah i do remember the 360 losing the ME's like me2, and then eventually me1, the migration was pretty amazing.

#26 Posted by adders99 (2604 posts) -

if it was the same price or less as 1 game I would consider it because I love the series and if it had all of the DLC with it because alot of it I have not played... but I am not going to buy it again just for a shiny coat of paint.

#27 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Keep this trash away from the next generation please

#28 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5959 posts) -

Considering I'm a massive Mass Effect fan, I'd love to have it on PS4 so I can play it again. I'd buy it in a second. Sounds too good to be true.

#29 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1712 posts) -

meh.

They lost ME a long time ago.

I would surely buy the trilogy on PS4 but it needs all the DLC. I hate playing ME on my jet engine loud 360, i need it on PS4 1080/60 :)

#30 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1937 posts) -

WHy do some people like mass effect multiplayer mode? Can post video of good gameplay of this mode? It seem boring to me.

#31 Posted by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

Was gonna get the trilogy for PS3 but if there's a chance of a PS4 version I'll wait.

#32 Posted by dommeus (9265 posts) -

meh.

Which game? I've played through all of them on the ps3 via the Mass Effect Trilogy

#33 Edited by sts106mat (19380 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@SolidTy said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

meh.

Yeah, you missed the fuss. It was nuts in SW, lol.

Dont waste your time. nobody had a meltdown. The cows were trying to tell the lems that an interactive comic book version of ME1 (which became available on 360 eventually) was better than ME1 anyway.

The only people owned with Mass Effect 1 going to PS3, was the cows...the series, which unique selling point was "create a character and it'll continue with your game saves right through the trilogy" essentially released back to front on PS3. I am glad I experienced it on the 360, day one for each release.

this is a good idea for X1 / PS4.. but i played each game at least twice (4-5 in the case of ME1). It'll depend what else is knocking about at the time and how good the improvements are.

#34 Posted by SolidTy (42782 posts) -

@SolidTy: yeah that's right man. but i actually forgot that me2 spent a year alone on 360 before going to ps3, for some reason i thought that was the first joint release, but that was actually me3. but yeah i do remember the 360 losing the ME's like me2, and then eventually me1, the migration was pretty amazing.

Yeah, I have the entire series on 360, but you got it right.

#35 Edited by freedomfreak (39974 posts) -

So, are they actually gonna include the DLC this time?

#36 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6684 posts) -

Spoiler Alert. Shepherd gave Miranda the STD he got from banging Jack.

#37 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

They'd have to since it's not available in the X1 or PS4 marketplace.

#38 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

WHy do some people like mass effect multiplayer mode? Can post video of good gameplay of this mode? It seem boring to me.

Personally I prefer co-operative MP to competitive MP anyday of the week so in ME3 MP I felt right at home. I'm that "good guy" gamer that's always like "good game afterwards no matter what.

On point though there's tons of great gameplay, I could post vids but for someone who prefers competitive MP they'd just look down at it anyway so I don't see the point.

#39 Edited by kipsta77 (984 posts) -

This is pathetic. They didn't include backwards compatibility so they could just sell them again.

#40 Posted by freedomfreak (39974 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

They'd have to since it's not available in the X1 or PS4 marketplace.

Yeah, good point.

#41 Posted by Kjranu (965 posts) -

What would be the point? I already have all three games on my PC and I can play them in 1080p/60fps and higher if I wanted to. ;)

#42 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

I'm still missing part three, but if they price it at $30 it would be hard to pass up. I'll be getting the superior version if true.

#43 Posted by Desmonic (13743 posts) -

Hmm... You know what, if they actually make this + a Dragon Age collection (with Origin + 2 + all the DLC) I may consider switching from playing those series on PC and start playing them on the PS4.

#44 Posted by yokofox33 (29508 posts) -

I've played the games too many times to get the trilogy again. Much more interested in ME4 at this point.

#45 Posted by Bigboi500 (29597 posts) -

Did the PS3/360 trilogy not include it? I was under the impression that it was. :O

#46 Posted by Blabadon (26146 posts) -

I have no idea how they'll translate the first game with positive reception on next gen consoles in 2014.

It's ridiculous how bad the combat and the Mako are. Nothing should be that bad post-Gears

#47 Posted by freedomfreak (39974 posts) -

Did the PS3/360 trilogy not include it? I was under the impression that it was. :O

Nah, just the games. It's why I didn't pick it up.

#48 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7306 posts) -

I don't own a PS4 or Xbox 1, so I'll likely skip this.

If this turns out to be true, I will be a bit irritated. EA had the audacity to release ME3 for $60 on Wii U, when a few weeks prior they released the full trilogy for last gen platforms for the same price. Now, they decide to crank out a full trilogy rerelease for the PS4 and X1. Unprecedented partnership, indeed.

#49 Edited by Desmonic (13743 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I have no idea how they'll translate the first game with positive reception on next gen consoles in 2014.

It's ridiculous how bad the combat and the Mako are. Nothing should be that bad post-Gears

#50 Posted by SecretPolice (21733 posts) -

Redonkulous but on the positive side, ME4 is right up there with Halo 5 for me. :)