Mass Effect 4: Check Out This Behind-The-Scenes Image

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

This by far is my most anticipated mutiplat and can't hardly wait. :D

I wonder what the new IP is Bio is working on?

I'm majorly pumped, it's getting real baby. :P

Just figured I share.

Thoughts?

The Story..... which honestly isn't much hahah....

---

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-4-check-out-this-behind-the-scenes-ima/1100-6426157/

Mass Effect 4: Check Out This Behind-The-Scenes Image

BioWare cinematic director offers a look at a "very cool" scene in the upcoming game

BioWare cinematic director Ken Thain has posted new image on Twitter, giving gamers a behind-the-scenes look at the motion-capture process for the upcoming Mass Effect game currently in production.

Concept art for the new Mass Effect game
Concept art for the new Mass Effect game

What you're looking at is a "very cool scene" for the game, Thain said, though he did not elaborate further. In the image, we see two people in motion-capture suits, one of whom has his arms extended.

Can you glean anything from this image? Let us know in the comments below.

BioWare announced the new Mass Effect game all the way back in 2012. Development has progressed since then, with BioWare recently saying that the game is now "getting real." In addition to the new Mass Effect game, BioWare is working on a brand-new IP.

For more on the upcoming Mass Effect game, check out the stories below.

• Dragon Age: Inquisition "Not The Template" For Mass Effect 4
  • New Concept Art For Next Mass Effect Released
  • Halo 4 Lead Writer Working On Next Mass Effect
  • This Mass Effect Femshep Cosplay Is Ridiculously Good
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Not much can be guessed at. I'm really interested in where they plan on taking this game after 3. Will it go forward in time, back in time, or will there be a new part of the galaxy that is closed off from the events of ME 1-3?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice

@Zero_epyon:

Yes, very curious about that as well. I think some time ago I heard something about ME4 will be a departure from Sheppard's story but not certain about that.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@Zero_epyon:

Yes, very curious about that as well. I think some time ago I heard something about ME4 will be a departure from Sheppard's story but not certain about that.

Right that can mean anything...jerks...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice

@sts106mat:

I know man, not much there, there but it's the first ME4 article in quite a while so I said heck with it, I'll post it, tbh, out of boredom really. The cosplay link is pretty cool tho. :P

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

For all people griped about the ending of 3 I absolutely loved the series, can't wait.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Seems like the game is going to take forever to release, but I'll be waiting!

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

For all people griped about the ending of 3 I absolutely loved the series, can't wait.

Indeed and have played the whole way through it multiple times.

Did ya get the Citadel DLC?, some of the best fanservice in a game ever, had me in tears (laughter mostly).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56087 Posts

That's nice and all, but seriously, where's my Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered Bioware? [Yes I said Remastered, got a problem with that?]

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22665 Posts

Cant wait for news on this game... Please don't eff it up Bioware.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts
@davillain- said:

That's nice and all, but seriously, where's my Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered Bioware? [Yes I said Remastered, got a problem with that?]

im down with a trilogy remaster as long as they include all the dlc.. lair of the shadow broker was amazing

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

if its coming to ps4 and has any better resolution or something im done with my xbox one im done with it microsoft this is ur last chance bro

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm looking forward to this one.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#17 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

More RPG elements Plz.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Indeed and have played the whole way through it multiple times.

Did ya get the Citadel DLC?, some of the best fanservice in a game ever, had me in tears (laughter mostly).

Yea a total fan masturbation session. I loved it. :P

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I remember seeing some really quick ingame footage from ME4 last year, had race selection, day night cycles, and it looked fully open world

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I am embarrassed to say that I never played any of the mass effect games. Don't know why exactly because I love WRPG's, just haven't come around to it. This is one series that I wouldn't mind a remaster.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Snugenz

@ps4hasnogames said:

I am embarrassed to say that I never played any of the mass effect games. Don't know why exactly because I love WRPG's, just haven't come around to it. This is one series that I wouldn't mind a remaster.

The games still look great and play great so why hold off for a remaster when you could just play em now and probably for a lot cheaper than you'd end up paying for a remaster.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

The games still look great and play great so why hold off for a remaster when you could just play em now and probably for a lot cheaper than you'd end up paying for a remaster.

sold my last gen consoles.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

but the DLC cost is the same....cost more for DLC than the games themselves. EA does need to mark it down.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Snugenz

@texasgoldrush said:

@Snugenz said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

but the DLC cost is the same....cost more for DLC than the games themselves. EA does need to mark it down.

Yeah very good point.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

this game is going to be great but I'm not sure if it's going to be greater than Mass Effect 2 , Bioware ruined everything for me when turned Mass Effect 3 into kinda a game of thrones and killed everyone at the end

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

There should be a spoiler alert attached to this. Now I know in ME4 some guy will stand there with his arms spread. LOL.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Finally, a new beginning for a great series.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58927 Posts

Will this one be an RPG?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@speak_low said:

I'm pretty good at judging proportions based on photographs, and that actor is definitely playing Marauder Shields. He is back. This time with extra Armor and Barrier.

Mass Effect 4: The Tragedy of Marauder Shields.

"Et tu, Shepard?"

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
@speak_low said:

I'm pretty good at judging proportions based on photographs, and that actor is definitely playing Marauder Shields. He is back. This time with extra Armor and Barrier.

Looks like he will be crucified!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#32  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

So, there is a shot of a mocap session with an actor in the T-pose. What are we supposed to get excited about?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@the_master_race said:

this game is going to be great but I'm not sure if it's going to be greater than Mass Effect 2 , Bioware ruined everything for me when turned Mass Effect 3 into kinda a game of thrones and killed everyone at the end

Mass Effect 2 was a landmark game. My favorite game from last gen. ME3 didn't have shock value of ME2 but it was still going well (suspense and all that) then BOOM.... Star Child.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Snugenz

@Cloud_imperium said:

@the_master_race said:

Mass Effect 2 was a landmark game. My favorite game from last gen. ME3 didn't have shock value of ME2 but it was still going well (suspense and all that) then BOOM.... Star Child.

Have you tried the extended cut or MEHEM (Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod) mod?. Doesn't exactly fix the ending but its better than vanilla.

On Topc: I might be reading too much into this but the actor on the right is giving me a Quarian vibe.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

After Inquisition, can't help but feel excited for this... We can at least count on some first class graphics. DA:I has some infinitely impressive texture work... dem normals.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cloud_imperium

@Snugenz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@the_master_race said:

Have you tried the extended cut or MEHEM (Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod) mod?. Doesn't exactly fix the ending but its better than vanilla.

On Topc: I might be reading too much into this but the actor on the right is giving me a Quarian vibe.

Yes, I played using Extended Cut as well. Apart from adding few cutscenes and dialogues, it adds nothing (except pointless 4th ending if that counts). The ending just doesn't make sense, it feels like B-rated sci fi movie from 80s featuring space magic and stuff. They should've went with indoctrination theory, everything was fitting perfectly well with it and considering what Bioware did with KOTOR, it seemed likely but they went with the worst idea.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Seems like the hype is real for this one if this is what's got you salivating. Ironic considering the backlash that followed ME3. You'd think the internet elitists were back to liking BioWare at this point -- funny how that works.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I really hope the next ones live up to the first 3.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SecretPolice

@jamejame said:

Seems like the hype is real for this one if this is what's got you salivating. Ironic considering the backlash that followed ME3. You'd think the internet elitists were back to liking BioWare at this point -- funny how that works.

Nah, I wasn't one who was all that hot and bothered by ME3's ending and rather enjoyed the game going through it three times I think. That said, the ending could have been better but that goes for plenty of games I've played over the decades. :P

What I'm really hoping for is Bio going back to original ME formula, IMO, the best game of the series, and seeing as they are seemingly making vehicles a major part of ME4, my hopes are super high. :D

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Although everyone loves Urdnot Wrex, i'm half-expecting his death to be canon because then we'd have a somewhat interesting villain in the form of Urdnot Wreav.

lilhurk1985187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lilhurk1985187
Member since 2014 • 571 Posts

Cant wait to see the new colors we can choose from this time.Cant wait to see all of the false advertisement and lear which two people hid away while they come up with an even crappier deus ex machina than the one in Mass Effail 3.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 texasgoldrush

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Snugenz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@the_master_race said:

Yes, I played using Extended Cut as well. Apart from adding few cutscenes and dialogues, it adds nothing (except pointless 4th ending if that counts). The ending just doesn't make sense, it feels like B-rated sci fi movie from 80s featuring space magic and stuff. They should've went with indoctrination theory, everything was fitting perfectly well with it and considering what Bioware did with KOTOR, it seemed likely but they went with the worst idea.

Wrong.

The Extended Cut added the "Starchild"'s backstory, which has a huge connection to the major themes of Mass Effect, and now he does belong in the game as he connects to the themes of the decisions made that alter the destinies of others. They fully fleshed out its character which they didn't do the first time around. Second, they added more depth to the endings themselves and actually rationalize why a Paragon Shepard would pick the control ending. Third, it brings more closure to the characters, which was probably the biggest issue the fans actually had (and a good one). You simply were not paying attention. The ending does make sense, welcome to science fiction. Yes, revealing the main antagonist after he is defeated is a rare thing to do, but it doesn't mean it didn't work.

Seriously, many fans of this series are simply daft, they actually really do not pay attention to the story and just play fan fantasy with the characters.

@lilhurk1985187 said:

Cant wait to see the new colors we can choose from this time.Cant wait to see all of the false advertisement and lear which two people hid away while they come up with an even crappier deus ex machina than the one in Mass Effail 3.

If its such a deus ex machina, what did it solve?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cloud_imperium

@texasgoldrush said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Snugenz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@the_master_race said:

Wrong.

The Extended Cut added the "Starchild"'s backstory, which has a huge connection to the major themes of Mass Effect, and now he does belong in the game as he connects to the themes of the decisions made that alter the destinies of others. They fully fleshed out its character which they didn't do the first time around. Second, they added more depth to the endings themselves and actually rationalize why a Paragon Shepard would pick the control ending. Third, it brings more closure to the characters, which was probably the biggest issue the fans actually had (and a good one). You simply were not paying attention. The ending does make sense, welcome to science fiction. Yes, revealing the main antagonist after he is defeated is a rare thing to do, but it doesn't mean it didn't work.

Seriously, many fans of this series are simply daft, they actually really do not pay attention to the story and just play fan fantasy with the characters.

I know you are huge Bioware fan but sorry, ending is still not good compared to the rest of the trilogy and google any poll post extended cut, you're in minority.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 texasgoldrush

@Cloud_imperium said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Snugenz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@the_master_race said:

Wrong.

I know you are huge Bioware fan but sorry, ending is still not good compared to the rest of the trilogy and google any poll post extended cut, you're in minority.

You mean the self selection fan polls that mean statistically absolutely nothing?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cloud_imperium

@texasgoldrush said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Snugenz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@the_master_race said:

Wrong.

You mean the self selection fan polls that mean statistically absolutely nothing?

Everyone is wrong, only texasgoldrush is right.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 texasgoldrush

@Cloud_imperium said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Snugenz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@the_master_race said:

Wrong.

Everyone is wrong, only texasgoldrush is right.

am right. Lets go to statistic class now shall we....

You never draw a conclusion from a self selection poll. They are not scientific and are governed by agendas, which ME3 ending fan polls really are, agendas. If you want to find a real majority, you use random selection polling, with certain factors to match this random pool to the actual population proportionally.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

Wrong.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 texasgoldrush

@SecretPolice said:

@jamejame said:

Nah, I wasn't one who was all that hot and bothered by ME3's ending and rather enjoyed the game going through it three times I think. That said, the ending could have been better but that goes for plenty of games I've played over the decades. :P

What I'm really hoping for is Bio going back to original ME formula, IMO, the best game of the series, and seeing as they are seemingly making vehicles a major part of ME4, my hopes are super high. :D

It needs to go back to some of its original formula....but the original formula needs to fit this game much better than ME1 did, because simply put, Mako exploration in ME1 was pretty dreadful. But it seems they will put focus in the exploration this time and tie it better to the narrative, unlike ME1, where Shepard was off exploring planets while "chasing" Saren. I easily see why ME2 and especially ME3 dropped exploration. It didn't fit Shepard.

But Bioware needs to do more new things, not try to force old formula. This goes especially for the story. It should completely or near completely abandon Bioware formula. Also, another thing they should consider is zero G infantry combat and planet dropping. Make it different.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

This is my most anticipated game right now. I'm really interesting in how they'll connect it to the events of the trilogy(if at all). I want to know that my Shepard did in fact make a difference and this is not some parallel universe entirely disconnected from the Reaper events. This should be done as subtly as possible though so as not to overshadow the new protagonist, story line etc.

And preferable bring this new game closer to ME 1 formula which was my favorite game of the trilogy while adding the best elements of ME 2 and 3.

Please Bioware release some more info at E3. PLEASE!