Mass Effect 2 - Save or Destroy The ... [Spoiler Warning!]

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

phearless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 phearless
Member since 2005 • 80 Posts

I am curious as to other gamers choice for the ending of Mass Effect 2 when given the chance to save the Collector Base or Destroy it. My choice was to save the base. Forget about the weary reputation of Cerebrus or the 'Illusive Man' the whole freakin Galaxy is facing extinction!! On that note I thought it is better to use all the advantages of info and technology that we can. We can debate 'right and wrong' after we get past the Total Annhiliation by Reaper part!! After all it was the tech that Garrus got from the last reaper ship 'Soverign' that provided the upgrade for the Normandy's cannons. Normandy destroyed the Collector Recon ship with TWO shots!

Well anyway that is my take I wasn't going for 'lets do the right thing and destoy the base' when the resulting end of that can be the death of everyone and everything. At least Cerebus gave a damn - so I gave them the base. What did you do?

*mod edit*

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#2 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

that spoiler is in the title i'd imagine.

I destroyed it, because if Cerberus members couldn't survive living in a near-dead Reaper, than i wouldn't imagine they'd make it in the Reaper vehicle.

Also....

nothing good could come out of keeping that base. especially in the hands of Cerberus.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
i destroyed it
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
Change the title. :|
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Nice spoiler warning with the spoiler IN the title. Anyways, destroyed.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15541 Posts

wow seriously? Worst spoiler warning ever!

I destroyed it, screw TIM I'm not handing him the galaxy on a silver platter.

Not until my renegade run at least :P.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Saved it. Illusive man rubs me the wrong way, but I figure I'll get some neat gear in ME3 for doing it.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Destroyed it. I didn't trust the Illusive Man, and I thought it would be best to destroy it.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

haven/t play the game yet. But I'm going to destroy it. Theres chance it cause Indoctrination.

phearless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 phearless
Member since 2005 • 80 Posts

If the title is a spoiler then the media is full of them. I knew about the ending before I even picked up the game! Don't be infants!

J-Stantino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 J-Stantino
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts
Oh and im on my third playthrough. Adept on Hardcore
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

If the title is a spoiler then the media is full of them. I knew about the ending before I even picked up the game! Don't be infants!

phearless
Um... That's great that you knew, and yes the media is full of them. But most people avoided the media for that reason, and you come on and ruin it for people and act like you didn't do anything, It's rather rude.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17401 Posts
I destroyed it. I even paused the game for like 5 mins while i thought about the possible ramifications of saving vs destroying it in ME3. I couldnt think of anything positive that could come from saving it, or any negative from destroying it................so i blew that sucker up!! :P
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I destroyed it. I even paused the game for like 5 mins while i thought about the possible ramifications of saving vs destroying it in ME3. I couldnt think of anything positive that could come from saving it, or any negative from destroying it................so i blew that sucker up!! :Pnavyguy21

The Illusive Man is a lying Snake for one. Dude really can't be trusted.

Nice job putting the spoiler in the title TC.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SaltyMeatballs
I destroyed it. I even paused the game for like 5 mins while i thought about the possible ramifications of saving vs destroying it in ME3. I couldnt think of anything positive that could come from saving it, or any negative from destroying it................so i blew that sucker up!! :Pnavyguy21
I decided in 2 seconds to destroy it, then told the illusive man where to shove it.
Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

I feel bad now... I thought more people would have saved the base :(

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SaltyMeatballs

I feel bad now... I thought more people would have saved the base :(

Kickinurass
Just to make you feel worse, when I talked to the squad after all that they all said they thought I made the right choice :P
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#20 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

saved it in the hopes that it will cause galactic turmoil with humans becoming the most feared species in the galaxy.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I destroyed it.... I do not trust the Illusive Man.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#22 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Destroyed it.

Knowledge is power and it could have been very effective in the fight against the Reapers in the end, hell that choice could be the determining factor between whether existence survives or not, but it could also put Cerberus at the top of power in the end and I wasn't about to let that happen. The knowledge could also have such ramifications as to the races of the universe gaining too much knowledge too quickly, therefore using it for the wrong purposes, etc.

It makes sense in my head. :P

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
saved it --- as I thought saving it would open at-least one small story arc while destroying it will just destroy it and it will be the end
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#24 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I desrtoyed it.. The Mysterious Illusive man I just didnt trust :P

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
I destroyed it because of [spoiler] what Cerberus did to Veetor [/spoiler]
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
thats what multiple profiles are for ;)
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

I am curious as to other gamers choice for the ending of Mass Effect 2 when given the chance to save the Collector Base or Destroy it. My choice was to save the base. Forget about the weary reputation of Cerebrus or the 'Illusive Man' the whole freakin Galaxy is facing extinction!! On that note I thought it is better to use all the advantages of info and technology that we can. We can debate 'right and wrong' after we get past the Total Annhiliation by Reaper part!! After all it was the tech that Garrus got from the last reaper ship 'Soverign' that provided the upgrade for the Normandy's cannons. Normandy destroyed the Collector Recon ship with TWO shots!

Well anyway that is my take I wasn't going for 'lets do the right thing and destoy the base' when the resulting end of that can be the death of everyone and everything. At least Cerebus gave a damn - so I gave them the base. What did you do?

*mod edit*

phearless

I save the Collector's base. Cerberus already has Collector's bio-armour, SR2's EDI already has Sovereign's processors, SR2 has Sovereign's weapon tech (from upgrade). What's missing? Sovereign's shields,hull/armour, reator/power systemsand FTL (transgalactic drive).

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
I saved it. Who knows? Maybe I will get something new in ME3. But I'm doing a 2nd playthrough on Insanity and I'm pretty far so I'll be sure to destroy it this time. :P
salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts

There's no point saving it, if you listen to what Mordin said throughout the game about Krogan extinction because they used technologies that's beyond their understanding.So human are doomed to repeat it, and by using Reaper technologies, we are evolving in a way that's predictable by the enemies (i.e. how the Reapers destroyed all the civilizations before us)

Also, notice how the Reapers use hit & run tactics throughout the game ( Protheans might have a chance if they didn't build around the citadel mass relay) , how they needed the Geth flee to do their works. They are all proves that Reapers do NOT want the galaxy to form up and fight against them, they are NOT as strong as they claimed, they are just really sneaky.

So even though I played as a full Renegade throughout the game, (minus some dumb choices like Morinth vs Samara) I chose to destroy the base. What's the point of fighting off a group of enemies, to give chances for another one to rise? Illusive man proved time and time again, the end justify his means, and his end = human domination.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

Saving it was the only choice that made sense to me. The technology gained could benefit the entire galaxy and be a major asset to humanity. It's reaper tech, but who cares? The reapers destroyed the intergalatic government using the Mass Relays but nobody rushed out and blew up all of those.

Even if Cereberus uses it for bad... who cares? Every alien race turned their back on humans in ME1 and the Alliance turned their back on Shepard in ME2. They deserve a hardcore screwing imo and whatever happens to them is 100% karma for being jackasses.

There's no point saving it, if you listen to what Mordin saidsalxis
Moridin also thinks the attempted genocide by killing 999 out of every 1000 babies is the ultimate solution to the galaxy's problems. You're going to let someone like that decide the fate of the galaxy?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ronvalencia

There's no point saving it, if you listen to what Mordin said throughout the game about Krogan extinction because they used technologies that's beyond their understanding.So human are doomed to repeat it, and by using Reaper technologies, we are evolving in a way that's predictable by the enemies (i.e. how the Reapers destroyed all the civilizations before us)

Also, notice how the Reapers use hit & run tactics throughout the game ( Protheans might have a chance if they didn't build around the citadel mass relay) , how they needed the Geth flee to do their works. They are all proves that Reapers do NOT want the galaxy to form up and fight against them, they are NOT as strong as they claimed, they are just really sneaky.

So even though I played as a full Renegade throughout the game, (minus some dumb choices like Morinth vs Samara) I chose to destroy the base. What's the point of fighting off a group of enemies, to give chances for another one to rise? Illusive man proved time and time again, the end justify his means, and his end = human domination.

salxis

SR2's Sovereign weapons killed the Collector's starship... The Collectors is what's left of Protheans. The Collectors/Protheans needs real firepower.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#32 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

I saved it.

I came close to blowing it up, but the Illusive man kept telling me I was making a big mistake, so I saved it.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SaltyMeatballs

I saved it.

I came close to blowing it up, but the Illusive man kept telling me I was making a big mistake, so I saved it.

SpinoRaptor24
Lol, he would say that wouldn't he :P
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I destroyed it. I don't trust the ship, I don't trust theIllusive Man, and I don't trust Cerberus. If that means I have to fight extra to kill of the Reaper army heading towards the Milky Way, so be it.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Phoenix534

I saved it.

SpinoRaptor24

lol. That's one of the main reason I destroyed it.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Phoenix534

Saving it was the only choice that made sense to me. The technology gained could benefit the entire galaxy and be a major asset to humanity. It's reaper tech, but who cares? The reapers destroyed the intergalatic government using the Mass Relays but nobody rushed out and blew up all of those.

Even if Cereberus uses it for bad... who cares? Every alien race turned their back on humans in ME1 and the Alliance turned their back on Shepard in ME2. They deserve a hardcore screwing imo and whatever happens to them is 100% karma for being jackasses.

[QUOTE="salxis"]There's no point saving it, if you listen to what Mordin saidSenor_Kami

Moridin also thinks the attempted genocide by killing 999 out of every 1000 babies is the ultimate solution to the galaxy's problems. You're going to let someone like that decide the fate of the galaxy?

It was either spread the Genophage or risk a Krogan uprising. I'm not saying mass genocide is right, but they did what they had to do.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#37 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I saved it.

SpinoRaptor24

looks like your a victim of the Milgram Experiment

Listening to the reassuring boss man.... even if he may be not trust worthy..

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#38 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

^^Yeah I kinda regret it now.

It didn't even seem that bad until nearly all my squadmates told me it that I shouldn't have given it to him.

D:

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Phoenix534

I destroyed it because of [spoiler] what Cerberus did to Veetor [/spoiler] rcignoni

What did Cerberus do to Veetor? I let him go back to the Migrant Fleet on my playthrough.

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 salxis

[QUOTE="salxis"]There's no point saving it, if you listen to what Mordin saidSenor_Kami

Krogan are blood thirsty by nature (as in Grunt's case), if we don't control their population, they will destroy everything. Another example is the "scientist" on Krogan planet, they would rather destroy than preserve as shown many time by Krogan history. Mordin's right about controlling it, they are controlling the fertility rate, you can't murder something that hasn't been born yet (i.e. it's not even in Larval stage). The genophage allowed other species to have a chance to evolve, including the Krogans, he could've easily made Krogan extinct like Rachni (which he said he regrets a lot), instead the Salarians allowed everyone to live.

@ ronvalencia I am sure their beam weapon would've damaged SR2 if it actually hit (try not upgrading your weapon, you will see their weapon actually destroys the old weapons), so rather than fire power, they need armor :P, also it's been 50,000 years between Soverign's weapon and Prothean's destruction, I am sure Soverign got some decent upgrade as well (Hell, you could even say they made this weapon from Prothean tech they stole 50,000 years ago). I don't think Reapers are as powerful as they claimed, the battle at Citidal, 2400 human died fighting both the geth flee and Soverign, granted Soverign was hacking the Mass Relay + Controlling Saren at that time.

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 salxis

What did Cerberus do to Veetor? I let him go back to the Migrant Fleet on my playthrough.

Phoenix534

They tortured him for information, drove him to the edge of insanity :P, apprently they inject him for every "wrong" answer he gave, and interrupts his air supply

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

salxis

They tortured him for information, drove him to the edge of insanity :P, apprently they inject him for every "wrong" answer he gave, and interrupts his air supply

Those bastards! Now I know I made the right choice. This is why I don't trust Cerberus.

Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts

I totally destroyed it despite the illussive man not caring much for me at the end. It sets up for 3 soo perfectly

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Phoenix534

I totally destroyed it despite the illussive man not caring much for me at the end. It sets up for 3 soo perfectly

Squall18

The Prothean ship destroyed, the Reaper fleet awakened from hiberation, Shepard possibly dead(depending on which ending you got. My Shepard's alive) Mass Effect 3 can't come soon enough.

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 salxis

[QUOTE="Squall18"]

Phoenix534

The Prothean ship destroyed, the Reaper fleet awakened from hiberation, Shepard possibly dead(depending on which ending you got. My Shepard's alive) Mass Effect 3 can't come soon enough.

If you died in the suicide mission, which I did it on purpose for my 4th play through (dragged everyone down with me as well :evil:) you get an epilogue ending, concluding the story of Shephard! Congratulation! you don't' need to buy ME3 :D

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="Squall18"]

salxis

If you died in the suicide mission, which I did it on purpose for my 4th play through (dragged everyone down with me as well :evil:) you get an epilogue ending, concluding the story of Shephard! Congratulation! you don't' need to buy ME3 :D

lol. I wonder what ME3 will be like for those people? Also, the only people to die during the Suicide Mission for me were Mordin and Kelly. They will be missed. I almost cried when I saw Mordin lying on the ground after being shot down.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Destroy.

Never comrpomise.

Advice Rorschach - never compromise even in the face of armaggedon

No one died for me, blew it up happy ending, told the illusive man to pipe down.

To be honest I was expecting people to die (especially after killing that 'boss') so I was careful with my choices.

Happy with the outcome, though I would hav eliked to be challenged a bit more.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="salxis"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

lol. I wonder what ME3 will be like for those people? Also, the only people to die during the Suicide Mission for me were Mordin and Kelly. They will be missed. I almost cried when I saw Mordin lying on the ground after being shot down.

All my "hero" crew members are alive.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="salxis"]

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]

There's no point saving it, if you listen to what Mordin saidsalxis

Krogan are blood thirsty by nature (as in Grunt's case), if we don't control their population, they will destroy everything. Another example is the "scientist" on Krogan planet, they would rather destroy than preserve as shown many time by Krogan history. Mordin's right about controlling it, they are controlling the fertility rate, you can't murder something that hasn't been born yet (i.e. it's not even in Larval stage). The genophage allowed other species to have a chance to evolve, including the Krogans, he could've easily made Krogan extinct like Rachni (which he said he regrets a lot), instead the Salarians allowed everyone to live.

@ ronvalencia I am sure their beam weapon would've damaged SR2 if it actually hit (try not upgrading your weapon, you will see their weapon actually destroys the old weapons), so rather than fire power, they need armor :P, also it's been 50,000 years between Soverign's weapon and Prothean's destruction, I am sure Soverign got some decent upgrade as well (Hell, you could even say they made this weapon from Prothean tech they stole 50,000 years ago). I don't think Reapers are as powerful as they claimed, the battle at Citidal, 2400 human died fighting both the geth flee and Soverign, granted Soverign was hacking the Mass Relay + Controlling Saren at that time.

Firing into enemy' ship's gun barrel as it charges up is a good move.
salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 salxis
[QUOTE="ronvalencia"] Firing into enemy' ship's gun barrel as it charges up is a good move.

So the Thanix cannon upgrade really is an upgrade for Joker's brain :P