Mario Maker has sharing, don't edit my posts Super.

• 75 results
#51 Posted by foxhound_fox (90791 posts) -

There are hurdles on a Nintendo platform that a Sony one doesn't suffer from:

The under age 10 demographic.

I'm sure a huge part of this "consideration" is how they can integrate a feature without upsetting parents of young children.

#52 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

They do realize that without online sharing, this game will bomb, right? Word of mouth is powerful, and that was a feature naturally assumed to be in.

#53 Edited by Gue1 (11370 posts) -

Always thought it had no sharing feature or online component anyway, which is why I always said it was shit. If it had it they would have mentioned it at E3 but they did not. I mean, this is Nintendo we are talking about you know... This will most likely not stop the game from scoring a gazillion of 10/10's though.

#55 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (6244 posts) -

GS desperate for dem clicks.

@bbkkristian said:

They do realize that without online sharing, this game will bomb, right? Word of mouth is powerful, and that was a feature naturally assumed to be in.

@Gue1 said:

Always thought it had no sharing feature or online component anyway, which is why I always said it was shit. If it had it they would have mentioned it at E3 but they did not.

Read madsnake and Champ's posts.

#56 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (4256 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

@Gue1 said:

Always thought it had no sharing feature or online component anyway, which is why I always said it was shit. If it had it they would have mentioned it at E3 but they did not.

This was already addressed in the thread many times. The game does have online sharing. Gamespot took his quotes out of context for clickbait. Read the actual article:

"Of course, it's nice to have rankings and the like, but we're trying to think of ways to ensure that everybody's creations get seen by someone. That's what I'm working on now"

#57 Edited by KungfuKitten (21403 posts) -

Never mind, apparently it was out of context.

#58 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9757 posts) -

What the fuck...this should have been one of the first things they should have discussed in the conceptual stage of this game's development. Jesus, Nintendo.

EDIT: Just read Champ's post. Nice journalism, GameSpot.

#59 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28036 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

What the fuck...this should have been one of the first things they should have discussed in the conceptual stage of this game's development. Jesus, Nintendo.

madsnake and Champ's posts. PRONTO.

#60 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9757 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

madsnake and Champ's posts. PRONTO.

Yeah, I read it after I made that post and edited my post. Wonderful journalism on GameSpot's part. Maybe if they focused on fixing this forum and their Web site up the way they focus on making click-bait articles, this site would be in better shape.

#61 Posted by Shewgenja (10978 posts) -

I couldn't even fathom this game without an online sharing mechanism. Like, what would be the point?

#62 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28036 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

Yeah, I read it after I made that post and edited my post. Wonderful journalism on GameSpot's part. Maybe if they focused on fixing this forum and their Web site up the way they focus on making click-bait articles, this site would be in better shape.

No kidding. Some GS writers just love unnecessary rage for the sake of it.

I expected this to happen though after madsnake made his post though.

#64 Posted by WallofTruth (2065 posts) -

@charizard1605: Yep, plus PC has multiple level editors like that to make Mario clones and they're all free and include level sharing, lol. Ninty is kida late too the party here.

#65 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3800 posts) -

Gamespot is a joke.

#66 Posted by aroxx_ab (10771 posts) -

This is Nintendont, nothing surprising.

#67 Posted by nini200 (10499 posts) -

So they allowed Online Level Sharing in Smash Bros Brawl but in a game about creating levels, they have to consider it?

#68 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28036 posts) -

@nini200 said:

So they allowed Online Level Sharing in Smash Bros Brawl but in a game about creating levels, they have to consider it?

Check the USGamer article. madsnake and Champ posted it.

DSS, do you think you can post what they said in the OP?

#69 Posted by darkspineslayer (20417 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@nini200 said:

Check the USGamer article. madsnake and Champ posted it.

DSS, do you think you can post what they said in the OP?

Yeah, finally got around to it. I don't post from a PC often, and i can't edit from a tablet.

#70 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28036 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

Yeah, finally got around to it. I don't post from a PC often, and i can't edit from a tablet.

Thanks. :)

#71 Posted by smashed_pinata (3290 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Heirren said:

@charizard1605:

In all honesty this was probably conceptualized in the 90s.

And they didn't realize that selling this without online play in this day and age is... the most redundant thing of all thing?

I think I heard on the giantbombcast that the levels you can make are fairly limited too, as in you won't be able to reproduce 1-1 in it.

Nah, they were talking about the demo from e3, meaning it was a striped down chunk of the game with less features. I am 100% sure you will be able to create 1-1 when the full game releases.

#72 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

Just plain dumb. I'd ignore it if thats the case. They need to learn a thing or two from MM's masterpiece, LBP.

#73 Posted by darkspineslayer (20417 posts) -

Who the fuck decided to edit my post? Get out of here Super.

#74 Edited by cainetao11 (19512 posts) -

I don't understand. I just assumed at this point with LBP doing it well, and Project Spark going to do the sharing thing, that its a given. This is shocking.

OK, GS why did you report it as such?

#75 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Bravo GS, bravo.:|

#76 Posted by madsnakehhh (14988 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

This is Nintendont, nothing surprising.

Nop, this is Gamespot click bait, nothing surprising with their news staff.

#77 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28036 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Just plain dumb. I'd ignore it if thats the case. They need to learn a thing or two from MM's masterpiece, LBP.

*not impressed*

#78 Posted by yokofox33 (30336 posts) -

Ok, so I overreacted... Stupid, GS.

#79 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@ladyblue said:

*not impressed*

I'd hope so. Stating my opinion, which isn't outlandish since LBP is MM's masterpiece. Unless you think Tearaway is better(haven't played it). They also have a much better track record when it comes to games with creation tools/level editor.

So again, don't see how you or anyone would get "impressed" over something that's well known.