Mario Maker has sharing, don't edit my posts Super.

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-maker-online-sharing-being-considered-3ds-ve/1100-6421163/

How. Just how was this not conceptualized without this feature? this KEY feature? Someone answer.

This is a perfect highlight of just how up it's own ass Nintendo can be. how they can legitimately make claims about the problems of this kind of game and level sharing when we're on our FIFTH Littlebigplanet game. This is mind boggling how they have this little perspective.

I would like to retract any LBP killer claims I might have made to people like @TheEroica. This title is literally nothing now. Even if it does come out with full online sharing, it's just mind blowing how this wasn't a consideration from the start. Not worth full price, or even $5.

Nintendo, get out of the 90s and join the rest of the industry. There has been no excuse for a while, this just punctuates it.

Edit: Sensationalist gamespot is sensationalist.

@jg4xchamp said:

I fucking hate this thread, I was actually laughing at the idea that Nintendo would be this stupid. Click the US gamer interview. This is the lines from it

USg: One of the big limitations of Mario Paint was that there was no way to share easily, no Internet. I assume Mario Maker will let you swap levels online with friends?

TT: It's true, there was no Internet back then, and once we created something, that was it. It was out there. When you make a course, you naturally want someone to play it — that's the point of it. Of course, if you friend makes a course, you're going want to play it, right?

Now, with the Internet, you're able to interact with friends from far away, so if you wanted to share courses with friends far away, we're able to do that, in a technological sense. I would like to consider doing something like that with Mario Maker. There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.

Of course, it's nice to have rankings and the like, but we're trying to think of ways to ensure that everybody's creations get seen by someone. That's what I'm working on now.

^Sounds like they have every intention to have online sharing. He's just trying to get around the usual issue with online sharing. Making sure quality levels get their love, and it's not difficult to add to the community since after awhile the most popular stuff from months ago gets all the attention.

Now they can **** this all up still: because Nintendo, but unless you know of a non-online sharing way of making sure "everybody's creations gets seen by someone" than I doubt this game doesn't have some version of online sharing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Wait.

So Nintendo greenlighted a level editor... without a way to share said levels? And they were planning on selling this for full price?

What the hell is this shit? Why does this exist? How the hell could they even conceive of a level editor without an online sharing mechanism? What century do they live in?

I-

Seriously, what?

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I would think that if this game didn't have this feature it would fail. But somehow Nintendo releases feature starved game after game and they sell well. So what do I know? It's kinda like how Call of Duty is the same year after year. People buy the stuff no matter what.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Why would this not be a part of the game in the first place. Who the hell do they think wants a level editor that doesn't let you share levels.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Mmmm, i don't care...i mean, sure, if it doesn't have an online sharing feature then of course is not worth at all, but if it has it, then its going to be a great game, i don't care if they made a mistake (a huge one of course) but like i said if the game has that feature, then i'm ok with that, if not...it is a deal breaker.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@madsnakehhh said:

Mmmm, i don't care...i mean, sure, if it doesn't have an online sharing feature then of course is not worth at all, but if it has it, then its going to be a great game, i don't care if they made a mistake (a huge one of course) but like i said if the game has that feature, then i'm ok with that, if not...it is a deal breaker.

No, if this was conceptualized without online sharing, it's indicative of a larger problem with Nintendo's mindset and the way they approach the development of their games.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Would be kind of pointless without online sharing, so yeah hopefully it does get past "consideration" phase. =/

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

mmm a bit short sighted to say the least.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@charizard1605:

In all honesty this was probably conceptualized in the 90s.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Why wouldn't they allow it to be shared online? lolol

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Okay, this is downright stupid, but "get out of the 90's"? Quite a funny remark because last I checked, people LOVE 90's Nintendo the same way they do aged action heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger. There HAS to be something better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heirren said:

@charizard1605:

And they didn't realize that selling this without online play in this day and age is... the most redundant thing of all thing?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Heirren said:

@charizard1605:

And they didn't realize that selling this without online play in this day and age is... the most redundant thing of all thing?

I think I heard on the giantbombcast that the levels you can make are fairly limited too, as in you won't be able to reproduce 1-1 in it.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

While I do agree that its beyond stupid, I think it's a bit harsh to say it's not worth 5 dollars even if it includes a sharing feature. I'm more concerned that they would try and make it a full 60 dollar retail title. No way I'm paying that much for a level editor. I think 20 dollars would be pushing it depending on how fleshed out it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@topgunmv said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Heirren said:

@charizard1605:

I think I heard on the giantbombcast that the levels you can make are fairly limited too, as in you won't be able to reproduce 1-1 in it.

Why does this exist?

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Is anyone surprised?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Doesn't surprise me, it's Nintendo.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

wow. I would have thought that was a given. I have no words. My mind is blown like that guy up there ^

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

If this game doesn't come with level sharing then it better be free.

If this game is that limited in how big you can make the levels then it better not cost more than $5.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

The ****...?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 madsnakehhh

@charizard1605 said:

@madsnakehhh said:

No, if this was conceptualized without online sharing, it's indicative of a larger problem with Nintendo's mindset and the way they approach the development of their games.

So? i'm not punishing a product for having a good feature, who cares if they come up with the idea while in the restroom a day before launch.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Was already a definite no buy before but now it's a super definite no buy!

I mean it Nintendon't!

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

Lol dafuq?

Get your shit together Nintendo.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Nintendo is so far up their own ass, their minds have traveled back in time and gotten stuck in the 90s. Will it take them another 2 gens to FINALLY realize that this is the age of internet and we want... no DEMAND simple things like being able to play online with friends, TALK online with friends, and definitely simple things like sharing levels in a game such as this?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nintendoboy16

@handssss said:

Nintendo is so far up their own ass, their minds have traveled back in time and gotten stuck in the 90s. Will it take them another 2 gens to FINALLY realize that this is the age of internet and we want... no DEMAND simple things like being able to play online with friends, TALK online with friends, and definitely simple things like sharing levels in a game such as this?

Which... you get depending on the game? Mario Kart? Smash 4? Pokemon? Seriously, this is posted like they NEVER do it at all when that isn't true. They just do it varying on the game. And don't take this response as a defense to MM lacking online, it isn't because I think it's stupid for a game like this. I can defend SM3DW for lacking it (while ironically, other games non-Nintendo, such as Rayman Legends get away scott-free), but not this.

Crap, you can even share levels in BRAWL.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By madsnakehhh

@topgunmv: Not to mention, and as far as i know, you only have 2 styles to choose from, so that means no Super Mario Bros 3 and no Super Mario World levels.

Oh, nevermind, apparently it will have more styles.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Meanwhile.. at Nintendo Headquarters (brainstorming for the next new thing):

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Calm down guys they were obviously gonna use the E-reader to let you share levels.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By madsnakehhh

Hmmm...i'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, but where does it says that it won't have an online sharing feature? if anything, it says that they are working on better ways to allow players to share their content.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/13/mario-maker-will-include-more-art-styles-than-just-mario-games/

"As for Internet sharing and Miiverse integration, Tezuka admits those details are still being worked out as well, but that he’s mindful of players’ desire to show off their level designs to friends."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-maker-online-sharing-being-considered-3ds-ve/1100-6421163/

"There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.""

@darkspineslayer: Honestly, and after reading a little bit more about the title...i think i'm actually more excited for it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nintendoboy16

@madsnakehhh said:

Hmmm...i'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, but where does it says that it won't have an online sharing feature? if anything, it says that they are working on better ways to allow players to share their content.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/13/mario-maker-will-include-more-art-styles-than-just-mario-games/

"As for Internet sharing and Miiverse integration, Tezuka admits those details are still being worked out as well, but that he’s mindful of players’ desire to show off their level designs to friends."

"There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.""

Oh jeez, no wonder Quorothon hates my ass. I hope your quote gets noticed more, because I got a feeling it's going to be ignored (like most posts if they have any form of sense or neutrality here).

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

This is why Nintendo is the laughing stock. How could you even think of this nowdays? No1 computes at nintendo...

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

If true, that's unacceptable. Not interested in the game anyway so far but online sharing should be a no-brainer.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Okay, this is downright stupid, but "get out of the 90's"? Quite a funny remark because last I checked, people LOVE 90's Nintendo the same way they do aged action heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger. There HAS to be something better.

Also... FIFTH LBP? That's a number behind. Just saying?

LBP, LBP2, LBP PSP, LBP Vita and LBP3. If I'm not wrong.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendoboy16

@m_machine024 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Also... FIFTH LBP? That's a number behind. Just saying?

LBP, LBP2, LBP PSP, LBP Vita and LBP3. If I'm not wrong.

LBP handhelds aren't the main games though, but okay, my mistake.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Nintendo makes shitty decisions and is way behind the times, more at 11.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I fucking hate this thread, I was actually laughing at the idea that Nintendo would be this stupid. Click the US gamer interview. This is the lines from it

USg: One of the big limitations of Mario Paint was that there was no way to share easily, no Internet. I assume Mario Maker will let you swap levels online with friends?

TT: It's true, there was no Internet back then, and once we created something, that was it. It was out there. When you make a course, you naturally want someone to play it — that's the point of it. Of course, if you friend makes a course, you're going want to play it, right?

Now, with the Internet, you're able to interact with friends from far away, so if you wanted to share courses with friends far away, we're able to do that, in a technological sense. I would like to consider doing something like that with Mario Maker. There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.

Of course, it's nice to have rankings and the like, but we're trying to think of ways to ensure that everybody's creations get seen by someone. That's what I'm working on now.

^Sounds like they have every intention to have online sharing. He's just trying to get around the usual issue with online sharing. Making sure quality levels get their love, and it's not difficult to add to the community since after awhile the most popular stuff from months ago gets all the attention.

Now they can **** this all up still: because Nintendo, but unless you know of a non-online sharing way of making sure "everybody's creations gets seen by someone" than I doubt this game doesn't have some version of online sharing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@jg4xchamp: You hate most things I do. :P

Fair enough though. I'll eat crow here. I took the hyperbolic gamespot news story at face value. That will teach me to expect even something as basic as the facts in a gamespot article.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#40 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

What...even Mario and Donkey Kong march of the Minis has a level editor which could be shared online.

How was this not even considered? The game is coming to the WiiU for crying out load! The most social game system Nintendo has made!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Okay. So, you can share. Moving on then.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendoboy16

@LegatoSkyheart said:

What...even Mario and Donkey Kong march of the Minis has a level editor which could be shared online.

How was this not even considered? The game is coming to the WiiU for crying out load! The most social game system Nintendo has made!

Legato, I may have made the same mistake but... did you see what madsnake and Champ pointed out? Heck, that goes for you too, Char, one who called me out for making a sensationalist topic when the Australian Ratings system labelled Bayo 2 as a multiplat.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I would say that most people here would benefit greatly if they actually took a minute to think before they post.

of course this will have online sharing. It wouldn't make any sense if it didn't. You can't take everything at face value.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

So awful. The fact it's being considered, and not the first fucking feature they should have implemented, is downright despicable. How the hell can you not have the ability to share and play other levels? Nintendo will find a way to make it DLC or make us pay for playing shared levels.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nintendoboy16

@yokofox33 said:

So awful. The fact it's being considered, and not the first fucking feature they should have implemented, is downright despicable. How the hell can you not have the ability to share and play other levels? Nintendo will find a way to make it DLC or make us pay for playing shared levels.

Once again, refer to madsnake and Champ's posts.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#46 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Legato, I may have made the same mistake but... did you see what madsnake and Champ pointed out? Heck, that goes for you too, Char, one who called me out for making a sensationalist topic when the Australian Ratings system labelled Bayo 2 as a multiplat.

Ah, I see. It's actually just Nintendo trying to get rid of the "Ranking System" where only the Popular stuff is shown. Neat.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Online sharing or no, I'm really not that interested in this title.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

lock this sh*t. Or edit your post.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

At first I was all "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard", but then after reading into it, I'm all "Gamespot click bait article..."

Like it's been said above, Mario Maker is all about online sharing. Nintendo is just trying to figure out the best way to do it in a way that lets everybody's creations get as much attention as possible.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#50 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I knew something was being taken out of context here. Thanks for clearing that up. That's some terrible journalism from GameSpot, taking things out of context in order to stir up Nintendo hate and get more clicks.