Mario Maker has sharing, don't edit my posts Super.

• 75 results
#1 Edited by darkspineslayer (20002 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-maker-online-sharing-being-considered-3ds-ve/1100-6421163/

How. Just how was this not conceptualized without this feature? this KEY feature? Someone answer.

This is a perfect highlight of just how up it's own ass Nintendo can be. how they can legitimately make claims about the problems of this kind of game and level sharing when we're on our FIFTH Littlebigplanet game. This is mind boggling how they have this little perspective.

I would like to retract any LBP killer claims I might have made to people like @TheEroica. This title is literally nothing now. Even if it does come out with full online sharing, it's just mind blowing how this wasn't a consideration from the start. Not worth full price, or even $5.

Nintendo, get out of the 90s and join the rest of the industry. There has been no excuse for a while, this just punctuates it.

Edit: Sensationalist gamespot is sensationalist.

@jg4xchamp said:

I fucking hate this thread, I was actually laughing at the idea that Nintendo would be this stupid. Click the US gamer interview. This is the lines from it

USg: One of the big limitations of Mario Paint was that there was no way to share easily, no Internet. I assume Mario Maker will let you swap levels online with friends?

TT: It's true, there was no Internet back then, and once we created something, that was it. It was out there. When you make a course, you naturally want someone to play it — that's the point of it. Of course, if you friend makes a course, you're going want to play it, right?

Now, with the Internet, you're able to interact with friends from far away, so if you wanted to share courses with friends far away, we're able to do that, in a technological sense. I would like to consider doing something like that with Mario Maker. There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.

Of course, it's nice to have rankings and the like, but we're trying to think of ways to ensure that everybody's creations get seen by someone. That's what I'm working on now.

^Sounds like they have every intention to have online sharing. He's just trying to get around the usual issue with online sharing. Making sure quality levels get their love, and it's not difficult to add to the community since after awhile the most popular stuff from months ago gets all the attention.

Now they can fuck this all up still: because Nintendo, but unless you know of a non-online sharing way of making sure "everybody's creations gets seen by someone" than I doubt this game doesn't have some version of online sharing.

#2 Posted by charizard1605 (58917 posts) -

Wait.

So Nintendo greenlighted a level editor... without a way to share said levels? And they were planning on selling this for full price?

What the hell is this shit? Why does this exist? How the hell could they even conceive of a level editor without an online sharing mechanism? What century do they live in?

I-

Seriously, what?

#3 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3462 posts) -

I would think that if this game didn't have this feature it would fail. But somehow Nintendo releases feature starved game after game and they sell well. So what do I know? It's kinda like how Call of Duty is the same year after year. People buy the stuff no matter what.

#4 Posted by Pffrbt (6588 posts) -

Why would this not be a part of the game in the first place. Who the hell do they think wants a level editor that doesn't let you share levels.

#5 Edited by madsnakehhh (14601 posts) -

Mmmm, i don't care...i mean, sure, if it doesn't have an online sharing feature then of course is not worth at all, but if it has it, then its going to be a great game, i don't care if they made a mistake (a huge one of course) but like i said if the game has that feature, then i'm ok with that, if not...it is a deal breaker.

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (58917 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

Mmmm, i don't care...i mean, sure, if it doesn't have an online sharing feature then of course is not worth at all, but if it has it, then its going to be a great game, i don't care if they made a mistake (a huge one of course) but like i said if the game has that feature, then i'm ok with that, if not...it is a deal breaker.

No, if this was conceptualized without online sharing, it's indicative of a larger problem with Nintendo's mindset and the way they approach the development of their games.

#7 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34176 posts) -

Would be kind of pointless without online sharing, so yeah hopefully it does get past "consideration" phase. =/

#8 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5079 posts) -

mmm a bit short sighted to say the least.

#9 Posted by Heirren (17742 posts) -

@charizard1605:

In all honesty this was probably conceptualized in the 90s.

#10 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3099 posts) -

Why wouldn't they allow it to be shared online? lolol

#11 Edited by nintendoboy16 (27244 posts) -

Okay, this is downright stupid, but "get out of the 90's"? Quite a funny remark because last I checked, people LOVE 90's Nintendo the same way they do aged action heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger. There HAS to be something better.

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (58917 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@charizard1605:

And they didn't realize that selling this without online play in this day and age is... the most redundant thing of all thing?

#13 Edited by topgunmv (10262 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Heirren said:

@charizard1605:

And they didn't realize that selling this without online play in this day and age is... the most redundant thing of all thing?

I think I heard on the giantbombcast that the levels you can make are fairly limited too, as in you won't be able to reproduce 1-1 in it.

#14 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11489 posts) -

While I do agree that its beyond stupid, I think it's a bit harsh to say it's not worth 5 dollars even if it includes a sharing feature. I'm more concerned that they would try and make it a full 60 dollar retail title. No way I'm paying that much for a level editor. I think 20 dollars would be pushing it depending on how fleshed out it is.

#15 Posted by charizard1605 (58917 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Heirren said:

@charizard1605:

I think I heard on the giantbombcast that the levels you can make are fairly limited too, as in you won't be able to reproduce 1-1 in it.

Why does this exist?

#16 Posted by wolverine4262 (19619 posts) -

Is anyone surprised?

#17 Posted by sailor232 (4919 posts) -

Doesn't surprise me, it's Nintendo.

#18 Edited by wolverine4262 (19619 posts) -

#20 Posted by pyro1245 (957 posts) -

wow. I would have thought that was a given. I have no words. My mind is blown like that guy up there ^

#21 Posted by drummerdave9099 (781 posts) -

If this game doesn't come with level sharing then it better be free.

If this game is that limited in how big you can make the levels then it better not cost more than $5.

#22 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5788 posts) -

The fuck...?

#23 Posted by madsnakehhh (14601 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@madsnakehhh said:

No, if this was conceptualized without online sharing, it's indicative of a larger problem with Nintendo's mindset and the way they approach the development of their games.

So? i'm not punishing a product for having a good feature, who cares if they come up with the idea while in the restroom a day before launch.

#24 Edited by commonfate (12491 posts) -

Was already a definite no buy before but now it's a super definite no buy!

I mean it Nintendon't!

#25 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Lol dafuq?

Get your shit together Nintendo.

#26 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

Nintendo is so far up their own ass, their minds have traveled back in time and gotten stuck in the 90s. Will it take them another 2 gens to FINALLY realize that this is the age of internet and we want... no DEMAND simple things like being able to play online with friends, TALK online with friends, and definitely simple things like sharing levels in a game such as this?

#27 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27244 posts) -

@handssss said:

Nintendo is so far up their own ass, their minds have traveled back in time and gotten stuck in the 90s. Will it take them another 2 gens to FINALLY realize that this is the age of internet and we want... no DEMAND simple things like being able to play online with friends, TALK online with friends, and definitely simple things like sharing levels in a game such as this?

Which... you get depending on the game? Mario Kart? Smash 4? Pokemon? Seriously, this is posted like they NEVER do it at all when that isn't true. They just do it varying on the game. And don't take this response as a defense to MM lacking online, it isn't because I think it's stupid for a game like this. I can defend SM3DW for lacking it (while ironically, other games non-Nintendo, such as Rayman Legends get away scott-free), but not this.

Crap, you can even share levels in BRAWL.

#28 Edited by madsnakehhh (14601 posts) -

@topgunmv: Not to mention, and as far as i know, you only have 2 styles to choose from, so that means no Super Mario Bros 3 and no Super Mario World levels.

Oh, nevermind, apparently it will have more styles.

#29 Edited by OhSnapitz (18464 posts) -

Meanwhile.. at Nintendo Headquarters (brainstorming for the next new thing):

#30 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

Calm down guys they were obviously gonna use the E-reader to let you share levels.

#31 Edited by madsnakehhh (14601 posts) -

Hmmm...i'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, but where does it says that it won't have an online sharing feature? if anything, it says that they are working on better ways to allow players to share their content.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/13/mario-maker-will-include-more-art-styles-than-just-mario-games/

"As for Internet sharing and Miiverse integration, Tezuka admits those details are still being worked out as well, but that he’s mindful of players’ desire to show off their level designs to friends."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-maker-online-sharing-being-considered-3ds-ve/1100-6421163/

"There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.""

@darkspineslayer: Honestly, and after reading a little bit more about the title...i think i'm actually more excited for it.

#32 Edited by nintendoboy16 (27244 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

Hmmm...i'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, but where does it says that it won't have an online sharing feature? if anything, it says that they are working on better ways to allow players to share their content.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/13/mario-maker-will-include-more-art-styles-than-just-mario-games/

"As for Internet sharing and Miiverse integration, Tezuka admits those details are still being worked out as well, but that he’s mindful of players’ desire to show off their level designs to friends."

"There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.""

Oh jeez, no wonder Quorothon hates my ass. I hope your quote gets noticed more, because I got a feeling it's going to be ignored (like most posts if they have any form of sense or neutrality here).

#33 Posted by silversix_ (14991 posts) -

This is why Nintendo is the laughing stock. How could you even think of this nowdays? No1 computes at nintendo...

#34 Edited by m_machine024 (15026 posts) -

If true, that's unacceptable. Not interested in the game anyway so far but online sharing should be a no-brainer.

#35 Posted by m_machine024 (15026 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Okay, this is downright stupid, but "get out of the 90's"? Quite a funny remark because last I checked, people LOVE 90's Nintendo the same way they do aged action heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger. There HAS to be something better.

Also... FIFTH LBP? That's a number behind. Just saying?

LBP, LBP2, LBP PSP, LBP Vita and LBP3. If I'm not wrong.

#36 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27244 posts) -

@m_machine024 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Also... FIFTH LBP? That's a number behind. Just saying?

LBP, LBP2, LBP PSP, LBP Vita and LBP3. If I'm not wrong.

LBP handhelds aren't the main games though, but okay, my mistake.

#37 Posted by jg4xchamp (48716 posts) -

Nintendo makes shitty decisions and is way behind the times, more at 11.

#38 Edited by jg4xchamp (48716 posts) -

I fucking hate this thread, I was actually laughing at the idea that Nintendo would be this stupid. Click the US gamer interview. This is the lines from it

USg: One of the big limitations of Mario Paint was that there was no way to share easily, no Internet. I assume Mario Maker will let you swap levels online with friends?

TT: It's true, there was no Internet back then, and once we created something, that was it. It was out there. When you make a course, you naturally want someone to play it — that's the point of it. Of course, if you friend makes a course, you're going want to play it, right?

Now, with the Internet, you're able to interact with friends from far away, so if you wanted to share courses with friends far away, we're able to do that, in a technological sense. I would like to consider doing something like that with Mario Maker. There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them.

Of course, it's nice to have rankings and the like, but we're trying to think of ways to ensure that everybody's creations get seen by someone. That's what I'm working on now.

^Sounds like they have every intention to have online sharing. He's just trying to get around the usual issue with online sharing. Making sure quality levels get their love, and it's not difficult to add to the community since after awhile the most popular stuff from months ago gets all the attention.

Now they can fuck this all up still: because Nintendo, but unless you know of a non-online sharing way of making sure "everybody's creations gets seen by someone" than I doubt this game doesn't have some version of online sharing.

#39 Edited by darkspineslayer (20002 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: You hate most things I do. :P

Fair enough though. I'll eat crow here. I took the hyperbolic gamespot news story at face value. That will teach me to expect even something as basic as the facts in a gamespot article.

#40 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25837 posts) -

What...even Mario and Donkey Kong march of the Minis has a level editor which could be shared online.

How was this not even considered? The game is coming to the WiiU for crying out load! The most social game system Nintendo has made!

#41 Posted by freedomfreak (41416 posts) -

Okay. So, you can share. Moving on then.

#42 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27244 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

What...even Mario and Donkey Kong march of the Minis has a level editor which could be shared online.

How was this not even considered? The game is coming to the WiiU for crying out load! The most social game system Nintendo has made!

Legato, I may have made the same mistake but... did you see what madsnake and Champ pointed out? Heck, that goes for you too, Char, one who called me out for making a sensationalist topic when the Australian Ratings system labelled Bayo 2 as a multiplat.

#43 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16788 posts) -

I would say that most people here would benefit greatly if they actually took a minute to think before they post.

of course this will have online sharing. It wouldn't make any sense if it didn't. You can't take everything at face value.

#44 Posted by yokofox33 (30028 posts) -

So awful. The fact it's being considered, and not the first fucking feature they should have implemented, is downright despicable. How the hell can you not have the ability to share and play other levels? Nintendo will find a way to make it DLC or make us pay for playing shared levels.

#45 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27244 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

So awful. The fact it's being considered, and not the first fucking feature they should have implemented, is downright despicable. How the hell can you not have the ability to share and play other levels? Nintendo will find a way to make it DLC or make us pay for playing shared levels.

Once again, refer to madsnake and Champ's posts.

#46 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25837 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Legato, I may have made the same mistake but... did you see what madsnake and Champ pointed out? Heck, that goes for you too, Char, one who called me out for making a sensationalist topic when the Australian Ratings system labelled Bayo 2 as a multiplat.

Ah, I see. It's actually just Nintendo trying to get rid of the "Ranking System" where only the Popular stuff is shown. Neat.

#47 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7470 posts) -

Online sharing or no, I'm really not that interested in this title.

#48 Posted by speedfog (3280 posts) -

lock this sh*t. Or edit your post.

#49 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9104 posts) -

At first I was all "that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard", but then after reading into it, I'm all "Gamespot click bait article..."

Like it's been said above, Mario Maker is all about online sharing. Nintendo is just trying to figure out the best way to do it in a way that lets everybody's creations get as much attention as possible.

#50 Posted by Jag85 (4759 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

I knew something was being taken out of context here. Thanks for clearing that up. That's some terrible journalism from GameSpot, taking things out of context in order to stir up Nintendo hate and get more clicks.