Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - Something good from Nintendo's E3

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

New game coming that crosses the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario games.

I'm actually pretty hyped for this. These are the only type of JRPGs that I enjoy. I love the combat system and goofy storylines of these games.

Anyone else excited?

This looks way better than Sticker Star, lol.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#2 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Here, you're gonna need this. *flame shield*

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Why would he need a flameshield?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

@Ragnarok1051 said:

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nintendoboy16

@Ragnarok1051 said:

That entire DE made charizard, davillain- and others borderline anti-Ninty. I don't think it was great, but holy **** that reaction.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

This was indeed a bright spot in a shitty E3 presentation.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Shittyass Dream Team + Shittyass Sticker Star = good game?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Only wish it was for Wii U. I mean the DE sucked a lot, but yeah some of the reactions by people... lol, have you seen that one guy from GAF's reaction?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
@Blabadon said:

Yes

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:

That entire DE made charizard, davillain- and others borderline anti-Ninty. I don't think it was great, but holy **** that reaction.

I wasn't able to watch their conference yesterday, but I'm assuming not a lot of people were impressed?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bread_or_Decide

@PikminWorld said:

Only wish it was for Wii U. I mean the DE sucked a lot, but yeah some of the reactions by people... lol, have you seen that one guy from GAF's reaction?

Do tell.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Ragnarok1051 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:

I wasn't able to watch their conference yesterday, but I'm assuming not a lot of people were impressed?

Oh hell no!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

@Ragnarok1051 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:

If you enjoyed The Last Airbender movie, Superman 64, or Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, then you will love their digital event.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@Blabadon: dream team had issues with pacing but wasn't shitty and unlike sticker star this is an actual rpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:

Doesn't mean nothing good could come from it. This game looks good and so does Xenoblade Chronicles X.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

looks awful, like it was made in 2002

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@Blabadon said:

It's been so long since TTYD they forgot what a good mario rpg is.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#18 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I am pretty excited for it too. Looks super fun! Plus the scene where Paper Bowser fights normal Bowser, well that's enough for me to buy it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

@k--m--k said:

looks awful, like it was made in 2002

2002 was a good year for gaming. Sounds good to me.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendoboy16

@PonchoTaco said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:

Doesn't mean nothing good could come from it. This game looks good and so does Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Didn't say nothing did. Like I said, I was a bit let down by the DE, but I found some stuff I liked from it (the new Star Fox for one). Even then, the instant growth of anti-Nintendo sentimentality is worth a note especially while E3 is still running (and even longer).

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Will make for a great jrpg to add to the ever impressive 3DS jrpg list. Was happy that it was being released, i think its a perfect game for the 3DS and i hope we get to have some unique touchy fun, cant wait to touch NPCs to talk or something.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@PikminWorld said:

Do tell.

I'd like to see it too :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

@Heil68 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@PikminWorld said:

Do tell.

Sorry was on my phone, here it is:

"I was literally shaking with anger during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. "Announce something," I shrieked at my computer. My mom knocked on my bedroom door and had to ask if I was ok. Then, they started showing me a bunch of losers playing instruments dressed as Mario and I just turned it off. It was actually unbelievable.

Now, I'm 31 years old and this was, without a doubt, the worst conference I've ever seen in my life. It's clear that Nintendo is not just done with the Wii U but done with the company. There is no recovering from a conference that bad. They'll talk about the NX at next E3, but people will ignore it after remembering Blast Balls.

I loved this company and put my heart and soul into dedicating my gaming life to them. But now, I have nothing. I'm an empty shell."

I feel bad for the guy, I mean I'm hoping he was slightly being sarcastic or... something.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I really wanted another Paper Mario, but this one doesn't look that bad to be fair.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bread_or_Decide

@PikminWorld said:
@Heil68 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@PikminWorld said:

Do tell.

"I was literally shaking with anger during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. "Announce something," I shrieked at my computer. My mom knocked on my bedroom door and had to ask if I was ok. Then, they started showing me a bunch of losers playing instruments dressed as Mario and I just turned it off. It was actually unbelievable.

Now, I'm 31 years old and this was, without a doubt, the worst conference I've ever seen in my life. It's clear that Nintendo is not just done with the Wii U but done with the company. There is no recovering from a conference that bad. They'll talk about the NX at next E3, but people will ignore it after remembering Blast Balls.

I loved this company and put my heart and soul into dedicating my gaming life to them. But now, I have nothing. I'm an empty shell."

I feel bad for the guy, I mean I'm hoping he was slightly being sarcastic or... something.

LOL oh man

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@PikminWorld said:
@Heil68 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@PikminWorld said:

Do tell.

LOL oh man

hahahaa,

I originally thought it was the gif posted by @freedomfreak of a guy throwing his console away..lolz

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@PikminWorld said:

I will never understand why gamers do this..... I guess my "gaming life" doesn't believe in monogamy and is better off because of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

@quatoe said:

I am pretty excited for it too. Looks super fun! Plus the scene where Paper Bowser fights normal Bowser, well that's enough for me to buy it.

The glide mechanic looks cool. Grabbing onto paper airplane Mario.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

@GoldenElementXL said:
@PikminWorld said:

I will never understand why gamers do this..... I guess my "gaming life" doesn't believe in monogamy and is better off because of it.

Yeah I don't really either. It'd be nice to just have one platform to fill all my needs, but really none of the consoles nor PC do it just by themselves. PC provides a ton, but I'd feel somewhat lacking if I didn't also have those great Nintendo games in my library. Luckily even if the rest of 2016 looks bleak for the Wii U after maybe the first couple months into it at least I'll have the PC to provide the space needed to fill the void as so many incredible games are coming to it in 2015 and 2016. It's not ideal, but whatever. :P

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendoboy16

@Heil68 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@PikminWorld said:
@Heil68 said:

LOL oh man

hahahaa,

I originally thought it was the gif posted by @freedomfreak of a guy throwing his console away..lolz

DarkSydePhil? Don't believe in his horseshit! He never once cared about Nintendo at all (to him, they are up there with Hideo Kojima, although he'll deny any hatred for them much like OTHER people on GAF and System Wars), because he's only in it for the money.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#31 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

@PonchoTaco: I agree, I wonder what other kind of gameplay elements Nintendo will use with both of those worlds now. Combinations of both series and what they could pull of from them makes me very excited for it.

JeremyGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 JeremyGTS
Member since 2014 • 40 Posts

The reactions to the DE is just sad, almost makes me want to stop playing video games. A bunch of spoiled whiny brats. I think this game is going to be a fun, ive got Mario and Luigis Bowser inside story and some of the old "mario and luigi" GBA games.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

The game was definitely my favorite part of the DE. It looks really good.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Hell yeah, that game looks weird and mind bending (in a good way). 3DS stuff was fine.

@nintendoboy16 said:

Lol.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Game looks like Nintendo is running out of ideas so my verdict is:

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendoboy16

@locopatho said:

Hell yeah, that game looks weird and mind bending (in a good way). 3DS stuff was fine.

@nintendoboy16 said:

Lol.

"Lol" what? Preparing for what I thought was going to be a mass flame fest after their DE (which like I said, sparked anti-Nintendo sentiment from even Charizard?)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Looks really good to me. I enjoy Mario & Luigi games on DS, my last one was Bowser's Inside Story, Jam will make a fine edition to play on my 3DS XL.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@nintendoboy16: "Lol" that it seems you genuinely don't understand what the difference is between WiiU and 3DS, why gamers can be disgusted with the former's E3 but impressed with the latter's.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

Yes, I am excited. These are great games, they don't take themselves too seriously. They are especially great for portable gaming, since you don't need to get too invested in the game world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Such a good movie.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Chozofication said:
@Blabadon said:

It's been so long since TTYD they forgot what a good mario rpg is.

Seriously, The gimmick here is so lame. Mario and Luigi+Paper Mario OMG......it's a fucking Mario RPG, the art styles were different, the comedic tone and style was always similar, the dev was mostly the same (sans Super Mario RPG), the two games have shared plenty of gameplay similarities over the years. I'm failing to see the novelty of this though. The whole time it was like "hooray, another one". Shit was boredom fuel.

Can't get more Metroid, but we get more of this shit.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@jg4xchamp: devs werent the same.

paper mario was always done by intelligent systems while mario and luigi is done by alpha dream

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

@jg4xchamp: devs werent the same.

paper mario was always done by intelligent systems while mario and luigi is done by alpha dream

You are correct, scratch that part, roll with the rest.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

They could've made a proper paper mario. Instead they made this BS. **** Nintendo.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

3ds is looking like shit for the rest of the year in terms of first party, but next year..... Fire emblem, Hyrule Warriors, and this game is nice.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

The one cool game they showed during that presentation. Still can't believe how crappy that was.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

There aren't many games I regret selling (especially now that the Rare collection game is coming out) but I really miss Paper Mario TTYD

I might have to find that and buy it

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nintendoboy16

@locopatho said:

@nintendoboy16: "Lol" that it seems you genuinely don't understand what the difference is between WiiU and 3DS, why gamers can be disgusted with the former's E3 but impressed with the latter's.

They hated the stream entirely. Damn near everything about it was panned to hell and back.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#49 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Thank fucking god Intelligent Systems isn't doing this one. Sticker Star was so bad.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nintendoboy16

@Shmiity said:

Thank fucking god Intelligent Systems isn't doing this one. Sticker Star was so bad.

Uh, you'll want to blame Miyamoto for Sticker Star.