Mario Kart 8 Selling Out Worldwide, ITS HAPPENING

• 90 results
#1 Edited by hotdiddykong (2047 posts) -

Its happening, Nintendo's big marketing campaign that they shouldve done to the Wii U from the start is really pushing forward with Mario Kart 8

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Mario-Kart-8-Selling-Out-Worldwide-Becomes-Fastest-Selling-Bundle-Nintendo-World-63980.html

Its in the Top 6 of Best Sellers, RIGHT BEHIND Xbox Live and the Playstation Store Cards

History is repeating itself ladies and gentlemen, Prepare thyselves

#2 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16139 posts) -

Doesn't matter if the marketing campaign didn't happen at the launch of console, as long as Nintendo can pull it around with Mario Kart, which I hope they do.

#3 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2656 posts) -

Wii u is great for kids but I doubt it's going to do well because it just has too many issues vs the other next gen consoles.

#4 Edited by Epak_ (6763 posts) -

They still need a proper Mario platformer, a Zelda game and Metroid (for me, tee-hee) to make the system relevant.

#5 Edited by blamix (192 posts) -

Can't wait for my favorite racing game

#6 Posted by super600 (29985 posts) -

Wii u is great for kids but I doubt it's going to do well because it just has too many issues vs the other next gen consoles.

The WiiU is not attracting that many kids in the first place. Anyway it's nice to hear that preorders are high for mario kart 8.

#7 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25847 posts) -

Nintendo World is, unfortunately one tiny spot. If this was at more shops like Gamestop, GAME, and Wal-Mart, then I'd see some more merit.

#8 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Most existing Wiiu owners will buy it but will it push hardware is the question. At $330 it won't.

#9 Posted by superbuuman (2535 posts) -

Most existing Wiiu owners will buy it but will it push hardware is the question. At $330 it won't.

MK8 + 1 extra free game...that's a pretty decent deal...tho they probably should have open up the choice more in US...in EU/AU you have 10 games to choose from in US only 4. :p

#10 Edited by princeofshapeir (13605 posts) -

I don't even have a Wii U right now but I'd buy MK8 anyway because of this deal

#11 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (3796 posts) -

I hope this is enough to push units and get 3rd parties developing. I want the Wii U to do well since the other consoles are kinda shit.

And Mario Kart 8 looks fantastic.

#12 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1867 posts) -

Great news for Nintendo , hopefully it'll continue to sell with new games .

#13 Edited by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

#14 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26066 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

This picture makes me want Dreamcast games on Virtual Console.

#15 Posted by Heirren (15995 posts) -

I think the potential turning point is within the next 6 months, potentially. At this time the people that held off in buying hardware to pick up either an xbox or playstation, will now decide on a second console come E3. They'll look to see which one fills the void. With Mario Kart and Smash Bros right around the corner, I can see people picking up the console with the much lower price.

#16 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25847 posts) -
#17 Edited by emgesp (2023 posts) -

Mario Kart is selling well to the current install base of around 5 million. What you should be paying attention to is how many Wii U consoles are sold during this month. Let me know when a Wii U console makes the top 20 best sellers list on Amazon.

#18 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25847 posts) -

@emgesp said:

Mario Kart is selling well to the current install base of around 5 million. What you should be paying attention to is how many Wii U consoles are sold during this month. Let me know when a Wii U console makes the top 20 best sellers list on Amazon.

There's a major problem with Amazon and Nintendo hardware though.

#19 Edited by groowagon (2740 posts) -

if i'd be a Wii U owner, i'd buy this too because there's really nothing else either. so yeah, ofcourse it sells well.

#20 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2155 posts) -

not even mario can save the wiiu

#21 Posted by RR360DD (11418 posts) -

It certainly makes the console a lot more appealing. Haven't been this impressed by a new mario kart title since Double Dash.

#22 Edited by Vatusus (4238 posts) -

@hotdiddykong said:

lol history? That picture is so wrong its not even funny.

Both the N64 and Gamecube were flops for Nintendo. Neither printed money. The WiiU is a biggest flop and it wont be Mario Kart 8 that will save it. Most already buying MK8 already have the WiiU. See TitanFall example, the game sold pretty well but it wasnt enough to push the X1 ahead of the PS4. Why? Because most of its buyers already had an X1 to begin with.

#23 Posted by sonic_spark (4577 posts) -

@Epak_ said:

They still need a proper Mario platformer, a Zelda game and Metroid (for me, tee-hee) to make the system relevant.

I wouldn't say "relevant"... as I do want both Mario Kart and Smash Bros. of course. But yes, for me to purchase the system, I need confirmation of that exact list.

#24 Edited by sonic_spark (4577 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@hotdiddykong said:

lol history? That picture is so wrong its not even funny.

Both the N64 and Gamecube were flops for Nintendo. Neither printed money. The WiiU is a biggest flop and it wont be Mario Kart 8 that will save it. Most already buying MK8 already have the WiiU. See TitanFall example, the game sold pretty well but it wasnt enough to push the X1 ahead of the PS4. Why? Because most of its buyers already had an X1 to begin with.

N64 and Gamecube were always profitable.

Titanfall is not Mario Kart. Mario Kart sells more than nearly any other IP and it's an exclusive title. It brings in both a "core" and a casual audience.

Mario Kart won't "save" the Wii U, but it's bound to generate a few million in sales.

#25 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16084 posts) -

where are the sarcastic comments about retailers only having 5 of each.

#26 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3248 posts) -

Yes, Wii U will dominate.

#27 Posted by charizard1605 (54531 posts) -

Well, selling out a stock of five isn't exactly a big achievement.

#28 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25847 posts) -

where are the sarcastic comments about retailers only having 5 of each.

They got real old and were always stupid.

#29 Edited by jhcho2 (4366 posts) -

I wasn't aware that Playstation Store cards were best sellers. Don't most of us use credit cards?

#30 Posted by Pffrbt (6367 posts) -

@Epak_ said:

Well they have 2/3 of those.

#31 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8688 posts) -

There should be some ban bets going on considering how confident a few fanboys are acting.

#32 Edited by Epak_ (6763 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@Epak_ said:

Not really. They do have 3D World and Windwaker, didn't really like 3D Land on the 3DS and Windwaker is so done.

#34 Edited by Pffrbt (6367 posts) -

@Epak_ said:

@Pffrbt said:

@Epak_ said:

Not really. They do have 3D World and Windwaker, didn't really like 3D Land on the 3DS and Windwaker is so done.

3D World is a very different, better game than 3D Land. Wind Waker counts still.

#35 Edited by AzatiS (7000 posts) -

I hope this is enough to push units and get 3rd parties developing. I want the Wii U to do well since the other consoles are kinda shit.

Rofl big time ....

#36 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8688 posts) -
#37 Edited by CTR360 (6870 posts) -

good for nintendo fans i dont have WII-U and dont buy this game never care for kids game

#38 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25847 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Rofl big time ....

Okay, I have doubts on more third parties developing on Wii U again, but what's wrong with him thinking that PS4/XBONE suck? Are you one of those people who think that only your opinion is right and anyone else is an idiot (like suppaman, who insulted everyone who prefered an XBOX and/or GameCube over PS2)?

#39 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Rofl big time ....

Okay, I have doubts on more third parties developing on Wii U again, but what's wrong with him thinking that PS4/XBONE suck? Are you one of those people who think that only your opinion is right and anyone else is an idiot (like suppaman, who insulted everyone who prefered an XBOX and/or GameCube over PS2)?

If someone thinks PS4 sucks than they need to go build a $2000 PC and never play on a console again. PS4 is the best hardware you can get for $400 and it has more overall developer support than Xbone and Wiiu combined.

#40 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25847 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@AzatiS said:

Rofl big time ....

If someone thinks PS4 sucks than they need to go build a $2000 PC and never play on a console again. PS4 is the best hardware you can get for $400 and it has more overall developer support than Xbone and Wiiu combined.

Once again, who gives a rats' ass that someone doesn't like a console you do (as much or at all).

#41 Posted by jake44 (1908 posts) -

I hope this gives the Wii U a healthy boost. I personally never could understand how these games sell so much, but good for Nintendo.

#42 Edited by fgjnfgh (2608 posts) -

One house and we are buying 2 copies, same goes with Smash

#43 Posted by Blabadon (25287 posts) -

@Vatusus: Nope, GameCube was quite profitable

#44 Posted by AzatiS (7000 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Rofl big time ....

Did i say my opinion because i laughed with that childish statement ? Do you really want me to answer your question ?

#45 Edited by MBirdy88 (7214 posts) -

.... Nintendo isn't attracting kids... its attracting nostalgic adults more than anything at this point.

You know whats funny mr no scope?.... the current gen console are attracing all the kids with minecraft... being the most played game on all other systems at the minute... and don't forget the chavvy cod and fifa crowds.. oh my.

#46 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25847 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Rofl big time ....

Did i say my opinion because i laughed with that childish statement ? Do you really want me to answer your question ?

What was so childish about what he said? I'm not seeing it (and I've gotten into arguments with Halcyon NUMEROUS times).

#47 Edited by AzatiS (7000 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@AzatiS said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Rofl big time ....

What was so childish about what he said? I'm not seeing it (and I've gotten into arguments with Halcyon NUMEROUS times).

Ok lets start...

1) He says he hopes MK8 to push units so Wii U get 3rd party support .... Let me remind you that Wii sold massive amount of consoles in a very short time and 3rd party support ( good 3rd party support even ) never came. Why he thinks that a few million consoles more ( assuming MK8 will push sales ) will bring 3rd party support now out of all times ? It wont , thats not the main reason why companies avoiding Wii U and Wii clearly proves that. So isnt this kinda funny?

2) He says " I want the Wii U to do well since the other consoles are kinda shit " ! So he wouldnt mind about Wii U if the other 2 consoles were amazing for him right ? Isnt that funny ?

Also if we want to be fair and realistic , what does he mean that the other consoles are shit ? The price , their 1st party support , their 3rd party support , their specs , their online services , their multimedia ? What exactly is shit about them compared to Wii U ?

How not to laugh with him with those fanboystic statements ? :P

#48 Posted by ChronosChris (125 posts) -

Lol look at this sheep getting it's hopes up for a Wii U revival.

#49 Edited by foxhound_fox (86984 posts) -

#50 Edited by B4X (2714 posts) -

Nice. it deserves its success.