Mario Kart 8 Is Now The Highest Selling Game on Amazon

• 81 results
#1 Posted by charizard1605 (57734 posts) -

Mario Kart 8 is the highest ranked videogame on Amazon.com. Just so you know, it's ranked higher than even the fucking PS4.

I don't know about a sustained bump, but in the short run, it will definitely sell some Wii Us.

#2 Edited by lostrib (37033 posts) -

People love Mario Kart

#3 Edited by emgesp (2149 posts) -

Well what is Mario Kart's competition in terms of other software for this month? I mean the only other big game coming out in May is Watch Dogs, but that has already been preordered to hell for the past year so preorders have already peaked for that game.

#4 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4805 posts) -

ah amazon. i've missed seeing you used for ownage.

#5 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7280 posts) -

It's too bad Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo consoles. It would be really fun here if Mario Kart bundles were outselling the PS4 on Amazon.

#6 Edited by darkspineslayer (19705 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000: It dosn't? I can buy a Zelda or Mario bundle off amazon right now.

#7 Posted by princeofshapeir (14177 posts) -

It's not like it has any competition this month

#8 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7280 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

@PurpleMan5000: It dosn't? I can buy a Zelda or Mario bundle off amazon right now.

They are available on the site, but sold by third parties through Amazon, not by Amazon. That is why you can preorder the Mario Kart bundle from Best Buy and Gamestop, but not Amazon.

#9 Posted by AznbkdX (3209 posts) -

YAY! :D

I have this feeling that MK8 won't do much past its first few weeks but I do hope I'm wrong.

#10 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8741 posts) -

That's damn impressive. I'm not expecting a continued boost, but it definitely looks like it's going to help in the short run.

#11 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

Either people really want Mario Kart 8 or they are discovering there isn't really all that much to play on PS4.

#12 Posted by super600 (30664 posts) -

It was ranked fourth when I checked on Amazon canada.

It's now fifth on amazon canada

http://www.amazon.ca/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

#13 Posted by Desmonic (14110 posts) -

GG Sony, GG Microsoft, GG Valve.

Mario Kart in HD. 20 million WiiU's sold by E3, 50 million by the end of the year.

#14 Posted by m_machine024 (14991 posts) -

From Gonintendo last time they checked....

America: 4th

Canada: 4th

France: 1st

Germany: 4th

Italy: 2nd

Japan: 2nd

Spain: 1st

UK: 3rd

Hmm........ we'll see.

#15 Posted by Liquid_ (2697 posts) -

is it coming out on 3ds?

#16 Posted by super600 (30664 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Mario Kart in HD. 20 million WiiU's sold by E3, 50 million by the end of the year.

It will be insanely funny if that happened. Anyway I expect the WiiU to sell anywhere from 5 to 10 million this year and maybe more if consumer demand increases more than I think it will . This is including the first couple of months of this year.

#17 Edited by groowagon (2806 posts) -

it's because there simply isn't anything else coming for Wii U.

#18 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17725 posts) -

I hope the bundle sells like bananas

#19 Edited by AznbkdX (3209 posts) -

@groowagon said:

Not to fan a fire, but I could say the same for the other systems. :P

#20 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26733 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

It's not like it has any competition this month

emg brought up Watch_Dogs, which was pre-ordered to hell and back.

#21 Posted by Heirren (17094 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

They are available on the site, but sold by third parties through Amazon, not by Amazon. That is why you can preorder the Mario Kart bundle from Best Buy and Gamestop, but not Amazon.

Amazon was selling 3DS units around the holidays. And it was definitely Amazon and not 3rd party vendors.

#22 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5291 posts) -

It's official. Nintendo is back on track. It was only a matter of time of course.

#23 Posted by charizard1605 (57734 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Either people really want Mario Kart 8 or they are discovering there isn't really all that much to play on PS4.

Conversely, they're discovering there's a shit ton to play on Wii U, and Mario Kart is just the final push they need.

#24 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Conversely, they're discovering there's a shit ton to play on Wii U, and Mario Kart is just the final push they need.

That would be true, if the WiiU bundle starts outselling the PS4 bundle.

It would be nice. I mean I don't expect the WiiU to ever outsell PS4 in total, but it would be nice if people start appreciating WiiU for what it offers currently: not the best graphics, but a great amount of exclusives to play.

#25 Posted by charizard1605 (57734 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@charizard1605 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

That would be true, if the WiiU bundle starts outselling the PS4 bundle.

It would be nice. I mean I don't expect the WiiU to ever outsell PS4 in total, but it would be nice if people start appreciating WiiU for what it offers currently: not the best graphics, but a great amount of exclusives to play.

Well, the Wii U NSMBU bundle on Amazon is currently selling at #36.

#26 Posted by PonchoTaco (2140 posts) -

Sweet. I'm preordering my copy tonight.

#27 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17725 posts) -

You also need to remember this is post-free game announcement.

#28 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

And it's up :p

For the people that don't have a WiiU yet, I would recommend that bundle and buying Mario Kart 8 separately.

You can end up with 4 games that way: NSMB U, Luigi U, Mario Kart 8 and the free game they are giving with MK8 :)

#29 Posted by BattleSpectre (6135 posts) -

They will need more than just Mario Kart 8 to save the Wii U. *yawn*

#30 Posted by Desmonic (14110 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@charizard1605 said:

For the people that don't have a WiiU yet, I would recommend that bundle and buying Mario Kart 8 separately.

You can end up with 4 games that way: NSMB U, Luigi U, Mario Kart 8 and the free game they are giving with MK8 :)

It's not really 4 games >.> Luigi U, despite being sold seperately, is more of an expansion than anything else.

It is a lot of content though :P

#31 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7280 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@charizard1605 said:

It's not really 4 games >.> Luigi U, despite being sold seperately, is more of an expansion than anything else.

It is a lot of content though :P

Expansions have always been talked about as separate games on this site. Especially expansions that match the original game in content.

#32 Posted by Desmonic (14110 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Expansions have always been talked about as separate games on this site. Especially expansions that match the original game in content.

Since when? They have been rated, yes, as some DLC pieces have also been rated (the SP DLC for TLOU comes to mind), but I never saw anyone considering them a "separate" game, especially if they require the OG game to even work.

I'll give and say you can acutally call it a different game for the single fact it works as a standalone, but it's the kind of situation where if you play one you don't really need to play the other (kinda Pokemon in that sense) :P It is a lot of content, that's for sure.

#33 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17667 posts) -

Mario Kart, Kirby, and Mario Golf are all best sellers.

Nintendo is doomed.

#34 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7280 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Since when? They have been rated, yes, as some DLC pieces have also been rated (the SP DLC for TLOU comes to mind), but I never saw anyone considering them a "separate" game, especially if they require the OG game to even work.

I'll give and say you can acutally call it a different game for the single fact it works as a standalone, but it's the kind of situation where if you play one you don't really need to play the other (kinda Pokemon in that sense) :P It is a lot of content, that's for sure.

You have never heard somebody talk about Half Life 2: Episode 2 as if it is its own game?

#35 Posted by Heil68 (44631 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

#36 Posted by Desmonic (14110 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Desmonic said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

You have never heard of somebody talk about Half Life 2: Episode 2 as if it is its own game?

Not really. It's praised as f*ck, but I never saw anyone talking about it as it's own separate entity :P Then again, for the past few years when people talk about Half-Life they just get depressed knowing Half-Life 3 isn't a thing yet lol

#37 Edited by charizard1605 (57734 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

It's not at all like that. New Super Luigi U represents a distinctly different kind of game and approach to 2D platforming than NSMBU. They might as well be different games made using the same assets.

#38 Posted by Flubbbs (3098 posts) -

ill be buying a Wii U in a couple of weeks for Mario Kart

#39 Posted by Desmonic (14110 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Desmonic said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

It's not at all like that. New Super Luigi U represents a distinctly different kind of game and approach to 2D platforming than NSMBU. They might as well be different games made using the same assets.

So......... an expansion? :P

#40 Posted by charizard1605 (57734 posts) -

@Desmonic: Sure, if you want to argue semantics, which I am not. I am saying that your assertion that it's like Pokemon, where playing one means you don't have to play the other is wrong.

#41 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11861 posts) -

1. Buy Mario Kart 8

2. Redeem free game code

3. Return Mario Kart 8 cause it's a piece of shite

4. ???

5. Profit

#42 Edited by santoron (7740 posts) -

It's supposedly a system selling level of franchise, AND they're giving away a choice of free game with it. If that can't make it to #1 on the charts you can turn the lights out at Nintendo.

#43 Edited by Desmonic (14110 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Desmonic: Sure, if you want to argue semantics, which I am not. I am saying that your assertion that it's like Pokemon, where playing one means you don't have to play the other is wrong.

Ah, but I said you don't really need to, I didn't say you don't have to. Dem semantics brah. :P

#44 Edited by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

my thoughts exactly.

#45 Edited by nini200 (9802 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

It's too bad Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo consoles. It would be really fun here if Mario Kart bundles were outselling the PS4 on Amazon.

Actually that dispute has been settled over a year now.

#46 Posted by nini200 (9802 posts) -
@AznbkdX said:

@groowagon said:

Not to fan a fire, but I could say the same for the other systems. :P

Actually no you can't, the other systems don't have Mario Kart lol

#47 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7280 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Then why isn't Amazon selling Nintendo consoles?

#48 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@nini200 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Or dl codes. They used to have those too.

#49 Posted by remiks00 (1877 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Mario Kart 8 is the highest ranked videogame on Amazon.com. Just so you know, it's ranked higher than even the fucking PS4.

I don't know about a sustained bump, but in the short run, it will definitely sell some Wii Us.

@lostrib said:

People love Mario Kart

I haven't played MK (not mortal Kombat :P) since the n64 days. But I'm considering picking this iteration up for the living room. Looks fun as hell. Oh, and Smash Bros. :D

#50 Posted by nini200 (9802 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@nini200 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

They aren't? I'm sure I just saw a 3DS being sold on Amazon... Get your facts together man lol This is SW!!!