Mario Kart 8 Getting Bundled With Wii U

  • 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by charizard1605 (61592 posts) -

At the very least, Europe is getting a bundle. This is an amazingly aggressive move, and comes much sooner than many, including myself, predicted.

Will Mario Kart 8 move any Wii Us?

SOURCE

#2 Edited by wolverine4262 (20144 posts) -

This is the least they could do. They need to be bundling all their first party games like this at release if they want their console to look appealing.

If that came to America for $300, it would be tempting.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (43502 posts) -

Very good.

They should also do it for NA. Europe gets all the good shit.

#5 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9758 posts) -

Sweet.

#6 Posted by Heil68 (47174 posts) -

It will move some units sure, not enough to get out of its destined last place this gen.

#7 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17516 posts) -

Very good, previous nintendo consoles also came bundled with Mario Kart. I bought my gamcube with mario kart and my 3DS too :)

@wolverine4262 said:

This is the least they could do. They need to be bundling all their first party games like this at release if they want their console to look appealing.

If that came to America for $300, it would be tempting.

Price in europe is 299 euro. It also has a very high chance they'll do this in other parts of the world. So it's very likely that you'll be able to buy it for 299 dollars.

@freedomfreak said:

Very good.

They should also do it for NA. Europe gets all the good shit.

Yeah, I bought my WiiU for 299 with New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi U

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (61592 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah, I bought my WiiU for 299 with New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi U

You can get that in the US for $299 too

#9 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3897 posts) -

If they made a custom Mario Kart Wii U console and/or Gamepad I would buy another Wii U.

#10 Posted by santoron (8047 posts) -

It's not really a great deal. This is expected to cost €299 ($413.61), which is in line with other 32GB bundles with a pack-in game. Compare that to the €225 ($311.24) for the 32GB model with Nintendoland available on Amazon and you'd save money buying that model and MK8 separately, and with an extra game to boot!

#11 Edited by freedomfreak (43502 posts) -
@santoron said:

It's not really a great deal. This is expected to cost €299 ($413.61), which is in line with other 32GB bundles with a pack-in game. Compare that to the €225 ($311.24) for the 32GB model with Nintendoland available on Amazon and you'd save money buying that model and MK8 separately, and with an extra game to boot!

You won't get that nice looking box though.

#12 Posted by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -

If I had it to do over again I would have waited for this bundle instead of buying it at launch. WiiU is hitting its stride and MK8 is my most anticipated game this gen.

#13 Posted by charizard1605 (61592 posts) -

@santoron said:

It's not really a great deal. This is expected to cost €299 ($413.61), which is in line with other 32GB bundles with a pack-in game. Compare that to the €225 ($311.24) for the 32GB model with Nintendoland available on Amazon and you'd save money buying that model and MK8 separately, and with an extra game to boot!

Amazon (and other retailers) choose to sell Wii U bundles at prices less than RRP- they can similarly choose to sell this one for less than RRP as well, in fact they almost certainly will.

That aside, a Mario Kart bundle's existence will get people interested. Seeing Mario Kart on the box will prompt the less informed customer to simply pick it up, and the more informed customer to look for a better deal to pick up a Wii U alongside a copy of Mario Kart, and save some money in the process like you said. In both cases, it's a sale.

#14 Edited by NVIDIAking (34 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Very good.

They should also do it for NA. Europe gets all the good shit.

Aye I agree

Normally I hate Mario/Mario Kart games but Mario Kart 8 looks pretty interesting after I watched a video of "8 reasons why Mario Kart will be amazing" over at IGN.

#15 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19279 posts) -

So a rumor from a random site in france confirms what now?

#16 Posted by charizard1605 (61592 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

So a rumor from a random site in france confirms what now?

I'm sure the picture itself means nothing.

Also, it's not a 'random' French site, it's a pretty damn big site.

#17 Posted by commonfate (12834 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

So a rumor from a random site in france confirms what now?

What's wrong with France?

#18 Posted by Netret0120 (2871 posts) -

This should move a few units but I highly doubt it will sell enough to make much of a difference. Sad really because it seems like a nice deal for ninty fans but even if i had the money to spend, i would not purchase a wii u.

#19 Posted by santoron (8047 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@santoron said:

It's not really a great deal. This is expected to cost €299 ($413.61), which is in line with other 32GB bundles with a pack-in game. Compare that to the €225 ($311.24) for the 32GB model with Nintendoland available on Amazon and you'd save money buying that model and MK8 separately, and with an extra game to boot!

Amazon (and other retailers) choose to sell Wii U bundles at prices less than RRP- they can similarly choose to sell this one for less than RRP as well, in fact they almost certainly will.

That aside, a Mario Kart bundle's existence will get people interested. Seeing Mario Kart on the box will prompt the less informed customer to simply pick it up, and the more informed customer to look for a better deal to pick up a Wii U alongside a copy of Mario Kart, and save some money in the process like you said. In both cases, it's a sale.

Perhaps, but they'd have to be "less informed" enough to not be really wanting a WiiU enough to search for them on the most popular shopping site in the world, and a passionate enough MarioKart fan to blow 400 bucks for it without a further thought. Maybe that's a big demographic, but I have my doubts.

#20 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17516 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah, I bought my WiiU for 299 with New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi U

You can get that in the US for $299 too

But it was out in Europe first :p

This one will be too it seems, I'm sure it'll come to the US too.

#21 Posted by musicalmac (23635 posts) -

I'm not sure I'd call it aggressive as I would the final test before Nintendo decides whether or not to drop the price across the board.

#22 Edited by Zaraxius (221 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Very good.

They should also do it for NA. Europe gets all the good shit.

Including fascist dictatorships and oppressive communist regimes.

#23 Posted by resevl4rlz (3287 posts) -

still waiting for a collectors edition like Japan/UK is getting and Canada

#24 Posted by MonsieurX (31680 posts) -

All they need is a price drop with that bundle

#25 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28046 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Very good.

They should also do it for NA. Europe gets all the good shit.

No kidding. In the GameCube era, the EU got a MK DD/Zelda Collector's Edition bundle (which I picked up used for way cheaper than I expected: £5, which was $8 US at the time).

#26 Posted by charizard1605 (61592 posts) -

@santoron said:

@charizard1605 said:

@santoron said:

It's not really a great deal. This is expected to cost €299 ($413.61), which is in line with other 32GB bundles with a pack-in game. Compare that to the €225 ($311.24) for the 32GB model with Nintendoland available on Amazon and you'd save money buying that model and MK8 separately, and with an extra game to boot!

Amazon (and other retailers) choose to sell Wii U bundles at prices less than RRP- they can similarly choose to sell this one for less than RRP as well, in fact they almost certainly will.

That aside, a Mario Kart bundle's existence will get people interested. Seeing Mario Kart on the box will prompt the less informed customer to simply pick it up, and the more informed customer to look for a better deal to pick up a Wii U alongside a copy of Mario Kart, and save some money in the process like you said. In both cases, it's a sale.

Perhaps, but they'd have to be "less informed" enough to not be really wanting a WiiU enough to search for them on the most popular shopping site in the world, and a passionate enough MarioKart fan to blow 400 bucks for it without a further thought. Maybe that's a big demographic, but I have my doubts.

Fair enough. I just feel like this should spark at least some interest in the system is all, really.

#27 Posted by IamAdorable (407 posts) -

Excellent. I hope this will move some units. I'm very excited for the game :p

#28 Edited by Zassimick (7117 posts) -

@zaraxius said:

@freedomfreak said:

Very good.

They should also do it for NA. Europe gets all the good shit.

Including fascist dictatorships and oppressive communist regimes.

#29 Posted by inb4uall (6515 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

It will move some units sure, not enough to get out of its destined last place this gen.

So long as we get a varied library of 1st party nintendo games I really couldn't care less. I think as the gen stretches on though the wii U will give microsoft a run for their money at the very least. If especially if they cut support for the Xbone early like the 360.

#30 Posted by monson21502 (8107 posts) -

i would get that bundle if it would be 199 and came with the biggest memory card or what ever they use as storage for the wii u

#31 Edited by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

i want a wii u now.

#32 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3224 posts) -

Hmm, fairly enticing. I'll probably buy the Wii U within the next year once it has a good backlog of titles. I rarely do that, (I bought the Xbox One in Jan and the PS4 at launch) but I just can't get excited about the Wii U enough to pull the trigger.

#33 Posted by Heil68 (47174 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

It will move some units sure, not enough to get out of its destined last place this gen.

So long as we get a varied library of 1st party nintendo games I really couldn't care less. I think as the gen stretches on though the wii U will give microsoft a run for their money at the very least. If especially if they cut support for the Xbone early like the 360.

WiiU will be far in last place I predict, guess we'll see.

I have grown tired of Nintedno's first party personally, but I've played them since the NES days.

#34 Posted by inb4uall (6515 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

It will move some units sure, not enough to get out of its destined last place this gen.

So long as we get a varied library of 1st party nintendo games I really couldn't care less. I think as the gen stretches on though the wii U will give microsoft a run for their money at the very least. If especially if they cut support for the Xbone early like the 360.

WiiU will be far in last place I predict, guess we'll see.

I have grown tired of Nintendo's first party personally, but I've played them since the NES days.

And here I thought you were a "true gamer" Heil.

#35 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19279 posts) -

@applefan1991 said:

Hmm, fairly enticing. I'll probably buy the Wii U within the next year once it has a good backlog of titles. I rarely do that, (I bought the Xbox One in Jan and the PS4 at launch) but I just can't get excited about the Wii U enough to pull the trigger.

You mean the ZR button, Gamepad doesn't have a trigger

#36 Edited by Heil68 (47174 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

@inb4uall said:

@Heil68 said:

It will move some units sure, not enough to get out of its destined last place this gen.

So long as we get a varied library of 1st party nintendo games I really couldn't care less. I think as the gen stretches on though the wii U will give microsoft a run for their money at the very least. If especially if they cut support for the Xbone early like the 360.

WiiU will be far in last place I predict, guess we'll see.

I have grown tired of Nintendo's first party personally, but I've played them since the NES days.

And here I thought you were a "true gamer" Heil.

I am, and getting franchise fatigue is part of that dont you think? I'm not the only one who thinks that either. Not a knock on Nintendo really either,

#37 Posted by AznbkdX (3569 posts) -

That's good as long as it's the same price as the game with the system.

I'm not totally sure on the balance of customer to discounted bundle vs. game separate with higher price considering. One will net you less gains but more customers, but is that better than maybe risking having a similar amount of customers for a full price version? Honestly mostly people with the system will probably buy anyway, so it would probably be best to keep it similar just to get some money back.

#38 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7876 posts) -
@AznbkdX said:

That's good as long as it's the same price as the game with the system.

I'm not totally sure on the balance of customer to discounted bundle vs. game separate with higher price considering. One will net you less gains but more customers, but is that better than maybe risking having a similar amount of customers for a full price version? Honestly mostly people with the system will probably buy anyway, so it would probably be best to keep it similar just to get some money back.

All of their systems come with a game now. It's $300 whether you are getting Wind Waker, Mario/Luigi U, or now Mario Kart.

#39 Edited by AznbkdX (3569 posts) -
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@AznbkdX said:

That's good as long as it's the same price as the game with the system.

I'm not totally sure on the balance of customer to discounted bundle vs. game separate with higher price considering. One will net you less gains but more customers, but is that better than maybe risking having a similar amount of customers for a full price version? Honestly mostly people with the system will probably buy anyway, so it would probably be best to keep it similar just to get some money back.

All of their systems come with a game now. It's $300 whether you are getting Wind Waker, Mario/Luigi U, or now Mario Kart.

Well that's good. I always thought bundling games for a lower price from the very get go is just a bad business move for a floundering system.

I'm honestly not expecting a huge uptick past the first few months so it would be best to keep it at the same $300 line.

#40 Posted by KBFloYd (14675 posts) -

dat desperation.

hope it works out for them.

#41 Posted by 2Chalupas (5320 posts) -

I'd buy this.

For $99 US dollars.

#42 Posted by FinalFighters (1923 posts) -

damn, i was kinda hoping for a Limited edition RED Wii U MK8 bundle. oh well.

#43 Posted by inb4uall (6515 posts) -

@2Chalupas said:

I'd buy this.

For $99 US dollars.

Yes because the wii U is only worth $40. Your a fool.

#44 Posted by Spartan070 (16380 posts) -

Package it with Metroid Prime 4 and I'm sold...

#45 Posted by Spartan070 (16380 posts) -

@FinalFighters said:

damn, i was kinda hoping for a Limited edition RED Wii U MK8 bundle. oh well.

Seriously what happened to limited edition consoles???

I've always sought them out. If they release a halo 5 X1 I'll rebuy it and give mine to someone, same for a sweet PS4, maybe red or gold please!

#46 Posted by Guy_Brohski (495 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

At the very least, Europe is getting a bundle. This is an amazingly aggressive move, and comes much sooner than many, including myself, predicted.

Will Mario Kart 8 move any Wii Us?

SOURCE

If true, this should assure Wii U's continued sales dominance over Xbox One. Even more so if the bundle is released in more territories.

#47 Posted by stuff238 (948 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@2Chalupas said:

I'd buy this.

For $99 US dollars.

Yes because the wii U is only worth $40. Your a fool.

Maybe he thinks the wii U is worth $98 and mario kart 8 is only worth $1? It's his opinion bro.

#48 Posted by FinalFighters (1923 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@FinalFighters said:

damn, i was kinda hoping for a Limited edition RED Wii U MK8 bundle. oh well.

Seriously what happened to limited edition consoles???

I've always sought them out. If they release a halo 5 X1 I'll rebuy it and give mine to someone, same for a sweet PS4, maybe red or gold please!

yeah, same here. Im selling my PS4 in a heartbeat if/when they release a limited edition MGS5: Phantom Pain PS4 bundle.

#49 Posted by inb4uall (6515 posts) -

@stuff238 said:

@inb4uall said:

@2Chalupas said:

I'd buy this.

For $99 US dollars.

Yes because the wii U is only worth $40. Your a fool.

Maybe he thinks the wii U is worth $98 and mario kart 8 is only worth $1? It's his opinion bro.

You can make the claim that everyone is entitled to an opinion. That doesn't mean that it is the correct one or that it is not founded on ignorance. If nintendo were selling MK8 and a Wii U deluxe for $99 it would be at a huge loss.

#50 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2347 posts) -

Im wondering if 1 games is enough for me to buy the wii u. I mean I still never played earthbound but is it worth me buying a console that seems to be on its deathbed?