Mario Kart 8 bundle confirmed N. America (steering wheel!)

#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (19288 posts) -

A Mario Kart 8 Wii U is headed to North America May 30 at a suggested retail price of $329.99, Nintendo announced today.

The bundle, which you can see below, will include a Wii U Deluxe system, Mario Kart 8, a red Mario Wii Wheel controller and a red Mario Wii Remote Plus controller.

Nintendo also announced that those who buy Mario Kart 8 and register the game with Club Nintendo before July 31 will receive an eShop download code any one of the following games: New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD or Wii Party U. The offer also applies to those who purchase the Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/30/5667726/mario-kart-8-wii-u-bundle-north-america-release-date-price

Makes me think I should've waited for a bundle!

#2 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7876 posts) -

That's a pretty good deal if you don't already have a Wii Mote+.

#3 Posted by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

Do you think you Sheep can consolidate your MK8 threads into 1-2 threads instead of flooding the board like this is the Nintendo boards?

I know you're desperate for sales (and attention for the struggling Wii U) but no Cow, Lemming or Hermit flood the board with 5-7 threads for the same game the way you are doing.

#4 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7876 posts) -

@speak_low said:

Do you think you Sheep can consolidate your MK8 threads into 1-2 threads instead of flooding the board like this is the Nintendo boards?

I know you're desperate for sales (and attention for the struggling Wii U) but no Cow, Lemming or Hermit flood the board with 5-7 threads for the same game the way you are doing.

It's not like there are other games coming out soon that need the space.

#5 Edited by HitmanActual (425 posts) -

Lol at that steering wheel. What a fucking bargain.

#6 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26397 posts) -

wait you buy Mario Kart 8 and you GET another game FREE?

#7 Edited by SolidGame_basic (19288 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

yep. any of the four they listed; digital only

#8 Posted by yokofox33 (30344 posts) -

I'd be more excited for an actual collector's edition of the game. Even if it was something simple like a nicer box and art book.

#9 Posted by ocidax (769 posts) -

@hitmanactual: A free game and a Wii Remote plus. A least, read the article.

#10 Edited by m_machine024 (15156 posts) -

@hitmanactual said:

Lol at that steering wheel. What a fucking bargain.

lol but it also includes a Wii motion plus controller. Good deal I think.

#11 Posted by PonchoTaco (2643 posts) -

@speak_low said:

LOL. You must be new here.

#12 Posted by ocidax (769 posts) -

@PonchoTaco: Yeap. Member since 2013

#13 Edited by charizard1605 (61637 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

To be clear, the free game is digital only, but it doesn't matter whether you get Mario Kart 8 digitally or at retail

#14 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19288 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

To be clear, the free game is digital only, but it doesn't matter whether you get Mario Kart 8 digitally or at retail

thanks for catching that. too early lol

#15 Posted by coasterguy65 (6273 posts) -

Might be worth it for the wii-mote...they can keep the stupid steering wheel.

I'm going to guess that MK8 will be a digital download version?

#16 Posted by resevl4rlz (3287 posts) -

yet no limited edition or collectors edition for america

#17 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9759 posts) -

@speak_low said:

Ever heard of XboxDone?

#18 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3806 posts) -

That's a nice bundle, love the Mario Wiimote. I want it.