Mario Golf: World Tour to have DLC/Season Passes

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Mario1331 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Great value.

Yep, cut half the content out then release at a later date for $15. At least we know how they plan on staying afloat.

Go complain about 4-6 hour shooters priced at $60 a pop. Oh wait, that's not Nintendo, never mind...

Two things...

thing 1 I'm not a fps fanatic. I mean I play them, but it isn't my fave genre. I prefer action adventure games.

thing 2 I end up picking up most of my fps at very low prices.

That's because they're rental-value only. Mario Golf will have hundreds of hours of gameplay. Compare the content of Mario Golf: World Tour to, say, Mario Golf for the N64. You're getting what you pay for.

To me it will depend on how good the physics are for the game, and I'll be the judge of that. Let's see if it can live up to Hot Shots Golf.

did you just say hot shot golf? lol

Sorry to break it to you. Hot shot golf has mopped the floor with any of nintendo's golf games. Though I don't expect you to admit such thing, living in denial seems to be the main characteristic of you nintendo faithful. Do I put a "lol" at the end now? Seems best to learn from you guys.

in what? sales?reviews? its cool to have an opinion but Mario Golf Toadstool Tour mops the floor with all hot shot golf games to me

i haven't seen a hot shot golf game in years. no need to have your panties in a bunch

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

The last Hot shot golf game was released on Feb 2012, want to guess when was the last release of mario golf? 2004 on game boy advance, so much for that.

The best part is the end of your post. Some how I'm trembling with anger, and I have a mountain of panties. What is it with you people, this place was made to have discussions. I'm not angry, sad, annoyed, and neither are you, we're just having a talk.

Though I wouldn't mind if you fold my panties.

@Mario1331 said:

in what? sales?reviews? its cool to have an opinion but Mario Golf Toadstool Tour mops the floor with all hot shot golf games to me

i haven't seen a hot shot golf game in years. no need to have your panties in a bunch

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@lbjkurono23 said:

Though I wouldn't mind if you fold my panties.

Kinky, baby!

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

108 holes, not courses, that translates to 6 actual courses.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Source: Gamespot

A total of 108 courses all separated through different packs + a new playable character each pack = $15 (TOTAL)

I've really no idea what to make of this, but I do like that they are giving trials on them (and at the very least, aren't on-disc or, for that matter, on-cart).

That article clearly says 108 holes, not courses. Check it again.

----

As far as DLC from Nintendo, here's my take.

Not a dime will go to Nintendo from users like me for anything digital until Nintendo sort their accounts out.

They have had since the Gamecube to start taking notes for online gaming. They had the entire Wii generation to take notes on how to handle DLC, but if they are making money of users to continue to keep RE-buying digital copies, well no wonder. We are now in the Wii U generation and the competition has a much better understanding.

I love Nintendo, I bought their NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U at launches. Same for handhelds. But while I did buy games on Wii VC, I did so out of ignorance and it was only this generation that I realized how backwards their digital policies truly are. I hope more people wake up because if enough people vote with their wallets, Nintendo will have no choice but to look at Steam, GOG, PSN, XBL, etc and conform to consumer demands.

I will continue buying physical retail copies of 3DS and Wii U games, but I won't buy anything from their online store until they fix this anti consumer account nonsense. It's a shame, as I would love to support their online store...and I know I speak for vast number of RL friends as well.

I think some people are too young or naive and simply just don't understand the Nintendo Network online-account issue.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Oh this deal isnt great then. Its pretty suspect to announce this before the games even released

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bigboi500

That's a lot of holes...

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Capitan_Kid said:

Looks like Nintendo discovered Day 1 DLC and Season Passes

The never used to have any of this for their games. Now that the Wii U is selling like crap they have to make up for the lose of profits and this is one of the ways to do it. I'm still going to get Mario Golf: World Tour. I was waiting for this to come to the Wii, but it never happened.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

Well looks like nintendo finally "got with the times"

I just hope people knew what that really meant

Hell yes about time they started expanding their games with post release content. Though as SolidTy says I'd need their account system to be fixed before I actually buy any of it.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#60 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
@locopatho said:

@Shinobishyguy said:

Hell yes about time they started expanding their games with post release content. Though as SolidTy says I'd need their account system to be fixed before I actually buy any of it.

My, how the times have changed. When Half Life 2 first came out, people everywhere were bashing the Steam account system. Look at it now.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@hiphops_savior said:
@locopatho said:

@Shinobishyguy said:

My, how the times have changed. When Half Life 2 first came out, people everywhere were bashing the Steam account system. Look at it now.

Look at how Valve can change the TOS at any time, even affecting prior purchases.

Well, I'm going to suck it up and likely buy the Mario Golf stuff. First, it isn't a bad deal--reminds me of the old Warcraft 2 expansion packs. I will say that my biggest issue with Nintendo is the eshop setup, at the moment. I don't understand how it is legal, actually. I have a wiiu and 3ds. You can buy the same game for both consoles. Fine right? It would potentially make sense if you were buying the game itself, but it specifically states you are buying a license to play the game. Fine again, right? If, say, I were buying one from Nintendo and the other from, say, amazon(hypothetical) then yes. However, how can a business sell yo the same product on the same service, twice--that sounds like it is pushing some legal boundaries.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

This isn't what people meant. When people say Nintendo needs to get with the times, they're talking about accounts not tied to hardware, a modern, universal online infrastructure incorporated across all software, and offering hardware that isn't 8 years old. I don't think so many are that against DLC given its success elsewhere, but nobody's saying they desire shitty business practices.

But now this being the case, Nintendo now doing this while still refusing to put our accounts in the cloud makes them much worse than those all greedy, corporate evildoers at Sony and MS who apparently don't give two hoots about us. Strikes me that the one who really couldn't care less about their customers is Ninty. At least now we can stop with this nonsensical notion that Iwata is some sort of "gamer's CEO" messiah that stands up against these practices.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@DocSanchez said:

Here come the excuses!

Excuses for what? Who needs an excuse? This is some of the most consumer-friendly DLC in the industry. The competition certainly isn't offering this kind of value in its add-ons.

What?

Consumer friendly DLC? You mean God forbid something happens to my machine I have to 'file, copy, and send Nintendo a police report in order to regain access to my games' type friendly? Instead of just logging in on another system to be able to access all of my DLC to DL wherever I wish I have to call Nintendo and PROVIDE them with evidence of MY content to be given permission to get it?

**** that bullshit. How anyone can even say Nintendo's DLC is consumer friendly (much less some of the most) blows my mind. They have the least consumer friendly DLC in existence, price included. This is very basic stuff other companies that offer digital goods have gotten past ten+ years ago.

You cannot get more anti-consumer than refusing to give people proper accounts for their digital purchases, and until Nintendo does it doesn't matter what their prices are they'll remain the most consumer hostile digital provider out there.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@MirkoS77: You're absolutely right about that. Nintendo's account system is atrocious. What I'm referring to, though, is pricing. The price of Nintendo's DLC is unparalleled in the video game industry. Seeing that I don't have more than one of every Nintendo console in my home and I take extremely good care of my stuff, worrying about losing digital purchases isn't a huge concern for me. That said, you're getting no argument from me that Nintendo needs to implement a unified account system... I don't like that Nintendo doesn't think I own my digital content, and it's one of the reasons I continue to buy physical copies of games.

But for the purpose of my original comment, their pricing is excellent. 15$ to almost double the content of a standard retail release is unheard of, when so many games require an investment of over 100$ if you want to see everything a game has to offer (that's referring to the price of the full game and all of its add-ons, btw). If there's one thing Nintendo's actually bested their competition with, in terms of online, its pricing.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@MirkoS77: You're absolutely right about that. Nintendo's account system is atrocious. What I'm referring to, though, is pricing. The price of Nintendo's DLC is unparalleled in the video game industry. Seeing that I don't have more than one of every Nintendo console in my home and I take extremely good care of my stuff, worrying about losing digital purchases isn't a huge concern for me. That said, you're getting no argument from me that Nintendo needs to implement a unified account system... I don't like that Nintendo doesn't think I own my digital content, and it's one of the reasons I continue to buy physical copies of games.

But for the purpose of my original comment, their pricing is excellent. 15$ to almost double the content of a standard retail release is unheard of, when so many games require an investment of over 100$ if you want to see everything a game has to offer (that's referring to the price of the full game and all of its add-ons, btw). If there's one thing Nintendo's actually bested their competition with, in terms of online, its pricing.

Your Nintendo bias must be clouding your vision. $15 for 6 courses is not even a good price. Consumer friendly? That's basically comparable to what EA was charging last gen for DLC in Tiger Woods - except EA's courses are actually licensed and have to recreate their real-life counterparts - which I'm sure is actually much harder to please golf fans with than to create some fictional mario world or princess peach course. EA also offered alot MORE courses - which is why the total of a game such as that could get over $100 if you purchased absolutely everything.

For comparison sake, Tiger Woods golf typically includes like 17-20 real life courses standard. And while buying the courses piecemeal is a ripoff, you can buy the "collectors" edition with 5 extra courses for just $10 more, and I believe there have been other packages of multiple courses in the $10-20 range (in TW I think the total courses must be approaching 30 in some versions, between the base game and the DLC). And again, those are licensed real life courses...

Of course if you want to compare to Hot Shots Golf, I do believe the last versions of that game have been very "content-lite". So I'm not saying the Nintendo game is a particularly bad deal, just that it is basically falling in line to the same DLC pricing standard as their competitors. To consider it more "consumer friendly" is a joke. This is nothing but Nintendo experimenting with the *exact same* DLC price strategies as their competitors and 3rd parties have been doing for years.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Have they announced how many courses will be in the vanilla game?

108 holes translate to 6 full courses as some have mentioned. $2.50 a course if it's $15. Not exactly sure if I'll bite, but it sounds more attractive than a few reskinned maps or cosmetic DLC most games offer.

I'll wait until the game is released/more information about content in vanilla game before I take a side - although I do tend to skip on games with Season Passes/DLC heavy on PC until a complete version is released.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Bigboi500

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/24/review-mario-golf-world-tour-a-hole-in-one/

Dualshockers gave it a very positive review. They say the DLC is "done right, like Fire Emblem: Awakening".

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@hiphops_savior said:
@locopatho said:

@Shinobishyguy said:

Yes, it's called new technology. Everything new scares people. People hated cars and kept their horses. So fucking what. Now we all drive cars and can buy awesome new digital expansions to our favourite games. Keeping them alive and fun for longer than ever before.