March:Which game will sell more? Infamous Second Son or TitanFall?

• 54 results
Posted by TigerSuperman (1835 posts) 3 months, 17 days ago

Poll: March:Which game will sell more? Infamous Second Son or TitanFall? (57 votes)

TitanFall 77%
Infamous Second Son 23%

NPD is a coming, but we are not talking about hardware this thread. It's the flag ship march gaming software battle thread.

Titanfall has been pushed aggressively to push Xbox Ones.

Infamous Second Son has bundled in select countries, and is on a console that has a slightly larger install base (assumingly since we have no numbers)

Which of these games will sell more over all?

\The winners get.... To say they were correct! A wonderful prize!

#1 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

Titanfall already eclipsed Infamous on X1 alone.

#2 Posted by lostrib (31532 posts) -

well NPD only counts retail, so it will not be definitive anyways

#3 Edited by lglz1337 (3011 posts) -

titanfall on 3 systems vs Infamous on 1

uhmmm

overhyped vs not overhyped

really hard to guess which one sold more

a better question would be how much Xbones did titanfall move

#4 Posted by Chutebox (36183 posts) -

Titanfall.

#5 Posted by lostrib (31532 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

uhmmm

Overhyped? really?

#6 Edited by lundy86_4 (42648 posts) -

I doubt we'll get solid figures for either game, if we get any at all.

#7 Posted by IamAdorable (381 posts) -

I'm rooting for Delsin :p

#8 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10024 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Yep. Neither of my copies of Titanfall or InFamous will be counted as they are both downloaded.

#9 Posted by tonitorsi (8112 posts) -

One Exclusive, versus a Multiplat with higher audience reach.

#10 Posted by regnaston (189 posts) -

One Exclusive, versus a Multiplat with higher audience reach.

I am sure they will breakdown the numbers to show how it sold on each platform.

Dont worry the XB1 version alone will outsell Infamous (I would guess by double)

#11 Posted by Vatusus (4225 posts) -

Titanfall, definitely

Its hype and marketing was something like I've never seen before. And it was in two platforms aswell.

If Infamous sells even close to it, it would be a huge victory for sony to compete with such an overhyped and overmaketed game and still managing to sell well

#12 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Titanfall out longer....released on 2 systems vs 1....

This is a toughie.

#13 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

Titanfall out longer....released on 3 systems vs 1....

This is a toughie.

#14 Edited by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

Titanfall obviously. The question is not whether Titanfall sold well it's whether its sales are able to help Xbone for more than a month. I'm thinking March NPD for Xbone will be the best it can possibly be and then fall off a cliff in April. The hype with Titanfall is extremely high, easily eclipsing Infamous but unfortunately for M$ XBone is a POS and not even Titanfall can save it.

#15 Posted by iloveatlus (247 posts) -

Geez I wonder. A multiplatform with huge marketed & huge hype vs an exclusive with little marketing & small hype.

#16 Posted by KBFloYd (12743 posts) -

its actually only 2 systems this march cows...

3rd system(360) is april.

#17 Posted by cainetao11 (15823 posts) -

Not really fair as titanfall was available on two platforms, one of which has no concrete user base numbers, but is potentially massive.

#18 Posted by cainetao11 (15823 posts) -

@lglz1337: titanfall isn't on 3 platforms until tomorrow. But agreed its a skewed comparison because it was on two in march

#19 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

uhmmm

a better question would be how much Xbones did titanfall move

X1 version is already ahead of infamous alone. deal with it

#20 Edited by cablemodemx2 (800 posts) -

Titanfall, both for the fact that it's being released on multiple systems, and that multiplayer games tend to have more lasting power than single player ones.

#21 Posted by charizard1605 (54385 posts) -

Titanfall, obviously

And it being on multiple systems has nothing to do with it- it was only released for PC in addition to Xbox One (the Xbox 360 version delayed to April), and PC retail sales are negligibly low.

#22 Posted by ChristianGmr14 (135 posts) -

Probably Titanfall because it's being released on multiple systems.

#23 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5884 posts) -

Lol no contest. Game with a emo hipster ain't hit Shiz on my Titan.

#24 Edited by silversix_ (13554 posts) -

I wish Dark Souls 2 crushed them both combined

#25 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (892 posts) -

Infamous: Emo hipster sold really nice for a boring ass game. could be worse.

#26 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

XB1/PC release will always sell a lot for an interesting game, if you add Xbox 360 to the equation it'd be hard for anything to outsell such a game.

#27 Posted by hoyalawya (330 posts) -
#28 Posted by FastRobby (772 posts) -

Titanfall on Xbox One will outsell Infamous on PS4, without the PC and Xbox 360 sales.

#29 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25817 posts) -

Titanfall by far.

#30 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

Titanfall obviously. The question is not whether Titanfall sold well it's whether its sales are able to help Xbone for more than a month. I'm thinking March NPD for Xbone will be the best it can possibly be and then fall off a cliff in April. The hype with Titanfall is extremely high, easily eclipsing Infamous but unfortunately for M$ XBone is a POS and not even Titanfall can save it.

I doubt Titanfall falls off a cliff as word of mouth is very good. Obviously sales will fall, and then rise again when the new DLC is named. All that you can ask of a new IP is that it is a really good game and is enjoyed. All else is BS in the long run as the quality of the game will always shine through all hype. Titanfall sold very well on the One and PC and the One will likely win NPD in March. What more can you ask of a new IP in its first month? MS needs to see that a price drop is what will spur sales to stay stronger more than any one game. I expect a $100 to $150 price drop at E3. That, along with a shit ton of exclusives and more Kinect-centric apps like Twitch Broadcasting and Upload Studio, as well as the NFL app being ready for an entire season now will all go a long way in making the One stronger, even as it will likely still trail behind the PS4 in sales this year.

#31 Posted by RossRichard (2305 posts) -

Titanfall, duh. It is a multiplat.

#32 Posted by Wasdie (49320 posts) -

Titanfall is a multiplat and had a lot more hype so Titanfall.

Even I bought Titanfall and I have yet to purchase SS.

#33 Posted by jimmarko21876 (413 posts) -

Titanfall easily as it's multi. It will be a blowout if bundles are included on Titanfall sales.

#34 Posted by Heil68 (42622 posts) -

Titanfall is a multiplat

#35 Posted by slim70 (300 posts) -

Hmm.. lets see, one game is exclusive to just one platform while the other is on 3 different platforms. It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure this out.

#36 Posted by Twizded (96 posts) -

Unfortunatly Titanfall. Why can't more people be tired of shooters like I am?

#37 Edited by Shewgenja (7931 posts) -

Titanfall is multiplat. Even though the 360 version hadn't launched, PC did and that will inflate the numbers.

#38 Posted by lostrib (31532 posts) -

@Shewgenja: doesn't NPD just do retail? I doubt the oc version will inflate numbers that much

#39 Posted by Shewgenja (7931 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja: doesn't NPD just do retail? I doubt the oc version will inflate numbers that much

Well, if Infamous does somehow manage to win in software sales, it will be insane.

#40 Posted by jsmoke03 (12485 posts) -

titanfall....hell they practically gave that game away. its why i have an xbox1 now. i still had more fun with infamous though

#41 Posted by StormyJoe (4577 posts) -

Total, or just PS4 vs XB1?

#42 Posted by vashkey (33666 posts) -

Titanfall is on three platforms, had more marketing and hype and is arguably the better game, so yeah, Titanfall.

Infamous is like one of Sony's midtier franchises.

#43 Posted by jsmoke03 (12485 posts) -

@vashkey said:

Titanfall is on three platforms, had more marketing and hype and is arguably the better game, so yeah, Titanfall.

they dont treat it like its a midtier. any advertising you see from sony means they make a big deal out of it since they dont advertise their games at all.

#44 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16043 posts) -

Titanfall, not because it's the better game, but because it's out on 3 systems.

#45 Posted by bezza2011 (2215 posts) -

The real question is how much did Microsoft lose, bundling Titanfall with xbox one for free?

#46 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

The real question is how much did Microsoft lose, bundling Titanfall with xbox one for free?

Any losses on price reductions/game bundles will be made up in the long run on Live, services, and DLC. MS needs to just drop the One to $400 or even better $350. Not saying they will suddenly vault past the PS4 in sales, but they will maintain a consistent sales increase at those price points. Easier for me to say seeing as how Im not a stock holder, but they seriously have to know that gamers buy based on price and quality games. Game wise they are doing very good at the moment. Price wise, nope. Hit the right price and keep Kinect and they will be fine. I truly believe the key to helping the One gain momentum is a price drop while keeping Kinect in the box. Those that have no interest in it can simply never turn it on, but at least they won't have to pay for it anymore, and could maybe pick up a few bucks by selling it. Price drop is key, especially after what I think will be a very, very strong E3 on the games front.

#47 Edited by iloveatlus (247 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@bezza2011 said:

Any losses on price reductions/game bundles will be made up in the long run on Live, services, and DLC. MS needs to just drop the One to $400 or even better $350. Not saying they will suddenly vault past the PS4 in sales, but they will maintain a consistent sales increase at those price points. Easier for me to say seeing as how Im not a stock holder, but they seriously have to know that gamers buy based on price and quality games. Game wise they are doing very good at the moment. Price wise, nope. Hit the right price and keep Kinect and they will be fine. I truly believe the key to helping the One gain momentum is a price drop while keeping Kinect in the box. Those that have no interest in it can simply never turn it on, but at least they won't have to pay for it anymore, and could maybe pick up a few bucks by selling it. Price drop is key, especially after what I think will be a very, very strong E3 on the games front.

Sir Obvious, you should be the head of Microsoft, or maybe sony, or nintendo, or appel, or samsung

#48 Posted by TigerSuperman (1835 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Yes it would. Unless it's really close.

Titanfall, obviously

And it being on multiple systems has nothing to do with it- it was only released for PC in addition to Xbox One (the Xbox 360 version delayed to April), and PC retail sales are negligibly low.

A better perspective

@slim70 said:

Hmm.. lets see, one game is exclusive to just one platform while the other is on 3 different platforms. It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure this out.

But it takes an idiot to think that the game is going to be counted on 3 platforms for March NPD...

Titanfall is multiplat. Even though the 360 version hadn't launched, PC did and that will inflate the numbers.

By maybe 5%

@vashkey said:

No it's not on 3 platforms in march.

Probably nothing much if any. but we'll find out on the 24th.

#50 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

By volume I would say Titandfall, for sure. It has the largest possible install base. On platform to platform, I'd guess TF on PC leads, with Infamous and TF on X1 being close.