March:Which game will sell more? Infamous Second Son or TitanFall?

  • 54 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TigerSuperman
Posted by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) 2 years, 4 months ago

Poll: March:Which game will sell more? Infamous Second Son or TitanFall? (57 votes)

TitanFall 77%
Infamous Second Son 23%

NPD is a coming, but we are not talking about hardware this thread. It's the flag ship march gaming software battle thread.

Titanfall has been pushed aggressively to push Xbox Ones.

Infamous Second Son has bundled in select countries, and is on a console that has a slightly larger install base (assumingly since we have no numbers)

Which of these games will sell more over all?

\The winners get.... To say they were correct! A wonderful prize!

Avatar image for lancex2
#1 Posted by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

Titanfall already eclipsed Infamous on X1 alone.

Avatar image for lostrib
#2 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

well NPD only counts retail, so it will not be definitive anyways

Avatar image for lglz1337
#3 Edited by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

titanfall on 3 systems vs Infamous on 1

uhmmm

overhyped vs not overhyped

really hard to guess which one sold more

a better question would be how much Xbones did titanfall move

Avatar image for Chutebox
#4 Posted by Chutebox (40601 posts) -

Titanfall.

Avatar image for lostrib
#5 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

titanfall on 3 systems vs Infamous on 1

uhmmm

overhyped vs not overhyped

really hard to guess which one sold more

Overhyped? really?

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#6 Edited by lundy86_4 (47143 posts) -

I doubt we'll get solid figures for either game, if we get any at all.

Avatar image for IamAdorable
#7 Posted by IamAdorable (407 posts) -

I'm rooting for Delsin :p

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#8 Posted by R3FURBISHED (11310 posts) -

@lostrib said:

well NPD only counts retail, so it will not be definitive anyways

Yep. Neither of my copies of Titanfall or InFamous will be counted as they are both downloaded.

Avatar image for tonitorsi
#9 Posted by tonitorsi (8676 posts) -

One Exclusive, versus a Multiplat with higher audience reach.

Avatar image for regnaston
#10 Posted by regnaston (348 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

One Exclusive, versus a Multiplat with higher audience reach.

I am sure they will breakdown the numbers to show how it sold on each platform.

Dont worry the XB1 version alone will outsell Infamous (I would guess by double)

Avatar image for Vatusus
#11 Posted by Vatusus (6061 posts) -

Titanfall, definitely

Its hype and marketing was something like I've never seen before. And it was in two platforms aswell.

If Infamous sells even close to it, it would be a huge victory for sony to compete with such an overhyped and overmaketed game and still managing to sell well

Avatar image for PinkieWinkie
#12 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

Titanfall out longer....released on 2 systems vs 1....

This is a toughie.

Avatar image for misterpmedia
#13 Posted by misterpmedia (5972 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

Titanfall out longer....released on 3 systems vs 1....

This is a toughie.

Avatar image for I_can_haz
#14 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Titanfall obviously. The question is not whether Titanfall sold well it's whether its sales are able to help Xbone for more than a month. I'm thinking March NPD for Xbone will be the best it can possibly be and then fall off a cliff in April. The hype with Titanfall is extremely high, easily eclipsing Infamous but unfortunately for M$ XBone is a POS and not even Titanfall can save it.

Avatar image for iloveatlus
#15 Posted by iloveatlus (599 posts) -

Geez I wonder. A multiplatform with huge marketed & huge hype vs an exclusive with little marketing & small hype.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#16 Posted by KBFloYd (15600 posts) -

its actually only 2 systems this march cows...

3rd system(360) is april.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#17 Posted by cainetao11 (26743 posts) -

Not really fair as titanfall was available on two platforms, one of which has no concrete user base numbers, but is potentially massive.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#18 Posted by cainetao11 (26743 posts) -

@lglz1337: titanfall isn't on 3 platforms until tomorrow. But agreed its a skewed comparison because it was on two in march

Avatar image for lancex2
#19 Posted by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

titanfall on 3 systems vs Infamous on 1

uhmmm

overhyped vs not overhyped

really hard to guess which one sold more

a better question would be how much Xbones did titanfall move

X1 version is already ahead of infamous alone. deal with it

Avatar image for cablemodemx2
#20 Edited by cablemodemx2 (997 posts) -

Titanfall, both for the fact that it's being released on multiple systems, and that multiplayer games tend to have more lasting power than single player ones.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#21 Posted by charizard1605 (74660 posts) -

Titanfall, obviously

And it being on multiple systems has nothing to do with it- it was only released for PC in addition to Xbox One (the Xbox 360 version delayed to April), and PC retail sales are negligibly low.

Avatar image for christiangmr14
#22 Posted by ChristianGmr14 (157 posts) -

Probably Titanfall because it's being released on multiple systems.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#23 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Lol no contest. Game with a emo hipster ain't hit Shiz on my Titan.

Avatar image for silversix_
#24 Edited by silversix_ (22193 posts) -

I wish Dark Souls 2 crushed them both combined

Avatar image for Opus_Rea-333
#25 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (1236 posts) -

Infamous: Emo hipster sold really nice for a boring ass game. could be worse.

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#26 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

XB1/PC release will always sell a lot for an interesting game, if you add Xbox 360 to the equation it'd be hard for anything to outsell such a game.

Avatar image for hoyalawya
#27 Posted by hoyalawya (344 posts) -

Titanfall Xbox One outsold Infamous SS in the UK during the week ending 4/5/2014 despite being out one week longer and PS4 sold more than Xbox One. Guess which game has more legs.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#29 Posted by nintendoboy16 (30759 posts) -

Titanfall by far.

Avatar image for shawn30
#30 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Titanfall obviously. The question is not whether Titanfall sold well it's whether its sales are able to help Xbone for more than a month. I'm thinking March NPD for Xbone will be the best it can possibly be and then fall off a cliff in April. The hype with Titanfall is extremely high, easily eclipsing Infamous but unfortunately for M$ XBone is a POS and not even Titanfall can save it.

I doubt Titanfall falls off a cliff as word of mouth is very good. Obviously sales will fall, and then rise again when the new DLC is named. All that you can ask of a new IP is that it is a really good game and is enjoyed. All else is BS in the long run as the quality of the game will always shine through all hype. Titanfall sold very well on the One and PC and the One will likely win NPD in March. What more can you ask of a new IP in its first month? MS needs to see that a price drop is what will spur sales to stay stronger more than any one game. I expect a $100 to $150 price drop at E3. That, along with a shit ton of exclusives and more Kinect-centric apps like Twitch Broadcasting and Upload Studio, as well as the NFL app being ready for an entire season now will all go a long way in making the One stronger, even as it will likely still trail behind the PS4 in sales this year.

Avatar image for RossRichard
#31 Posted by RossRichard (3407 posts) -

Titanfall, duh. It is a multiplat.

Avatar image for Wasdie
#32 Posted by Wasdie (52190 posts) -

Titanfall is a multiplat and had a lot more hype so Titanfall.

Even I bought Titanfall and I have yet to purchase SS.

Avatar image for jimmarko21876
#33 Posted by jimmarko21876 (428 posts) -

Titanfall easily as it's multi. It will be a blowout if bundles are included on Titanfall sales.

Avatar image for Heil68
#34 Posted by Heil68 (55702 posts) -

Titanfall is a multiplat

Avatar image for slim70
#35 Posted by slim70 (768 posts) -

Hmm.. lets see, one game is exclusive to just one platform while the other is on 3 different platforms. It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure this out.

Avatar image for twizded
#36 Posted by Twizded (463 posts) -

Unfortunatly Titanfall. Why can't more people be tired of shooters like I am?

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#37 Edited by Shewgenja (15411 posts) -

Titanfall is multiplat. Even though the 360 version hadn't launched, PC did and that will inflate the numbers.

Avatar image for lostrib
#38 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Shewgenja: doesn't NPD just do retail? I doubt the oc version will inflate numbers that much

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#39 Posted by Shewgenja (15411 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja: doesn't NPD just do retail? I doubt the oc version will inflate numbers that much

Well, if Infamous does somehow manage to win in software sales, it will be insane.

Avatar image for jsmoke03
#40 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

titanfall....hell they practically gave that game away. its why i have an xbox1 now. i still had more fun with infamous though

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#41 Posted by StormyJoe (7460 posts) -

Total, or just PS4 vs XB1?

Avatar image for vashkey
#42 Posted by vashkey (33779 posts) -

Titanfall is on three platforms, had more marketing and hype and is arguably the better game, so yeah, Titanfall.

Infamous is like one of Sony's midtier franchises.

Avatar image for jsmoke03
#43 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

@vashkey said:

Titanfall is on three platforms, had more marketing and hype and is arguably the better game, so yeah, Titanfall.

Infamous is like one of Sony's midtier franchises.

they dont treat it like its a midtier. any advertising you see from sony means they make a big deal out of it since they dont advertise their games at all.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#44 Posted by R4gn4r0k (22393 posts) -

Titanfall, not because it's the better game, but because it's out on 3 systems.

Avatar image for bezza2011
#45 Posted by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

The real question is how much did Microsoft lose, bundling Titanfall with xbox one for free?

Avatar image for shawn30
#46 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

The real question is how much did Microsoft lose, bundling Titanfall with xbox one for free?

Any losses on price reductions/game bundles will be made up in the long run on Live, services, and DLC. MS needs to just drop the One to $400 or even better $350. Not saying they will suddenly vault past the PS4 in sales, but they will maintain a consistent sales increase at those price points. Easier for me to say seeing as how Im not a stock holder, but they seriously have to know that gamers buy based on price and quality games. Game wise they are doing very good at the moment. Price wise, nope. Hit the right price and keep Kinect and they will be fine. I truly believe the key to helping the One gain momentum is a price drop while keeping Kinect in the box. Those that have no interest in it can simply never turn it on, but at least they won't have to pay for it anymore, and could maybe pick up a few bucks by selling it. Price drop is key, especially after what I think will be a very, very strong E3 on the games front.

Avatar image for iloveatlus
#47 Edited by iloveatlus (599 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@bezza2011 said:

The real question is how much did Microsoft lose, bundling Titanfall with xbox one for free?

Any losses on price reductions/game bundles will be made up in the long run on Live, services, and DLC. MS needs to just drop the One to $400 or even better $350. Not saying they will suddenly vault past the PS4 in sales, but they will maintain a consistent sales increase at those price points. Easier for me to say seeing as how Im not a stock holder, but they seriously have to know that gamers buy based on price and quality games. Game wise they are doing very good at the moment. Price wise, nope. Hit the right price and keep Kinect and they will be fine. I truly believe the key to helping the One gain momentum is a price drop while keeping Kinect in the box. Those that have no interest in it can simply never turn it on, but at least they won't have to pay for it anymore, and could maybe pick up a few bucks by selling it. Price drop is key, especially after what I think will be a very, very strong E3 on the games front.

Sir Obvious, you should be the head of Microsoft, or maybe sony, or nintendo, or appel, or samsung

Avatar image for TigerSuperman
#48 Posted by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) -

@lostrib said:

well NPD only counts retail, so it will not be definitive anyways

Yes it would. Unless it's really close.

@charizard1605 said:

Titanfall, obviously

And it being on multiple systems has nothing to do with it- it was only released for PC in addition to Xbox One (the Xbox 360 version delayed to April), and PC retail sales are negligibly low.

A better perspective

@slim70 said:

Hmm.. lets see, one game is exclusive to just one platform while the other is on 3 different platforms. It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure this out.

But it takes an idiot to think that the game is going to be counted on 3 platforms for March NPD...

@Shewgenja said:

Titanfall is multiplat. Even though the 360 version hadn't launched, PC did and that will inflate the numbers.

By maybe 5%

@vashkey said:

Titanfall is on three platforms, had more marketing and hype and is arguably the better game, so yeah, Titanfall.

Infamous is like one of Sony's midtier franchises.

No it's not on 3 platforms in march.

@bezza2011 said:

The real question is how much did Microsoft lose, bundling Titanfall with xbox one for free?

Probably nothing much if any. but we'll find out on the 24th.

Avatar image for shellcase86
#50 Posted by shellcase86 (2646 posts) -

By volume I would say Titandfall, for sure. It has the largest possible install base. On platform to platform, I'd guess TF on PC leads, with Infamous and TF on X1 being close.