Man Resident Evil 5 is a beast.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3Breeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3Breeder
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts

I love playing this game co-op the graphics are awesome. And i love the boss battles. this game doesnt get enoguh credit imo.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
lol where have you been all this time? I haven't played Re5 yet, so I can't give an honest opinion about the game
PS3Breeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PS3Breeder
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"]lol where have you been all this time? I haven't played Re5 yet, so I can't give an honest opinion about the game

i still havent brought the game just played bits and pieces of it at my friends house.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I wish it wasn't Co-op.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

I enjoyed the game thoroughly. I do have my problems with Resident Evil in its current state, but I still enjoy the gameplay and the story.

Digital_716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Digital_716
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I don't like that you can't walk & shoot at the same time.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I enjoyed the game thoroughly. I do have my problems with Resident Evil in its current state, but I still enjoy the gameplay and the story.

lundy86_4

I agree, while its not RE1 or 2, its still a very fun game with fun gameplay, nice graphics and a very interesting story

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22864 Posts

I concure... i seriously want to look any reviewer in the eye who rated this game below a 9 and ask how? it was a 9 plus throughout... sorry, it was.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I'm about half way through the game (co-op) and I'm really enjoying it so far. The controls aren't as bad as I was expecting, my major problem with them being that not being able to move with the knife out is quite possibly the dumbest design choice ever. The story is kind of non-existent for me, but that is probably because it is my first RE game. Unless the game changes much in the later half of the story, I think it is a solid 4/5.
DrHyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#10 DrHyde
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
I have issues with the co-op settings that don't allow an offline second player to do anything with Sheva's inventory insofar as upgrading or selling, otherwise a fun and tough game to beat.
Dewey-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dewey-B
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I would purchase the game for the mercenaries section only. I loved the RE4 mercenaries and played it for years and the one in 5 is great also.
Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mr_Nordquist
Member since 2009 • 1777 Posts

I really like it, and don't mind the controls. Do wish it was scarier though

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Its a good game, but its lacking in a lot of things. The story is almost non existant, me and my friend were playing coop and about half way through the game we both asked each other wtf was going on in the game. Its fun, but idc about the characters. It got better in the last few levels, easily the best, but they had way to much crap in the game.

blackeneddeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blackeneddeath
Member since 2008 • 930 Posts

Though i have been enjoying the game thoroghly since i have gotten it, this so far has been my least favorite RE in the series( i am not counting the spinoffs). Though coop is a lot of fun, playing with AI sheva can be one of the most frustrating experiences until you learn which items to give her. The story is also a lot less engaging in this and feels like the developers tried too hard to do the same as what RE4 was and yet feels like they did a worse job at it. Though i have been enjoying the experience so far, it just failed to overly impress me which all the others have succeeded in doing b4

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Fantastic but somewhat frustrating game on your own, but in co-op it's a beast. I had a friend over and he'd never played an RE game before or really used a PS controller either, yet he was still better than Shiva, lol. But yeah great co-op, only way to really play RE:5 because, otherwise it's just to frustrating having to rely on a trigger happy Shiva who wastes all your ammo, but then when you take it away from her dies too easily becasue she'll try to kill everything with a knife.

itzagir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 itzagir
Member since 2008 • 726 Posts

Its a good game, but its lacking in a lot of things. The story is almost non existant, me and my friend were playing coop and about half way through the game we both asked each other wtf was going on in the game. Its fun, but idc about the characters. It got better in the last few levels, easily the best, but they had way to much crap in the game.

Sully28
the story was great. you just didnt get it. You either didn't listen to the dialogs or you are probably one of those people who didnt read the files and wonders why Jill is now blonde. That or you havent played many/any RE games.
blackeneddeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blackeneddeath
[QUOTE="itzagir"][QUOTE="Sully28"]

the story was great. you just didnt get it. You either didn't listen to the dialogs or you are probably one of those people who didnt read the files and wonders why Jill is now blonde. That or you havent played many/any RE games.

i have played every single RE game... this is by far the least engaging and players could easily skim through it as he has... He never said it was bad etc. just its hard to notice if you arent paying attention while playing
Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
Fun game indeed.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

blackeneddeath

i have played every single RE game... this is by far the least engaging and players could easily skim through it as he has... He never said it was bad etc. just its hard to notice if you arent paying attention while playing

Yeah. I did not feel like reading through 11 20+ page documents. They could have added more story to the game.

One thing about the game is that it is repetitive. Nonstop warzone, the 2nd half of the game is like the end of Killzone 2.

itzagir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 itzagir

blackeneddeath

hahahahahaha, play re one. seriously, that game's tory was hilarious, in a bad way. Remember chris's "NOOOOO;DONT GOO!", or Barry's "A jill sandwich" and "take it, you master of unlocking, can do some unlocking". It had a poor scipt, and even worse interpreation. RE's story became enaging in CV only. And the stoy was pretty engaging in 5 imo, read all the files here is tons of backstory. Also read the screens in the labs and stuff. Tons of stuff to find out.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The demo was decent but from what I've heard about the game I have no interest in playing it.

blackeneddeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blackeneddeath
[QUOTE="blackeneddeath"][QUOTE="itzagir"] the story was great. you just didnt get it. You either didn't listen to the dialogs or you are probably one of those people who didnt read the files and wonders why Jill is now blonde. That or you havent played many/any RE games.itzagir

hahahahahaha, play re one. seriously, that game's tory was hilarious, in a bad way. Remember chris's "NOOOOO;DONT GOO!", or Barry's "A jill sandwich" and "take it, you master of unlocking, can do some unlocking". It had a poor scipt, and even worse interpreation. RE's story became enaging in CV only. And the stoy was pretty engaging in 5 imo, read all the files here is tons of backstory. Also read the screens in the labs and stuff. Tons of stuff to find out.

You forgot the "Albert Wesker Betrayed us all... OWWWW" And i am not saying the story is bad... I am saying its less engagin. and READING TONS OF LAB NOTES AND "STUFF" is not engaging whatsoever!!! Though they do bring a ton of information, the average person picking this game up is most likely not going to bother reading 3-4 screens of text per notebook especially with how many of them laying around through out the game.
itzagir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 itzagir
[QUOTE="itzagir"][QUOTE="blackeneddeath"] i have played every single RE game... this is by far the least engaging and players could easily skim through it as he has... He never said it was bad etc. just its hard to notice if you arent paying attention while playingblackeneddeath

You forgot the "Albert Wesker Betrayed us all... OWWWW" And i am not saying the story is bad... I am saying its less engagin. and READING TONS OF LAB NOTES AND "STUFF" is not engaging whatsoever!!! Though they do bring a ton of information, the average person picking this game up is most likely not going to bother reading 3-4 screens of text per notebook especially with how many of them laying around through out the game.

Well if a random person buys this game he mustnt have much knowledge about other RE game. Why would you buy the closing of a series with 6 games witout knowing anything about it in the first place? :? If they do it's their fault and they should read, ycan finish the RE history documents in 15 minutes.. that and u can read th documents u pick up in 1-2 mins.. not Capcom's fault so many people are lazy/10 years old.
itzagir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 itzagir
btw disregard my typos. my keyboard is not working poperly.
blackeneddeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blackeneddeath
[QUOTE="blackeneddeath"][QUOTE="itzagir"] hahahahahaha, play re one. seriously, that game's tory was hilarious, in a bad way. Remember chris's "NOOOOO;DONT GOO!", or Barry's "A jill sandwich" and "take it, you master of unlocking, can do some unlocking". It had a poor scipt, and even worse interpreation. RE's story became enaging in CV only. And the stoy was pretty engaging in 5 imo, read all the files here is tons of backstory. Also read the screens in the labs and stuff. Tons of stuff to find out.itzagir

Well if a random person buys this game he mustnt have much knowledge about other RE game. Why would you buy the closing of a series with 6 games witout knowing anything about it in the first place? :? If they do it's their fault and they should read, ycan finish the RE history documents in 15 minutes.. that and u can read th documents u pick up in 1-2 mins.. not Capcom's fault so many people are lazy/10 years old.

Still... reading notes in-game imo is a horrible game design... espicially if its the main way the game is presenting its story, it totally screws up the pacing of the action and though you may call people lazy for not reading them it does not change the fact that putting notes in for the story is an absolute chore on the person playing the game, especially with today's standards in gaming.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#26 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

It sure is. I'm having a blast with it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm playing it and having a blast, I'm half way through on my first play through but it's not as good as RE 4 imo. For the most part Shiva is pretty smart. Only a few times has she done something totally stupid so far.

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="blackeneddeath"][QUOTE="itzagir"] the story was great. you just didnt get it. You either didn't listen to the dialogs or you are probably one of those people who didnt read the files and wonders why Jill is now blonde. That or you havent played many/any RE games.Kahuna_1

Yeah. I did not feel like reading through 11 20+ page documents. They could have added more story to the game.

One thing about the game is that it is repetitive. Nonstop warzone, the 2nd half of the game is like the end of Killzone 2.

So JRPG's of old don't have much for story because you have to read?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Yes, in co-op is awesome. In SP... meh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Dont listen to the Sheep hating on it, they are just jealous casualsFirstDiscovery
Would you kindly point out which "sheep" have hated it?
PurpleHaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PurpleHaze89
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

I'm playing it and having a blast, I'm half way through on my first play through but it's not as good as RE 4 imo. For the most part Shiva is pretty smart. Only a few times has she done something totally stupid so far.

Bigboi500
Wait untill you play on Professionell on the last few levels.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Dont listen to the Sheep hating on it, they are just jealous casualsIronBass

The Sheep are against anything not on their system Buh buh teh HD is teh crap. Buh buh teh shooterz are teh crap (oh wait thats all changed because of Conduit). Buh buh teh online is teh crap (again all changed with conduit). Buh buh teh graphix sux (again changed with Conduit) Yeah you get the drift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Dont listen to the Sheep hating on it, they are just jealous casualsFirstDiscovery

The Sheep are against anything not on their system Buh buh teh HD is teh crap. Buh buh teh shooterz are teh crap (oh wait thats all changed because of Conduit). Buh buh teh online is teh crap (again all changed with conduit). Buh buh teh graphix sux (again changed with Conduit) Yeah you get the drift

Since I haven't seen any simmilar comment as the ones you mention in a very long time, no, I don't get it.