Major Nelson & friends talk "Your Xbox One"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MrXboxOne (679 posts) -
#2 Posted by YD_11 (1523 posts) -

Gotta admit.. I'll probably disappear from this site for a while come the 22nd.. maybe i'll pop on to make a few comments about how awesome the X1 experience is but we will see

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (27048 posts) -

Great alt name you got there

#4 Posted by Spartan070 (16133 posts) -

Great alt name you got there

Probably a convert...

#5 Posted by donalbane (15849 posts) -

Sweet action. Kinect is looking better and better. Can't wait to listen to Xbox music while playing a game.

#6 Posted by QUIKnEZ (1679 posts) -

@mrxboxone:

Good vid...

And unghhhh Emily, gone biometrically recognize dat azz!

#7 Edited by -Red-Cell- (251 posts) -

The UI capabilities are really starting to sway me. I don't care about kinect for games, but the voice control, recognition, etc is pretty appealing.

#8 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

The UI capabilities are really starting to sway me. I don't care about kinect for games, but the voice control, recognition, etc is pretty appealing.

I like the idea of the profile recognition for games.

I don't know how many times I've had to reset controls in games like Halo because so many people use the same Xbox, and shared Xbox Live profiles, and all that.

Would love to be able to just sit down, and it's like "Oh hey, treedoor is playing." and then it adjusts all the settings to exactly what I had them set at the last time I hopped on.

#9 Edited by silversix_ (12548 posts) -

call me when it can play games in 1080p without using current gen shitty textures. Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Kinect, Ryse LOL, Apps is all you hear about X1 these days.

#10 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

call me when it can play games in 1080p without using current gen shitty textures. Apps, Apps, Apps, Apps, Kinect, Ryse LOL, Apps is all you hear about X1 these days.

This is XB1, not PS4

#11 Edited by silversix_ (12548 posts) -
#12 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13454 posts) -

TV, TV, TV, TV, SPORTS.

#13 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@SonofK: sadly is the case, yes.

Ok, just making sure, since PS4 had to degrade it's textures and performance to reach 1080p

#14 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

awesome, can't wait.

#15 Edited by _VenomX (1613 posts) -

Great now ALT-TABBING on PC is now a feature on next-gen console! How innovative!

#16 Edited by nexus303 (204 posts) -

@_VenomX said:

Great now ALT-TABBING on PC is now a feature on next-gen console! How innovative!

When was the last time you ALT Tabbed by voice ?

#17 Edited by sukraj (20600 posts) -

I'm so excited to use my Xbox One and Kinect and I cant wait to play all those lovely exclusives on the X1.

#18 Posted by ccagracing (734 posts) -

That does look pretty good, what is the most impressive aspect is the speed of which it switched between the games, apps or video's. I kinda think Sony have missed a trick here as the user interface on PS4 is very basic looking and developing something better and putting an extra £20 on the price of the console to recoup costs may have been an option. I noticed in Chris & Danny's live demo yesterday that allow only Chris was signed in and the Playstation eye was taking voice commands from both of them which could cause issues with People yelling Playstation Home etc..