Mafia 2 on PS3 has bonus content, Xbox 360 version looks better

This topic is locked from further discussion.

txtman8094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 txtman8094
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I was going to get it Xbox 360 now I'm getting it on my PS3, its not just just a change of decision, here watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57TKyh6lc_0 the PS3 version comes with bonus content built in the disc I believe and free DLC. Tell me which one you are going to get :)
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Well they are trying to make it up to PS3 users since they couldn't give them grass. :P

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Well they are trying to make it up to PS3 users since they couldn't give them grass.

I think they should give PS3 a "Grass Pack" DLC. :P

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

honestly this game is basically getting more attention on the grass then the actual game itself and its sad thats how gaming is nowadays, i'm renting the ps3 version btw, when i played the demo i thought it looked fine and it wasn't until that big grass debate did i notice the grass and i still don't care. But to each his own

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
To be honest, I didn't notice the grass :P I just don't notice things like that unless i'm actually looking for them. But since I didn't notice and I had a great time with the demo, I won't bother me.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
well it all boils down to what you want more, extra DLC or Grass,ummmm, tuff decision,lol
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts

honestly this game is basically getting more attention on the grass then the actual game itself and its sad thats how gaming is nowadays, i'm renting the ps3 version btw, when i played the demo i thought it looked fine and it wasn't until that big grass debate did i notice the grass and i still don't care. But to each his own

Chris_Williams
The PS3 version looked pretty poor compared to the 360 judging from the images in one of the other Mafia 2 threads. :/ I'd be annoyed just like I'd be annoyed if I had to play the PS3 version of RDR.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrmusicman247
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

SparkyProtocol
The PS3 version looked pretty poor compared to the 360 judging from the images in one of the other Mafia 2 threads. :/ I'd be annoyed just like I'd be annoyed if I had to play the PS3 version of RDR.

The PS3 version of RDR is fine. If your one of those people who likes to look at every detail of the game, yeah there's a difference. But not much.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

SparkyProtocol

guess what? i didn't have two tv's running next to each other running the demo and your going based off images in which it was just a bad pic which was blown up, the ps3 version is fine and yeah it might not be as nice as the pc version or 360 version, it still looks good to me and i'm renting it so its not a big deal
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#10 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts

[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

mrmusicman247

The PS3 version of RDR is fine. If your one of those people who likes to look at every detail of the game, yeah there's a difference. But not much.

I am when it comes to console games... kind of

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrmusicman247
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] The PS3 version looked pretty poor compared to the 360 judging from the images in one of the other Mafia 2 threads. :/ I'd be annoyed just like I'd be annoyed if I had to play the PS3 version of RDR.

I am when it comes to console games.

Well then I recommend going to PC gaming. You wouldn't have to compare two different versions and you'll always have the superior version.
mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts
It's between PC/PS3 for me if reviews are nice, I'd hit the PS3 version if they fixed that motion-sickness-inducing screen tears.
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Dat der Personal Computer is gonna win

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

Well they are trying to make it up to PS3 users since they couldn't give them grass.

I think they should give PS3 a "Grass Pack" DLC. :P

Blazerdt47
I admit I lol'd at that On Topic. If there's exclusive DLC up for grabs then thats the version I'll go for
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Extra content or grass? That is no brainer.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34805 Posts

Have you tried the PS3 demo? Me and my friend agreed that it looked like crap. He was also going to get the PS3 version, but not anymore.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

Mite go xbox on this one, i'm seriously into the visual element of games...

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

Though I feel rather obvious saying this, that PC version, yeah, it's the version to get. It has grass and no screen tearing! You get the best of both worlds!

txtman8094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 txtman8094
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
What would you rather want extra content or grass? free dlc or grass? seriously what it all comes down to is the game play thats why every version of a PS3 multi plat gets DLC and extra content, because they cant make it look like the 360 version.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Have you tried the PS3 demo? Me and my friend agreed that it looked like crap. He was also going to get the PS3 version, but not anymore.

Litchie

The only thing wrong with the ps3 version is screen tearing, but that appears to be across all platforms. Well, other than that it wasn't very good, but that's hardly a platform issue.