M$ sink to new low, literally breaking the law now

  • 169 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Edited by Shewgenja (7932 posts) -

@Strutten said:

@Shewgenja: by whom ? Forum dwellers that spin everything into "the bad/worse" pretty much like you.. and do i dare to say any major sony fanboy/cow here.. why do you guys care so much about ms/xbox? Its not that its doing anything remotely close to any of you. You "guys" are just on (i can't form an opinion of my own, ill just jump the hate wagon) instead just enjoy the meaning of gaming ffs lol ?. This is a very smart move and pure business. And with that said every cow (mostly) seems to be educated in, how to make a console/develop games or just know how the law aka pure business works, or pretend that sales actually matter to them.. you "guys" are really something, get a new hobby or give it a rest. play the damn games instead.

again whats with the pure harted towards a company, and why care so much bout it, when you already got the console of your choice ?

That's where you are wrong. I like Microsoft plenty. I use a 100% legal copy of Windows 7 on my gaming PC. Microsoft Studios has made some amazing games for PC as well. Flight Simulator is also a load of fun with a good setup. I also happen to do a lot of Windows server administration where I work. So, I kind of get a paycheck because of Microsoft.

The brand isn't the problem. XBox is. Don't get it twisted. I know a lot of people on here just hate MS. To some degree, their business practices have brought that on. Look up 'Halloween Documents' sometime. Time and time again, I get heaped in with some frothing at the mouth fanboy fuckery, but that's the real problem with dealing with me. I have been gaming long enough to know better. Microsoft could have done a whole lot for gaming, but their goals with XBox are not in line with my desires as a gamer. It's just as simple as that, really. They're legitimately fucking up. I just call it out.

So, the real question is.. Why does it always turn personal? I mean.. So what if I call the XBox out on its bullshit? Do gamers owe allegiance to a system whose architects admitted they sacrificed gaming performance for multimedia functionality? Is it incumbent upon me to stay quiet when an underhanded contract is used to astroturf Youtube in a grab for brand recognition? Let's cut the shit.. Should we all have just stood silent while "always online" and 24 hour check-in was going on as well?? Don't worry about me. You worry about you. The problem isn't that "Cows" are hating on the XBone. That would be a simple problem to have. The problem is that people have sane and rational reasons to distrust and even detest of the XBox right now. Soon, it's you guys that are going to have to start listening and not the other way around.

#152 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149475 posts) -

@Strutten said:

@Shewgenja: by whom ? Forum dwellers that spin everything into "the bad/worse" pretty much like you.. and do i dare to say any major sony fanboy/cow here.. why do you guys care so much about ms/xbox? Its not that its doing anything remotely close to any of you. You "guys" are just on (i can't form an opinion of my own, ill just jump the hate wagon) instead just enjoy the meaning of gaming ffs lol ?. This is a very smart move and pure business. And with that said every cow (mostly) seems to be educated in, how to make a console/develop games or just know how the law aka pure business works, or pretend that sales actually matter to them.. you "guys" are really something, get a new hobby or give it a rest. play the damn games instead.

again whats with the pure harted towards a company, and why care so much bout it, when you already got the console of your choice ?

That's where you are wrong. I like Microsoft plenty. I use a 100% legal copy of Windows 7 on my gaming PC. Microsoft Studios has made some amazing games for PC as well. Flight Simulator is also a load of fun with a good setup. I also happen to do a lot of Windows server administration where I work. So, I kind of get a paycheck because of Microsoft.

The brand isn't the problem. XBox is. Don't get it twisted. I know a lot of people on here just hate MS. To some degree, their business practices have brought that on. Look up 'Halloween Documents' sometime. Time and time again, I get heaped in with some frothing at the mouth fanboy fuckery, but that's the real problem with dealing with me. I have been gaming long enough to know better. Microsoft could have done a whole lot for gaming, but their goals with XBox are not in line with my desires as a gamer. It's just as simple as that, really. They're legitimately fucking up. I just call it out.

So, the real question is.. Why does it always turn personal? I mean.. So what if I call the XBox out on its bullshit? Do gamers owe allegiance to a system whose architects admitted they sacrificed gaming performance for multimedia functionality? Is it incumbent upon me to stay quiet when an underhanded contract is used to astroturf Youtube in a grab for brand recognition? Let's cut the shit.. Should we all have just stood silent while "always online" and 24 hour check-in was going on as well?? Don't worry about me. You worry about you.

It's not going to change a thing....though you are right. I've been called a cow lots of times because I criticize what MS has done/is doing/wanted to do this gen. Never mind that I have both of their other consoles. In SW you have to worship consoles blindly.

#153 Edited by tormentos (16441 posts) -

@KungfuKitten said:

So if MS paid a GS reviewer under the table to only give good scores, you would be OK with that? There are a gazillion youtubers out there who review games or have a small following of people who value their opinion.

You said it. Small.

There are a few with a sizable following, and it is up to them to do what they want (within legal terms). You're getting close to slippery slope territory, which isn't good. At the end of the day, this is business, and it's how it works. If credible reviewers wish to side with a company (legally), why should I give a shit? It's a viable tactic. It sucks to say, but is morality a large part of business anymore?

Stop damage control is illegal period is sony does it,kmart,MS google no matter who does it is illegal and no the FTC will do sh** unless complains start coming and since they have so many cases i don't think 3 or 4 morons reporting this will get attention it most be several people.

This totally illegal but not something that surprise people after all this is MS,they even lie about surface performance to investors and that is even more illegal and can bring the some real problems.

Ignoring what they did and even pretending is legal,it was a desperation move by MS which claim the xbox one is selling well,so apparently sales are not where MS want them to be,or the xbox one even with the ton of money MS has trow at it in publicity still trail the PS4 badly in the popular opinion.

And we can see why MS is that desperate on October 2013 the 10 most popular brands on Youtube didn't even show the xbox one,while the PS4 was second.

#154 Posted by Shewgenja (7932 posts) -

It's not going to change a thing....though you are right. I've been called a cow lots of times because I criticize what MS has done/is doing/wanted to do this gen. Never mind that I have both of their other consoles. In SW you have to worship consoles blindly.

These people pointing fingers around as an argument are going to be in for a real rough ride. I edited my post to make that even clearer. If they think things are bad now and that Cows are just bullying the XBox, wait til fresh faces pop up saying the same things. Sometimes, a bad idea is just bad. While the older established System Warriors are predictably saying what they say, there is a world full of people who are making their decisions. This is only the beginning.

#155 Edited by speedfog (2852 posts) -

Nobody cares

#156 Edited by Snugenz (11405 posts) -

This sad the xbox one is and that desperate MS is,no one is buying the whole xbox one is selling great crap,it sold 2 3rds of the consoles in US and is been badly outsold every where else,while also been outsold in US.

The fact that they can't disclose that they are under pay basically says it all,if they do this with normal people and in the open you can just imagine how much they most be paying reviewers at least some of them for scores.

3 mil is bad?.

God cows have gone off the deep end this gen with their stupidity, it's almost painful to watch.

#157 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15874 posts) -

@speedfog said:

Nobody cares

Says the guy bumping the "M$ sink to new low, literally breaking the law now" thread with 144 posts above him.

#158 Edited by Snugenz (11405 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@KungfuKitten said:

Well you should be a MS employee. Some of us have souls. If they want to sell out then they can wave their income goodbye. I am reporting every fucker I find on YT who tries to get away with this.

lol, okay. I don't have a soul.

You report 'em, please. Keep me updated via PM, on how your crazy tirade comes along. Thanks.

Yeah keep me updated to KunfuKitten you altruistic son of a bitch. Keep fighting the good fight you soulfull bastard.

#159 Posted by shawn30 (4290 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

It's not going to change a thing....though you are right. I've been called a cow lots of times because I criticize what MS has done/is doing/wanted to do this gen. Never mind that I have both of their other consoles. In SW you have to worship consoles blindly.

These people pointing fingers around as an argument are going to be in for a real rough ride. I edited my post to make that even clearer. If they think things are bad now and that Cows are just bullying the XBox, wait til fresh faces pop up saying the same things. Sometimes, a bad idea is just bad. While the older established System Warriors are predictably saying what they say, there is a world full of people who are making their decisions. This is only the beginning.

This is only the beginning of a new gen, nothing more. Controversies come and go, as well as apologies from companies over dumb decisions made, ect. No one feels Cows are bullying anyone. Its the pro-Sony fans that are unbelievably unreasonable about any news that isn't pro-Sony. To the degree that its nearly impossible to have anything resembling a conversation over gaming news/gossip cause apparently Sony can do no wrong and Nintendo/MS can do no right. Its about reasonable arguments more than anything else. Even here on a place as crazy as SW sometimes there can be a exchange of opinions minus blind unwavering love that Cows show Sony.

And yes there are Lem, Sheep, and Hermits who do the exact same things.

Microsoft has made a shit-ton of mistakes with the Xbox One, and a ton right as I am greatly enjoying my system. They aren't now, have ever been, or will ever be anything other than a cut throat 200 billion dollar behemoth who wants my money. And they will get it if they continue to deliver games/features/services I enjoy. I hold no illusion that they care about me any further than the money in my pocket, but there are Cows here they act as though Sony is their grandmother and offers hugs and cookies. Sony is no different than MS outside of not having much money. They have both made bonehead mistakes and been bitch-slapped for it and both comeback and offer new things that are better. We can argue all day about what game or system is better or why. Opinions fuel this place. I just wish there were more reasonable posters. Oh well.

#160 Posted by El_Garbanzo (273 posts) -

Best part about this fiasco is the apologist xbots damage controlling all over the place, posting links to some 10 years old articles about sony doing it too LMAO. C GUIS SONY DOES IT TOO ITS OK!

#161 Posted by lglz1337 (3012 posts) -

MS is scam

#162 Edited by lamprey263 (22428 posts) -

oh dear, MS along with like 100% of the advertising industry

#163 Posted by Shielder7 (4656 posts) -

"may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima"

Does that mean I can't point out Doritos are technically Genetically Modified so you can't eat just one?

#164 Edited by leandrro (700 posts) -

The link says that it "might" be breaking said FTC law. Your title is a little melodramatic.

Now, the fact that they are specifically linking themselves to MS via the publicly visible tag, sort of undermines the point.

why the tag is now "MICROSOFT PAYED ADVERTISEMENT" ? instead its a secret misterious code that nobody had realised what it means untill now

#165 Edited by lundy86_4 (42648 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Stop damage control is illegal period is sony does it,kmart,MS google no matter who does it is illegal and no the FTC will do sh** unless complains start coming and since they have so many cases i don't think 3 or 4 morons reporting this will get attention it most be several people.

This totally illegal but not something that surprise people after all this is MS,they even lie about surface performance to investors and that is even more illegal and can bring the some real problems.

Ignoring what they did and even pretending is legal,it was a desperation move by MS which claim the xbox one is selling well,so apparently sales are not where MS want them to be,or the xbox one even with the ton of money MS has trow at it in publicity still trail the PS4 badly in the popular opinion.

And we can see why MS is that desperate on October 2013 the 10 most popular brands on Youtube didn't even show the xbox one,while the PS4 was second.

Specifically explain how it is illegal. The article even said that it maybe illegal. Ghostwarrior did a decent job, but adding the code shows that it is for MS. It is exactly like BPoole said:

@BPoole96 said:

They're going to argue that having the tag on the video alleviates them from breaking the law, and the FCC will have to argue that your average person does not know what that tag signifies.

If this went anywhere, both have a decent argument. It's not black and white illegal, as Youtube users must show it's for Microsoft.

Dude, you need to stop riding Sony so hard.

#166 Posted by Tlgersuperman (87 posts) -

Tons of sites jumping ahead of time to blame MS for what MA did. Even with this MS will still get the bigger chunk of the hate pie.

#167 Edited by speedfog (2852 posts) -

@speedfog said:

Nobody cares

Says the guy bumping the "M$ sink to new low, literally breaking the law now" thread with 144 posts above him.

Except you, you are the only one that cares.

#168 Edited by Gue1 (9118 posts) -

"may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima"

Does that mean I can't point out Doritos are technically Genetically Modified so you can't eat just one?

I think they are augmented with crack or something to make you addicted to it. Although never liked Mountain Dew. That beverage's taste is just like drinking water with sugar.

#169 Posted by Shielder7 (4656 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Shielder7 said:

"may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima"

Does that mean I can't point out Doritos are technically Genetically Modified so you can't eat just one?

I think they are augmented with crack or something to make you addicted to it. Although never liked Mountain Dew. That beverage's taste is just like drinking water with sugar.

Sadly I wasn't joking. I'm a Biotechnologist and pro GMO as they can GMO bananas to give you a HEP B vaccine for 3rd world countries. But there is a dark side to GMO and long story sort Doritos as well as a few other brand have done studies and GMOed there product accordingly to increase appetite and make sure you keep shoving your face full and as long as they don't modify it below 90 some % they don't have to say anything.

#170 Edited by bezza2011 (2215 posts) -

link

do non of you realize this happens with pretty much every thing in gaming to an extent alot of companies do this

#171 Posted by messedupworld (119 posts) -
#172 Edited by Krelian-co (9994 posts) -

@tlgersuperman said:

Tons of sites jumping ahead of time to blame MS for what MA did. Even with this MS will still get the bigger chunk of the hate pie.

because they wouldn't do this amirite? poor lems and their excuses.

#173 Posted by StormyJoe (4577 posts) -
#174 Posted by tormentos (16441 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@tormentos said:

This sad the xbox one is and that desperate MS is,no one is buying the whole xbox one is selling great crap,it sold 2 3rds of the consoles in US and is been badly outsold every where else,while also been outsold in US.

The fact that they can't disclose that they are under pay basically says it all,if they do this with normal people and in the open you can just imagine how much they most be paying reviewers at least some of them for scores.

3 mil is bad?.

God cows have gone off the deep end this gen with their stupidity, it's almost painful to watch.

Yes when your competitor with a huge shortage is already outselling you by 1.2 millions ins just 2 months,imagine if this pace keep up for how much the xbox one will be outsold by its first year.

Sony isn't winning by double numbers now because they don't have more units to sell but the demand is there.

Specifically explain how it is illegal. The article even said that it maybe illegal. Ghostwarrior did a decent job, but adding the code shows that it is for MS. It is exactly like BPoole said:

Look at the FTC rules to see how it is illegal and in fact MS already is saying they were not responsible but mashinima lol..

Worse the videos now are been show as pay advertisement,because Machinima changed it,if it now illegal why change it.?