M$ sink to new low, literally breaking the law now

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

I don't think anyone's surprised by MS anymore.

#102 Posted by lundy86_4 (42618 posts) -

Well you should be a MS employee. Some of us have souls. If they want to sell out then they can wave their income goodbye. I am reporting every fucker I find on YT who tries to get away with this.

lol, okay. I don't have a soul.

You report 'em, please. Keep me updated via PM, on how your crazy tirade comes along. Thanks.

#103 Posted by cainetao11 (15785 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786: That's what you have? I'm confused? No retort to the fact that when you're a paid endorser, you don't bad mouth the company or product doing the paying? Oh well, thanks for calling me kid, that made me feel good.

did i say i have a problem with endorsers not bad mouthing the company? when have i ever said this? if m$ discloses to the viewers this is a paid promotion i have no problem with whatever they have to say but to deceive people is wrong. it was wrong when sony done it and its wrong with m$ doing it

Who is being deceived? The ad campaign has begun? And lets face it, the news is out, so again who is being deceived? Or is it another MS is evil and guilty for something they might try to do? Why do all of you attach personal feelings to business? Buy something, use it. I don't expect them to send me cards, or flowers. But so many here are emotionally invested in basic business transactions.

how are u not getting this? this convo went from endorsers not bad mouthing to 'who is being deceived' haha and the campaign has started and any viewer is the one getting deceived.

How if the news has been broke? Or do you think you have cornered this tid bit?

how does the news breaking have anything to do with the legality of this? im not seeing the correlation. if m$ is breaking the law they should be punished PERIOD

Agreed. But the thing is IF they are breaking the law. Are you Bar certified in business law? I'm not. So I don't think I am qualified to analyze the law and its applications. Looking at posting history, I think you want to hate this company, and if that works for you so be it.

#104 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6414 posts) -

Not sure about breaking the law, but its real simple.

You get paid extra money if you dont say anything bad about the Xbone.

#105 Posted by Shewgenja (7912 posts) -

Damn, MS is getting pwned these days!

#106 Posted by nutcrackr (12265 posts) -

Everybody should make a 30 second boring video of xbone gameplay and make this an expensive joke for MS.

#107 Edited by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

I read some place that the marketing budget on AAA games can cost nearly 1/2 or more of the entire development budget.

Many different people have made this basic quote:

'Its easier to just do good rather then to try and defend bad"

#108 Posted by blackace (19697 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

sad MS really sad

MS is scam

Many companies do these type of promotions, even Nintendo and Sony. It's funny when M$, everyone has a hissy fit. These companies don't have to do it if they don't want to, so I don't se any issues here.

#109 Edited by kuu2 (6780 posts) -

As soon as Sony can afford to do this Cows will be ok with the practice. Which means never for the paupers over at Sony.

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

#110 Posted by Krelian-co (9967 posts) -

Wow this is pretty low, sony had a bad start last year and accepted the wounds this is pretty scumbagish

#111 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

sad MS really sad

MS is scam

Many companies do these type of promotions, even Nintendo and Sony. It's funny when M$, everyone has a hissy fit. These companies don't have to do it if they don't want to, so I don't se any issues here.

you mind linking us to these "promotions" you mentioned that sony and Nintendo took part in,

I wish not to google it,

for fear of nothing turning up

#112 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

sad MS really sad

MS is scam

you mind linking us to these "promotions" you mentioned that sony and Nintendo took part in,

I wish not to google it,

It was published in Forbes.

Now some of the articles I have read in Forbes where class A bullshit but it does hold some level of merit. Additionally, there is a legal agreement behind it making it most likely not very easy to just plop on the interwebs

#113 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@killatwill15 said:

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

sad MS really sad

MS is scam

I wish not to google it,

It was published in Forbes.

Now some of the articles I have read in Forbes where class A bullshit but it does hold some level of merit. Additionally, there is a legal agreement behind it making it most likely not very easy to just plop on the interwebs

what was published in forbes?

#114 Edited by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

Cows are jealous, MS can afford to break the law, offer bribes and bend the rules. Sony would do the same thing except their so broke they can barely afford a Big Mac.

#115 Edited by navyguy21 (12685 posts) -

This is sad.

Not the promotion, but the fact that cows keep posting it.

This isnt the first time it has been done, and im sure Sony has done the same.........only it doesnt make headlines.

I cant believe some of you are that naive to think that its against the law, bribery, or that Sony hasnt paid people to promote its products.

Do you really think that if this was against the law or hadnt been done before............that they would be so up front about it........meaning the media already knows about it? And they have it posted on forums? Seriously?

Wake up!

Geez these forums are dying slowly.

#116 Posted by mynamesdenvrmax (2191 posts) -

The fact is if this was Sony doing this this thread would be called "Sony loves us so much they're giving us money!"

#117 Edited by mynamesdenvrmax (2191 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

so whats wrong with giving fans or whomever a chance at the marketing budget?

how are thy bribing? its simple. make a x1 ad and every view gets you towards to bigger check. dont like it dont do it

Nothing is wrong with it. This entire forum is primarily a place for Sony fans to gather and congratulate each other on their purchase/allegiance. It's sad that there is virtually no place left online for an Xbox fan to talk without some blow hard fanboy showing up.

#118 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (892 posts) -

if MS does something incredibly good to boost Xbox One sales, sony shills get angry.

but i dont know if legal or not.

#119 Edited by metal_zombie (2284 posts) -

if MS does something incredibly good to boost Xbox One sales, cows/sony shills will complain.

you need to worry less about what cows might do and concern yourself with microsofts unethical anti competitive actions

#120 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149447 posts) -

LOL just another business day for MS....

#121 Edited by edwardecl (1756 posts) -

Paying for advertisement where an advertisements is clearly stated/implied is fine.

Paying people to promote your products is fine.

Paying people to lie (only talking about positive things) when reviewing a product and claim they have not been paid to do so is not fine.

#122 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4463 posts) -

I would prefer it if they broke the law figuratively.

#123 Edited by Merex760 (4279 posts) -

This is just sad.

#124 Posted by farrell2k (5093 posts) -

So how is this breaking the law?

#125 Edited by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

TLHBFOTORPFOGFWOBD

#126 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4463 posts) -

@BlessedChill said:

TLHBFOTORPFOGFWOBD

The Lems Have Been Fucking On Top Of Refrigerator Piles From Oregon, Galloping Forward With Opium, Beer and Dildos?

At least let me know if I got it right.

#127 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (1826 posts) -

I don´t get it? You saying if marketing is wrong thing to do, then wtf?

Even Sony uses money to marketing their stuff, even Nintendo do. People are just idiots.

#128 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (892 posts) -

sarcasm.

#130 Posted by remiks00 (1530 posts) -
#131 Edited by Ghost120x (3632 posts) -

Money talks and MS has lots of it.

#132 Posted by hoosier7 (3658 posts) -

And people still don't think review sites are getting paid off.

It's frustrating as i thought there were some individuals i could trust on youtube for opinions but now i'm not so sure.

#133 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (892 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

It's frustrating as i thought there were some individuals i could trust on youtube for opinions but now i'm not so sure.

I just use it to review the look and gameplay of the game nothing more. I usually ignore what the reviewer is saying and decide for myself.

#134 Posted by hoosier7 (3658 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

I just use it to review the look and gameplay of the game nothing more. I usually ignore what the reviewer is saying and decide for myself.

I do something similar but it's because of stuff like this that i no longer really buy any games at launch or preorder. Even gameplay videos can be cherry picked (this MS contract encourages that) so i have to wait until a lets play is up so i can see a more honest representation for myself.

That's why i tend to watch Totalbiscuit and Angry Joe, their stuff doesn't seem like it would fit with this.

#135 Edited by the_bi99man (11024 posts) -

@GhoX said:

It's incredibly unlikely that Microsoft's legal team would mess up over a small matter like this, so I think there can only be two possibilities:

1. The whole thing is fake. MS did not in fact propose such a deal.
  2. We are all ignorant and wrong, and MS's legal team actually got it in the bag.

Exactly this.

#136 Edited by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

So basically any positive Xbone news cannot be taken seriously anymore. Not that there was any positive news to begin with but now we know what to look out for.

At least we still have Angry Joe, he wont be taking any MS bribes.

#138 Posted by DerekLoffin (8730 posts) -

So basically any positive Xbone news cannot be taken seriously anymore. Not that there was any positive news to begin with but now we know what to look out for.

At least we still have Angry Joe, he wont be taking any MS bribes.

Yeah, that is what I find the most ironic thing about this, it gives naysayers an easy way to discount pretty much any positive community views out their as 'bought'. Just a plain silly move on MS's part.

#139 Edited by hoosier7 (3658 posts) -

@GhoX said:

It's incredibly unlikely that Microsoft's legal team would mess up over a small matter like this, so I think there can only be two possibilities:

1. The whole thing is fake. MS did not in fact propose such a deal.
  2. We are all ignorant and wrong, and MS's legal team actually got it in the bag.

Exactly this.

Lol you think they care about the law? It's all risk reward, they've done it in other areas, if they feel they can make more money than they would be fined then they'll do it.

MS have twice smashed the record for fines for anti-consumer behaviour by the European courts.

#140 Edited by Strutten (1173 posts) -

@Shewgenja: by whom ? Forum dwellers that spin everything into "the bad/worse" pretty much like you.. and do i dare to say any major sony fanboy/cow here.. why do you guys care so much about ms/xbox? Its not that its doing anything remotely close to any of you. You "guys" are just on (i can't form an opinion of my own, ill just jump the hate wagon) instead just enjoy the meaning of gaming ffs lol ?. This is a very smart move and pure business. And with that said every cow (mostly) seems to be educated in, how to make a console/develop games or just know how the law aka pure business works, or pretend that sales actually matter to them.. you "guys" are really something, get a new hobby or give it a rest. play the damn games instead.

again whats with the pure harted towards a company, and why care so much bout it, when you already got the console of your choice ?

#141 Edited by Zaibach (13410 posts) -

Wait, MS can moneyhat Individuals now?

*runs and sets up YouTube account*

Okay MS I am ready

EDIT: oH SHIT, just noticed a 'sponsored by XBOXONE' ad next to my GS profile on the right hand side of the screen, maybe someone can screen cap that. looool

#142 Edited by handssss (1620 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

I don't get it...what happened?

the youtube guy has both versions of the game and was likely specifying which one he was playing. besides, it is a fact it has a higher res on ps4.

basically, Opus here is just grasping for straws to try to pull out of his ass.

#143 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28309 posts) -

lol so NOW again Microsoft is committing illegal act?s yet every sheen last generation claimed they left and right were committing illegal acts there was literally nothing Microsoft did that wasn't an illegal act according to sheen's.

P.S: I'll wait for the official non edited terms of use instead of the edited leaked terms of use.

#144 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38150 posts) -

Explains why some youtubers I like were over posting Xbone footage despite being PC centric.

#145 Edited by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

Sad and pathetic stuff all around.

#146 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

All of this over a badly conceived, dumb marketing ploy that lasted only two days as it began Jan 14 and ended on Jan 16. Seriously, this is how a ton of big-time corporations do things. Its not right but its far from a shit-storm either.

#147 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (750 posts) -

This is really desperate. Even though you can find them from the tag, you got to remember that the tag wasn't event supposed to be publicly recognized. That was leaked too, right? What they are doing is illegal and legal action should be taken against them. Microsoft has gone too far.

#148 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

This is really desperate. Even though you can find them from the tag, you got to remember that the tag wasn't event supposed to be publicly recognized. That was leaked too, right? What they are doing is illegal and legal action should be taken against them. Microsoft has gone too far.

If action is taken against MS for this, it would have to also be for any other company that has done this, and many have. Considering this promotion ended after two days, I doubt anything more than the typical internet fury comes from this, as well as a press release and new contracts for the same service, only they disclose that the person being paid must say so. The practice is shady, but far from illegal. At worse MS gets fined after a few months of investigating, and I highly doubt that. I expect someone inside of MS will be fired and the practice, at least in gaming, will end. But lest not act like the world has been turned upside down over this dumb BS.

#149 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149447 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

If action is taken against MS for this, it would have to also be for any other company that has done this, and many have. Considering this promotion ended after two days, I doubt anything more than the typical internet fury comes from this, as well as a press release and new contracts for the same service, only they disclose that the person being paid must say so. The practice is shady, but far from illegal. At worse MS gets fined after a few months of investigating, and I highly doubt that. I expect someone inside of MS will be fired and the practice, at least in gaming, will end. But lest not act like the world has been turned upside down over this dumb BS.

Evidence of companies that have done this? FYI...it's public the government will be the one to worry about not internet fury. The person must put their are a paid endorsee at the time....not after the fact.

LOL at making justifications for this because you love their toys.

#150 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (892 posts) -

PS4 gamers should stop accusing and just play the games oh wait theres none please continue your useless and invalid accusations against the competition instead of begging Sony for games.