Luigi's mansion: Dark moon = must have for those who love adventure games

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -

I've put a few hours into it and so far I'm impressed by the sheer ingenuity of it's levels. Almost everything is interacable is some way or another and it really rewards those who like to comb areas for every little secret they can find. It's definitely a good buy for those who like zelda type games.

*inb4 hurr6.5

#2 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
lolsheep
#3 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
"Must have" sounds a lil over the top.
#4 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

I'm sure it's a great game.

#5 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

#6 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -
"Must have" sounds a lil over the top.locopatho
yes because you've played it? Or are you just following the GS score?
#7 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"]"Must have" sounds a lil over the top.Shinobishyguy

No... I'm judging from all the reviews and the first game. It seems great. But "must have" is more of Mario Galaxy kinda phrase :P
#8 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="locopatho"]"Must have" sounds a lil over the top.locopatho

No... I'm judging from all the reviews and the first game. It seems great. But "must have" is more of Mario Galaxy kinda phrase :P

it's more or less a must buy for those who have a 3ds and love adventure games in any case
#9 Posted by freedomfreak (39194 posts) -
It releases tomorrow. Getting it then. Can't wait.
#10 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28038 posts) -

#11 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6986 posts) -
I've picked it up, but I'm not going to start playing it until I've finished FE:A which will probably take a few more days.
#12 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12722 posts) -
My copy is still sealed. Too many games came out recently.
#13 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] it's more or less a must buy for those who have a 3ds and love adventure games in any case

Have a 3ds, and love adventure games. It still isn't that good.
#14 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -
lolsheepBadosh
Looks like school is out already. The kids are here.
#15 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

I've put a few hours into it and so far I'm impressed by the sheer ingenuity of it's levels. Almost everything is interacable is some way or another and it really rewards those who like to comb areas for every little secret they can find. It's definitely a good buy for those who like zelda type games.

*inb4 hurr6.5

Shinobishyguy
Yeah, is a great game to me. Ignore the scores on Gamespot. If you check Metacritics, Gamespot has the lowest score review for this game. How embarrassing. Game is definitely AAE in my book.
#17 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Conduit 2 > Lugi's Mansion: Dark Moon = The Conduit

:P

#18 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

Conduit 2 > Lugi's Mansion: Dark Moon = The Conduit

:P

Michael0134567
Quality Nintendo exclusives :P
#19 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

It looks perty kewl. Might pick it up after I play through Bioshock Infinite.

#20 Posted by charizard1605 (56062 posts) -
Getting this for sure... eventually.
#21 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -

sammyjenkis898
so anything of worth you wanna add to this discussion? I'm assuming you've played it right?
#22 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9511 posts) -

Its definitely a must have for any 3DS owner.

#23 Posted by trollhunter2 (1214 posts) -

Michael0134567

lol the reviewer was caroline petit and she was the same who gave gravity rush a 6.5. The game is great and people should give it a try

#24 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

trollhunter2

lol the reviewer was caroline petit and she was the same who gave gravity rush a 6.5. The game is great and people should give it a try

Seems she give every game a 6.5. lol!! The fact that she's the lowest score out of all the other reviewers on Metacritics proves her opinion is invalid.
#25 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
[QUOTE="trollhunter2"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

blackace

Seems she give every game a 6.5. lol!! The fact that she's the lowest score out of all the other reviewers on Metacritics proves her opinion is invalid.

There has to be a "lowest" score. If it wasn't her 6.5, it'd be 70 from Eurogamer and Joystiq. Her opinion is perfectly valid. People get so MAD over scores they don't agree with...
#26 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

No thanks.

#27 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11116 posts) -

Definitely a must have :)

#28 Posted by p3anut (5872 posts) -

Plan to pick it up later on.

#29 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8713 posts) -
lolsheepBadosh
They're scum of the Earth man.
#30 Posted by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -
[QUOTE="Badosh"]lolsheepXaero_Gravity

No, I'm sure you're talking about the idiotic brainless cows here on SW.
#31 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="trollhunter2"]

locopatho

There has to be a "lowest" score. If it wasn't her 6.5, it'd be 70 from Eurogamer and Joystiq. Her opinion is perfectly valid. People get so MAD over scores they don't agree with...

we still have the right to question it. weird how she complains about checkpoints when there are golden bones in the game that are essentially extra lives

#32 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8713 posts) -
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="Badosh"]lolsheepbbkkristian

All fanboys are scum. :o
#33 Posted by charizard1605 (56062 posts) -
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]They're scum of the Earth man.Xaero_Gravity

All fanboys are scum. :o

:cry:
#34 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="blackace"] Seems she give every game a 6.5. lol!! The fact that she's the lowest score out of all the other reviewers on Metacritics proves her opinion is invalid. Shinobishyguy

we still have the right to question it. weird how she complains about checkpoints when there are golden bones in the game that are essentially extra lives

Question it, disagree with it whatever. Loling and insulting her and saying her opinion is invalid cos it's the lowest when BY DEFINITION an average HAS TO HAVE a lowest score is just idiotic. Accept it's score, play it and love it.
#35 Posted by King_Dodongo (3247 posts) -
Hey it's weegee time!!!! *get's the poltergust*
#36 Posted by Meinhard1 (6768 posts) -
It's pretty lovely. The Canadian devs who made this obviously put a lot of heart into it.
#37 Posted by murat8 (10336 posts) -
Is there a demo out? i would give it a try but dont feel like buying another game right now, too many games right now.
#38 Posted by lamprey263 (23187 posts) -
It's definitely a must have for anybody that has a 3DS, it's one of the main reasons I decided to pick up a 3DS, this game looks great on the XL, and the 3D is some of the easiest on my eye as other games that use 3D use too contrasting depths for that 3D effect and that really strains the eyes. I've only done the first house as I got hooked on going for 3 star ratings and hunting down the boos for each level. There's a lot of game here for people that like to go back for 100%. This game just oozes with charm. From watching Luigi reluctantly going into the house and getting scared, and listening to him hum along to the game's music, it's just amusing. Though a lot of the house environment is repetitive, the location of loot, hidden boos, objectives, and the puzzles, gems, hidden objects, it keeps a same areas feeling fresh while you keep replaying it. Anyhow, I think this game is going to do really well on the 3DS, which is why I suspect Nintendo is eventually going to make this for the Wii U.
#39 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7263 posts) -

I will get it eventually not too soon though.

#40 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -
yeah, this game probably had to be the best use of 3d I've seen on the system
#41 Posted by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

It's on my list for next games to get.

#42 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34144 posts) -

My backlog is already daunting enough as is and I've never played the first Luigi's mansion, so I can't really say I'm that interested in the game. Maybe I'll buy it sometime down the road though.

#43 Posted by Dead-Memories (6586 posts) -

been really itching to add to my 3DS library ( currently only Fire Emblem: A and RE: Revelations). Although, with Infinite on the horizon, going to have to take a reign check on this one until the summer, after Monster Hunter 3DS of course. But it still looks great nonetheless. 

#44 Posted by siLVURcross (26106 posts) -
notevensurprised
#45 Posted by Heirren (16556 posts) -
It's one of the best games I've played in quite some time. It has me interested in seeing what Nintendo does with Zelda--Luigis Mansion has a sort of Link to the Past feeling to it.
#46 Posted by jg4xchamp (47375 posts) -

sammyjenkis898
#47 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

why would I waste my time with a 6.5 game lol

#48 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28038 posts) -
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

jg4xchamp

<3 you champ.
#49 Posted by charizard1605 (56062 posts) -

why would I waste my time with a 6.5 game lol

Chris_Williams
You know how you wasted time with Gravity Rush?
#50 Posted by Zassimick (6343 posts) -

It's a lot of fun so far. I'm eager to continue forward in the game.