Lowest point yet for the Xbox brand?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

So after the revelations regarding MS paying sites for positive exposure for their Xbone and the fact that the console has much less demand than the PS4 - has this been the worst 12 months ever for the Xbox brand? I can't believe gamers aren't more outraged regarding this - This just puts a huge question mark over all past and future MS reviews and previews.

I propose that from now on we put a * after each Xbox exclusive score. For example gears of war 3 is now a 9.5*.

Oh and let's not forget the whole DRM fiasco. Been a bad year for Xbone indeed :-(

Oh and inb4 "bu bu bu sonyz does it too"

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The question no one seems to be asking is what exactly was the catalyst to make MS do that promotion in the first place.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

but sony does this too

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

They have to do something the xbox brand has yet to make any money after 3 gens for M$.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@joel_c17: Definitely lowest point for the Xbox brand....never mind the fact that the Xbox One has sold stupendously well.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@joel_c17: Definitely lowest point for the Xbox brand....never mind the fact that the Xbox One has sold stupendously well.

still less than the WiiU did in the same amount of time.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Yeah, because the Wii U is doing so well now and has always been. Its been breaking records set by its previous systems just like the Xbox One.

___

TC - the lowest point for the Xbox brand was during the whole Red Ring debacle however many years ago.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

The lowest point was Spring/Summer 2013, that whole debacle. So much funny and stupid shit was happening with that company in such a short window of time.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Paying for positive image? Yeah, it's this thing called "Advertising" maybe you've heard of it

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 joel_c17
@R3FURBISHED said:

*apparently it has been selling well. You cant trust MS with this kind of information anymore. They say they quote sold through to customers yet you can find xbones on the shelf pretty much anywhere, and in the UK they still have day 1 consoles for sale. From now on a * will be placed after all sales results that MS report as well as after every score a game receives from a website.

@Evo_nine said:

but sony does this too

sorry i got in b4 that - show me proof they do this.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Everyone who feels like dogpiling Microsoft, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxGwkS8R0Ms&list=UU4_bwov47DseacR1-ttTdOg&feature=c4-overview

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Can't wait to get a PS4 and join the Sony family. I look forward to many world class exclusives.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@joel_c17 said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

*apparently it has been selling well. You cant trust MS with this kind of information anymore. They say they quote sold through to customers yet you can find xbones on the shelf pretty much anywhere, and in the UK they still have day 1 consoles for sale. From now on a * will be placed after all sales results that MS report as well as after every score a game receives from a website.

@Evo_nine said:

but sony does this too

But you can trust a company that combined it's number with previous gen consoles. A company that ALSO reports units shipped as sold just like everyone else. Hypocrite much cow?

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Evo_nine

@joel_c17 said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

@Evo_nine said:

but sony does this too

Sony actually pioneered the practice of fake marketing.

http://www.imediaconnection.com/news/12874.asp

but nice try. I hate to inform you of this kid, but the world is not all rainbows and lollipops. Greed is good and business is business. This might hurt you....but sony....*sigh* is .....NOT your friend

:`(

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

I like Microsoft's strategy. I like it a lot. Keep up the good work Xflop team

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

but sony does this too

But Sony does this too.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

I am still waiting for the proof that MS actually did this when almost all point to machinima including an almost exact same contract they did before but only Microsofts name added.

It's why no one is spreading this across news sources like the DRM thing. There's nothing there.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joel_c17

@Evo_nine: Random blogs are one thing - major gaming sites are another. They are here to me analytical and unbiased. Its just like never trusting something MSN say about gaming, because you know they are owned by MS.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

I am still waiting for the proof that MS actually did this when almost all point to machinima including an almost exact same contract they did before but only Microsofts name added.

It's why no one is spreading this across news sources like the DRM thing. There's nothing there.

MS knows what their promotions are....whether they admit to it or not. They aren't in the dark about it. It's kind of naive to think they are.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FoxbatAlpha

@Evo_nine said:

@joel_c17 said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

@Evo_nine said:

but sony does this too

Sony actually pioneered the practice of fake marketing.

http://www.imediaconnection.com/news/12874.asp

but nice try. I hate to inform you of this kid, but the world is not all rainbows and lollipops. Greed is good and business is business. This might hurt you....but sony....*sigh* is .....NOT your friend

:`(

Sony pays sites to put out false information. Look at the whole 1080p debacle the Digital Foundry and IGN threw in our faces how the PS4 versions of CoD Ghosts and BF4 looked soo much better on the PS4. You didn't need good vision to see the X1 versions were crisper looking. In the end the truth came out that when they reviewed the PS4 version IT WASNT IN 1080P!!!!!!!!!! and the X1 version was in colorblind mode.

This all got kicked under a rug because cows refused to accept this. These sites got caught with their pants down. Did they do it because they were fanboys? No, they did it because they were paid.

Corporation's are evil bastards that will do anything to earn your business. MS isn't inventing the book on how to play dirty, it was already written.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 joel_c17

@FoxbatAlpha: Haha guy with a xbox character as his avatar defending his precious console to the death - sad times when people blindly worship a company even when they have been caught using filthy, disgusting, and shady marketing practices. Dark days for gaming indeed :(

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@joel_c17 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

Haha guy with a xbox character as his avatar defending his precious console to the death - sad times when people blindly worship a company even when they have been caught using filthy, disgusting, and shady marketing practices. Dark days for gaming indeed :(

What's sad is what's happened to SWs because of posters like you.

Hey you just described cows down to a t. "I'd never pay to play online, Sony would never charge us." I guess that never happened huh? p2p is now ok because Sony is the one charging us. Hypocrite much?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@joel_c17 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

Haha guy with a xbox character as his avatar defending his precious console to the death - sad times when people blindly worship a company even when they have been caught using filthy, disgusting, and shady marketing practices. Dark days for gaming indeed :(

That's the way you see it but I see it the other way. Sonyheads are the ones that have been lied to over and over again and just kick it aside. Why don't you do some research on how Sony loves you so much.

Start here at the PS3 launch and work your way up. I'll get your research started. http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/sonys-ps3-disappointment-timeline-continued-25247543/

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

The sooner you get past this, the better off we'll all be.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Evo_nine

@joel_c17 said:

@Evo_nine: Random blogs are one thing - major gaming sites are another. They are here to me analytical and unbiased. Its just like never trusting something MSN say about gaming, because you know they are owned by MS.

Oh ok I see....so its friendly when sony does it but evil when Microsoft do it.

Brainwashed much? lol

dear o dear.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FoxbatAlpha

Ill add this one here to. Another way Sony loves us. http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/11/sony-marketers-are-horrible-liars-pretend-to-run-fansite/

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

It makes me downright furious when a company pays people to promote their product.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 joel_c17

@FoxbatAlpha: Ah ok i must have forgotten how sony screwed gamers by trying to bring in DRM. They are so evilz... Originally the ps3 sucked donkey balls - but sony turned it around and now its the best last gen console by a fair margin. Plus they also push new ips and dont milk the same ol crap every gen. So yeah i think sony is great for gamers :)

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@joel_c17 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

Ah ok i must have forgotten how sony screwed gamers by trying to bring in DRM. They are so evilz... Originally the ps3 sucked donkey balls - but sony turned it around and now its the best last gen console by a fair margin. Plus they also push new ips and dont milk the same ol crap every gen. So yeah i think sony is great for gamers :)

Sony actually did push DRM on consoles last gen with their online pass program.

Luckily that failed for every dev that pushed for it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@treedoor said:

@joel_c17 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

Ah ok i must have forgotten how sony screwed gamers by trying to bring in DRM. They are so evilz... Originally the ps3 sucked donkey balls - but sony turned it around and now its the best last gen console by a fair margin. Plus they also push new ips and dont milk the same ol crap every gen. So yeah i think sony is great for gamers :)

Online Pass =/= DRM.

With hat kind of stupid thinking Xbox Live is DRM. The online pass is there to prevent people that buy the game used to play online on Sony servers without paying an extra fee. You can still play your games offline if you don't feel like paying for the online pass. DRM is there to prevent you from playing the game at all (offline or online) if you don't have an internet connection. They are two totally different things. Get your facts straight and stop spewing bullshit.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FoxbatAlpha

@joel_c17 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

You are the typical Sony fanboy that turns a blind eye to everything bad Sony does and shits on everything MS does. Good or bad. And you say SW is sad because of people like me who worship blindly. LOL you don't make a damn bit of sense. "oh but bu bu DRM" Da **** outta here.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@I_can_haz said:

@treedoor said:

@joel_c17 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

Online Pass =/= DRM.

With hat kind of stupid thinking Xbox Live is DRM. The online pass is there to prevent people that buy the game used to play online on Sony servers without paying an extra fee. You can still play your games offline if you don't feel like paying for the online pass. DRM is there to prevent you from playing the game at all (offline or online) if you don't have an internet connection. They are two totally different things. Get your facts straight and stop spewing bullshit.

Online Pass is enforced by the publishers, hence EA and BF3 for example. Don't know if BF4 has it but I am sure it does.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@joel_c17: I just read on ign yesterday, that MS has addressed this. But its cool to hate this company so nobody here will believe what they said anyway. Lowest point for them was RROD, imo

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@I_can_haz said:

@treedoor said:

@joel_c17 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

Online Pass =/= DRM.

Online Pass is enforced by the publishers, hence EA and BF3 for example. Don't know if BF4 has it but I am sure it does.

BF4 doesn't have an online pass to my knowledge. Either way you're still wrong.

DRM and Online Pass aren't the same thing. If I don't want to pay for the Online Pass I can still play the game offline while with DRM if I don't have an internet connection my game becomes a door stop.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 joel_c17

@FoxbatAlpha:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@joel_c17 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

You are the typical Sony fanboy that turns a blind eye to everything bad Sony does and shits on everything MS does. Good or bad. And you say SW is sad because of people like me who worship blindly. LOL you don't make a damn bit of sense. "oh but bu bu DRM" Da **** outta here.

Tell me on a scale from virgin to prolapsing - how sore is your butt right now? MS have farked up man, again, just admit that MS has done nothing positive for the gaming industry and we can move on :)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FoxbatAlpha

@joel_c17 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@joel_c17 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

Tell me on a scale from virgin to prolapsing - how sore is your butt right now? MS have farked up man, again, just admit that MS has done nothing positive for the gaming industry and we can move on :)

NOTHING Positive? When you are that blind the conversation doesn't need to move on.

I am far from butthurt with the lack of info you provide.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17423 Posts

@joel_c17 said:

lol, then maybe this qualifies?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4741259.stm

Or this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sony-pays-for-fake-reviews/

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Evo_nine

@navyguy21 said:

@joel_c17 said:

Or this?

lol thats hilarious....this thread has to be one of system wars greatest backfires.

So joel_c17,

are you outraged by this? I mean you should be right? (according to your opening post)

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 joel_c17

News from 2002 and 2006... I guess we still hate germany for the nazis right? lol lems

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FoxbatAlpha

@navyguy21 said:

@joel_c17 said:

Or this?

Megaton. Thanks for sharing. More proof that people will turn a blind eye when they want to. MS would get crucified for saying "Good morning" around here.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@joel_c17 said:

So after the revelations regarding MS paying sites for positive exposure for their Xbone and the fact that the console has much less demand than the PS4 - has this been the worst 12 months ever for the Xbox brand? I can't believe gamers aren't more outraged regarding this - This just puts a huge question mark over all past and future MS reviews and previews.

I propose that from now on we put a * after each Xbox exclusive score. For example gears of war 3 is now a 9.5*.

Oh and let's not forget the whole DRM fiasco. Been a bad year for Xbone indeed :-(

Oh and inb4 "bu bu bu sonyz does it too"

One of worst threads I've seen. The only bad thing for Microsoft was their initial reveal and all those crazy policies. I thought their E3 was fine. They did exactly what they said they would do, show games. Gamers kept talking about DRM, TV, NFL and other shit that wasn't even a part of M$ E3. Sony was the ones talking about TV, Cable, etc at the E3. Yet everyone seemed to ignored that part of the E3 for them. Unlike the Sony with the PS3 however, Microsoft actually made a profit in 2013 with Xbox.. Sony lost another billion only making a profit in the last quarter after selling 2 HQ buildings and over $300 million is stock.

I propose you stop posting garbage on system wars. If you have an opinion, blog it (on another site hopefully).

**************************************************************************************************************

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Shewgenja said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Yeah, because the Wii U is doing so well now and has always been. Its been breaking records set by its previous systems just like the Xbox One.

___

TC - the lowest point for the Xbox brand was during the whole Red Ring debacle however many years ago.

I don't remember the Wii U selling over 3 million in less then 2 months. Xbox One easily past the Wii U before the year is over. Probably before the E3.

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Evo_nine

@joel_c17 said:

News from 2002 and 2006... I guess we still hate germany for the nazis right? lol lems

Oh okay riggggght, so in a few years you will forget about all this Microsoft hate? i somehow doubt it

okay heres some more Sony lies, hypocrisy and spin from a couple years back.

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/m4ndat0ry_1nstall/516345

Should we be outraged? orrrrrr do we forget about it....

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 joel_c17

@Evo_nine said:

@joel_c17 said:

Oh okay riggggght, so in a few years you will forget about all this Microsoft hate? i somehow doubt it

I dont even know why im bothering to argue with a person who has a picture of the ps4 logo with indistation underneath it - obviously you are a MS disciple and you are willing to bend over and receive anything MS is going to through down your meat corridor. Poor form evo poor form.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I really don't think it's as shameful as the contracts review sites were forced to sign to get a review copy of MGS4 saying they won't rate it down on all the things games get scored down on while also having to attend a Sony-Konami review education seminar.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 joel_c17

@lamprey263 said:

I really don't think it's as shameful as the contracts review sites were forced to sign to get a review copy of MGS4 saying they won't rate it down on all the things games get scored down on while also having to attend a Sony-Konami review education seminar.

I love your profile picture.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Evo_nine

@joel_c17 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@joel_c17 said:

I dont even know why im bothering to argue with a person who has a picture of the ps4 logo with indistation underneath it - obviously you are a MS disciple and you are willing to bend over and receive anything MS is going to through down your meat corridor. Poor form evo poor form.

You've been doing the same thing with Sony for years, im a realist, this stuff happens, accept it.

Anyways, Its not even an argument, for an argument both sides usually have valid points.

In this case you don't have anything valid to say, so its more of a lesson. Im here to teach you because youre so oblivious to the world around you.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 joel_c17

@Evo_nine: So you agree that MS pay for their exclusives to receive good reviews? is that something we can agree on?

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Evo_nine

@joel_c17 said:

@Evo_nine: So you agree that MS pay for their exclusives to receive good reviews? is that something we can agree on?

yeah they probably did, I never said they didn't.

But who cares, they all do it.