Lots of 3DS games are getting canceled.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

[QUOTE="Zen_Light"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

Actually no, because like the DS loving PSP hatershave been saying for years, the PSP specializes in "console" games on the go.

Funny how that used to be seen as a negative thing, and just might be the main reason the Vita beats out the 3DS. :lol:

xYamatox

aka "the general public"? At least these "DS loving PSP haters" as you put it, have a previous business model to support their theory, yours is nothing more than a wild rambling personal assumption.

1) The general public had no problems with the PSP, just some hardcore Nintendo fanboys had beef with it because Sony tried treading on Nintendo's turf.

2) The previous business model (that you speak of) doesn't really mean much, because the 3DS currently has very little going for it as far as games are concerned, which is 150% the reason people play handhelds.

3) Of course it's an assumption, I said the Vita MIGHT beat out the 3DS, not that it was set in stone. For all we know, Sony might drop the ball completely. However, with the 3DS in the state that it's currently in, Sony has a very nice oppurtunity to take the lead for handheld gaming (much like how the 360 overtook the PS3 this gen, despite the PS2 being a much bigger success than the original Xbox).

Judging the 3DS for its current line-up is erroneous at best because we all know the games are coming. This holiday season the 3DS will be rolling while the PS Vita will just be taking its first baby steps. Are people going to be saying the PS Vitaisa failure based on the first half year or so because of its weak line up? The DS outsold the PSP by a HUGE margin, not because of fanboys or other crazy theories.

The general public strongly preferred the DS to the PSP because, for one reason, the DS was much more of a portable system. I'm sure you've noticed that the size of portable devices are constantly growing smaller and smaller, but look at the size of the Vita, it's huge. An Uncharted game is not going to pole vault it past the 3DS this year. You can't expect the Vita to be a resounding success based off of the talk on a gaming site that represents a very, very small portion of the gaming public.

AltAcct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 AltAcct
Member since 2008 • 1100 Posts
man the 3DS just can't catch a break :(
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#154 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

It sucks for the 3DS. It would have done so much better if was region free because in Japan they have Layton, One Piece, Star Fox and Tales of Abyss, but NOA is ignorant so they could care less about us.

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="Zen_Light"]aka "the general public"? At least these "DS loving PSP haters" as you put it, have a previous business model to support their theory, yours is nothing more than a wild rambling personal assumption.

Zen_Light

1) The general public had no problems with the PSP, just some hardcore Nintendo fanboys had beef with it because Sony tried treading on Nintendo's turf.

2) The previous business model (that you speak of) doesn't really mean much, because the 3DS currently has very little going for it as far as games are concerned, which is 150% the reason people play handhelds.

3) Of course it's an assumption, I said the Vita MIGHT beat out the 3DS, not that it was set in stone. For all we know, Sony might drop the ball completely. However, with the 3DS in the state that it's currently in, Sony has a very nice oppurtunity to take the lead for handheld gaming (much like how the 360 overtook the PS3 this gen, despite the PS2 being a much bigger success than the original Xbox).

Judging the 3DS for its current line-up is erroneous at best because we all know the games are coming. This holiday season the 3DS will be rolling while the PS Vita will just be taking its first baby steps. Are people going to be saying the PS Vitaisa failure based on the first half year or so because of its weak line up? The DS outsold the PSP by a HUGE margin, not because of fanboys or other crazy theories.

The general public strongly preferred the DS to the PSP because, for one reason, the DS was much more of a portable system. I'm sure you've noticed that the size of portable devices are constantly growing smaller and smaller, but look at the size of the Vita, it's huge. An Uncharted game is not going to pole vault it past the 3DS this year. You can't expect the Vita to be a resounding success based off of the talk on a gaming site that represents a very, very small portion of the gaming public.

Saying it's wrong to assume that Uncharted won't pull the Vita ahead of the 3DS (which i never once said, mind you) is about as uneducated as saying that the 3DS's holiday releases are going to be the saving grace for the 3DS. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

With that said, the fact that the DS was bought over the PSP does not mean that people didn't like the PSP, just that they didn't feel enough reason to buy a 2nd portable system. Much like the fact that the 3DS currently has poor 3rd party support, people won't find much reason to purchase the 3DS. You are relying on Nintendo's past success FAR too much. Sony did the same thing with the PS3, and they are now in 3rd place.

My point is, no one knows what's going to happen. What we do know is that the 3DS is currently not doing well, and the Vita already provides much more out of the box for a similar price range. When you take games out of the equation (which shouldn't be hard, since the 3DS doesn't currently offer much worth buying that aren't basically remakes of older games), the Vita simply looks far more promising for what it offers.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

It sucks for the 3DS. It would have done so much better if was region free because in Japan they have Layton, One Piece, Star Fox and Tales of Abyss, but NOA is ignorant so they could care less about us.

HaloPimp978

NA is getting Star Fox and Tales of the Abyss.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Saying it's wrong to assume that Uncharted won't pull the Vita ahead of the 3DS (which i never once said, mind you) is about as uneducated as saying that the 3DS's holiday releases are going to be the saving grace for the 3DS. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

With that said, the fact that the DS was bought over the PSP does not mean that people didn't like the PSP, just that they didn't feel enough reason to buy a 2nd portable system. Much like the fact that the 3DS currently has poor 3rd party support, people won't find much reason to purchase the 3DS. You are relying on Nintendo's past success FAR too much. Sony did the same thing with the PS3, and they are now in 3rd place.

My point is, no one knows what's going to happen. What we do know is that the 3DS is currently not doing well, and the Vita already provides much more out of the box for a similar price range. When you take games out of the equation (which shouldn't be hard, since the 3DS doesn't currently offer much worth buying that aren't basically remakes of older games), the Vita simply looks far more promising for what it offers.

xYamatox

Uncharted doesn't push systems. Nintendo games do.

It doesn't but it's clear what the world liked a lot more. 3DS has poor third party support because it's only 4 months old (here at least.) Every system has terrible launch lineups. Jesus give the system time to get some games before criticizing it.

Much more? A second analog stick and OLED screen is much more? Pretty sure its everything the PSP was with more powerful hardware and gimmicky touch screen controls. (Now gimmick touch screen goes for both handhelds!) All the Vita has to offer so far is Uncharted and an unnamed Bioshock game.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#159 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Another hole in the "it's not Nintendo's fault that no-one makes good games for their system" apologists: was it the third parties' fault that Nintendo wouldn't put a CD-drive on the N64, which lost them the support of Square and many other top-shelf publishers in the mid 1990s? Instead of lashing out at the world like an emo kid, I think Nintendo fanboys need to take a look at what Nintendo is doing wrong.Coolyfett

Tim with respect man, Coolyfett does not feel they have to ability to do that. The way you are owning these guys on this thread is really sad. Why is the 3DS such a flopping failure? Asking Timstuff only.

I do not think it's a massive failure, but I do think that Nintendo is losing their position as market leader. Their recent success has been more of a happy accident than anything else IMO, because they finally found two gimmicks that sell (touch controls and motion controls). Unfortunately, gimmicks rarely have legs, especially when they are no longer unique to your system (smartphones and tablets have touch controls, PS3 and Xbox 360 have motion controls). What's worse, with the 3DS Nintendo saw a gimmick that was popular (3D movies) and thought they could make a popular game system based around it (3DS). Unfortunately Nintendo's timing and planning were not very good, because 3D's popularity was in decline by the time the 3DS came out, and Nintendo greatly overestimated the public's interest in 3D gaming.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Another hole in the "it's not Nintendo's fault that no-one makes good games for their system" apologists: was it the third parties' fault that Nintendo wouldn't put a CD-drive on the N64, which lost them the support of Square and many other top-shelf publishers in the mid 1990s? Instead of lashing out at the world like an emo kid, I think Nintendo fanboys need to take a look at what Nintendo is doing wrong.Timstuff

Tim with respect man, Coolyfett does not feel they have to ability to do that. The way you are owning these guys on this thread is really sad. Why is the 3DS such a flopping failure? Asking Timstuff only.

I do not think it's a massive failure, but I do think that Nintendo is losing their position as market leader. Their recent success has been more of a happy accident than anything else IMO, because they finally found two gimmicks that sell (touch controls and motion controls). Unfortunately, gimmicks rarely have legs, and with the 3DS Nintendo saw a gimmick that was popular (3D movies) and thought they could make a popular game system based around it (3DS). Unfortunately Nintendo's timing and planning were not very good, because 3D's popularity was in decline by the time the 3DS came out, and Nintendo greatly overestimated the public's interest in 3D gaming.

HD visuals was a gimmick and it sold 2 consoles :| Motion controls were a gimmick and yet look at who's playing follow the leader now.

They went after causals, by far the biggest market. It wasn't an accident, it was all correctly planned.

If 3D demand was in decline, why are all TVs moving towards being 3D?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Another hole in the "it's not Nintendo's fault that no-one makes good games for their system" apologists: was it the third parties' fault that Nintendo wouldn't put a CD-drive on the N64, which lost them the support of Square and many other top-shelf publishers in the mid 1990s? Instead of lashing out at the world like an emo kid, I think Nintendo fanboys need to take a look at what Nintendo is doing wrong.Timstuff

I do not think it's a massive failure, but I do think that Nintendo is losing their position as market leader. Their recent success has been more of a happy accident than anything else IMO, because they finally found two gimmicks that sell (touch controls and motion controls). Unfortunately, gimmicks rarely have legs, and with the 3DS Nintendo saw a gimmick that was popular (3D movies) and thought they could make a popular game system based around it (3DS). Unfortunately Nintendo's timing and planning were not very good, because 3D's popularity was in decline by the time the 3DS came out, and Nintendo greatly overestimated the public's interest in 3D gaming.

except that the system that had the touch screen control "gimmick" also had great third party support as well as first party.

Which kinda doesn't fit in with your "only nintendo games sell" argument when it comes to their handhelds

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Shall we reveal all the PS3 games that were either cancelled or went multi-plat? :|

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#163 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Funny. The only decent sounding game on that list was Mega Man Legends 3.

The rest are either shovelware crap, or games that don't need to be milked to eternity. (Assassin's Creed.)

As soon as Nintendo starts releasing their big games, people will start buying. (Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3DS, Paper Mario, ect.

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

ChubbyGuy40

It doesn't but it's clear what the world liked a lot more. 3DS has poor third party support because it's only 4 months old (here at least.) Every system has terrible launch lineups. Jesus give the system time to get some games before criticizing it.

Much more? A second analog stick and OLED screen is much more? Pretty sure its everything the PSP was with more powerful hardware and gimmicky touch screen controls. (Now gimmick touch screen goes for both handhelds!) All the Vita has to offer so far is Uncharted and an unnamed Bioshock game.

And a Killzone game

and a LittleB Big Planet game

and a Call of Duty game

and a Hideo Kojima game

and Street Fighter X Tekken

and Modnation Racers

and an Assassin's Creed game

and a Mortal Kombat game

^^ I'd say the Vita has a pretty good lineup of games before it is even released. Nothing says these games won't be canceled in the future, but so far this is the list that has been confirmed for the Vita, and the system isn't even out yet.Not too shabby, to say the least.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

Looking at that list it doesn't look like the 3ds lost anything important. :P

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

theuncharted34
But how can it survive without saints row :cry:
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

soulitane

All it needs is Paper mario. :P

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 xYamatox

[QUOTE="lordlors"]3DS is also catering to gaming enthusiasts just like Vita is even though Vita is more powerful so why are you saying Vita is trying for a different demographic player? Also, most devs that make core games don't make shovelware so i don't see what shovelware has to do with the devs who make core games. If shovelware is the key to moving hardware then why does 3DS already have better sales than DS' first months. Can you explain why?Coolyfett

PSV & 3DS supporters are two different animals. Yea they both play games, but what kind of games? What kind of experience? What adult will say "hey look at my 3D game system with no glasses" in public? Where as the PSV someone could easily look over your shoulder and see how cool it is. Nintendo & Mario go hand in hand. Its like Peanut Butter & Jelly. If Coolyfett saw a male his age sitting in an airport playing Mario on a 3DS he would probably laugh. Now a girl playing a 3DS is different. The 3DS is one of those things where its just weird...like a man purse or pink or yellow polo shirts on a date. Yea its not against the law, but strange. There is nothing really strange about the PSV.

Sorry for the double post, but this ^^ has so much fail, I don't even know where to begin.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 soulitane

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

theuncharted34

Or a TWEWY sequel >_>
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="lordlors"]3DS is also catering to gaming enthusiasts just like Vita is even though Vita is more powerful so why are you saying Vita is trying for a different demographic player? Also, most devs that make core games don't make shovelware so i don't see what shovelware has to do with the devs who make core games. If shovelware is the key to moving hardware then why does 3DS already have better sales than DS' first months. Can you explain why?Coolyfett

PSV & 3DS supporters are two different animals. Yea they both play games, but what kind of games? What kind of experience? What adult will say "hey look at my 3D game system with no glasses" in public? Where as the PSV someone could easily look over your shoulder and see how cool it is. Nintendo & Mario go hand in hand. Its like Peanut Butter & Jelly. If Coolyfett saw a male his age sitting in an airport playing Mario on a 3DS he would probably laugh. Now a girl playing a 3DS is different. The 3DS is one of those things where its just weird...like a man purse or pink or yellow polo shirts on a date. Yea its not against the law, but strange. There is nothing really strange about the PSV.

Are you series?

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Zophar87

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

And a Killzone game

and a Call of Duty game

and a Hideo Kojima game

and Modnation Racers

and a Mortal Kombat game

^^ I'd say the Vita has a pretty good lineup of games before it is even released. Nothing says these games won't be canceled in the future, but so far this is the list that has been confirmed for the Vita, and the system isn't even out yet.Not too shabby, to say the least.

So some mediocre shooters, a good game, a game that hasn't been completely announced, and some multi-platform games.

Yep...

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Timstuff

[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="Coolyfett"]Tim with respect man, Coolyfett does not feel they have to ability to do that. The way you are owning these guys on this thread is really sad. Why is the 3DS such a flopping failure? Asking Timstuff only.

ChubbyGuy40

HD visuals was a gimmick and it sold 2 consoles :| Motion controls were a gimmick and yet look at who's playing follow the leader now.

They went after causals, by far the biggest market. It wasn't an accident, it was all correctly planned.

If 3D demand was in decline, why are all TVs moving towards being 3D?

HD was not a gimmick, because HD was a paradigm shift in TV technology. If it was a "gimmick," the FCC would not have phased out analog broadcasting to make room for the new HD digital signals. Sony and Microsoft wanted to keep up with the new standard for image quality, while Nintendo was content to stick with the same old 480 lines of resolution that had been around for half a century. Once you've adjusted to HD there is no going back. Also, Nintendo went after the casual market with the Gamecube, except that they failed that time because all they did was make a dumbed-down Xbox. With Wii, Nintendo got lucky because "Play the game with your whole body!" was a much bigger marketing success than the "It's just like those other systems except with less stuff to confuse you!" approach they took with the Gamecube. They had a new, compelling gameplay feature that people got excited for. To the general public, the 3DS is basically a DS that's trying to ride on Avatar's coat tails, and the Wii-U is a Wii that's trying to ride on the iPad's coat tails. As soon as Nintendo found two unique gimmicks that no-one else was exploiting, they went back to chasing trends that other companies had already made popular. And lastly, 3D TVs are not selling well, and I do not see them catching on in the long haul. The manufacturers are getting more and more desperate to sell them, but the public is not biting, and even if every TV from this day forward was shipped as "3D-ready" I do not see people paying $100 a pair for active shutter glasses and $10 more for 3D Blu-ray movies than their 2D counterparts. 3D is already old news, and I do not think we are ever going to see the nightly news broadcast in stereoscopic 3D. It will still have a place for the occasional marketing gimmick or theme park attraction, but in the home and at the box office, 2D will remain king.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ChubbyGuy40

xYamatox

You were talking about Uncharted, not future releases. There's a big list for the 3DS also.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#175 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="soulitane"] But how can it survive without saints row :cry:soulitane

Or a TWEWY sequel >_>

It would be very hard to top that game. :P Even so, I have no idea how they can make a sequel of it.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="soulitane"] But how can it survive without saints row :cry:soulitane

Or a TWEWY sequel >_>

I will make it a goal to play that game by the end of the year. :P

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Timstuff

Shall we reveal all the PS3 games that were either cancelled or went multi-plat? :|

Zophar87
PS3 has been out a lot longer than the 3DS.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Timstuff

PS3 has been out a lot longer than the 3DS.

Shall we reveal all the PS3 games that were either cancelled or went multi-platform in it's first three months?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 soulitane
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"] It would be very hard to top that game. :P Even so, I have no idea how they can make a sequel of it.

I know, but one can dream :P
I will make it a goal to play that game by the end of the year. :Ptheuncharted34
You'd better :evil:
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#180 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
This is stupid, this just means Nintendos lineup has become even more Mario dependent... Embarrassing to say the least.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Zophar87
Yeah and it made the PS3 not worth owning for quite a while, among other problems. So what are you trying to say about the 3DS? I think everyone knows the 3DS will get better like the PS3 did, but right now its a bit floppy with its own share of problems.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

tomarlyn

Yeah and it made the PS3 not worth owning for quite a while, among other problems. So what are you trying to say about the 3DS? I think everyone knows the 3DS will get better like the PS3 did, but right now its a bit floppy with its own share of problems.

I'm not saying anything about the 3DS.

I just like it when a Sony fanboy openly attacks the 3DS and seems to forgot his own console..

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Zophar87

And a Killzone game

and a Call of Duty game

and a Hideo Kojima game

and Modnation Racers

and a Mortal Kombat game

So some mediocre shooters, a good game, a game that hasn't been completely announced, and some multi-platform games.

Yep...

And the 3DS has brought what to the table, exactly...?A decent remake of a 10+ year old game, a port to a fighter that has been milked for years now, and a bunch of crappy games. Sounds like the 3DS is a real winner thus far... :roll:

I'm not saying one is going to better than the other, all I am stating is that the Vita has a chance of overthrowing the 3DS. Sorry if this concept is hard to grasp, but it is possible, and not as unlikely as some want to think.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Zophar87

This is stupid, this just means Nintendos lineup has become even more Mario dependent... Embarrassing to say the least.JohnF111

Maybe so, but it still sells the system. People enjoy playing Mario and Nintendo keeps pumping out new and original releases for the little guy.

Isn't that all that really matters?

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

ChubbyGuy40

You were talking about Uncharted, not future releases. There's a big list for the 3DS also.

Last I checked, Uncharted is still a future release...

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Zophar87

I just like it when a Sony fanboy openly attacks the 3DS and seems to forgot his own console..

You can't retaliate like that and have it both ways in your favour though. If you want to say the PS3 sucked too because of similar problems post launch, then you're admitting the 3DS has hit the same bump in the road.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 ChubbyGuy40

HD was not a gimmick, because HD was a paradigm shift in TV technology. If it was a "gimmick," the FCC would not have phased out analog broadcasting to make room for the new HD digital signals. Sony and Microsoft wanted to keep up with the new standard for image quality, while Nintendo was content to stick with the same old 480 lines of resolution that had been around for half a century. Once you've adjusted to HD there is no going back. Also, Nintendo went after the casual market with the Gamecube, except that they failed that time because all they did was make a dumbed-down Xbox. With Wii, Nintendo got lucky because "Play the game with your whole body!" was a much bigger marketing success than the "It's just like those other systems except with less stuff to confuse you!" approach they took with the Gamecube. They had a new, compelling gameplay feature that people got excited for. To the general public, the 3DS is basically a DS that's trying to ride on Avatar's coat tails, and the Wii-U is a Wii that's trying to ride on the iPad's coat tails. As soon as Nintendo found two unique gimmicks that no-one else was exploiting, they went back to chasing trends that other companies had already made popular. And lastly, 3D TVs are not selling well, and I do not see them catching on in the long haul. The manufacturers are getting more and more desperate to sell them, but the public is not biting, and even if every TV from this day forward was shipped as "3D-ready" I do not see people paying $100 a pair for active shutter glasses and $10 more for 3D Blu-ray movies than their 2D counterparts. 3D is already old news, and I do not think we are ever going to see the nightly news broadcast in stereoscopic 3D. It will still have a place for the occasional marketing gimmick or theme park attraction, but in the home and at the box office, 2D will remain king.Timstuff

You don't remember people calling HD a gimmick do you? Even a few enthusiasts referred to it as one. Not to mention the actual image quality of HD sets were ABSOLUTELY bad. Very, very bad.

Phase out analog broadcasting in favor of digital. Free up the wireless spectrum. The amount of TVs that had their own internal convertors made analog amount seem worthless to keep supporting.

HD was not standard by any means in 2005 or 2006. Staying SD still made sense then. Plus look at all the recent exclusives. Half of them don't even run in 720p. I agree with you that once you go to HD you don't go back, which is why I want consoles next gen to have 1080p60 as standard. That's why I play my Wii games in HD.

No the Wii was the console that shot at the casuals. If Gamecube was that console, then it would've sold a hell of a lot more than a mere 20ish million. Not to mention the game selection speaks for itself.

To the public, the 3DS is a new machine that has 3D. Sorry but Avatar's 3D effect in theaters was laughable. Sorry, but the Wii-U is no iPad imitator. It actually has buttons and games. You do know everything iPad does, was done by HP back in 2002 right? Difference? HP didn't market it like it's the second-comming of Jesus.

They exploited trends that other companies made popular? So why did Sony drop Eyetoy support and Microsoft try to imitate that? Why did Sony decide to make a Move wand? Nintendo made motion controls popular with the way they work. Got any more excuses why Nintendo won this generation or are you gonna keep trying to make them look bad?

Uh, yeah they are. All high-end TVs are 3D. They're now moving into the cheaper sets as a standard. If that's not selling well then damn I don't know what is! Sorry, but it's becomming the standard no matter how "you" see it.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

And a Killzone game

and a Call of Duty game

and a Hideo Kojima game

and Modnation Racers

and a Mortal Kombat game

xYamatox

Yep...

And the 3DS has brought what to the table, exactly...?A decent remake of a 10+ year old game, a port to a fighter that has been milked for years now, and a bunch of crappy games. Sounds like the 3DS is a real winner thus far... :roll:

I'm not saying one is going to better than the other, all I am stating is that the Vita has a chance of overthrowing the 3DS. Sorry if this concept is hard to grasp, but it is possible, and not as unlikely as some want to think.

So you're going to compare the games the 3DS already has to Vita games that are in development, but you're going to neglect the monsterous first-party lineup that the 3DS has coming this year?

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Yep...

Zophar87

So you're going to compare the games the 3DS already has to Vita games that are in development, but you're going to neglect the monsterous first-party lineup that the 3DS has coming this year?

As opposed to ignoreing the 1st party potential that the PSVita has? It works both ways.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"] Yeah and it made the PS3 not worth owning for quite a while, among other problems. So what are you trying to say about the 3DS? I think everyone knows the 3DS will get better like the PS3 did, but right now its a bit floppy with its own share of problems.tomarlyn

You can't retaliate like that and have it both ways in your favour though. If you want to say the PS3 sucked too because of similar problems post launch, then you're admitting the 3DS has hit the same bump in the road.

I'm favoring the 3DS? No, not really, just stating facts.. I know the 3DS had a bad launch and it hasn't exactly gotten better for the system.

Anyway, Never once did I not admit that the 3DS "hit the same bump in the road."

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

As opposed to ignoreing the 1st party potential that the PSVita has? It works both ways.

Other than LBP Uncharted, and some mediocre shooters? Yeah, as great as both of those games are, they don't "sell the system" for me.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 ChubbyGuy40

This post is so spot on!! The GBA had no real competition, Wii,GC & 64 didnt have good 3rd parties, so the top 3 systems from Nintendo is NES, SNES & DS. Coolyfett doesnt want Nintendo was out of biz, just wish they would grow up & stop making games for the milton bradley crowd.

Coolyfett

Wii didn't have good 3rd party support? This has got to be the biggest misconception of the Wii. It didn't have big-name multiplat support. Half of my Wii games are made by third parties :|

So what games do you want them to make? The only ones that fit into that description really are the "Wii" IP games. The rest are still core Nintendo games. Are you too insecure about playing those games?

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Zophar87

Other than LBP Uncharted, and some mediocre shooters? Yeah, as great as both of those games are, they don't "sell the system" for me.

And Mario doesn't sell a system for me, either. What's your point?

While it may be unfair to compare the Vita's announced lineup with the 3DS' current lineup, there really isn't much else to go on. All of Vita's upcoming games have potential to be great, while the 3DS has already shown it's having a rough start (this is a fact. Not one AAA game that I've seen as of yet).

Both have potential for great thing, but the 3DS isn't helping itself with how poorly it's launch titles are being received. Also, don't expect that just because a game has Mario in it means it will score 10/10 and sell millions. And before you bring up that Mario will sell despite what score it may get, all I have to say is, "Call of Duty". I'm not hyped for it, but it is the biggest selling franchise in gaming history, and so far the Vita is the only one of the two handhelds with a Call of Duty game in development, and has a much better chance of being just like the console adaptation (unlike the poorly made DS versions).

I'm looking forward to the Vita more than the 3DS, but I am no way "hating" on Nintendo just to troll. I'm just going by the facts that we currently know without relying on past successes of a system as means of justifying a purchase.

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 xYamatox

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]This is stupid, this just means Nintendos lineup has become even more Mario dependent... Embarrassing to say the least.Coolyfett

Very embarrassing to be a 3DS owner in this day and age.

While I agree that relying soley on Mario is a bad concept to have (seeing as I am not a huge Mario fan, personally), there is nothing wrong with being excited about Mario.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#197 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
[QUOTE="lordlors"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"]

It seems you can't comprehend. I'm simply saying devs will make games on smartphones but not like the games you play on handhelds no matter how strong the hardware of smartphones will get. If anything, smartphones are doing a favor to 3DS/Vita because casual games and trashy games will appear less on the two platforms and migrate to smartphones while core games will remain on the handhelds.lordlors
And what you don't seem to comprehend is you need developers to spend money on your platform, even on cheap games, ESPECIALLY when you aren't pushing a hardware advantage. We don't want shovelware, and we don't buy shovelware, but fact of the matter is shovelware pays the bills and moves hardware much of the time, and thus supports the stuff we want. As I said, DS was the cheap development option of its time, and thus got a lot of developer attention because of that. Now 3DS can't rely on that because that aspect has largely been taken. It has to carve itself a new niche and as of yet it hasn't materialized. And if you want to discuss VITA, it is going more the power route, trying for a completely different demographic of player. However it too has major hurtles to overcome (as another poster said, it has to compete with dollars spend on established consoles).

3DS is also catering to gaming enthusiasts just like Vita is even though Vita is more powerful so why are you saying Vita is trying for a different demographic player? Also, most devs that make core games don't make shovelware so i don't see what shovelware has to do with the devs who make core games. If shovelware is the key to moving hardware then why does 3DS already have better sales than DS' first months. Can you explain why?

um yes sir it is , psp is the same thing as vita , no darn different , ds has its original titles like nintendogs pilotwings , sure its got more -- i wont say core thats not what i know em as , there games, and sure its got more traditional games but it also will have unique games, somthing i know vita will lack because its playing the power game again any any time your playing the power game all that gonna flock to it is major ips like call of freakin duty , , or some other games like driver -which is on 3ds but ya games of that nature will be more popular on vita if vita even takes off and i highly doubt at 250 its going far no sir psp was already 250 , and look where its at face it just like 3ds vita is gonna have hard time , in this very hard market these days i think ds is going to drop both of these , and call it a day and nintendo still wins , lol cuase hteir both made by nintendo and they ll just go back to the drawing board to come up with the true successor but even then i thin kthe 3ds has a better chance then vita i feel bad for those who root for the vita because wiiu is around the corner plus ps3 and 360 already do a good job at the graphics game, im not into a handheld whos battery is drained in 3 hours no sir i already had that problem with gamegear and psp , luckyly the 3ds lasts me 5-7 hours on an acceptable setting , i doubt the ps vita will do ill get one but i think battery and the price of vita games will be a concern
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#199 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]This is stupid, this just means Nintendos lineup has become even more Mario dependent... Embarrassing to say the least.xYamatox

While I agree that relying soley on Mario is a bad concept to have (seeing as I am not a huge Mario fan, personally), there is nothing wrong with being excited about Mario.

Games are games (agreeing with you :P ). Owning a 3DS should not embarrass anyone, unless they have some serious insecurity problems. Embarrassment should fall upon the company for "relying" on a particular series but then again, it's a very useful strategy for Nintendo, so I don't even consider it embarrassment, more like a lifeline to help the handheld

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#200 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]This is stupid, this just means Nintendos lineup has become even more Mario dependent... Embarrassing to say the least.Coolyfett

I'm not embarrassed about it. There's more than Mario.