Lost Oddysey gameplay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8072

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8071

Enough is really enough the game looks great but the gameplay is uninspiring, and the graphics aren't anywhere near other big rpg titles.
alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts
well it does have that clasic rpg look, even thougth i own a 360 i have to say the batlles on ff13 look more exciting and the graphics look better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKSgFwIemho
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts

Enough is really enough the game looks great but the gameplay is uninspiring, and the graphics aren't anywhere near other big rpg titles.
Adrian_Cloud
Don't bother. I am disgusted by the people who stated that ff13 looks worse then LO.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Adrian_Cloud
Nice sig. The reason why the gameplay looks alot more exiting, is because it was just a trailer. Not someone actually demoing the gameplay. The big turn for the ability to slow down time, this may seem strange for a turn based rpg. But the action is really fast according to famitsu, and if you don't react quick enough you miss your turn.:)
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
They look pretty damn good to me...
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
I find LO better than FFXIII in graphics. It just has a better design that FFXIII. FFXIII is just more colorful.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Adrian_Cloud
EVen if that was true. LO is using the Unreal Engine, and has pre-rendered graphics. Which means no interaction with the background enviroments, which turns into alot of invisible walls. As shown in the trailer. I mean FFXIII is just another level, the first time you watch the origianl trailer. You think the whole thing is CGi. I'e never had that affect before since the 1st MGS4 trailer.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
The textures on the environ ment look a bit muddy, but it still looks great. Better than FF XIII... no comment.
Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Filonus
Member since 2003 • 1307 Posts
in Lost odyssey's defense it's not finished yet. But  i don't care either way, comparing it to FFXIII is just silly.
with what they've shown and told us about the title squeenix have nothing to worry about.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
Whats with the camera? You get like 50ft from the sometimes. I'm not too fond of the graphics either, I thought it would look more like the original trailer.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Adrian_Cloud
Lost Oddysey could very well end up looking better than FFXIIXVCMIIXI. UE3=awesomeness.THETRUEDOZAH
say what? " FFXIIXVCMIIXI."
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]EVen if that was true. LO is using the Unreal Engine, and has pre-rendered graphics. Which means no interaction with the background enviroments, which turns into alot of invisible walls. As shown in the trailer. I mean FFXIII is just another level, the first time you watch the origianl trailer. You think the whole thing is CGi. I'e never had that affect before since the 1st MGS4 trailer.

Final Fantasy XIII will also utilize pre-rendered graphics as well. You know Square-Enix cannot resist making FMV movies.

And the Final Fantasy XIII trailer, while looking good, came out last year and that game is still in the early stages of development. Nobody knows for sure when FF XIII will come out, maybe not until early 2009. There is still a lot of time between now and whenever that game comes out and the only thing we've seen from it is an impressive trailer from last year. I don't know about you, but I am wary of any game that is just a mere unplayable trailer. I'm only interested in playable demos because then the game is far enough along in development that you cannot be duped.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

Adrian_Cloud
I thought you was going to compare graphically between LO and FFXIII. Well at this point I give LO a 9. I know when it is released it will be a 10.
xXMercenariOXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xXMercenariOXx
Member since 2006 • 1539 Posts
Good graphics...but boring gameplay..
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wanderer5

Lost Oddysey could very well end up looking better than FFXIIXVCMIIXI.  UE3=awesomeness.THETRUEDOZAH

LOL.:lol:

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thinicer
Good graphics...but boring gameplay.. xXMercenariOXx

You won't be fighting simple enemies just by yourself the entire game.
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
Who honestly thinks we've seen enough of FFXIII to start judging it....at all?
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts

God those load times look terrible.  Who has load times into a basic battle anymore?  That just sucks.  On top of that the gameplay looks horrible.  Its basically a straight turned based RPG.  That's horrible.  I'm not trying to flame here that honstly looks bad.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
lol, so this is the game that's going to give FFXIII competition, eh? Not a fanboy by any means, but Lost Oddysey doesn't look much better than FFXII in my honest opinion.

And the freakin load screen before each battle, AHHHHH! That's gonna drive gamers nutz.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thinicer
Who honestly thinks we've seen enough of FFXIII to start judging it....at all?Sooshy

I haven't. That game is riding a major hype wave thanks to the E3 trailer. I'll reserve judgement until I see a playable demo of it. Right now everybody has seen a lot more from Lost Odyssey, an actual playable demo, and they are comparing it to what appears to be a trailer with very scripted fight scenes.
pog_ma_thoin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pog_ma_thoin
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
Didnt the developers say that they showed it too early, and that the gameplay is still to be worked on?
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]EVen if that was true. LO is using the Unreal Engine, and has pre-rendered graphics. Which means no interaction with the background enviroments, which turns into alot of invisible walls. As shown in the trailer. I mean FFXIII is just another level, the first time you watch the origianl trailer. You think the whole thing is CGi. I'e never had that affect before since the 1st MGS4 trailer.

Final Fantasy XIII will also utilize pre-rendered graphics as well. You know Square-Enix cannot resist making FMV movies.

And the Final Fantasy XIII trailer, while looking good, came out last year and that game is still in the early stages of development. Nobody knows for sure when FF XIII will come out, maybe not until early 2009. There is still a lot of time between now and whenever that game comes out and the only thing we've seen from it is an impressive trailer from last year. I don't know about you, but I am wary of any game that is just a mere unplayable trailer. I'm only interested in playable demos because then the game is far enough along in development that you cannot be duped.

Thats true, but what you basically see is what the gameplay will be using an FMV. Its not like Fable or KZ2 where they show CGI, and its completly false. This game is far enough in to dev time, that they've already confirmed a release date(Spring 08) and have a demo planned for this year. The thing about FFXIII, is that it has no flaws(just wait). EVerything graphics wise is completly next-gen. It may not be a MGS4 looking game, but as far as graphics go. Its really something to look at.
Yoruichii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Yoruichii
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
Good graphics...but boring gameplay.. xXMercenariOXx
Random battles needs to die a cold.... hard.... death.....
Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Filonus
For those interested some FFXIII eye-candy,
it was deffo posted in 13 forums not sure about here...

i give you cocoon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xct7VrBOJuc
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thinicer
[QUOTE="xXMercenariOXx"]Good graphics...but boring gameplay.. Yoruichii

I agree. I think that's such an outdated system and it's annoying as hell, ESPECIALLY when you factor in load times.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
[QUOTE="Yoruichii"][QUOTE="xXMercenariOXx"]Good graphics...but boring gameplay.. thinicer

I agree. I think that's such an outdated system and it's annoying as hell, ESPECIALLY when you factor in load times.

There shouldn't be any load times.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thinicer
[QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="Yoruichii"][QUOTE="xXMercenariOXx"]Good graphics...but boring gameplay.. Bansheesdie

Well in those links to the demos of this game that the TC posted, you can clearly see the "Loading..." notification when you enter into battle. Hopefully they will really shorten the time it takes to get into a fight.
Yoruichii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Yoruichii
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="Yoruichii"][QUOTE="xXMercenariOXx"]Good graphics...but boring gameplay.. thinicer

Well in those links to the demos of this game that the TC posted, you can clearly see the "Loading..." notification when you enter into battle. Hopefully they will really shorten the time it takes to get into a fight.

We can only hope.... but.... Random battles.........
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="Yoruichii"][QUOTE="xXMercenariOXx"]Good graphics...but boring gameplay.. Yoruichii

just hink of it this way. They "ambushed" you. :lol:
Filonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Filonus
[QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="Yoruichii"][QUOTE="xXMercenariOXx"]Good graphics...but boring gameplay.. Yoruichii

....lalalalala no loading times in ff12 before battles laalalallala....

also no godaamn random battles

rockstar183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rockstar183
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
the combat loooks zzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="Yoruichii"][QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="thinicer"][QUOTE="Yoruichii"][QUOTE="xXMercenariOXx"]Good graphics...but boring gameplay.. Filonus

....lalalalala no loading times in ff12 before battles laalalallala....

also no godaamn random battles

The load times will most likely go away./=
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Well, it's clearly a work in progress, but wow, does this game ever give me that FFVII feeling...
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
I wish LO had White Knight Story game play
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Adrian_Cloud
I wish LO had White Knight Story game playalfy13
It looks really fun and innovative, and we've only seen a little but of it. I just to change into the White Knight its not like a FF summon.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
Why are people still going off the same TGS demo? It's already known the gameplay in that build was far from final, and shouldn't be the basis to judge the game when it finally releases
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Adrian_Cloud
Why are people still going off the same TGS demo? It's already known the gameplay in that build was far from final, and shouldn't be the basis to judge the game when it finally releasesosusfaith
You missed the ridiculous LO vs FF thread. People said this game looked better than CGI. I'm just putting things into perspective. If most people think its less than a 9, no way it looks better than cgi.
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts
How long ago was that demo? neways. I heard there were a few elements missing from the battle system. FFXII battlesystem was boring as heck and that game still got an overrating.
El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
too early to tell, but nothing mind blowing on those demo clips
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Adrian_Cloud
too early to tell, but nothing mind blowing on those demo clipsEl_Fanboy
Thats surprising since there using the UE3 engine.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wanderer5
Well it look like nine is in the lead, and that where LO graphics should be. I sure it will be better when the game come out.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
LO looks like crap atm...but it could all change.