User Lists: 5

#251 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@scatteh316 said:

@blackace said:

B4X is not me dummy. lol!! Heil68 knows my alt. I rarely use my alt on here. I admitted the XB1 was weaker on paper. That's a fact. It was a lot weaker at launch then it currently is now. XB1 is improving with error SDK update. You crazy cows are the only ones not seeing it. I'm not seeing anymore 720P games and the only 900P games we see are games that are ported from the PS4 to the XB1 without using the XB1 additional power. Like I said before, after E3 2015, we shouldn't see any 720P or 900P games.

What additional power? Lmaooooo..

He seems to think that SDK updates will make up for having 50-100% less CU's, shaders, ROPs, TMU's and less available RAM. He tries though. His manticore always inspired me :') Dat unbias really is heart filled goodness. Blackace, thank you. For restoring my faith in this bleak... bleak world. For we have you. The one true gamer.

180p with this sdk.

No I'm not black ace. :p

Never said you were. Your posting styles are way different anyway. Apart from your manticore/pro MS stance.

Really though, impartial to all systems. It's really an admirable asset. Not even a slight prefrence either. Crazy crazy world.

I admitted to loving Microsoft.. You guys can have your Mac's and jellybeans. :p

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252  Edited By B4X

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

OMFG.... showing a PC port of an X1 game running in Beta DX12.... Claiming the developers are using all cores on the X1.

My god stfu..... You stupid prick don't you have some PC benchmarks to compare consoles with?

Find one developer using even cores on the X1 CPU.... You're the fucking idiot saying that DX12 won't help the X1.

You do the work dumbass.

That isn't a PC port LINK.... Back up your sh**.

What i quote is not even about cores you buffoon that stupid you are,is about the xbox one tool been pull straight from XBO and been ported to PC,which is what DX is the xbox had lower API over head since it started,console are always stream line compare to PC,you don't know this because you are a blind moron.

Hashahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................

The xbox one the CPU less console..

Now the xbox one doesn't even use cores,let me guess Ghost doesn't use any CPU cores on XBO but the PS4 use all 6 right.?

That fact that you dare say such a stupid thing wow man wow..hahahaa You really gold blackace..lol

In your blackace account is Secret NDA hardware on your BX4 account is the xbox one is not even using cores of its CPU for games..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You are the one claiming it doesn't use cores and it doesn't use all threads so back it up,the XBO CPU was max out from launch...lol

Where does it say that the X1 is using all threads?

One of the greatest challenges the engineers have to deal with is memory management, or thread management. There are X number of threads in your CPUs. Where in those threads is the stuff that's Microsoft or Sony? Where does it fall? How does it work? We don't have the SDKs for those features yet, and then they come in and you go, okay, well it needs 3MB of RAM - oh, crap, we only allocated two! You can't just take a MB from anywhere. It's not like there's just tonnes of it just laying there. You have to pull it from something else. And now you have to balance that somewhere.It becomes a massive change internally for our entire engine, if they add a few MB to the amount of resources they need, or if they require all their processes to be on one thread. If it's not multi-threaded then we have to put it on one thread. Now we have to find space on one thread, where that can live, that it's not creating a traffic jam on that thread. Sometimes we have to be like, okay, we have to move all this stuff over to a different thread and then put that in to that thread, just to manage traffic.That's what engineers are often doing: managing the traffic of CPU threads and memory and where that's going, allocating memory, what kind of memory is it? Is it dynamic? Sometimes what has to happen is we have to allocate the 3MB straight off the bat and just say, these 3MB, specifically, these actual memory addresses, have to be used for this. They can't be used anywhere else. Whereas dynamic, it's like, okay, I need 3MB but it doesn't matter where those 3MB come from.

STFU dude....

EDIT: That article sound like they have DX12 tools at their disposal.... No they are fighting for thread use. Not using them evenly.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#253 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

oh man this thread is meltdown central

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By B4X

@lostrib said:

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

Are you trying to say that you're a belligerent drunk who likes starting fights at children's games?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By B4X

@tormentos: Read that SLOWLY..... See where the guy says DX11........... METRO developer....

EDIT: How do you load ONE cpu core with DX12..... You don't...smart guy.

Digital Foundry: DirectX 11 vs GNMX vs GNM - what's your take on the strengths and weakness of the APIs available to developers with Xbox One and PlayStation 4? Closer to launch there were some complaints about XO driver performance and CPU overhead on GNMX.

Oles Shishkovstov: Let's put it that way - we have seen scenarios where a single CPU core was fully loaded just by issuing draw-calls on Xbox One (and that's surely on the 'mono' driver with several fast-path calls utilised). Then, the same scenario on PS4, it was actually difficult to find those draw-calls in the profile graphs, because they are using almost no time and are barely visible as a result.In general - I don't really get why they choose DX11 as a starting point for the console. It's a console! Why care about some legacy stuff at all? On PS4, most GPU commands are just a few DWORDs written into the command buffer, let's say just a few CPU clock cycles. On Xbox One it easily could be one million times slower because of all the bookkeeping the API does.But Microsoft is not sleeping, really. Each XDK that has been released both before and after the Xbox One launch has brought faster and faster draw-calls to the table. They added tons of features just to work around limitations of the DX11 API model. They even made a DX12/GNM style do-it-yourself API available - although we didn't ship with it on Redux due to time constraints.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@scottpsfan14: that's cool you've tried Linux. which one did you try?

it is pretty hard to get use to. whenever i install a distro, the first thing i do is assign something useful to the Winkey, like bringing up an application finder of some kind, similar to the windows start menu.

but before you know it you'll be mkdir ~/.pr0n

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@b4x said:

One of the greatest challenges the engineers have to deal with is memory management, or thread management. There are X number of threads in your CPUs. Where in those threads is the stuff that's Microsoft or Sony? Where does it fall? How does it work? We don't have the SDKs for those features yet, and then they come in and you go, okay, well it needs 3MB of RAM - oh, crap, we only allocated two! You can't just take a MB from anywhere. It's not like there's just tonnes of it just laying there. You have to pull it from something else. And now you have to balance that somewhere.It becomes a massive change internally for our entire engine, if they add a few MB to the amount of resources they need, or if they require all their processes to be on one thread. If it's not multi-threaded then we have to put it on one thread. Now we have to find space on one thread, where that can live, that it's not creating a traffic jam on that thread. Sometimes we have to be like, okay, we have to move all this stuff over to a different thread and then put that in to that thread, just to manage traffic.That's what engineers are often doing: managing the traffic of CPU threads and memory and where that's going, allocating memory, what kind of memory is it? Is it dynamic? Sometimes what has to happen is we have to allocate the 3MB straight off the bat and just say, these 3MB, specifically, these actual memory addresses, have to be used for this. They can't be used anywhere else. Whereas dynamic, it's like, okay, I need 3MB but it doesn't matter where those 3MB come from.

STFU dude....

You are not reading you are just replying like a moron..

Where does it say there that the xbox one use 2 threads.?

Digital Foundry: DirectX 11 vs GNMX vs GNM - what's your take on the strengths and weakness of the APIs available to developers with Xbox One and PlayStation 4? Closer to launch there were some complaints about XO driver performance and CPU overhead on GNMX.

Oles Shishkovstov: Let's put it that way - we have seen scenarios where a single CPU core was fully loaded just by issuing draw-calls on Xbox One (and that's surely on the 'mono' driver with several fast-path calls utilised). Then, the same scenario on PS4, it was actually difficult to find those draw-calls in the profile graphs, because they are using almost no time and are barely visible as a result.http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-metro-redux-what-its-really-like-to-make-a-multi-platform-game

Didn't you claim the xbox one wasn't even using cores.? 1 full core on draw calls alone,when on PS4 that same job was barely any CPU time.?

Man you don't win one...

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By B4X

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

STFU dude....

You are not reading you are just replying like a moron..

Where does it say there that the xbox one use 2 threads.?

Oles Shishkovstov: Let's put it that way - we have seen scenarios where a single CPU core was fully loaded just by issuing draw-calls on Xbox One (and that's surely on the 'mono' driver with several fast-path calls utilised). Then, the same scenario on PS4, it was actually difficult to find those draw-calls in the profile graphs, because they are using almost no time and are barely visible as a result.http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-metro-redux-what-its-really-like-to-make-a-multi-platform-game

Didn't you claim the xbox one wasn't even using cores.? 1 full core on draw calls alone,when on PS4 that same job was barely any CPU time.?

Man you don't win one...

Let's quote the whole article dumb ass.

Read that SLOWLY..... See where the guy says DX11........... METRO developer....

EDIT: How do you load just ONE cpu core with DX12..... You don't...smart guy. You load evenly in DX12 or you don't load at all.

I love this part stupid. "They even made a DX12/GNM style do-it-yourself API available - although we didn't ship with it on Redux due to time constraints."

If that's the case.... How is it DX12?

EDIT: These Developers clearly state the SDK is DX11. They're wrong...?

Loading a single CPU core in DX12 is not possible......

Oles Shishkovstov: Let's put it that way - we have seen scenarios where a single CPU core was fully loaded just by issuing draw-calls on Xbox One (and that's surely on the 'mono' driver with several fast-path calls utilised). Then, the same scenario on PS4, it was actually difficult to find those draw-calls in the profile graphs, because they are using almost no time and are barely visible as a result.In general - I don't really get why they choose DX11 as a starting point for the console. It's a console! Why care about some legacy stuff at all? On PS4, most GPU commands are just a few DWORDs written into the command buffer, let's say just a few CPU clock cycles. On Xbox One it easily could be one million times slower because of all the bookkeeping the API does.But Microsoft is not sleeping, really. Each XDK that has been released both before and after the Xbox One launch has brought faster and faster draw-calls to the table. They added tons of features just to work around limitations of the DX11 API model. They even made a DX12/GNM style do-it-yourself API available - although we didn't ship with it on Redux due to time constraints.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 CrownKingArthur

@scottpsfan14: that's a good trick to use the linux distro to fix a windows install, sometimes she's a godsend.

Pinguy, maybe i'll try that this weekend. give us more to talk about :D

very cool stuff man, here's some more #respect

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By B4X

@tormentos: This is DirectX12.... Do those articles about games on the X1 reflect what DX12 does? Read them slowly... They both talk about loading single cpu threads. To me it looks like they didn't have DX tools available. It's just developers talking....Right?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@scottpsfan14: Macs are trash? Oh boy, someone super jelly.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I guess the PS4 version has extra fog and less detail to achieve 1080p again.

So glad I game on my ONE instead of settling on some hunk of shit sold on hype and false promises.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 tormentos

@b4x said:

Read that SLOWLY..... See where the guy says DX11........... METRO developer....

EDIT: How do you load ONE cpu core with DX12..... You don't...smart guy. You load evenly in DX12 or you don't load at all.

I love this part stupid. "They even made a DX12/GNM style do-it-yourself API available - although we didn't ship with it on Redux due to time constraints."

Yeah that is the latest SDK which is the one Sniper Elite 3 use how that went.?

MS already has a GNM api i already state this on another thread hell i think it was in this one as well,the tool is there so yeah DX12 is already on xbox one,so yeah i am right there is no DX12 coming in 2015 is already here and developers are using it.

Oh by the way sony isn't staying static either and PS4 tools are also improving...

http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-ice-team-programmer-surface-tilingdetiling-on-the-cpu-is-10-100x-faster-now

Not only is the xbox one using all cores is also using all threads its CPU like the PS4 are weak sauce CPU compare to PC,hell even compare to Cell that Jaguar is easier and more advance but weaker specially in post process department.

Stop making stupid post and owning your self.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By B4X

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

EDIT: How do you load ONE cpu core with DX12..... You don't...smart guy. You load evenly in DX12 or you don't load at all.

Yeah that is the latest SDK which is the one Sniper Elite 3 use how that went.?

MS already has a GNM api i already state this on another thread hell i think it was in this one as well,the tool is there so yeah DX12 is already on xbox one,so yeah i am right there is no DX12 coming in 2015 is already here and developers are using it.

Oh by the way sony isn't staying static either and PS4 tools are also improving...

http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-ice-team-programmer-surface-tilingdetiling-on-the-cpu-is-10-100x-faster-now

Not only is the xbox one using all cores is also using all threads its CPU like the PS4 are weak sauce CPU compare to PC,hell even compare to Cell that Jaguar is easier and more advance but weaker specially in post process department.

Stop making stupid post and owning your self.

Show me 100% facts that the no name SniperE guys had access to the tools that The Metro guys didn't...... SE came out before Metro.

Microsoft....... came in late with the DO-IT-YOURSELF DirectX12 tools. That the Metro developers couldn't use due to time constraints.

You're so full of shit...

EDIT: Both articles just said they were not using the DX12 tool set... What don't you understand?

The developers are overloading single cores to complete tasks. Sometimes jamming them full.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 clyde46

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clyde46 said:

Tell me a use for them over an equivalent PC.

I'm just joshing ya. Nowadays there is no advantage to using them over a Windows based PC. The days of Mac being dominate in the graphics and video production industries are long gone. Windows is now far more stable than it once was. The price you pay for a Mac will net you quite a good workstation PC. And if you want serious power then a Windows Workstation is the only place you are going to get it. The new Mac Pro's aren't that great, everything is external and for some strange reason they come with AMD GPU's instead of Nvidia ones. A highly illogical choice when you consider that Nvidia has invested millions in developing its CUDA API for video and other design programs.

Fact of the matter is, its all down to personal preference. Sure a group of iMacs does look fucking awesome but there is no technological advantage to using them.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 B4X

@tormentos: You know who did get the do it your self kit late...but still made time to use it....

Bungie.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 CrownKingArthur

@clyde46: post 270 was great. ty.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 clyde46

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clyde46 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clyde46 said:

Tell me a use for them over an equivalent PC.

I'm just joshing ya. Nowadays there is no advantage to using them over a Windows based PC. The days of Mac being dominate in the graphics and video production industries are long gone. Windows is now far more stable than it once was. The price you pay for a Mac will net you quite a good workstation PC. And if you want serious power then a Windows Workstation is the only place you are going to get it. The new Mac Pro's aren't that great, everything is external and for some strange reason they come with AMD GPU's instead of Nvidia ones. A highly illogical choice when you consider that Nvidia has invested millions in developing its CUDA API for video and other design programs.

Fact of the matter is, its all down to personal preference. Sure a group of iMacs does look fucking awesome but there is no technological advantage to using them.

Fashion over function. Lipstick and tits. Apple are retards lol. An Iphone where you can't add storage or change a battery. They lock you in where ever they can. I don't like that at all. A Mac Pro is £5,000. A PC that is more graphically capable is half the price. The Quadro cards that are used in macs are scaled down versions to fit in that poxy small case of theirs. Again, fashion over function. I like how quick MacOS is. But then so is linux and that's free.

Pro tools runs just as nicely on PC as a Mac. Same goes for Photoshop, Aftereffects, and the millions of other programs used in media and entertainment. All that Apple ad propaganda of PC's being spreadsheets and Mac's being the 'ultimate entertainment and creative computer'.

I simply think Apple are irrelavent in the PC buisness technically. While they are grasping a niche in the industry. Some idiots blindly assume they are the quality product while PC is the "poor mans mac". Not true is it though?

Apple are not retards. They are or were very smart and utterly ruthless. They muscled their way into a lot of sectors and completely bitch slapped the competition. Whether you like their products or not, you cannot dispute that what Apple has done as a company is nothing short of genius (pun not intended). Yes there have been underhanded tactics but that is business and what better way to show your dominance of a sector than by driving your competition to the wall. Apple are a brand, that is why they sell so well. Same as Nike or Adidas, they make you want their products.

However, even though I'm a bit of a Apple fanboy ( I have an iPhone 5s, an iPad 3, an iMac 27in and a Macbook Pro 17in) I do admit that Apple have their faults and boy do they have a lot of them. Since Jobs died the company has been treading water. They lost their bite that made their competitors cower in fear. You look at the smart phone market, the market where Apple stormed in with the original iPhone and murdered everything else on the market, in today's market Apple have been caught slipping. Samsung have smacked them around with the Galaxy line and I've yet to see Apple provide a decent response. The iPhone 6 is a farce. Its taken Apple so dam long to respond to the changing market, people wanted a larger iPhone for years. The original 5 was a disappointment in that fact. It lacked the features that other phones did, it has worse specs than other phones did and it was more expensive than most more feature ready phones were at the time.

At the end of the day, Apple is not going anywhere. Yes Apple products are see in a almost godlike way but to the trained eye, the pretty aluminum body and fancy store fronts are only there to cover the fact that Apple are actually quite far behind the technology curve. That being said, I will never use a Android phone ever again. Say what you want about Apples use of hardware but their software is a dream to use.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 clyde46

@scottpsfan14: And Windows is not locked and controlled as well?

Nevernudeftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Nevernudeftw
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

1440p Ultra settings @120 fps confirmed PC.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@walloftruth said:

Console kids still fighting over resolution lol. Gameplay > Graphics.

Graphics + Gameplay > Gameplay

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Another quality B4X meltdown.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

instead of settling on some hunk of shit sold on hype and false promises.

But you have an Xbone, Justin. Come to think of it, the Xbone struggles with filters and DOF.

@GravityX said:

Xbox One separating the great developers from the good developers. It's easier to code to known older technology within the PS4. Takes additional talent, resources and time to make the future technology in Xbox One sing.

It's cool enjoy your time in the sun my bovine friends. Moo on.

The ESRAM is nothing particularly advanced. Just a pain in the ass barrier most devs won't bother with.

Enjoy that gap, Crypt0II7. It's not really going away.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:
@b4x said:

Explain to me how brand loyalty fixes anything I stated. Tell me why a 180p difference outweighs the negatives in this situation.

If you have the option to choose that is.... Also stop half quoting me. Tell me if you even own an X1.

Talking out the side of your face to a 40 year old man will get you those kind of responses... Respect is given where it is deserved.

Better performance = better performance. It's its own reward. Would you rather have a BMW 3-series with 180hp or 270hp? Being able to change radio stations with your voice shouldn't be a factor with your decision.

I've been an XBL member since November 2002, and I don't feel the need to hide my gamertag here, I've used it on this forum since I I got it. I haven't bought an Xbox One yet because there's no compelling reason to, yet. It's overpriced, it's underpowered and the exclusives so far don't justify its price. That may change, and soon, I'm thinking I'll be able to get one for $300 with a game for Black Friday.

If you're handing out "respect" I don't want any, thanks. If you took the time to read your own posts you'd understand why.

But, you can tell the difference between a 180hp engine and a 270hp engine. A lot of people can't really tell the difference between 720p and 1080p; far more can't tell the difference between 900p and 1080p.

A debate between 900p and 1080p barely rises to the level of trivial.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Another quality B4X meltdown.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

instead of settling on some hunk of shit sold on hype and false promises.

But you have an Xbone, Justin. Come to think of it, the Xbone struggles with filters and DOF.

@GravityX said:

Xbox One separating the great developers from the good developers. It's easier to code to known older technology within the PS4. Takes additional talent, resources and time to make the future technology in Xbox One sing.

It's cool enjoy your time in the sun my bovine friends. Moo on.

The ESRAM is nothing particularly advanced. Just a pain in the ass barrier most devs won't bother with.

Enjoy that gap, Crypt0II7. It's not really going away.

It's not a barrier. It's a way to "get around" other hardware limitations.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 tormentos

@b4x said:

Show me 100% facts that the no name SniperE guys had access to the tools that The Metro guys didn't...... SE came out before Metro.

Microsoft....... came in late with the DO-IT-YOURSELF DirectX12 tools. That the Metro developers couldn't use due to time constraints.

You're so full of shit...

EDIT: Both articles just said they were not using the DX12 tool set... What don't you understand?

The developers are overloading single cores to complete tasks. Sometimes jamming them full.

Jean-Baptiste Bolcato, Senior Producer, said to Gaming Bolt: “eSRAM is easy to use. Part of the problem is that it’s just a little bit too small to output 1080p within that size. It’s such a small size within there that we can’t do everything in 1080p; with that little buffer of super-fast RAM.”

The producer is speaking about the criticism of Microsoft’s choice to utilise a smaller but faster type of RAM - which when used in combination with the console’s DDR3 RAM - can provide a higher bandwidth capable of 204GB/s (For comparison, PS4's DDR5 has a max throughput of 176GB/s.)

Many developers have not had the experience in dealing with such an (initially) small pool of memory – especially when doing everything in 1080p. It is possible, as Microsoft themselves have shown in first-party title Forza 5 which also runs at the targetted 60fps.

They [Microsoft] are releasing a new SDK that’s much faster and we will be comfortably running at 1080p on Xbox One. We were worried six months ago and we are not anymore, it’s got better and they are quite comparable machines.”

http://www.developer-tech.com/news/2014/feb/17/xbox-one-1080p-comfortably-sdk-update-says-rebellion/

STFU Rebellion Sniper Elite was the poster child of parity the developers lemmings like you and Ronvalencia quoted all the time to claim parity was coming and that the new SDK would deliver.

Rebellions game did use the latest SDK is already stated by them so stop your crying blackace and take it like a man.

It came late to THEM Sniper Elite 3 was a new game,not a port like Metro is.

You are a moron DX12 = MS console API on PC...hahaha

I already proved that,with Forza on PC demo which tools were pull directly from the XBO..hahaha

@b4x said:

@tormentos: You know who did get the do it your self kit late...but still made time to use it....

Bungie.

Yeah and this developer who games came after Bungie hasn't right.?

So what is the excuse for Lord of the fallen been 900p.? It comes in October 31 way after bungie will you will you claim they didn't got it in time.?

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@FastRobby said:

Thank you for confirming what I was saying. "many of its new features". So not ALL features. And that is where you are always completely wrong. You keep saying DX12 is already on Xbox One, well it isn't completely. There are enough features that are still coming to Xbox One, I'm not saying it will increase performance with 50%, but it will improve the Xbox One. And all PC ports are going to get easier, which means more development time, and more parity.

ps: I find it ridiculous that you think it's OK to quote a developer but at the same time not quote other parts of the article that indicate that it DOES change things for the Xbox One. It's very childish, and in a way just lying...

Microsoft estimates that approximately 50 percent of existing PC game enthusiasts will have the necessary hardware to run DirectX 12 at launch, and of course the technology will be coming to the Xbox One.

Why is it coming to Xbox One, when it already has it? Keep thinking it's throwing sand in the eyes of consumers, because a lot of them read this kind of news...

No the xbox one doesn't have all features and will not because some of DX12 features require new hardware like maxwell from Nvidia has,which the xbox one GPU totally lack.

Yeah necessary doesn't = optimal Only Maxwell is the only GPU on PC with full hardware support for DX12 and that one is new,that is because MS will probably do an official release for the api which will be symbolic more than anything because DX12 has always been there,hell it was there on xbox 360 since launch,you people are just to blind to see what DX12 is,any one claiming DX12 is coming to xbox one is a moron,is already there it has always been there DX12 is MS console API on PC what i quote just proved that..

Let me tell you this again and for the 100 time,anything the XBO can do by API the PS4 can do it as well faster,they have the same hardware period same GPU same CPU the only difference is the PS4 GPU is stronger period.

There will never be a game on PS4 that the xbox one can't run slower or at lower resolution,there is not a single game on xbox one that the PS4 can't run faster if the hardware is push.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

It's not a barrier. It's a way to "get around" other hardware limitations.

It's a barrier to development and a way to get around the fact MS designed a cable box, indeed. 8)

@FastRobby said:

Microsoft already said that Xbox One will have FULL DX12. But keep dreaming cow. PS4 is a low-end PC, Xbox One is custom made. I'm tired of this discussion, multiple users already proved you wrong, but now I've got better things to do. Like FIFA 15.

LMAO, most of the features are already on it and the Xbone's as custom made as the PS4 is. Be less delusional, Slow Robert. DX12 is not saving the Xbone.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By tormentos

@FastRobby said:

Microsoft already said that Xbox One will have FULL DX12. But keep dreaming cow. PS4 is a low-end PC, Xbox One is custom made. I'm tired of this discussion, multiple users already proved you wrong, but now I've got better things to do. Like FIFA 15.

Yeah they also say games would speak for them self on launch,they also say their CPU could see data on ESRAM,they also say you get diminishing returns if you use more than 14CU GPU.

They say allot of shit and lies to make people like you byte into the console,MS was all about appearances,they didn't care about power this gen until people begin to complain,then they change their vision from DRM,TV and kinect, and try to focus on making the xbox one seeing stronger than it is,late up clock,cloud,DX12,the only way MS can really increase performance is by rising the clock speed again or unlocking the 2 dead CU the xbox one has,there is no other way,the rest of the things are cosmetic which will barely improve anything.

Fact is that they openly lie about their CPU having a connection with ESRAM which some months ago was let slit silently into one of their presentation,the CPU has no ESRAM access at all.Why MS would lie about something so stupid you may ask.?

Because by that time there rumors were that the xbox one wasn't true HSA design like the PS4,because it had 2 memory address and ESRAM was off limits to the CPU,this may seen like nothing to you,but it isn't because it means the xbox one has to wasted bandwidth between copy and paste of the same data over and over again,when the PS4 doesn't have this issues.

Digital Foundry: And you have CPU read access to the ESRAM, right? This wasn't available on Xbox 360 eDRAM.

Nick Baker: We do but it's very slow.

They lied in the hotships convention and they lie to DF,the CPU on XBO has no access to ESRAM like VGleaks documents showed since it was leak and MS confirmed it months latter after launch.

Is funny the part in quoted which you are disputing state very clear that the PC version of Forza 5 was running slower,but when they used DX12 tool FROM the xbox one the game was running smooth,what does that tell.?

Yeah that the tools that bring the performance upgrade to PC are already inside the xbox one..lol

So yeah forgive me for not believing it,DX12 is first on xbox one than PC,and is not complete because hardware features are not compatible with it,just like DX10 on xbox 360.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

Yeah they also say games would speak for them self on launch,they also say their CPU could see data on ESRAM,they also say you get diminishing returns if you use more than 14CU GPU.

They say allot of shit and lies to make people like you byte into the console,MS was all about appearances,they didn't care about power this gen until people begin to complain,then they change their vision from DRM,TV and kinect, and try to focus on making the xbox one seeing stronger than it is,late up clock,cloud,DX12,the only way MS can really increase performance is by rising the clock speed again or unlocking the 2 dead CU the xbox one has,there is no other way,the rest of the things are cosmetic which will barely improve anything.

Fact is that they openly lie about their CPU having a connection with ESRAM which some months ago was let slit silently into one of their presentation,the CPU has no ESRAM access at all.Why MS would lie about something so stupid you may ask.?

Because by that time there rumors were that the xbox one wasn't true HSA design like the PS4,because it had 2 memory address and ESRAM was off limits to the CPU,this may seen like nothing to you,but it isn't because it means the xbox one has to wasted bandwidth between copy and paste of the same data over and over again,when the PS4 doesn't have this issues.

Digital Foundry: And you have CPU read access to the ESRAM, right? This wasn't available on Xbox 360 eDRAM.

Nick Baker: We do but it's very slow.

They lied in the hotships convention and they lie to DF,the CPU on XBO has no access to ESRAM like VGleaks documents showed since it was leak and MS confirmed it months latter after launch.

Is funny the part in quoted which you are disputing state very clear that the PC version of Forza 5 was running slower,but when they used DX12 tool FROM the xbox one the game was running smooth,what does that tell.?

Yeah that the tools that bring the performance upgrade to PC are already inside the xbox one..lol

So yeah forgive me for not believing it,DX12 is first on xbox one than PC,and is not complete because hardware features are not compatible with it,just like DX10 on xbox 360.

Diminishing returns is a real thing.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

Cant believe there is nearly 300 posts talking about 180p.

Console exclusive games/services/experiance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 180p resolution increase

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Console exclusive games/services/experiance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 180p resolution increase

and to that SDC.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

you forgot to mention that "180p" means 33% more pixels on screen.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#294 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@tdkmillsy said:

experiance

you forgot to mention that "180p" means 33% more pixels on screen.

And that full 1080p means that the game isn't displayed with the Xbox One's busted-ass upscaler.

Hyfrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#295 Hyfrin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Honestly I hope they can fix this defferences between resolution. I know LotF is not a first game which have a problems to achieve 1080p on XBOX ONE. I think Microsoft do everything to fix this problem.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@tdkmillsy said:

What games?

CrashNeoSigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By CrashNeoSigma
Member since 2014 • 50 Posts

Don't matter none ... Xbox One has the games with better online and controller

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Diminishing returns is a real thing.

Yeah i would love to have the diminishing return of the 7970 inside the PS4.

Man don't you get it.? That was a total lie and pore damage control..lol

MS claimed they balance their hardware at 14CU and claim sony agree with them because they believe in the whole 14+4 crap,it was just pure damage controls because their GPU was weak,more CU = more performance period.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#300  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

TL:DR Xbone is an underpowered "next gen" device and will keep on being it the rest of the gen... Despite teh cloud and dx12.

Deal with it lemmings.