Looks like PC games are fully forced on Windows 8.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-windows-7-retailers-sales-deadline,25326.html

The worst desktop Operating system is now the Operating system of the future. Windows 7 is no longer going to be sold. Which means I will probably not be gaming on PC because I refuse to use Windows 8 as a desktop operating system. Already a lot of games require 8 to play (for some reason) but now it will be the only.

Seems Windows 7 won't be the next XP after all.

#2 Posted by farrell2k (4601 posts) -

And what's so bad about Windows 8, besides the fact that graphics performance gets worse with every OS release despite having more powerful graphics hardware? :)

#3 Edited by R3FURBISHED (9443 posts) -

Titanfall is Windows 7

@Jakandsigz EDIT: You know what they say about assumptions, TC? This thread is nothing but you assuming.

#4 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Good riddance

#5 Posted by Cyberdot (3352 posts) -

Fuck Microsoft.

They should keep producing and selling Windows 7 for the next 5 years.

#6 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Titanfall is Windows 7

@Jakandsigz EDIT: You know what they say about assumptions, TC? This thread is nothing but you assuming.

What am I assuming> That Microsofts announcement did not happen when it did? Yo did read me say a "lol" of games already require windows 8 right? You know what they say about reading R3?

#7 Edited by 04dcarraher (18407 posts) -

Dual boot does wonders if developers decide to go native 8 only which will not happen for years.

#8 Edited by adamosmaki (9280 posts) -

What games require windows 8 exactly and windows 7 are not working with them.?

Also Computerworld points out that Microsoft's end-of-retail-sales date is a meaningless deadline, as many online retailers will continue to sell the software long after Microsoft pulls the plug and windows 7 will be probably be supported for quite a few years as well

#9 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Also Computerworld points out that Microsoft's end-of-retail-sales date is a meaningless deadline, as many online retailers will continue to sell the software long after Microsoft pulls the plug and windows 7 will be probably be supported for quite a few years as well

You mean resale. Which does not really count, because MS is not shipping the, new copies. Windows 7 will be supported, but not much for games.

#10 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

You mean resale. Which does not really count, because MS is not shipping the, new copies. Windows 7 will be supported, but not much for games.

#11 Posted by R3FURBISHED (9443 posts) -

exactly this @Jakandsigz

#12 Posted by adamosmaki (9280 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

Who said win7 wont be supported for games ? Name 1 game that requires Win8 and does not work under win7

#13 Posted by clyde46 (41980 posts) -

Stupid TC is stupid. Nowhere in that article does it say that MS will stop supporting Win7 and nowhere does it say that games will require Win8 to run.

#14 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Stupid TC is stupid. Nowhere in that article does it say that MS will stop supporting Win7 and nowhere does it say that games will require Win8 to run.

I never said the first part of your sentence only your second. I also never said that all games require windows 8. I said "a lot" do.

#15 Edited by edidili (3419 posts) -
#16 Posted by clyde46 (41980 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I never said the first part of your sentence only your second. I also never said that all games require windows 8. I said "a lot" do.

Show me a list of games that require Win8 to run. Don't include games that also run on Win7 as well.

#17 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4622 posts) -

Yarr Harr

No one buys Windows

#18 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (23658 posts) -

I still ain't upgrading.

#19 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15588 posts) -

Did you read the link? You can still buy Windows 7, they're just not selling it to PC retailers.

Also, please give me a list of "a lot" of games that require Windows 8 to run. We'll wait.

#20 Posted by plageus900 (774 posts) -

PC Master Race doesn't let a silly operating system dictate whether it games on a PC or not.

I have Windows 8, I don't like it's UI, but I have no problems playing games on it.

#21 Posted by MK-Professor (3468 posts) -
#22 Posted by Snugenz (11113 posts) -

Windows 8 is perfectly fine, the only issue is Metro which can be entirely ignored now.

#23 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@clyde46 said:

Show me a list of games that require Win8 to run. Don't include games that also run on Win7 as well.

Asphalt 8: Airborne

Dungeon Hunter 4

Total Conquest

Six Guns

Kingdoms & Lords

4 ELEMENTS II SPECIAL EDITION

ADERA: EPISODE 1, 2, AND 3

RECKLESS RACING ULTIMATE

And these are just a handful.

#24 Edited by freedomfreak (36387 posts) -

Reckless Racing Ultimate requires Windows 8?

WTF Microsoft?!

#25 Edited by clyde46 (41980 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@clyde46 said:

Dungeon Hunter 4

Total Conquest

Six Guns

Kingdoms & Lords

RECKLESS RACING ULTIMATE

So a small list of games then....

#26 Edited by MK-Professor (3468 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@clyde46 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@clyde46 said:

Dungeon Hunter 4

Total Conquest

Six Guns

Kingdoms & Lords

RECKLESS RACING ULTIMATE

All I see is some stupid indie developers that decide to limit the user base of their own games LOL

#27 Edited by edidili (3419 posts) -

@Jakandsigz: I had to google them all since couldn't recognize any of them. They all showed google play links, android games.

I don't give a crap about these touch optimized games dude but them being optimized for touch makes a lot of sense to be on 8. 7 is not made to run on tablets too, unlike 8.

#28 Posted by ShepardCommandr (1511 posts) -

Just because it's not being sold doesn't mean that you can't obtain it....

#29 Edited by adamosmaki (9280 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@clyde46 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@clyde46 said:

Dungeon Hunter 4

Total Conquest

Six Guns

Kingdoms & Lords

RECKLESS RACING ULTIMATE

and a small list of games that are made for mobile phones. Those games are available on android and iOS. Oh the quality games we are missing poor us

#30 Edited by ShadowDeathX (10482 posts) -

LOL @Windows 8 haters.

#31 Edited by aroxx_ab (8639 posts) -

Guess i get Steam OS or Linux next then if Windows not going back to "normal"

#32 Edited by Daious (427 posts) -

minus none of my drivers working after windows 8.1, the OS isn't too horrible

#33 Edited by bobbetybob (18831 posts) -

Step 1: Download Classic Shell

Step 2: NOTHING

That is literally all you have to do to never seen the Windows 8 tablet interface ever again.

#34 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (15939 posts) -

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-windows-7-retailers-sales-deadline,25326.html

The worst desktop Operating system is now the Operating system of the future. Windows 7 is no longer going to be sold. Which means I will probably not be gaming on PC because I refuse to use Windows 8 as a desktop operating system. Already a lot of games require 8 to play (for some reason) but now it will be the only.

What are these games you speak of the require Windows 8? I have yet to run into this issue. I know that Spark game that has yet to release is that way, but other than that, I don't know of any.

#35 Posted by -Unreal- (24446 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Your thread title says PC gamers are forced on Windows 8.

#37 Posted by Messiahbolical- (5530 posts) -

Classic Shell takes like 1 minute to install and transforms windows 8 into windows 7

#38 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Damage control, you did not tell me to list all 323 games. You said list games not ist X amount. You are clearly scared.

#39 Edited by lunar1122 (565 posts) -

the only noticeable game requiring windows 8 is Project Spark..

However if microsoft feels they can play dirty with pc owners to force them to upgrade when clearly its not necessary.. Its going to force the worst out of people..and that is fresh piratebay trips for your brand spanking new operating system. These sort of dirty tactics will result in pc owners playing dirty as well.

#40 Posted by hiphops_savior (7564 posts) -

One of the biggest criticism I have heard about Windows 8 is the fact that it requires you to go through Metro. Start8 makes that a non factor, it's only 5 bucks, and its 5 bucks I've had no regrets spending.

#41 Edited by lunar1122 (565 posts) -

@hiphops_savior said:

One of the biggest criticism I have heard about Windows 8 is the fact that it requires you to go through Metro. Start8 makes that a non factor, it's only 5 bucks, and its 5 bucks I've had no regrets spending.

the fact that you bought a new operating system, And had to buy start 8... How can people call this an upgrade? What did windows 8 bring for you that windows 7 isnt already doing?

The answer is nothing.. Microsoft is playing dirty and just wants people upgrading for the sake of upgrading because its "newer". They were in this situation with windows XP as well. They made XP to good, so when vista came out it was a disaster and nobody wanted to upgrade.. They then rushed and got a windows 7 version out since vista was doing so bad. Windows 7 was good and is now the mainstay for DX11 gaming. I see absolutely no reason to upgrade for crap like dx 11.2 . Windows 8 is a money sink.. I was very excited about Project Spark initially, but since the windows 8 requirement i have written it off my charts . If microsoft dare trys to pull a fast one on Titanfall by claiming Windows 8 only.. That would be it. No shame will i have in pirating the windows... No shame to admit it. Playing dirty is never going to get consumer approval and more likely than not will backfire. PC is masterrace for a reason.. We don't actually have to put up with the b.s from corporate douchebags.

#42 Edited by uninspiredcup (4686 posts) -

Most pc gamers don't buy crap anyway. They should just make xbox.

#43 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (5682 posts) -

I'm not even aware of any games that are coming out that don't support Vista.

#44 Posted by AndyAlfredo (1380 posts) -

I have no problems with Windows 8. I do think that it works much better as a mobile platform, and Metro is pretty terrible with mouse control only. Touchpad gestures and touchscreens help with this. I think Microsoft should go sort of like Apple. Keep one OS for phones, tablets, and ultrabooks and another OS for desktops and standard laptops.

#45 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (14734 posts) -

@hiphops_savior said:

Why go through all that trouble? Going to the Desktop is just a mouse click away. With 8.1, it can go straight to the desktop. Even with a mouse only, Metro isn't hard to navigate if some use it at all.

99.9% of my time is spent here.

#46 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13442 posts) -
#47 Posted by the_bi99man (10916 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@clyde46 said:

Dungeon Hunter 4

Total Conquest

Six Guns

Kingdoms & Lords

RECKLESS RACING ULTIMATE

Never heard of a single one.

Name one mainstream game, by a non-indie dev, that people might have heard of, which requires windows 8/won't run on 7.

#48 Edited by ronvalencia (15065 posts) -

Windows 8.0 was replaced by Windows 8.1

#49 Posted by silversix_ (12538 posts) -

Windown 8,1 isn't that bad, calm your tits

#50 Edited by 1oh1nine1 (779 posts) -

No. There is another.

(Someone photoshop a Yoda-Gabe-Tux pic, pronto!)