LOLz.. ps4 voice commands is so much better

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

on xbone it's a pain in the ass you feel like a parrot repeating yourself over and over again. you just want to kick kinect in the face what a waste of energy talking too Xbone

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

I know right? even GS said that the voice recognition is better on the PS4.

This is so strange.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

'LOLz... ps4 voice commands is so much better'

I can forgive your internet bullshit speak, but I cannot tolerate 'commands is so much better'.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

No it's not, Voice command technology sucks today.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

I'll say this: Both are great when they work. You an do more with the One by far. And often with fewer commands.

One: "Xbox...go to Killer Instinct"

PS4: "Playstation...Battlefield...Start."

It's faster to start a game up on the One, but on the PS4 you don't have to say the whole name like you do on the One. Those who have a One know that if you wanted to play Battlefield 4 you'd have to say, "Battlefield 4". Or "NBA 2K14". On the PS4, you can simply say, "Battlefield", or "NBA", or "KillZone" and it will intuitively go to the right game. Hopefully the One will be updated with similar shorthand functionality.

Also, I'm less likely to use PS4 voice commands because it's fast and easy to just go through the UI. The One can feel a bit cluttered and busy, so using the voice commands tends to feel almost necessary at times.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

I'll say this: Both are great when they work. You an do more with the One by far. And often with fewer commands.

One: "Xbox...go to Killer Instinct"

PS4: "Playstation...Battlefield...Start."

It's faster to start a game up on the One, but on the PS4 you don't have to say the whole name like you do on the One. Those who have a One know that if you wanted to play Battlefield 4 you'd have to say, "Battlefield 4". Or "NBA 2K14". On the PS4, you can simply say, "Battlefield", or "NBA", or "KillZone" and it will intuitively go to the right game. Hopefully the One will be updated with similar shorthand functionality.

Also, I'm less likely to use PS4 voice commands because it's fast and easy to just go through the UI. The One can feel a bit cluttered and busy, so using the voice commands tends to feel almost necessary at times.

Nailed It, and summed it up quite nicely I must say. ;)

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

I just say Xbox plat battlefield and it starts bf4

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

The Tested review is hilarious with them having to constantly repeat.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Kinect is a over priced piece of s...

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

i don't know about the xbone

but the ps4 voice commands could do some work.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

On the PS4, you can simply say, "Battlefield", or "NBA", or "KillZone" and it will intuitively go to the right game. Hopefully the One will be updated with similar shorthand functionality.

Yes that's going to work great when you have nba 2k14 and nba 2k15

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Voice recognition is a useless feature imo. I dont want to look like a fool speaking to an inanimate piece of tech just because its a novelty. Its stupid

pass

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

@Vatusus I was skeptical too but it's so easy that I've found myself using them all the time.

If you have an issue talking to your xbox/ps in the privacy of your own home you might want to get some counseling. Haha j/k of course.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

on xbone it's a pain in the ass you feel like a parrot repeating yourself over and over again. you just want to kick kinect in the face what a waste of energy talking too Xbone

PS4 Voice command has like what 12 commands? You also have to go out and buy the camera for $60 as well. Can hook the camera to your cable tv. Can't use it to redeem codes (at least not until Sony copies that too), can't tell a game to launch, no snap technology, etc...

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dreams-Visions

@Evo_nine said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

On the PS4, you can simply say, "Battlefield", or "NBA", or "KillZone" and it will intuitively go to the right game. Hopefully the One will be updated with similar shorthand functionality.

Yes that's going to work great when you have nba 2k14 and nba 2k15

In which case, you'd just be specific and say, "NBA 2K14" or "NBA 2K15".

But you're a smart lad, so I didn't need to explain the painfully obvious, right? That much is clear to anyone intelligent enough to wake and dress themselves in the morning.

It's great to be able to say a bare minimum and get where you want to go. Period.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

Get what you pay for, oh wait, some didn't have a choice.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

Both are fine to start games, just with the xbone you have to say full game name like Ryse: Son of Rome instead of just Ryse.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

Both are inferior to pressing a button. But even as a Playstation fan, I'm finding the Kinect's voice recognition works better. The ps4's doesn't seem to pick my voice up while I'm playing a game, while the Xbox One's seemingly always hears me.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

PS4 Voice command has like what 12 commands? You also have to go out and buy the camera for $60 as well. Can hook the camera to your cable tv. Can't use it to redeem codes (at least not until Sony copies that too), can't tell a game to launch, no snap technology, etc...

Actually, no. The voice commands work with the headset. You don't need the camera. It's just better to use the camera I believe.

But yeah. The voice commands are lacking (granted they're pretty responsive). I hope Sony updates them in the future (they said they will).

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

PS4 Voice command has like what 12 commands? You also have to go out and buy the camera for $60 as well.

Correction:

Actually, you don't have to buy the camera for PS4 Voice commands, just plug in the mic that comes in the PS4 box and the voice commands work from there.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@DrRockso87 said:

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

PS4 Voice command has like what 12 commands? You also have to go out and buy the camera for $60 as well.

Actually, no. The voice commands work with the headset. You don't need the camera. It's just better to use the camera I believe.

But yeah. The voice commands are lacking (granted they're pretty responsive). I hope Sony updates them in the future (they said they will).

Beat me by a two minutes, lol. I'll blame the refresh!

I know for a fact I've explained that a dozen times in SW though, but some users don't listen, some never saw it, some don't care, and some just like to troll.

Personally, I'm not a fan of voice commands for either machine, maybe next gen...probably not though. I live in a noisy house.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dreams-Visions

@SolidTy said:

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

Correction:

Actually, you don't have to buy the camera for PS4 Voice commands, just plug in the mic that comes in the PS4 box and the voice commands work from there.

Yep.

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

LOL

wow I can't believe I'm seeing cows actually post alluding to jealousy of Kinect.

WOW

WOW!!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Both are fine to start games, just with the xbone you have to say full game name like Ryse: Son of Rome instead of just Ryse.

No you don't. I've started Ryse by just saying " Xbox go to Ryse".

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Pretty hilarious that Sony barely even has to try and they do a better job at voice recognition than Microshaft.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "ps4 voice commands is so much better". In fact, I would never say that. xD

The thing that the PS4 did so much better was make a UI that wasn't a total clusterfuck to use with a controller. No voice needed to access anything and everything quickly, just how a proper console should be handled.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AdobeArtist  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

When it's an opinion piece with no supporting evidence, it belongs in your blog.