LOLz.. ps4 voice commands is so much better

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by lglz1337 (4086 posts) -

on xbone it's a pain in the ass you feel like a parrot repeating yourself over and over again. you just want to kick kinect in the face what a waste of energy talking too Xbone

#2 Posted by EZs (1410 posts) -

I know right? even GS said that the voice recognition is better on the PS4.

This is so strange.

#3 Posted by plageus900 (1231 posts) -

'LOLz... ps4 voice commands is so much better'

I can forgive your internet bullshit speak, but I cannot tolerate 'commands is so much better'.

#4 Posted by Joedgabe (5132 posts) -

No it's not, Voice command technology sucks today.

#5 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

I'll say this: Both are great when they work. You an do more with the One by far. And often with fewer commands.

One: "Xbox...go to Killer Instinct"

PS4: "Playstation...Battlefield...Start."

It's faster to start a game up on the One, but on the PS4 you don't have to say the whole name like you do on the One. Those who have a One know that if you wanted to play Battlefield 4 you'd have to say, "Battlefield 4". Or "NBA 2K14". On the PS4, you can simply say, "Battlefield", or "NBA", or "KillZone" and it will intuitively go to the right game. Hopefully the One will be updated with similar shorthand functionality.

Also, I'm less likely to use PS4 voice commands because it's fast and easy to just go through the UI. The One can feel a bit cluttered and busy, so using the voice commands tends to feel almost necessary at times.

#6 Posted by remiks00 (2444 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

I'll say this: Both are great when they work. You an do more with the One by far. And often with fewer commands.

One: "Xbox...go to Killer Instinct"

PS4: "Playstation...Battlefield...Start."

It's faster to start a game up on the One, but on the PS4 you don't have to say the whole name like you do on the One. Those who have a One know that if you wanted to play Battlefield 4 you'd have to say, "Battlefield 4". Or "NBA 2K14". On the PS4, you can simply say, "Battlefield", or "NBA", or "KillZone" and it will intuitively go to the right game. Hopefully the One will be updated with similar shorthand functionality.

Also, I'm less likely to use PS4 voice commands because it's fast and easy to just go through the UI. The One can feel a bit cluttered and busy, so using the voice commands tends to feel almost necessary at times.

Nailed It, and summed it up quite nicely I must say. ;)

#7 Posted by Scipio8 (798 posts) -

I just say Xbox plat battlefield and it starts bf4

#8 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

The Tested review is hilarious with them having to constantly repeat.

#9 Edited by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

Kinect is a over priced piece of s...

#11 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4030 posts) -

i don't know about the xbone

but the ps4 voice commands could do some work.

#12 Edited by Evo_nine (2089 posts) -

@Dreams-Visions said:

On the PS4, you can simply say, "Battlefield", or "NBA", or "KillZone" and it will intuitively go to the right game. Hopefully the One will be updated with similar shorthand functionality.

Yes that's going to work great when you have nba 2k14 and nba 2k15

#13 Posted by Vatusus (5106 posts) -

Voice recognition is a useless feature imo. I dont want to look like a fool speaking to an inanimate piece of tech just because its a novelty. Its stupid

pass

#14 Posted by remaGloohcSdlO (4152 posts) -

@Vatusus I was skeptical too but it's so easy that I've found myself using them all the time.

If you have an issue talking to your xbox/ps in the privacy of your own home you might want to get some counseling. Haha j/k of course.

#15 Posted by blackace (21319 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

on xbone it's a pain in the ass you feel like a parrot repeating yourself over and over again. you just want to kick kinect in the face what a waste of energy talking too Xbone

PS4 Voice command has like what 12 commands? You also have to go out and buy the camera for $60 as well. Can hook the camera to your cable tv. Can't use it to redeem codes (at least not until Sony copies that too), can't tell a game to launch, no snap technology, etc...

#16 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

On the PS4, you can simply say, "Battlefield", or "NBA", or "KillZone" and it will intuitively go to the right game. Hopefully the One will be updated with similar shorthand functionality.

Yes that's going to work great when you have nba 2k14 and nba 2k15

In which case, you'd just be specific and say, "NBA 2K14" or "NBA 2K15".

But you're a smart lad, so I didn't need to explain the painfully obvious, right? That much is clear to anyone intelligent enough to wake and dress themselves in the morning.

It's great to be able to say a bare minimum and get where you want to go. Period.

#17 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6743 posts) -

Get what you pay for, oh wait, some didn't have a choice.

#18 Posted by Heil68 (46737 posts) -

Both are fine to start games, just with the xbone you have to say full game name like Ryse: Son of Rome instead of just Ryse.

#19 Posted by RealJaysonguy (236 posts) -

Both are inferior to pressing a button. But even as a Playstation fan, I'm finding the Kinect's voice recognition works better. The ps4's doesn't seem to pick my voice up while I'm playing a game, while the Xbox One's seemingly always hears me.

#20 Edited by DrRockso87 (2548 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

PS4 Voice command has like what 12 commands? You also have to go out and buy the camera for $60 as well. Can hook the camera to your cable tv. Can't use it to redeem codes (at least not until Sony copies that too), can't tell a game to launch, no snap technology, etc...

Actually, no. The voice commands work with the headset. You don't need the camera. It's just better to use the camera I believe.

But yeah. The voice commands are lacking (granted they're pretty responsive). I hope Sony updates them in the future (they said they will).

#21 Posted by SolidTy (45719 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

PS4 Voice command has like what 12 commands? You also have to go out and buy the camera for $60 as well.

Correction:

Actually, you don't have to buy the camera for PS4 Voice commands, just plug in the mic that comes in the PS4 box and the voice commands work from there.

#22 Edited by SolidTy (45719 posts) -
@DrRockso87 said:

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

PS4 Voice command has like what 12 commands? You also have to go out and buy the camera for $60 as well.

Actually, no. The voice commands work with the headset. You don't need the camera. It's just better to use the camera I believe.

But yeah. The voice commands are lacking (granted they're pretty responsive). I hope Sony updates them in the future (they said they will).

Beat me by a two minutes, lol. I'll blame the refresh!

I know for a fact I've explained that a dozen times in SW though, but some users don't listen, some never saw it, some don't care, and some just like to troll.

Personally, I'm not a fan of voice commands for either machine, maybe next gen...probably not though. I live in a noisy house.

#23 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@blackace said:

@lglz1337 said:

Correction:

Actually, you don't have to buy the camera for PS4 Voice commands, just plug in the mic that comes in the PS4 box and the voice commands work from there.

Yep.

#24 Edited by picklesurprise (184 posts) -

LOL

wow I can't believe I'm seeing cows actually post alluding to jealousy of Kinect.

WOW

WOW!!

#25 Posted by kingtito (5216 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Both are fine to start games, just with the xbone you have to say full game name like Ryse: Son of Rome instead of just Ryse.

No you don't. I've started Ryse by just saying " Xbox go to Ryse".

#26 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Pretty hilarious that Sony barely even has to try and they do a better job at voice recognition than Microshaft.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "ps4 voice commands is so much better". In fact, I would never say that. xD

The thing that the PS4 did so much better was make a UI that wasn't a total clusterfuck to use with a controller. No voice needed to access anything and everything quickly, just how a proper console should be handled.

#27 Posted by AdobeArtist (23026 posts) -

When it's an opinion piece with no supporting evidence, it belongs in your blog.