LOL, Knack causes PS4 to overheat and crash.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8990 posts) -

Translated, these guys are feeling the hot air getting pushed out of the PS4. Knack (the only game running on retail PS4 at this time) slows down then crashes. Enjoy!

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/KVrCKo3EJh/Gamekyo_Live_PlayStation_4_-_YouTube_1.mp4.html

#2 Posted by always_explicit (3097 posts) -

Bad times hahaha

#3 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

What's the point, when you don't even see the PS4?

That said, there could be some truth to all of these overheating reports... the PS4 is cramped in a really small box, we never seen the inside of it, and while Sony PR praises the cooling, I'm suspicious.

#4 Posted by dogfather76 (589 posts) -

It doesn't matter. No one is going to buy Knack anyways.

#5 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

#SDC #Day One Baybaaaaaay Awwwwwwwww YEEEEAAAAAAHHHhhhhh!

#6 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

there goes that "sexy design" that you will see on your black on black entertainment setup.

#7 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -

Hard to tell whether that is just a glitch/bug in the game.

Knack showed some performance issues.

#8 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8990 posts) -

@SaltyMeatballs said:

Hard to tell whether that is just a glitch/bug in the game.

Knack showed some performance issues.

Yes, this was translated and they are talking about how hot the air is pushing out. Hey, I didn't make the vid or the PS4. I am just bringing to light that you still have time to cancel your pre order and save yourself some headache.

#9 Edited by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@SaltyMeatballs said:

Hard to tell whether that is just a glitch/bug in the game.

Knack showed some performance issues.

Yes, this was translated and they are talking about how hot the air is pushing out. Hey, I didn't make the vid or the PS4. I am just bringing to light that you still have time to cancel your pre order and save yourself some headache.

And they say only cows preaching :roll:

#10 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@SaltyMeatballs said:

Hard to tell whether that is just a glitch/bug in the game.

Knack showed some performance issues.

Yes, this was translated and they are talking about how hot the air is pushing out. Hey, I didn't make the vid or the PS4. I am just bringing to light that you still have time to cancel your pre order and save yourself some headache.

Is it hotter than normal or what? It is meant to push out hot air in general.

Pre-order ratified.

#11 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@SaltyMeatballs said:

Hard to tell whether that is just a glitch/bug in the game.

Knack showed some performance issues.

Yes, this was translated and they are talking about how hot the air is pushing out. Hey, I didn't make the vid or the PS4. I am just bringing to light that you still have time to cancel your pre order and save yourself some headache.

If the god awful launch lineup doesn't stop them then this certainly wont.

#12 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@SaltyMeatballs said:

Hard to tell whether that is just a glitch/bug in the game.

Knack showed some performance issues.

Yes, this was translated and they are talking about how hot the air is pushing out. Hey, I didn't make the vid or the PS4. I am just bringing to light that you still have time to cancel your pre order and save yourself some headache.

If the god awful launch lineup doesn't stop them then this certainly wont.

lol as if the X1 launch lineup is any better. Lems' delusion...

#13 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8990 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

What's the point, when you don't even see the PS4?

That said, there could be some truth to all of these overheating reports... the PS4 is cramped in a really small box, we never seen the inside of it, and while Sony PR praises the cooling, I'm suspicious.

The full length vid they show the PS4 at the end. Working on the link now.

#14 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@SaltyMeatballs said:

Hard to tell whether that is just a glitch/bug in the game.

Knack showed some performance issues.

Yes, this was translated and they are talking about how hot the air is pushing out. Hey, I didn't make the vid or the PS4. I am just bringing to light that you still have time to cancel your pre order and save yourself some headache.

If the god awful launch lineup doesn't stop them then this certainly wont.

lol as if the X1 launch lineup is any better. Lems' delusion...

Cow denial

#15 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

If the god awful launch lineup doesn't stop them then this certainly wont.

lol as if the X1 launch lineup is any better. Lems' delusion...

Cow denial

Name a good new IP from MS.

#16 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8990 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@SaltyMeatballs said:

Hard to tell whether that is just a glitch/bug in the game.

Knack showed some performance issues.

Yes, this was translated and they are talking about how hot the air is pushing out. Hey, I didn't make the vid or the PS4. I am just bringing to light that you still have time to cancel your pre order and save yourself some headache.

And they say only cows preaching :roll:

Whatever that means. Props for the DC though.

#17 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9493 posts) -

It didn't cause the system to crash. The game crashed. How do explain the fact that he can jump in and out of the OS without an issue? It's most likely a software bug.

#18 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8990 posts) -

Knack, Knack

Who's there?

2fps

#19 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

If the god awful launch lineup doesn't stop them then this certainly wont.

lol as if the X1 launch lineup is any better. Lems' delusion...

Cow denial

Name a good new IP from MS.

Crimson Dragon

#20 Posted by hoosier7 (3976 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness said:

It didn't cause the system to crash. The game crashed. How do explain the fact that he can jump in and out of the OS without an issue? It's most likely a software bug.

And we have a winner, doubt that'll stop the lems who seem to be particularly rabid at the moment.

#21 Posted by Heil68 (47171 posts) -

When you are pushing the boundaries of play like Sony is with the most powerful video game console ever created, these can happen.

Keep it up Sony, we are humbled.

#22 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

Cow denial

Name a good new IP from MS.

Crimson Dragon

http://playxbla.com/crimson-dragon-side-story-for-windows-phone-launching-september-12th/

Try harder

#23 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8990 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

When you are pushing the boundaries of play like Sony is with the most powerful video game console ever created, these can happen.

Keep it up Sony, we are humbled.

Thanks! I know have to change underwear and pants from pissing so hard. Damn you!

#24 Edited by Chutebox (38285 posts) -

You know the fans are working when they push out hot air....

#25 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

You know the fans are working when they push out hot air....

You mean the console actually produces heat? :o

#26 Posted by Chutebox (38285 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@Chutebox said:

You know the fans are working when they push out hot air....

You mean the console actually produces heat? :o

Ya, who would have thought it?

#27 Edited by Heil68 (47171 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Heil68 said:

When you are pushing the boundaries of play like Sony is with the most powerful video game console ever created, these can happen.

Keep it up Sony, we are humbled.

Thanks! I know have to change underwear and pants from pissing so hard. Damn you!

I'm sure you are just as concerned about this

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-rushed-hardware-games-at-900p-hardware-fa-30850978/#181

amirite?

I guess we shouldn't buy either the Xbone or glorious PS4. *lesigh*

Well fvck it, im still day 1'n the PS4.

Awwwww yeahhhhhhh

#28 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

Cow denial

Name a good new IP from MS.

Crimson Dragon

http://playxbla.com/crimson-dragon-side-story-for-windows-phone-launching-september-12th/

Try harder

Crimson Dragon is an upcoming rail shooter video game for the Xbox One. The game is seen as a spiritual successor to thePanzer Dragoon series, not only because of its similar gameplay but also because of its returning staff; creator Yukio Futatsugi was the director of the first three Panzer Dragoon games, and composer Saori Kobayashi also co-scored Panzer Dragoon Saga andOrta. A spin-off adaptation titled Crimson Dragon: Side Story was released on September 12, 2012 for Windows Phone.[2]

#29 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9456 posts) -

Wow... It didn't over heat. Apparently you don't know what over heating looks like. The system would have locked up and then crashed to a black screen.

The system menu was still working buttery smooth. They exited the game then rebooted it.

It was a software bug.

#30 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: I didn't see any new IP mentioned, the fact that it's a spiritual successor to the Panzer dragoon series just means that it's basically the same damn thing. So nope, try harder.

#31 Posted by Chutebox (38285 posts) -

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Wow... It didn't over heat. Apparently you don't know what over heating looks like. The system would have locked up and then crashed to a black screen.

The system menu was still working buttery smooth. They exited the game then rebooted it.

It was a software bug.

But the system was pushing hot air out. That's not good, right? It's supposed to keep the hot air in!!

#32 Edited by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Knack, Knack

Who's there?

2fps

Surprisingly, that brought out an awkward laugh... :P

#33 Edited by Heil68 (47171 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Wow... It didn't over heat. Apparently you don't know what over heating looks like. The system would have locked up and then crashed to a black screen.

The system menu was still working buttery smooth. They exited the game then rebooted it.

It was a software bug.

But the system was pushing hot air out. That's not good, right? It's supposed to keep the hot air in!!

lolz

#34 Edited by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Wow... It didn't over heat. Apparently you don't know what over heating looks like. The system would have locked up and then crashed to a black screen.

The system menu was still working buttery smooth. They exited the game then rebooted it.

It was a software bug.

But the system was pushing hot air out. That's not good, right? It's supposed to keep the hot air in!!

No no no, it's supposed to push out cool air!

#35 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@Chutebox said:

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Wow... It didn't over heat. Apparently you don't know what over heating looks like. The system would have locked up and then crashed to a black screen.

The system menu was still working buttery smooth. They exited the game then rebooted it.

It was a software bug.

But the system was pushing hot air out. That's not good, right? It's supposed to keep the hot air in!!

No no no, it's supposed to push out cool air!

no, its supposed to take hot air in and pour water out

#36 Posted by Chutebox (38285 posts) -

Ok, you guys are confusing me. Is it supposed to push cold air out or water? This is very important, Sony needs to fix this.

#37 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: I didn't see any new IP mentioned, the fact that it's a spiritual successor to the Panzer dragoon series just means that it's basically the same damn thing. So nope, try harder.

That was easy.

#38 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: Thanks for admitting defeat so easily.

#39 Posted by lamprey263 (25571 posts) -

maybe it's the internal power supply

#40 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Welcome to every computer device and gaming console ever.

#41 Posted by tormentos (20166 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Translated, these guys are feeling the hot air getting pushed out of the PS4. Knack (the only game running on retail PS4 at this time) slows down then crashes. Enjoy!

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/KVrCKo3EJh/Gamekyo_Live_PlayStation_4_-_YouTube_1.mp4.html

The console didn't over heat it was a bug much like Dead Rising use to have it and slowed down like sh** and now is fixed..

Miss leading thread tittle...hahahahaa

#42 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: Thanks for admitting defeat so easily.

You have proven to have the IQ of that dog in your sig so it's probably for the best

#43 Edited by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: Thanks for admitting defeat so easily.

You have proven to have the IQ of that dog in your sig so it's probably for the best

lol dat butthurt

#44 Posted by Chutebox (38285 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: Thanks for admitting defeat so easily.

You have proven to have the IQ of that dog in your sig so it's probably for the best

Your link proved it wasn't a new IP for X1, which is what I think he was going for.

#45 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: Thanks for admitting defeat so easily.

You have proven to have the IQ of that dog in your sig so it's probably for the best

lol dat butthurt

You'll get over it

#46 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: Thanks for admitting defeat so easily.

You have proven to have the IQ of that dog in your sig so it's probably for the best

lol dat butthurt

You'll get over it

You're overheating, crashed yet?

#47 Posted by the330and419 (236 posts) -

The overhyped ps4 is having problems?!? Shocker. Lower your expectations folks. These console launches are going to be terrible. These consoles were rushed and examples like this prove it.

#48 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

I think the hot air is supposed to be pushed out of the system.

#49 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: Thanks for admitting defeat so easily.

You have proven to have the IQ of that dog in your sig so it's probably for the best

lol dat butthurt

You'll get over it

You're overheating, crashed yet?

You take this forum seriously if you think people get mad

#50 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@rjdofu said:

You're overheating, crashed yet?

You take this forum seriously if you think people get mad

Oh I think you clearly do, lol.