LMAO If Nintendo's NX Ends Up Crushing the Competition

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

I mean it could happen. The NX might do something that the general population might love. It might be more casual, but practical.

I'm guessing the NX is hardware but it's main draw will be some sort of software never seen before in a "console". Nintendo has already invested in Quality of Life. I can see it being some catch all system with software that is innovative. I can also see them going to a subscription based system that allows people to play all types of Nintendo games. I can see them going with an emulator and we might get some sweet SNES classics like FFVI etc.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@magicalclick said:

@Slimmin360: IMO N64 is a disaster in multiple ways. Leaving PS1 to dominate the gaming industry and be a distant console leader on PS2 Gen. Nintendo lost all their steam after N64. It is a disaster.

Losing FFVII was certainly the meteor that killed Nintendo's Dinosaurs. That announcement shook the industry in ways we still feel today.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@joehult said:

the snes started nintendo's downfall. They lost 50% of the share every generation since the nes, if the wii didn't exist, the graph would be a nearly perfect downward line.

Well Sega gave them serious competition with the Genesis. The SNES is Nintendo's finest console. First and third party content. It was the very thing everyone wants Nintendo to be today. The difference between the SNES and the others is the lower console sales were not due to stubborn business practices or lack of third party content.