LittleBigPlanet 2 developers jump ship

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58821 Posts

The people who made that game, have made a game, for pc.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-02-20-000-leagues-above-the-clouds-is-a-beautiful-aerial-adventure

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

How are they "jumping ships" exactly?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

afew developers=/= entire developing team

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

What a deliberately designed misleading thread title. Not even the link you posted makes such a misleading topic. BTW: It's not developers plural, TC, it's one single LBP2 audio consultant from Jan-July 2010, and this is two men.

The Audio consultant just left Rovio (Angry Birds/Casual mobile games) to make this new Indie studio with his buddy.

That Brain, this tiny new developer, only has two employees:

• Björn Albihn. Former Grin character designer from such terribad games like Terminator and Bionic Commando.

and

• Jonatan Crafoord. Also from Grin, but was fortunate enough to go onto work as an Audio Consultant with Media Molecule for 7 months back in January 2010 – July 2010 (7 months). As an Audio guy, he also had a part in Bionic Commando developer Grin and LittleBigPlanet creator Media Molecule.

It's an Indie upstart consisting of two men. One of them "Jumped Ship" from Media Molecule four years ago after spending some months there.

One of the two devs spent months at Media Molecule bouncing the industry studio after studio as an Audio consultant. One of his stops he was employed by MM for 7 months. The other from the terrible former developer house Grin who worked on Bionic Commando: Rearmed, and the 3D Bionic Commando reboot. They are actually both from Grin, but one of them got the chance to work with Media Molecule for a time four years ago.

I disliked Grin as a developer, so I'm not excited. That's the guy designing the game. The other guy is just the sound, he was LBP2 AUDIO consultant four years back for 7 months. I'm not sure the sounds this game will have will offsetting the mediocrity I suffered from as a gamer every-time I played a Grin game. I'm very skeptical given this discovery, but I'll give it a chance when it releases.

So, when you deliberately LIE and claim in your title, "LittleBigPlanet 2 developers jump ship". It was one audio guy (Crafoord) from 2010 who was employed for half a year at MM once upon at time, many studios ago. Talk about Marketing spin to sell their game. If you have it on your resume, you may as well broadcast it to sell your game...even if you were just a Sound consultant for six months four years ago. These writers really take us for fools.

Technically, both men have worked at VARIOUS studios these last four years since 2010 like Grin, Mindark, Fatshark, Rovio, Tarsier, Plotagon, etc. Nothing really exciting, this may be their big break...but terrible uninformed title. That's why I came to this thread, because of the lie your title presented, and that's not allowed in SW or at gamespot.com. Designing lies to troll an entire forum is not an approach you should take lightly, which is what you did when you created that title as trolling click bait.

tl;dr

-----

The incorrect thread title: "LittleBigPlanet 2 developers jump ship"

The Incorrect OP: "The people who made that game, have made a game, for pc."

The people that made LBP are still making games, Media Molecule (MM) and have not "jumped ship". Sony owns them. Two people are making this new indie game; one of them worked sound at MM four years ago.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

That looks amazing.

Some developers from LBP want to branch out and do their own thing. There is nothing wrong with that, also they probably wouldn't be against putting their game on PS4 if sony reached out to them.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Media Molecule made the GOTY 2013. If any members worked on that, they will be missed.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Looks okay. Something tells me this game will have micro transactions.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Hate the art style. Love the concept.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

@SolidTy:

Great work Ty ;)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@SolidTy:

Great work Ty ;)

All in a detective's days work, my dear Watson. ;)

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Thread backfire.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XboxDone74

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/01/roundup-12-new-indies-coming-to-playstation/

In other news, pc losses it's Nidhogg title to ps4.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Woah this looks amazing, I want it.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

Looks like a successor to Skies of Arcadia. Looking forward to it,.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/01/roundup-12-new-indies-coming-to-playstation/

In other news, pc losses it's Nidhogg title to ps4.

But they're not GOTY titles,why are you happy about it?

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XboxDone74

@MonsieurX: Does your Caesar looked amused, citizen?

I would like to point out WoW won goty in '04.

Carry on, citizen.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58821 Posts
@SolidTy said:

What a deliberately designed misleading thread title. Not even the link you posted makes such a misleading topic. BTW: It's not developers plural, TC, it's one single LBP2 audio consultant from Jan-July 2010, and this is two men.

The Audio consultant just left Rovio (Angry Birds/Casual mobile games) to make this new Indie studio with his buddy.

• Björn Albihn. Former Grin character designer from such terribad games like Terminator and Bionic Commando.

and

• Jonatan Crafoord. Also from Grin, but was fortunate enough to go onto work as an Audio Consultant with Media Molecule for 7 months back in January 2010 – July 2010 (7 months). As an Audio guy, he also had a part in Bionic Commando developer Grin and LittleBigPlanet creator Media Molecule.

It's an Indie upstart consisting of two men. One of them "Jumped Ship" from Media Molecule four years ago after spending some months there.

One of the two devs spent months at Media Molecule bouncing the industry studio after studio as an Audio consultant. One of his stops he was employed by MM for 7 months. The other from the terrible former developer house Grin who worked on Bionic Commando: Rearmed, and the 3D Bionic Commando reboot. They are actually both from Grin, but one of them got the chance to work with Media Molecule for a time four years ago.

I disliked Grin as a developer, so I'm not excited. That's the guy designing the game. The other guy is just the sound, he was LBP2 AUDIO consultant four years back for 7 months. I'm not sure the sounds this game will have will offsetting the mediocrity I suffered from as a gamer every-time I played a Grin game. I'm very skeptical given this discovery, but I'll give it a chance when it releases.

So, when you deliberately LIE and claim in your title, "LittleBigPlanet 2 developers jump ship". It was one audio guy (Crafoord) from 2010 who was employed for half a year at MM once upon at time, many studios ago. Talk about Marketing spin to sell their game. If you have it on your resume, you may as well broadcast it to sell your game...even if you were just a Sound consultant for six months four years ago. These writers really take us for fools.

Technically, both men have worked at VARIOUS studios these last four years since 2010 like Grin, Mindark, Fatshark, Rovio, Tarsier, Plotagon, etc. Nothing really exciting, this may be their big break...but terrible uninformed title. That's why I came to this thread, because of the lie your title presented, and that's not allowed in SW or at gamespot.com. Designing lies to troll an entire forum is not an approach you should take lightly, which is what you did when you created that title as trolling click bait.

tl;dr

-----

The people that made LBP are still making games, Media Molecule (MM) and have not "jumped ship". Sony owns them. Two people are making this new indie game; one of them worked sound at MM four years ago.

Great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX: Does your Caesar looked amused, citizen?

I would like to point out WoW won goty in '04.

Carry on, citizen.

and is still the most relevant and most played of all the GOTY's in the last 10 years :D poor peasants.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Great.

Yeah great troll you are..lol

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XboxDone74

@MBirdy88: Your Caesar would suggest you find another profession, citizen. Your skills with comedy are...trivial.

Carry on.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

"The people who made that game, have made a game, for pc."

False statements, yay.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#22 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Cool .

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

The developers at media molecule produce GOTY material.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

This is why the thread has been locked, thanks for the time saver ;)

@SolidTy said:

and

tl;dr

-----