LittleBigPlanet 2 developers jump ship

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by uninspiredcup (8941 posts) -

The people who made that game, have made a game, for pc.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-02-20-000-leagues-above-the-clouds-is-a-beautiful-aerial-adventure

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (30426 posts) -

How are they "jumping ships" exactly?

#3 Posted by lawlessx (46775 posts) -

afew developers=/= entire developing team

#4 Edited by SolidTy (43776 posts) -

What a deliberately designed misleading thread title. Not even the link you posted makes such a misleading topic. BTW: It's not developers plural, TC, it's one single LBP2 audio consultant from Jan-July 2010, and this is two men.

The Audio consultant just left Rovio (Angry Birds/Casual mobile games) to make this new Indie studio with his buddy.

That Brain, this tiny new developer, only has two employees:

• Björn Albihn. Former Grin character designer from such terribad games like Terminator and Bionic Commando.

and

• Jonatan Crafoord. Also from Grin, but was fortunate enough to go onto work as an Audio Consultant with Media Molecule for 7 months back in January 2010July 2010 (7 months). As an Audio guy, he also had a part in Bionic Commando developer Grin and LittleBigPlanet creator Media Molecule.

It's an Indie upstart consisting of two men. One of them "Jumped Ship" from Media Molecule four years ago after spending some months there.

One of the two devs spent months at Media Molecule bouncing the industry studio after studio as an Audio consultant. One of his stops he was employed by MM for 7 months. The other from the terrible former developer house Grin who worked on Bionic Commando: Rearmed, and the 3D Bionic Commando reboot. They are actually both from Grin, but one of them got the chance to work with Media Molecule for a time four years ago.

I disliked Grin as a developer, so I'm not excited. That's the guy designing the game. The other guy is just the sound, he was LBP2 AUDIO consultant four years back for 7 months. I'm not sure the sounds this game will have will offsetting the mediocrity I suffered from as a gamer every-time I played a Grin game. I'm very skeptical given this discovery, but I'll give it a chance when it releases.

So, when you deliberately LIE and claim in your title, "LittleBigPlanet 2 developers jump ship". It was one audio guy (Crafoord) from 2010 who was employed for half a year at MM once upon at time, many studios ago. Talk about Marketing spin to sell their game. If you have it on your resume, you may as well broadcast it to sell your game...even if you were just a Sound consultant for six months four years ago. These writers really take us for fools.

Technically, both men have worked at VARIOUS studios these last four years since 2010 like Grin, Mindark, Fatshark, Rovio, Tarsier, Plotagon, etc. Nothing really exciting, this may be their big break...but terrible uninformed title. That's why I came to this thread, because of the lie your title presented, and that's not allowed in SW or at gamespot.com. Designing lies to troll an entire forum is not an approach you should take lightly, which is what you did when you created that title as trolling click bait.

tl;dr

-----

The incorrect thread title: "LittleBigPlanet 2 developers jump ship"

The Incorrect OP: "The people who made that game, have made a game, for pc."

The people that made LBP are still making games, Media Molecule (MM) and have not "jumped ship". Sony owns them. Two people are making this new indie game; one of them worked sound at MM four years ago.

#5 Edited by kinectthedots (2005 posts) -

That looks amazing.

Some developers from LBP want to branch out and do their own thing. There is nothing wrong with that, also they probably wouldn't be against putting their game on PS4 if sony reached out to them.

#6 Edited by Blabadon (26588 posts) -

Media Molecule made the GOTY 2013. If any members worked on that, they will be missed.

#7 Posted by IgGy621985 (4817 posts) -

Looks okay. Something tells me this game will have micro transactions.

#8 Edited by melonfarmerz (1189 posts) -

Hate the art style. Love the concept.

#9 Posted by Heil68 (45148 posts) -

@SolidTy:

Great work Ty ;)

#10 Edited by SolidTy (43776 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@SolidTy:

Great work Ty ;)

All in a detective's days work, my dear Watson. ;)

#11 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Thread backfire.

#12 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/01/roundup-12-new-indies-coming-to-playstation/

In other news, pc losses it's Nidhogg title to ps4.

#13 Posted by BattleSpectre (6228 posts) -

Woah this looks amazing, I want it.

#14 Posted by iloveatlus (285 posts) -

Looks like a successor to Skies of Arcadia. Looking forward to it,.

#15 Edited by MonsieurX (30426 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/01/roundup-12-new-indies-coming-to-playstation/

In other news, pc losses it's Nidhogg title to ps4.

But they're not GOTY titles,why are you happy about it?

#16 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Does your Caesar looked amused, citizen?

I would like to point out WoW won goty in '04.

Carry on, citizen.

#17 Edited by uninspiredcup (8941 posts) -
@SolidTy said:

What a deliberately designed misleading thread title. Not even the link you posted makes such a misleading topic. BTW: It's not developers plural, TC, it's one single LBP2 audio consultant from Jan-July 2010, and this is two men.

The Audio consultant just left Rovio (Angry Birds/Casual mobile games) to make this new Indie studio with his buddy.

• Björn Albihn. Former Grin character designer from such terribad games like Terminator and Bionic Commando.

and

• Jonatan Crafoord. Also from Grin, but was fortunate enough to go onto work as an Audio Consultant with Media Molecule for 7 months back in January 2010July 2010 (7 months). As an Audio guy, he also had a part in Bionic Commando developer Grin and LittleBigPlanet creator Media Molecule.

It's an Indie upstart consisting of two men. One of them "Jumped Ship" from Media Molecule four years ago after spending some months there.

One of the two devs spent months at Media Molecule bouncing the industry studio after studio as an Audio consultant. One of his stops he was employed by MM for 7 months. The other from the terrible former developer house Grin who worked on Bionic Commando: Rearmed, and the 3D Bionic Commando reboot. They are actually both from Grin, but one of them got the chance to work with Media Molecule for a time four years ago.

I disliked Grin as a developer, so I'm not excited. That's the guy designing the game. The other guy is just the sound, he was LBP2 AUDIO consultant four years back for 7 months. I'm not sure the sounds this game will have will offsetting the mediocrity I suffered from as a gamer every-time I played a Grin game. I'm very skeptical given this discovery, but I'll give it a chance when it releases.

So, when you deliberately LIE and claim in your title, "LittleBigPlanet 2 developers jump ship". It was one audio guy (Crafoord) from 2010 who was employed for half a year at MM once upon at time, many studios ago. Talk about Marketing spin to sell their game. If you have it on your resume, you may as well broadcast it to sell your game...even if you were just a Sound consultant for six months four years ago. These writers really take us for fools.

Technically, both men have worked at VARIOUS studios these last four years since 2010 like Grin, Mindark, Fatshark, Rovio, Tarsier, Plotagon, etc. Nothing really exciting, this may be their big break...but terrible uninformed title. That's why I came to this thread, because of the lie your title presented, and that's not allowed in SW or at gamespot.com. Designing lies to troll an entire forum is not an approach you should take lightly, which is what you did when you created that title as trolling click bait.

tl;dr

-----

The people that made LBP are still making games, Media Molecule (MM) and have not "jumped ship". Sony owns them. Two people are making this new indie game; one of them worked sound at MM four years ago.

Great.

#18 Posted by MBirdy88 (8318 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX: Does your Caesar looked amused, citizen?

I would like to point out WoW won goty in '04.

Carry on, citizen.

and is still the most relevant and most played of all the GOTY's in the last 10 years :D poor peasants.

#19 Posted by tormentos (18334 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Great.

Yeah great troll you are..lol

#20 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@MBirdy88: Your Caesar would suggest you find another profession, citizen. Your skills with comedy are...trivial.

Carry on.

#21 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

"The people who made that game, have made a game, for pc."

False statements, yay.

#22 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3654 posts) -

Cool .

#23 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

The developers at media molecule produce GOTY material.

#24 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27866 posts) -

This is why the thread has been locked, thanks for the time saver ;)

@SolidTy said:

and

tl;dr

-----