Listen, if MS wants Take 2, their getting take 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts
who can compete with MS's money

NOT EVEN EA

and why wouldnt MS want T2? its GTA,

and if they get GTA, sony will NOT stand a chance in NA

and it looks bleak for sony in Japan too, because the lack of sales will get rid of FF and MGS for the PS3

and the 360 isnt far behind the PS3, there are a few key games that will drive sales in japan for the 360, trusty bell, Lost Oddyssey
and the Wii's novelty will wear off in Japan

although Im starting to think that if the wii is like the DS, that the wii wont be stopped in japan.. although the PSP isnt completely failing against the DS in Japan, the 360 may be like the PSP in Japan and wii like DS in japan

hell I watched a damn documentary on how the DS is used for MUCH more than games in japan, how museums integrate the DS into their Tours and stuff..

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JimJackJose
Member since 2002 • 2937 Posts
I am just waiting to hear..."GTA IV 360 Exclusive"
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts

This does't matter about money. Sony, microsoft, ea, ubisoft, and activision all have enough money to buy out 51 % of take 2 stocks allowing them to what you would call 'own' the company.

I can't believe that not one fanboy knows basic economics. I feel like not one of them has even graduated high school.

eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 eastside49er
Member since 2002 • 19559 Posts

Sony doesn't stand a chance in NA any way.

And I agree with the thread. If MS wants T2, they will get T2.

Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts

This does't matter about money. Sony, microsoft, ea, ubisoft, and activision all have enough money to buy out 51 % of take 2 stocks allowing them to what you would call 'own' the company.

I can't believe that not one fanboy knows basic economics. I feel like not one of them has even graduated high school.

nextgengaming18
MS can outbid other companied, tell me, you hold stocks for take 2, sony offers IDK $100 a share, and MS offers $500 a share.. which would you choose?
DustAmulet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DustAmulet
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts
Microsoft has all their pieces positioned so well right now. I doubt it will happen, but if they somehow got GTA exclusively for the Xbox 360, then it is check mate and game over Sony.
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nextgengaming18
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"]

supermechakirby
MS can outbid other companied, tell me, you hold stocks for take 2, sony offers IDK $100 a share, and MS offers $500 a share.. which would you choose?

There is no bidding for buying companies. Easy as that. Companies have a set value worth. If a company is failing there set value worth is lower. In order to control a company you need 51 % of the total stocks. When you buy up 51 % of the stocks. The stocks rise enormously making stock holders immediatly wanting to sell..
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Couldn't take 2 say "hell no we don't want to have anything to do with m$"?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Microsoft has all their pieces positioned so well right now. I doubt it will happen, but if they somehow got GTA exclusively for the Xbox 360, then it is check mate and game over Sony.DustAmulet
i wouldnt say checkmate. i mean it is sony, they could pull one out a miracle from there A$$ and still win this thing. i would love to see somebody other than PS3 win, but im not gonna start doubting sony completely.
eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eastside49er
If the 360 gets GTA exclusively, they basically have Europe and NA wrapped up.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
Couldn't take 2 say "hell no we don't want to have anything to do with m$"?KungfuKitten
not if they're selling, and MS is the highest bidder.
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nextgengaming18
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]Couldn't take 2 say "hell no we don't want to have anything to do with m$"?fuzzysquash

Sigh.. There isn't any bidding for selling.... It isn't an auction when you buy out companies. When the stock value worth is lower then expected. Companies sell less then they are worth now. It isn't like 2k will ever go for 50 billion $.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]Couldn't take 2 say "hell no we don't want to have anything to do with m$"?fuzzysquash

That's weird. Though people are weird, and i've never been interested in economics.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
MS is probably sitting back KNOWING that they could end it all with the acquisition of Take-Two.....then again.....they are wondering?  Do they need Take-Two to win in the first place?  And would the increased sales we would gain that we wouldn't have w/o Take-Two be with the purchase.  BUUUUTTT if Sony gets involved you can rest assured that MS will not allow that to happen IMO that's what's goin down in regards to all that
danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts
I can't remember the exact quote but during the Netscape fiasco a wise man said something like: "If Microsoft enter your market you pack up your stall and go home".
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#16 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

NOT EVEN EA

and it looks bleak for sony in Japan too, because the lack of sales will get rid of FF and MGS for the PS3

and the 360 isnt far behind the PS3, there are a few key games that will drive sales in japan for the 360, trusty bell, Lost Oddyssey

although Im starting to think that if the wii is like the DS, that the wii wont be stopped in japan.. although the PSP isnt completely failing against the DS in Japan, the 360 may be like the PSP in Japan and wii like DS in japan

hell I watched a damn documentary on how the DS is used for MUCH more than games in japan, how museums integrate the DS into their Tours and stuff..

supermechakirby

This is where I stopped reading.  360 is my favorite console this gen, and even I'm not this delusional. :lol:
obi_kenobi24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 obi_kenobi24
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts
Yeah losing DMC was a blow, but I believe that would be it for Sony in NA and Europe if MS bought Take 2 and got GTA exclusive to them. If that happened Sony might as well pack up and go home and try to rethink how to win their own region from Nintendo

Who knows how this will all go down, but it will be interesting to say the least
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
First the company isn't for sell yet. This move was done by the executives to shutup the other investment firm that wants to get rid of them. It's a power struggle which almost everyone has missed. If they sell who would want to spend 2 billion to acquire the company as a whole? If it is sold an investment firm will buy it, not MS, not Sony, not EA etc. The reason because an investment firm will want to break it apart and sell the bits to others. Ex. Sell Rockstar, sell 2K sports etc. They will make more money by breaking it up and selling it that way. Then possible MS or sony or EA etc will buy a piece but not until then. Also I have notice that some people think that MS doesn't have the free cash flow (key word here) that sony has. Actually MS has nearly 10X the amount of free cash than sony. So a major acquisition from them (2 billion) would be greater than people may actually realize.
eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 eastside49er
MS was willing to give Nintendo 25 billion. 2 billion for Take 2 would be pocket change to MS and would pretty much guarantee them a win in Europe and NA.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#20 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
I'd love to see MS jump on this, mainly because I'd like to see how the cows here would react.  Specifically InfamousC.
audioaxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 audioaxes
Member since 2004 • 1570 Posts
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]Couldn't take 2 say "hell no we don't want to have anything to do with m$"?nextgengaming18

Sigh.. There isn't any bidding for selling.... It isn't an auction when you buy out companies. When the stock value worth is lower then expected. Companies sell less then they are worth now. It isn't like 2k will ever go for 50 billion $.

you dont know what you are talking about
a company or individual can "bid" on a company and that company can accept or deny it and there have been "bidding wars" before  to buy various companies
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I like this topic.

You can bid on a company if they put themselves for sale.  On the other hand if Take Two wants to try and salvage themselves offers can still be made, but can be denied which is not technically a bid.

If Microsoft wants it, they can get it if the majority of the stock holders in Take Two are willing to sell their stocks in the company.

The argument is MS has the deepest pockets.. so if it really came down to a money issue, well... MS would win.

nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nextgengaming18
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]Couldn't take 2 say "hell no we don't want to have anything to do with m$"?audioaxes

you dont know what you are talking about
a company or individual can "bid" on a company and that company can accept or deny it and there have been "bidding wars" before  to buy various companies

I do understand what I'm stating. When a company is failing, the way most public companies are bought out is through owning 51% of the stocks. If the company moves private, then you could bid for the company.. Youtube, and myspace weren't public.
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Trashface
Member since 2006 • 3534 Posts

NOT EVEN EA

supermechakirby
you stated the 360 wasn't far behind the ps3? The 360 is far, far BEYOND it.
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts
I am just waiting to hear..."GTA IV 360 Exclusive"JimJackJose

Why the hell would you want that?

FANBOY ALERT!!!
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Trashface
MS is not only strong financially, but it's the largest and most owerful software developer in the world. Bill Gates seems to get invloved with every single area of MS. I doubt anything will compete with MS/ 360. Basically it's a fight for 2nd between the PS3 and Wii. Whoever survives will be supported by MS so they won't be sued for having a monopoly. You know Gates is the reason Mac is still alive right? He put all kinds of money into Mac so MS could have a competitor. MS has tons of power.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
pretty much. MS has more money than...well...any company should have. :P
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

Sony doesn't stand a chance in NA any way.

And I agree with the thread. If MS wants T2, they will get T2.

eastside49er
It would be fore more likely ea or ubi would buy it as they have more to make from it xbox has yet to make m$ $1 proffit
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"]

supermechakirby

sony has more money for games than m$ just look at ps3 vs x360 they are taking a huge loss, m$ couldn't make xbox if window sales stopped while sony's game division makes money unlike m$
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 imprezawrx500
If the 360 gets GTA exclusively, they basically have Europe and NA wrapped up. eastside49er
really? I have lost interest in gta, they need to something new not just keep doing what ea does with madden
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Trashface
[QUOTE="eastside49er"]If the 360 gets GTA exclusively, they basically have Europe and NA wrapped up. imprezawrx500
really? I have lost interest in gta, they need to something new not just keep doing what ea does with madden

If GTA takes some pointers from Saint's Row, the next GTA can be revolutionary.
Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Trashface
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"]

imprezawrx500

sony has more money for games than m$ just look at ps3 vs x360 they are taking a huge loss, m$ couldn't make xbox if window sales stopped while sony's game division makes money unlike m$

Are you insane? MS doesn't just have company funds, it's president is the richest man on the planet with no one even having a chance to catch him in this lifetime. MS has limitless funds.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
they don't. EDIT: Trashface: A) he's not the president. Balmer is. B) he's leaving very soon.
chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts

Here's one reason why Microsoft might not want to buy Take Two:

They may not actually profit a huge amount from that acquisition. Setting aside the other, lesser franchises T2 owns, let's look at GTAIV. It's already simultaneous-release multiplat on PS3 and 360, and with DLC, the 360 version will be better. So the only thing that would change if MS bought T2 is that Sony would no longer have GTAIV. So that would make buying T2 a very aggressive move.

MS's goal isn't to kill Sony - it's to make as much cash as possible. Perhaps MS believes that the increase in sales of 360s due to their buying T2 would not pay for the purchase of T2 in the first place. All the extra 360 sales would have to be people who wanted a PS3 with GTA IV, and didn't want a 360, and wanted GTA IV so badly that they gave up their preferred console just to get GTA. That won't work out to a huge amount of people compared to the money MS would have to spend on T2.

Another reason why they might not want to kill sony is because they actually want some competition - IIRC, MS is being fined constantly by the US government for having a monopoly on the computing industry. Do they want that to happen with xbox as well?

Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
MS is not only strong financially, but it's the largest and most owerful software developer in the world. Bill Gates seems to get invloved with every single area of MS. I doubt anything will compete with MS/ 360. Basically it's a fight for 2nd between the PS3 and Wii. Whoever survives will be supported by MS so they won't be sued for having a monopoly. You know Gates is the reason Mac is still alive right? He put all kinds of money into Mac so MS could have a competitor. MS has tons of power.Trashface
1. :lol: 2. microsoft already said they werent bidding on take two
[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"]

Trashface

Are you insane? MS doesn't just have company funds, it's president is the richest man on the planet with no one even having a chance to catch him in this lifetime. MS has limitless funds.

3. bill gates is retiring in like the next year or couple years and he already announced he is giving all his money away to help with charity a reason warren buffet(2nd richest man on the planet) gave his billions to bill gates' foundation, so no they dont have limitless funds and MS as a company is not that rich, they arent even top 10 or 20 and their new OS isnt doing that well and getting a lot of bad press for being a ripoff of what apple did 5 years ago, and their OS business is the only thing that makes them money. so in other words you have no idea what you are spewing
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts

Here's one reason why Microsoft might not want to buy Take Two:

They may not actually profit a huge amount from that acquisition. Setting aside the other, lesser franchises T2 owns, let's look at GTAIV. It's already simultaneous-release multiplat on PS3 and 360, and with DLC, the 360 version will be better. So the only thing that would change if MS bought T2 is that Sony would no longer have GTAIV. So that would make buying T2 a very aggressive move.

MS's goal isn't to kill Sony - it's to make as much cash as possible. Perhaps MS believes that the increase in sales of 360s due to their buying T2 would not pay for the purchase of T2 in the first place. All the extra 360 sales would have to be people who wanted a PS3 with GTA IV, and didn't want a 360, and wanted GTA IV so badly that they gave up their preferred console just to get GTA. That won't work out to a huge amount of people compared to the money MS would have to spend on T2.

Another reason why they might not want to kill sony is because they actually want some competition - IIRC, MS is being fined constantly by the US government for having a monopoly on the computing industry. Do they want that to happen with xbox as well?

chutup
what makes you think the 360 version will be better, DLC what is that ? they already said ps3 is the lead SKU and that CELL and blu-ray is helping them make a better game so i dont know what you are talking about.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
I am just waiting to hear..."GTA IV 360 Exclusive"JimJackJose

I don't get why they wouldn't buy it. I know it doesn't come with the developers and is different then buying rare but man, if they make the GTA franchise exclusive that would big the biggest news I could imagine other than Halo coming to Sony in terms of games.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
If MS or Sony acquires GTA (exclusive, not timed or anything) the console war is guaranteed to go in their favour.

People say one game won't change a thing but those same people underestimate what effect GTAIV will have on the market.

I don't want anyone buying T2.
skorpion352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 skorpion352
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts

timit wont be the end of the world for sony, gta is not what has kept them going. its been games like singstar, ratchet and clank, final fantasy, killzone, resistance, gran turismo any many more. if sony loses gran turismo and singstar, then they are f#ucked, but that aint going to happen and halo and gears2 are the only things the 360 has going for it, other than that, there is no reason to get one

and everyone in this thread seams to have forgotten about jack thompson. just another reason why M$ wouldnt want to buy T2. cause there is a chance that t2 wont be around for too much longer if thompson has his way.

Trashface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Trashface
[QUOTE="Trashface"]MS is not only strong financially, but it's the largest and most owerful software developer in the world. Bill Gates seems to get invloved with every single area of MS. I doubt anything will compete with MS/ 360. Basically it's a fight for 2nd between the PS3 and Wii. Whoever survives will be supported by MS so they won't be sued for having a monopoly. You know Gates is the reason Mac is still alive right? He put all kinds of money into Mac so MS could have a competitor. MS has tons of power.Me_Ur_Daddy_
1. :lol: 2. microsoft already said they werent bidding on take two
[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"][QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"]

Trashface

3. bill gates is retiring in like the next year or couple years and he already announced he is giving all his money away to help with charity a reason warren buffet(2nd richest man on the planet) gave his billions to bill gates' foundation, so no they dont have limitless funds and MS as a company is not that rich, they arent even top 10 or 20 and their new OS isnt doing that well and getting a lot of bad press for being a ripoff of what apple did 5 years ago, and their OS business is the only thing that makes them money. so in other words you have no idea what you are spewing

You should try actually reading posts before responding. People will take you more seriously. I never said it was MS's money. i stated it was gates and that he could put as much into MS as he needed to in order to support whatever ventures they have. You seem like a bitter Mac elitist. Hopefully for your sake, i'm wrong.
panquecas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 panquecas
Member since 2004 • 1503 Posts
[QUOTE="supermechakirby"][QUOTE="nextgengaming18"]

nextgengaming18

There is no bidding for buying companies. Easy as that. Companies have a set value worth. If a company is failing there set value worth is lower. In order to control a company you need 51 % of the total stocks. When you buy up 51 % of the stocks. The stocks rise enormously making stock holders immediatly wanting to sell..

do you know what a take over is?Â