List the things that Wii should learn from the PS3..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts
Harrison said in a recent interview that the Wii should learn from PS3.. what do you think is wrong with the Wii what the PS3 did right..? and dont say online because obviously that is something the wii should learn from the 360... also i think the bold statement "Graphics" is kinda inappropriate, since the Wii sold well because of its pricepoint (which was only possible because it had **** graphics) Well anyway.. I think the Wii should have some original downloadable content the PSN has by far the best line up on that (overall the downloadable content on the wii is better IMO, but original content.. not so much)
blurb1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blurb1324
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts
More games? I know the Wii's got a great line up coming, but it's not quite like what the PS3's got.
ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
PSN does not have the best line up, it only has a handfull of games.  But anyway, I think Wii should have been able to do hd graphics, hell, the Xbox could do that.  Ok, something that's not graphic related, more orginial games, less franchies
st3wi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 st3wi3
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts
More games? I know the Wii's got a great line up coming, but it's not quite like what the PS3's got.blurb1324
well the wii will have some good first party games, that will sell well regardless the question is whether Nintendo can lock up some solid 3rd party support like sony did last generation and is continuing to do
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts

Nintendo needs online games out fast.

WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts
New IPs!!!!!!!
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
The games is the main issue. I don't want to sound fanboyish but I'm sure most would agree the Wii does need more "top quality" games if you will. They're getting SMG, SSBB, Super Paper Mario, MP3 but they need a few more.

There's a big drought too right after Super Paper Mario which is a little worrying.
blurb1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blurb1324
[QUOTE="blurb1324"]More games? I know the Wii's got a great line up coming, but it's not quite like what the PS3's got.st3wi3
well the wii will have some good first party games, that will sell well regardless the question is whether Nintendo can lock up some solid 3rd party support like sony did last generation and is continuing to do

Exactly.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
How to get good third party support
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
40 player online lag free FPS.
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 air0123
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts
the only thing that the wii needed to learn was to not cost $600.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 farnham
New IPs!!!!!!!WARRZONE
QFT! but then again.. there is wii sports
Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
How to get good third party supportpoopinloop32
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 farnham
More games? I know the Wii's got a great line up coming, but it's not quite like what the PS3's got.blurb1324

what does the PS3 have for 2007.. i dont see a killer lineup..
blurb1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blurb1324
[QUOTE="blurb1324"]More games? I know the Wii's got a great line up coming, but it's not quite like what the PS3's got.farnham

what does the PS3 have for 2007.. i dont see a killer lineup..

I'm not talking about just 2007. I'm talking about over the life of the console. Sony has always been able to drum up great 3rd party support.
bustos86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bustos86
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts
Here's that part of the interview. http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=15342&page=2

BIZ: Can you name a few things about Nintendo and Microsoft that they may have done a better job at than Sony and a few things where perhaps they could improve and learn from Sony?

PH: Both companies clearly have great strengths and they've both done some wonderful things in their respective fields. What could they learn from us? I think Nintendo, although I am very respectful of the innovation in Wii, and I think everybody should be respectful of it, I'm not sure that it has the technology base to propel that platform in the long-term. So I think their platform lifecycle is inherently going to be shorter, so they could have learned from us in terms of the high technology approach.

Microsoft's approach I think is far too built around a single game IP, one IP, and they could learn the benefits of a killer catalog rather than a killer application. And having the broad software support in multiple genres, in multiple categories, in multiple age groups is what really propels a platform for the long-term. So I think those are the differences that we see between the platforms.

LakesAreCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LakesAreCool
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts
[QUOTE="bustos86"]Here's that part of the interview. http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=15342&page=2

BIZ: Can you name a few things about Nintendo and Microsoft that they may have done a better job at than Sony and a few things where perhaps they could improve and learn from Sony?

PH: Both companies clearly have great strengths and they've both done some wonderful things in their respective fields. What could they learn from us? I think Nintendo, although I am very respectful of the innovation in Wii, and I think everybody should be respectful of it, I'm not sure that it has the technology base to propel that platform in the long-term. So I think their platform lifecycle is inherently going to be shorter, so they could have learned from us in terms of the high technology approach.

Microsoft's approach I think is far too built around a single game IP, one IP, and they could learn the benefits of a killer catalog rather than a killer application. And having the broad software support in multiple genres, in multiple categories, in multiple age groups is what really propels a platform for the long-term. So I think those are the differences that we see between the platforms.

That seems to me to be an extremely reasonable thing to say, about competitors. I don't see it really as bashing in anyway. Of course his statements are arguable, but it is also opinionized
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Socrates88
Member since 2007 • 1655 Posts
3rd party Support "The greater good is knowledge" "To control any situation, you must first have control over yourself"
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Uh... they made the PS3 shiny? Sure, the white Wii looks cool... but I guess it would have been better if it were shiny.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

In my opinion
PS3 3rd party>>>Wii 3rd party
Wii 1st party>>>PS3 1st party

Both have many impressing titles to look foward to.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="LakesAreCool"][QUOTE="bustos86"]Here's that part of the interview. http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=15342&page=2

That seems to me to be an extremely reasonable thing to say, about competitors. I don't see it really as bashing in anyway. Of course his statements are arguable, but it is also opinionized

I like to see PS3 on the other foot.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
The games is the main issue. I don't want to sound fanboyish but I'm sure most would agree the Wii does need more "top quality" games if you will. They're getting SMG, SSBB, Super Paper Mario, MP3 but they need a few more.

There's a big drought too right after Super Paper Mario which is a little worrying.
the-very-best
Wow, those are pretty much all Mario games ...i see what u mean
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

maybe they should run mario galaxies on a 360 like sony ran DMC4 on a 360 at TGS.

Sony franchises that have gone Wii: Dragon Quest(exclusively), Manhunt 2, Devil Kings, Resident Evil:UC, and Resident Evil 5, Guitar Hero (2008), Prince of Persia. 

bustos86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bustos86
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

maybe they should run mario galaxies on a 360 like sony ran DMC4 on a 360 at TGS.

Sony franchises that have gone Wii: Dragon Quest(exclusively), Manhunt 2, Devil Kings, Resident Evil:UC, and Resident Evil 5, Guitar Hero (2008), Prince of Persia.

darth-pyschosis

Capcom not Sony. (at TGS)
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
The only thing they need to learn is go opposite what Sony does this gen.