Lindsay Lohan is planning to sue Rockstar Games

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Lindsay Lohan has called in her lawyers to take action against 'Grand Theft Auto V' ... claiming video game honchos jacked her image without her permission ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us, Lohan's lawyers are currently crafting a lawsuit -- demanding Rockstar Games pay some serious money for using Lindsay's image in the game.

So the question ... did 'GTAV' really use Lindsay. Here's the evidence:

-- The video game cover shows a woman holding a cellphone who looks Lindsay-ish. There's been debate over whether it looks more like Kate Upton or Shelby Welinder.

-- Part of the game features a mission where a Lindsay Lohan look-alike asks the player to take her home and escape the paparazzi.

-- Another part of the game shows another Lindsay-like character at a hotel resembling the Chateau Marmont hotel in West Hollywood -- a place Lindsay not only frequents but once lived at -- and the mission is to photograph her having sex on camera.

No word on whether 'GTAV' execs will pay Lindsay or tell her lawyers to pound sand.

da link

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet.

Yeah, it's from TMZ, but it's still kinda funny, in a sad way.

#2 Posted by silversix_ (13538 posts) -

Dat bitch is crazy

#3 Posted by hiphops_savior (7668 posts) -

So she's actually going to admit Poppy Mitchell is actually her, or just brush it off as a parody?

#4 Posted by foxhound_fox (86812 posts) -

Screaming out for relevance.

Time to start twerking.

#5 Edited by freedomfreak (38132 posts) -

That's one way of trying to stay relevant.

#6 Edited by PSdual_wielder (10643 posts) -

Low chance she'll succeed in winning anything. I'm pretty sure there's a law of some sort saying parodies or editing a piece of source material for criticism and commentary is legal. Even if there isn't she's the only person admitting the game has parodies of her, Rockstar doesn't have to admit jack.

Going by her logic Fox news has a better claim to sue Rockstar for Weasel News than she does.

#7 Posted by mems_1224 (45714 posts) -

Lol might as well sue anyone who uses a generic white girl while you're at it you dumb idiot. Man, remember when Lohan was hot?

#8 Posted by navyguy21 (12684 posts) -

Screaming out for relevance.

Time to start twerking.

LMAOO!!!

Twerking is always the answer :P

#9 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8512 posts) -

Lindsay ! Never thought she would emerge from her hidey hole.

She should ring up Megan Fox, they have a better shot a being relevant again if they team up, strength in numbers and all that. :p

Maybe hire Miley to do some consulting work. ;)

#10 Posted by Krelian-co (9947 posts) -

apparently you can't use people on game covers, because out of 7 billion people they can resemble someone and they will sue

'MURICA

#11 Posted by hiphops_savior (7668 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: Megan Fox will become more relevant when she becomes divorced.

#12 Posted by Blabadon (25179 posts) -

I thought being naked on Playboy was working out well for her.

#13 Posted by navyguy21 (12684 posts) -

Id say its more Kate Upton than Lindsay

#14 Posted by PsychoLemons (1902 posts) -

What a world we live in...

#15 Posted by foxhound_fox (86812 posts) -

All they need to do is show this image in the courtroom and it's over for Lindsay.

#16 Edited by Arach666 (23014 posts) -

Poor girl,must be running low on money for the blow.

#17 Edited by Krelian-co (9947 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

All they need to do is show this image in the courtroom and it's over for Lindsay.

and then hello kate.

#18 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12184 posts) -

No one wants to jack your image, Lindsay. Shut up.

#19 Edited by Capitan_Kid (6509 posts) -

Kate Upton is pretty damn hot

#20 Posted by biggest_loser (23980 posts) -

Haha she wishes she looked like that (IE: Kate Upton). This chick is vanishing so quickly. Now we just need to get rid of Miley Boofhead.

#21 Posted by blamix99 (1532 posts) -

LOL that women is crazy.. i don't see any ugly lindsay lohan in the game

#22 Edited by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

I swear this type of things only happen because layers get to have more freedom to do anything than most professions. They should really put up a global law for layers.. if you fck up... you're getting fck. I think the world would turn out a better place in the end regardless of the cause and effect of that circumstance.

#23 Posted by wolverine4262 (18763 posts) -

You cant sue over a parody.

#24 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3217 posts) -

Lindsay Lohan is pretty hot.

#25 Posted by wolverine4262 (18763 posts) -
#26 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3217 posts) -
#27 Posted by ConorHat (138 posts) -

I don't remember a character in GTA V that was a trashy alcoholic... well, other than Trevor.

Come to think of it, the resemblance is uncanny.

She should sue them until she can buy enough coke to overdose.

#28 Edited by madsnakehhh (13968 posts) -

Lol might as well sue anyone who uses a generic white girl while you're at it you dumb idiot. Man, remember when Lohan was hot?

Yes i do...men, i used to had a crush on her, Mean Girls was like a revelation to me :P however later on i noticed that particular beauty in Rachel McAdams, who could tell that she would ended up being the most talented, beautiful and, well succesful girl.

And just for the memories:

#29 Posted by drekula2 (1880 posts) -

i'd totally ____ lindsay lohan but she's just broke and looking for more money (and attention).

her likeness was not used.

#30 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25797 posts) -

Lohan, you're more irrelevant than Tay Zonday. Give up...

#31 Edited by getyeryayasout (6865 posts) -

It's parody, I don't like her chances.

#32 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42524 posts) -

What a frivolously stupid lawsuit.

#33 Edited by mems_1224 (45714 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Yes i do...men, i used to had a crush on her, Mean Girls was like a revelation to me :P however later on i noticed that particular beauty in Rachel McAdams, who could tell that she would ended up being the most talented, beautiful and, well succesful girl.

And just for the memories:

Mean Girls was like the pinnacle of her hotness. Actually, all the chicks in mean girls are hot. Even Lizzy Caplan who looked awful in that movie.

#34 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -
#35 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8512 posts) -

@ Sweenix

She is ! In her own unique not at all hot way.

#36 Posted by Netret0120 (1884 posts) -

Lol she is trying to stay relevant, shame. What a fall from grace. She won't win anything. They can't prove it is her and GTAV is FULL of parodies and Satire eg: Weasel News-Fox News.

This girl be crazy.

#37 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

'Murrica, where you can sue anybody for anything and still win.

God Bless em.

#38 Edited by mems_1224 (45714 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@wolverine4262 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Lindsay Lohan is pretty hot.

eww

Don't mind him, he thinks Selena gomez is hot

He has a thing for coked out twigs with a boyish figure.

#39 Posted by blackace (19697 posts) -

She's not going to get a dime since Rockstar has a hired model who was used for the picture. lol!! Obviously Lindsey & her lawyer didn't do their homework. All Rockstar has to do is send the pictures of the model they used and the contract that she signed and the lawyers will pull the plug ont he lawsuit. lol!! Lindsay is a dumb as a doorknob.

#40 Edited by Sushiglutton (5171 posts) -

That would pretty much make satire illegal which I don't think will happen.

#41 Edited by ni6htmare01 (832 posts) -

What a joke! She'll never win! Unless this is her last attempt to get another 5 minutes fame!

#42 Posted by DocSanchez (1392 posts) -

She does have a point guys, seriously. I mean, that Trevor bloke is the spitting image of her and Rockstar are being unbelievably callous about him being classier and more well rounded. It's a slap in the face.

#43 Posted by clyde46 (43437 posts) -
#44 Posted by Cranler (7699 posts) -

If South Park can get away with all they do to celebs then Lindsey hasnt got a chance in hell.

#45 Edited by Shielder7 (4588 posts) -

Lindsay Lohan's vagina is suing Lindsay Lohan

#46 Edited by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

Lindsay Lohan why would anyone want to use her to portray their games.

#47 Edited by Shadowchronicle (25675 posts) -

I think its kind of funny how she says they jacked her image. XD.... Man she has a wild imagination.

#48 Posted by kazrium (1542 posts) -

What image, a drugged up hooker? Oh wait.

#49 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38148 posts) -

People are sick of seeing her tits so she has to get crack money somehow

#50 Posted by rjdofu (9167 posts) -

She desperately need more money for drugs.