Like all Indie 360 exclusives, BBT is no longer one.

#1 Edited by Minishdriveby (9738 posts) -

One of the better/only(?) 360 exclusives of last year, BattleBlock Theater has done the inevitable jump to PC/steam. Great news for anyone who loves Behemoth games!

http://www.battleblocktheater.com/ It's coming May 15th.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39128 posts) -

I thought this had already happened.

Never played it though. I don't feel too inclined.

#3 Edited by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

Oh? @TheEroica should be happy to hear that. I'll wait for a sale to get it.

#4 Posted by Minishdriveby (9738 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Oh? @TheEroica should be happy to hear that. I'll wait for a sale to get it.

Same here, especially with summer just around the corner. Really excited for it though. Loved Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers.

#5 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6918 posts) -

Poor Lems. Even after last gen ended, they're still losing exclusives.

#6 Posted by Blabadon (25926 posts) -

This is pretty old news.

Still, good more people know. Looks really good.

#7 Posted by Minishdriveby (9738 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

This is pretty old news.

Still, good more people know. Looks really good.

Hmmm... you're right a Beta went out in March, but I think they just announced the release date?

#8 Posted by Minishdriveby (9738 posts) -

They already lost Below to the PC this generation which is awesome news for me.

#9 Edited by Gatman32 (429 posts) -

Who cares, Indies suck. I dont get excited over crap that I can play on my smart phone.

#10 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11114 posts) -

I bought it in when it was on sale on XBL for a few bucks some weeks ago and just played a bit today, it's pretty fun, but not as fun as Alien Hominid or Castle Crashers.

#12 Edited by Minishdriveby (9738 posts) -
@Gatman32 said:

Who cares, Indies suck. I dont get excited over crap that I can play on my smart phone.

I do. Games made by smaller teams tend to excite me more than the titans of the industry now a days. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way which is why I posted this news.

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (16857 posts) -

Never understand the obsession with every exclusive having to remain exclusive. If anyone with a 360 wanted to play this chances are they have already. And I doubt anyone was buying a 360 for this game.

#14 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (739 posts) -

Everyone knows m$ really doesn't have exclusives. They just have a 6 month exclusive window.

Pro-tip: buy a PS4 if you want exclusives for the upcoming gen.

#15 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2508 posts) -

Everyone knows m$ really doesn't have exclusives. They just have a 6 month exclusive window.

Pro-tip: buy a PS4 if you want exclusives for the upcoming gen.

"Exclusives" suck . It is not something to be proud of , feels like dictatorship . I play on PC and PC got more exclusives than any console , still I think that more people should be able to play them as long as the game is not dumbed down for the masses . I know there are games that sell systems but game from a 3rd party studio should never be exclusive .

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (23117 posts) -

sloppy seconds

#17 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4400 posts) -

i'm sure lems feel indiegnation

#18 Edited by TheEroica (13301 posts) -

@Gatman32: sad that you're missing out :( the only people doing anything fresh anymore is in indie... Would be a shame if we let our ignorant perspectives win.

#19 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@ Cloud_imperium

Yes ! oh god Yes ! ! !

I can't tell you how much this has bothered me anytime a game goes exclusive but there isn't a single Microsoft/Soft/Nintendo Logo to be found on the product.... As if the publisher decided to screw themselves over ! Everybody should be able to play ! After all they're all computers underneath right ?

A friend actually cracked his Xbox 360 and now he can play Nintendo 64 games on an emulator.... On his XBox ! :D Lucky Bastard ! And people look down on Piracy ! Well Pirates don't care.... They're too busy NOT getting screwed over !

#20 Posted by RR360DD (11602 posts) -

So is the ps3 :( ouch

#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150303 posts) -

@Gatman32 said:

I do. Games made by smaller teams tend to excite me more than the titans of the industry now a days. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way which is why I posted this news.

Plenty? On a gaming forum? I'd say some...not plenty. Gaming forums tend to have more invested gamers that want more than smart phone/tablet games.

#22 Posted by groowagon (2759 posts) -

@Gatman32 said:

that's pretty much the only thing that lem can say, ain't it? you can't be excited about indies when you don't have them. i know, i know, you don't have to repeat yourself anymore.

#23 Edited by nini200 (9587 posts) -

I thought you were talking about Best Bank In Town

#24 Posted by Gatman32 (429 posts) -

@groowagon: I have a PS4 as well as a Xbox One fuck stick. Indies suck.

#25 Posted by groowagon (2759 posts) -

@Gatman32 said:

@groowagon: I have a PS4 as well as a Xbox One fuck stick. Indies suck.

have you tried Shadow Complex? it was on x360.

#26 Edited by magicalclick (22438 posts) -

Aside from Castle Crasher, I don't enjoy their game much. Even Castle Crasher is a bit annoying with grinding and low attack power. The only good is, it was one of the kind. And before the evil patch, we can boomerang our characters, which was the only redeeming quality over the grinding.

Surprised to see PC version so late. It was a PC dev to begin with.

#27 Posted by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

360? LOL, what a dead POS.

Srsly, who still plays that crap?

#28 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

PC is where it's at, kneel before my feet and polish my new Jordans.

Lol I don't even wear Jordans, but whatever kiss my shoes beeeatch!

#29 Edited by groowagon (2759 posts) -

well at the moment, it has better library than X1 and PS4 combined, so.... also, Dark Souls 2 alone > anything on new consoles.

#30 Edited by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

well at the moment, it has better library than X1 and PS4 combined, so.... also, Dark Souls 2 alone > anything on new consoles.

And PS3 has a better library than 360, X1 and PS4.

#31 Posted by groowagon (2759 posts) -

@groowagon said:

@Suppaman100 said:

And PS3 has a better library than 360, X1 and PS4.

well yes, but atleast 360 is also relevant for some time too :)

#32 Edited by blackace (20249 posts) -

One of the better/only(?) 360 exclusives of last year, BattleBlock Theater has done the inevitable jump to PC/steam. Great news for anyone who loves Behemoth games!

http://www.battleblocktheater.com/ It's coming May 15th.

Got it on sale like a month ago for $5 I think it was. Still haven't tried it yet.

#33 Posted by Minishdriveby (9738 posts) -

@RR360DD: Which PS3 exclusives are being lost? I don't think ports from PS3 to PS4 is exactly the same as MS consoles to Steam if you're talking about The Last of Us being ported.

#34 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2508 posts) -

Mark of the Ninja was pretty cool .

#35 Edited by RR360DD (11602 posts) -

@RR360DD: Which PS3 exclusives are being lost? I don't think ports from PS3 to PS4 is exactly the same as MS consoles to Steam if you're talking about The Last of Us being ported.

Its exactly the same.

Not on one platform anymore, therefore no longer exclusive. Simple as that.

#36 Posted by Minishdriveby (9738 posts) -

@Minishdriveby said:
@Gatman32 said:

Plenty? On a gaming forum? I'd say some...not plenty. Gaming forums tend to have more invested gamers that want more than smart phone/tablet games.

Smaller developer teams don't just work on Smart Phone/Tablet games. Lots of people on forums are excited for independent endeavors on the PS4/XboxOne/PC. Heck there's not much to look forward to on the Xbox One or PS4 if you're looking at just games with exorbitant budgets. I think the emphasis Sony placed on smaller independent teams the past couple of years shows the shift in trends.

#37 Edited by Minishdriveby (9738 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@Minishdriveby said:

Its exactly the same.

Not on one platform anymore, therefore no longer exclusive. Simple as that.

Yes strictly using the term exclusive it's no longer one anymore, but you're sort of distorting the gravity of Sony's 'loss of exclusive content,' compared to the numerous amount of games that were timed exclusives on the 360.

#38 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4031 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

The definition of a fanboy comment.

The console still has exclusives and even if games aren't or are no longer exclusive, they're still games. Someone would have to be a spoilt brat to stop enjoying a console for that reason.

Especially considering how disappointing the PS4 and X1 are so far. Few games, mostly shit graphics and poor frame rate with anything that even resembles good graphics.