Lightning Croft. Wait.. how did that?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by freedomfreak (43644 posts) -

Video

"Square Enix has released a new trailer confirming the Lara Croft DLC for their upcoming JRPG Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. This DLC consists of Lara Croft’s outfit, survivor’s axe and riot shield. The upcoming downloadable content will be released along with the game, which launches on 11th February on the Xbox 360 and PS3."

Link

Well.... Are you interested?
:dontcareos:

#2 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

I'd be interested if I was getting Lightning Returns. Sadly I'm not because I couldn't even finish FFXIII due to how boring it was :(

#3 Edited by Zassimick (7168 posts) -

She's so dirty.

I'm eager to start playing FFXIII-2, just have to beat a few other games before I do. It'll be a while before I get to Lightning Returns but I hope it's good.

#4 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26409 posts) -

I really dig the outfits.

I wouldn't have pre-ordered if Cloud's outfit was not part of the pre-order. Also I wouldn't even be getting the game if I didn't already have the first 2 games.

#6 Edited by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -

Is that meant to be top quality voice acting? She sounds bored.

#8 Posted by wolverine4262 (20153 posts) -

:chun:

The HORROR!

#9 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28089 posts) -

What the hell am I looking at?

#10 Posted by ConanTheStoner (7588 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

What the hell am I looking at?

A lazy cash-in for an unnecessary game I think.

Man, hard to believe the FF series used to be one of my favorites.

#11 Edited by Snugenz (12804 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

She's so dirty.

I'm eager to start playing FFXIII-2, just have to beat a few other games before I do. It'll be a while before I get to Lightning Returns but I hope it's good.

Same with me, i loved FFXIII (be nice) and i got FFXIII-2 at launch but i couldn't get into it, now i can't get LR:FXIII till i've finished XIII-2, ah well. #firstworldproblem

As for Lightning Croft, meh...

#12 Edited by Krelian-co (13098 posts) -

lol'ed at the pickaxe

#13 Edited by Nengo_Flow (10533 posts) -

#14 Posted by charizard1605 (61738 posts) -

Lol

#15 Edited by Heil68 (47265 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

I'd be interested if I was getting Lightning Returns. Sadly I'm not because I couldn't even finish FFXIII due to how boring it was :(

That makes 2 of us.

#16 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Video

"Square Enix has released a new trailer confirming the Lara Croft DLC for their upcoming JRPG Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. This DLC consists of Lara Croft’s outfit, survivor’s axe and riot shield. The upcoming downloadable content will be released along with the game, which launches on 11th February on the Xbox 360 and PS3."

Link

Well.... Are you interested?

More sexy outfits for me to stare at I guess making it that much easier to play the game...

#17 Posted by silversix_ (16235 posts) -

this looked dumb to the point of not even being funny

#18 Posted by lightleggy (16087 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I really dig the outfits.

I wouldn't have pre-ordered if Cloud's outfit was not part of the pre-order. Also I wouldn't even be getting the game if I didn't already have the first 2 games.

Seriously? Square is STILL milking FFVII?

#19 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

Surprising it's free.

@ConanTheStoner said:

A lazy cash-in for an unnecessary game I think.

Man, hard to believe the FF series used to be one of my favorites.

Same here. I'm actually planning on starting a gauntlet run of the series soon but I don't plan on going past XII. It's quite shocking to observe the differences in quality within the same series. I don't really think XIII is a downright awful game but Square's insistence on reusing the White Engine this gen along with FFXIV initially flopping has made for one sad panda.

#20 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

@lightleggy said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I really dig the outfits.

I wouldn't have pre-ordered if Cloud's outfit was not part of the pre-order. Also I wouldn't even be getting the game if I didn't already have the first 2 games.

Seriously? Square is STILL milking FFVII?

Well FFVI just recently got a "remaster" on Android/IOS so I'm guessing we'll see FFVII released for those two sometime in Japan this Summer or Fall. The milking is never really gonna stop.

#21 Posted by ConanTheStoner (7588 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:

Surprising it's free.

@ConanTheStoner said:

A lazy cash-in for an unnecessary game I think.

Man, hard to believe the FF series used to be one of my favorites.

Same here. I'm actually planning on starting a gauntlet run of the series soon but I don't plan on going past XII. It's quite shocking to observe the differences in quality within the same series. I don't really think XIII is a downright awful game but Square's insistence on reusing the White Engine this gen along with FFXIV initially flopping has made for one sad panda.

Agreed man, everything up through XII was mostly solid. Some shaky entries here and there, but nothing too bad.

I was hoping maybe it was just a bad gen for FF, but it seems like they might be starting this one off on the wrong foot as well. Repurposing VS.XIII as FFXV just seems wrong. It's a wait and see I suppose, but my expectations are about as low as can be.

#22 Posted by heretrix (37525 posts) -

She looks TERRIBLE. Knowing what LC looks like, it's a poor substitute.Stick to the FF soap opera costumes.

#23 Edited by clyde46 (47610 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

I'd be interested if I was getting Lightning Returns. Sadly I'm not because I couldn't even finish FFXIII due to how boring it was :(

Same! I had high hopes for 13 after playing LO.

#24 Edited by heretrix (37525 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

What the hell am I looking at?

A lazy cash-in for an unnecessary game I think.

Man, hard to believe the FF series used to be one of my favorites.

FF games used to be a goddamn EVENT. They were amazing spectacles filled with some great characters. Then they decided they should be extinction level event teen dramas and the whole shit went downhill.

#25 Posted by musalala (2252 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

#26 Posted by ConanTheStoner (7588 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

What the hell am I looking at?

A lazy cash-in for an unnecessary game I think.

Man, hard to believe the FF series used to be one of my favorites.

FF games used to be a goddamn EVENT. They were amazing spectacles filled with some great characters. Then they decided they should be extinction level event teen dramas and the whole shit went downhill.

I know it man... damn it I know it. I used to heavily base my console purchases on where FF was going. You just knew that they would raise the bar in so many ways and deliver a very enjoyable experience with tons of content. The kind of games that just stick with you for years. Great blends of charming characters, fun stories, addictive gameplay and immersive worlds. Bad ass music too!

I really wish they would just look back at what made the older games so great. Not to copy them, but to build upon a template that obviously worked and evolve it from there.

#27 Posted by Wiimotefan (4138 posts) -

lol Final Fantasy. Such a shame.

#28 Edited by nini200 (10529 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

Is that meant to be top quality voice acting? She sounds bored.

That's monotone dull unoriginal Lightning for ya. No emotions whatsoever. One of the worst FF characters created. The Tomb Raider outfit DLC is ok though I guess.

#29 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Final Fantasy

#30 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3810 posts) -

Lightning > Lara Croft.

#31 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Already better than Lara 2013