Lighting Returns:FF.. Lighting's new look!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by finalstar2007 (25987 posts) -

In the upcoming new Epic Final Fantasy game for PS3 and xbox Lighting will have a whole new "sexy" look!

Please dont tell me she'll be evil in this game :cry:

Anyways new info will be coming soon!

Link: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/18/heres-lightnings-new-look-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/#disqus_thread

2013 keeps getting better and better

lightning_Returns_thumb.jpg

#2 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

That outfit looks ridiculous. What's it with Nomura, and his overly designed costumes.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (43517 posts) -
I can hardly see any skin. Fail.
#4 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

1) *Lightning

2) I prefer the FFXIII look. She was so much hotter with that outfit than the others.

#5 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Square where the f**k is Versus 13?!?!?
#6 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

lol, that costume sucks. They should have gone with her original FFXIII outfit.

#7 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

She needs pants.

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (61607 posts) -
You're missing the 'n,' brah
#9 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

Looks like some sort of weird JRPG bondage suit.

#10 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34322 posts) -

Meeeehhh. Her original look is still the best.

#11 Posted by Inconsistancy (8094 posts) -

Wtf is with their batsh*t crazy ass designs? What happened to this, vaguely normal clothing?

ff8

#12 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
if the object was to play as Sazh to kill lightening I bet this would sell 4 mill day one.
#13 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -

Wtf is with their batsh*t crazy ass designs? What happened to this, vaguely normal clothing?

ff8

Inconsistancy
nothing there is normal.
#14 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

That looks like bondage or S&M clothing :?

#15 Posted by Newhopes (4681 posts) -

Another game I won't be buying, yets hope it flops even worse than FFXIII-2 did.

#16 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6634 posts) -
Looks cool except for that sh!t on her legs. Theres also 20 other costumes
#17 Posted by Lordofinternet (218 posts) -
Final stars trolling, that custume is awful. Using the fxiii battle system and allowing you to control character movement with a dress?
#19 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

ff8

Lordofinternet

nothing there is normal.

I agree about Squall's and Siefer's clothing, but what is abnormal about what Rinoa is wearing?

#20 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

if the object was to play as Sazh to kill lightening I bet this would sell 4 mill day one.Lordofinternet

Actually, Lightning was one of the characters that most people liked. Hope, Vanille, and Snow were the ones that rubbed people the wrong way.

#21 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -

ff8

Inconsistancy
More like what happened to armor?  Now this is the look of someone about to head into battle.
#22 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

More like what happened to armor?  Now this is the look of someone about to head into battle.game_masta14

That armor is bad ass, but armor wouldn't really fit the aesthetic of PS-era onward FF games, with the exception of FF12.

#23 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

game_masta14

More like what happened to armor?The_Warrior_of_Light.png Now this is the look of someone about to head into battle.

That was when Final Fantasy was heavilly inspired off of D&D and WRPGs

I doubt you'll see this sort of style return to a Final Fantasy game any time soon

#24 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34322 posts) -

The character design in FF has certainly gotten more iffy.

Considering we are dealing with Nomaura the only thing we can only wish for really is thta the characters aren't suffocating under a bunch of belts.

#25 Posted by Inconsistancy (8094 posts) -

Agreed of Squall's and Siefer's clothing, but what is abnormal about what Rinoa is wearing?

GreySeal9
What, Siefer's just in a duster... (and the word 'vaguely' is in there for good reason)

More like what happened to armor?

Now this is the look of someone about to head into battle.

game_masta14

Software3d is what happened.

Maybe they were trying to differentiate from w-rpgs? I don't really care either way, so long as the costumes don't look completely absurd.

#26 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16325 posts) -

Lighting... Returns? Another travesty from Square Enix, there goes any hope for a Versus release.

#27 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9520 posts) -
I don't care what she looks like as long as the game doesn't end up a big bag of suck like the last two.
#28 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

What, Siefer's just in a duster.Inconsistancy

Yeah, on second thought, I guess Siefer's outfit is not really that weird.

#29 Posted by Chutebox (38312 posts) -

Kinda looks like the bad guy, forgot his name, from the last game.

#30 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

Lighting... Returns? Another transvestite from Square Enix, there goes any hope for a Versus release.

AgentA-Mi6

Wut?

#31 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

No skin no buy.

#32 Posted by guard12 (1657 posts) -

Meh her first look was still better.

#33 Posted by charizard1605 (61607 posts) -

No skin no buy.

XVision84
Also no grass, I mean come on.
#34 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

The character design in FF has certainly gotten more iffy.

Considering we are dealing with Nomaura the only thing we can only wish for really is thta the characters aren't suffocating under a bunch of belts.

DJ-Lafleur

IDK, I thought XIII's character designs were fairly good. Most of the character's looked "right" and not overly ornamented IMO. One exception, however, is NORA, Snow's posse. Their character design was a disaster.

In fact, the only FF game that I think has bad character designs is FFX-2 (I think FFX had great character designs even in spite of Tidus's get up). Also, FXIII-2's character design is noticeably worse than FFXIII's. Oh, and Vahn from FFXII is a pretty horrible design. Otherwise, the series has been pretty solid IMO.

Edit: I think the lead character of Versus looks incredibly stupid.

#35 Posted by Planeforger (16301 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"]if the object was to play as Sazh to kill lightening I bet this would sell 4 mill day one.GreySeal9

Actually, Lightning was one of the characters that most people liked. Hope, Vanille, and Snow were the ones that rubbed people the wrong way.

She was definitely better than Hope/Snow/Vanille, but I certainly wouldn't call her likeable.

I can't remember any specifics, but I do recall wanting to slap her across the face for about half the time she was on-screen. Possibly something to do with her being all angsty, illogical and b***y?

#36 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -
Terrible.
#37 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"]if the object was to play as Sazh to kill lightening I bet this would sell 4 mill day one.Planeforger

She was definitely better than Hope/Snow/Vanille, but I certainly wouldn't call her likeable.

I can't remember any specifics, but I do recall wanting to slap her across the face for about half the time she was on-screen. Possibly something to do with her being all angsty, illogical and b***y?

Well, my point wasn't exactly that her personality is agreeable. She's just one of the characters that people cite as one of the "better" characters.

#38 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Eh looks okay I guess.

#39 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26886 posts) -

not liking her look. I would have preferd her 13 or 13-2 look.

#40 Posted by clyde46 (47595 posts) -

She needs pants.

GD1551
Is dat some NGE?
#41 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26886 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"]if the object was to play as Sazh to kill lightening I bet this would sell 4 mill day one.GreySeal9

to be honest I liked hope and snow. Hearing vanille talk bothered me though.

#42 Posted by fueled-system (6339 posts) -
Glad this game will be coming out before the game everybody wants in versus...
#43 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

She needs pants.

clyde46

Is dat some NGE?

You know it :)

#44 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"]if the object was to play as Sazh to kill lightening I bet this would sell 4 mill day one.finalfantasy94

to be honest I liked hope and snow. Hearing vanille talk bothered me though.

Hope was well-developed, but I've never really cared for overly-intense kids as characters.

Snow was kind of a douchebag IMO. His hero bullsh!t got real old real quick and he was a shallow as a puddle. I liked the sideplot of him trying to win Lightning's approval for his marriage with Serah tho.

Vanille actually didn't bother me as much as she bothers other people, tho if you compare her to her ounterparts from other games (Yuffie, Selphie, Rikku), she's easily the most annoying (I actually like Selphie and Rikku tho). She was really pretty, but I agree that her voice was weird and her running was re...short-bus worthy.

#45 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26886 posts) -

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

Lighting... Returns? Another transvestite from Square Enix, there goes any hope for a Versus release.

GreySeal9

Wut?

imma go with he doesint like 13 adn 13-2 so its fact that they suck.

#46 Posted by GreySeal9 (25077 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

finalfantasy94

Wut?

I get that he doesn't like them, but why use the word transvestite?

#47 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26376 posts) -

I actually like this look.

#48 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26886 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Wut?

GreySeal9

proboly he meant travesty.

#49 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -
Can they really not afford to make new HD assets? Are they just going to keep reskinning/modeling lightning and calling it a day?
#50 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16325 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

proboly he meant travesty.

Precisely, thats what i get for trusting gamespot spelling check without even looking.