Let's predict Xbox One OPENING JAPANESE SALES.

  • 87 results
  • 1
  • 2
Edited 1 month, 3 days ago

Poll: Let's predict Xbox One OPENING JAPANESE SALES. (85 votes)

50,000 55%
100,000 14%
200,000 11%
300,000 4%
400,000 1%
500,000 15%

Now keep in mind this is when Xbox One first goes on the report. The Xbox One comes out In japan sept 4 or 6 depending on what confusing source you decide to believe, but most say 6th so eh. This would be on a Saturday meaning that report on Xbox One sales will not happen until 6 days later..

The first thing people should think about is that Xbox has had decent opening before. The Xbox 360 did over 250,000 however, it was also cheap and released with a decent library,

The second thing to think about is that the PS4 while games being an issue, opened at around 300,000 although the lack of real game announcements hurt it quite a bit and still have this issue.

SO NOW we get to the Xbox One launch. The Xbox One will be launching with 29 games and 3 confirmed SKUs and one rumored one: Xbox One with Kinect bundled with Kinect Sports and Titanfall, The Kinectless SKU, a regular Kinect SKU, and a rumore Kinectless SKU bundled with Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct.

Out of the 29 known (it is said they added a few more but they have not brought those out to the open yet) you have 2 exclusive Japanese games and 8 Multiplatform japanese games (3 with additional content, making a total of 10 Japanese oriented games at launch. This along with 7 European games, 3 General Asian games, and 9 American games.

This opening is the complete opposite of what we saw from the competition. While it is still debatable how the legs of the Xbox One will be and also, it will launch before TGS, it could go either way in staying consistent. But I believe that the Xbox one due to this will at least have similar numbers to the PS4 launch or at max a bit more.

The Japanese price of Kinect Xbox One is equal to roughly $450 while the Kinectless is roughly around $350, but keep in mind the rise of taxes and inflation of japanese yen so these are actually some good deals similar to the U.S. pricing.

I think that the 300,000 range is what the Xbox one will due, it may be possible to slightly pass the PS4. I am a little iffy of it doing 400,000 opening.

But keep in mind this is just the opening.

#1 Posted by Shewgenja (8489 posts) -

You need a pip for "What's an XBox?"

#2 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -

More than the number of posts this lame ass thread will get

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (29579 posts) -

Over 9000

#4 Posted by gago-gago (9354 posts) -

I'll go with 10.

#5 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9911 posts) -

One

#6 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4134 posts) -

More than the number of posts this lame ass thread will get

Saaaaaaaaaaaltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

#7 Edited by tacoma1972 (143 posts) -

25,000+

Sad thing is with MS dropping Kinect I see the Japanese market having LESS interest.

Edit. Sorry. I had put 250,000 by mistake.

#8 Posted by darkangel115 (1510 posts) -

its gonna be bad. all Japanese want to play is mobile sex sim anime games.

#9 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7007 posts) -

its gonna be bad. all Japanese want to play is mobile sex sim anime games.

Better with Kinect, though.

#10 Posted by ni6htmare01 (917 posts) -

Should add an option less than 50.000! lol

#11 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7219 posts) -

Xbox sells like shit in Japan, so I doubt open sales will be very high. Maybe around 100,000. Maybe.

#12 Posted by Netret0120 (2041 posts) -

If it sells over 100k i will be shocked

#13 Posted by TigerSuperman (2005 posts) -

Should add an option less than 50.000! lol

Not even the Pippin opened less than 50,000.

#14 Posted by TigerSuperman (2005 posts) -

Xbox sells like shit in Japan, so I doubt open sales will be very high. Maybe around 100,000. Maybe.

Thread is about opening sales, not legs.

#15 Edited by ni6htmare01 (917 posts) -

@ni6htmare01 said:

Should add an option less than 50.000! lol

Not even the Pippin opened less than 50,000.

True! But in the same time console games in Japan are totally different now a day also I don't think Xb1 has any type of games that cater the Japanese yet right?

#16 Posted by gamefan67 (9876 posts) -

Unless it is being bundled with a Senran Kagura Kinect Editionesque game, i cant see it opening with over 100k.

Could possibly hit the 800k lifetime mark if it gets lucky.

#17 Posted by which_wich (168 posts) -

It's called an Xbox 1 for a reason. I vote 1

#18 Posted by Effec_Tor (269 posts) -

Less than 10,000

#19 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27388 posts) -

Bad. I think 50 k might even be optimistic

#20 Posted by TigerSuperman (2005 posts) -

Bad. I think 50 k might even be optimistic

For OPENING sales? Not sure how people are getting <50k without looking at history. Pippin did not even up below 50k.

#21 Posted by PapaTrop (509 posts) -

150 units

#22 Posted by TigerSuperman (2005 posts) -

@TigerSuperman said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

Should add an option less than 50.000! lol

Not even the Pippin opened less than 50,000.

True! But in the same time console games in Japan are totally different now a day also I don't think Xb1 has any type of games that cater the Japanese yet right?

This is an invalid argument because the Pippin was being pushed as an alternate computer with programs gaming system when PC gaming was pretty much dead in japan 100% at the time of release, and they still out did 50,000 opening. But they sold a 10th of that later.

#23 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27388 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Bad. I think 50 k might even be optimistic

For OPENING sales? Not sure how people are getting <50k without looking at history. Pippin did not even up below 50k.

No body cares about consoles anymore. Hell the PS4 has struggled to sell over 5k a week. The Japanese care even less about a foreign made console which has nothing aimed at them. The XB1 is going to bomb hard there and I've argued for a long time it probably isn't even worth MS launching in Japan.

#24 Posted by jsmoke03 (12769 posts) -

200k or around there. Im not confident with that number since console sales have been abysmal

#25 Posted by ominous_titan (596 posts) -

34

#26 Edited by ni6htmare01 (917 posts) -

@ni6htmare01 said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

Should add an option less than 50.000! lol

Not even the Pippin opened less than 50,000.

True! But in the same time console games in Japan are totally different now a day also I don't think Xb1 has any type of games that cater the Japanese yet right?

This is an invalid argument because the Pippin was being pushed as an alternate computer with programs gaming system when PC gaming was pretty much dead in japan 100% at the time of release, and they still out did 50,000 opening. But they sold a 10th of that later.

The economy were way better at that time in Japan compare to now!

#27 Posted by Lionheart08 (15356 posts) -

Aiming a little high there with those options.

#28 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

The preorders for the xbone are surprisingly high. Im guessing the sales well be able expectations...And suddenly Japan will matter to lems.

#29 Posted by Lionheart08 (15356 posts) -

@TigerSuperman said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Bad. I think 50 k might even be optimistic

For OPENING sales? Not sure how people are getting <50k without looking at history. Pippin did not even up below 50k.

No body cares about consoles anymore. Hell the PS4 has struggled to sell over 5k a week. The Japanese care even less about a foreign made console which has nothing aimed at them. The XB1 is going to bomb hard there and I've argued for a long time it probably isn't even worth MS launching in Japan.

Hell, you got devs like Square and Atlus who don't even bother porting games to the Xbox consoles anymore.

#30 Edited by B4X (3646 posts) -

Looking at media create PS4 sales.... It could get ugly.

The PS4 did sell out at launch though?

EDIT: My guess 100K-200K

#31 Posted by Zelda187 (717 posts) -

Shitastic

#32 Posted by SoftwareGeek (222 posts) -

< 5,000.

#33 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3414 posts) -

I'm going to go with 50k although that's low according to history.

#34 Posted by xxyetixx (1260 posts) -

Depends on how the Titanfall hype hits them, right now that's the only game I see really appealing in that market. I'd say 75,000 and thats a reach lol

#35 Posted by Zelda187 (717 posts) -

There will be 12 consoles sold...all to Americans vacationing in Japan.

#36 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9524 posts) -

Over 9000

actually, im thinking just about 9000 is what its probably gonna sell

#37 Posted by Avian005 (4074 posts) -

42

#38 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2871 posts) -

7 million day one, the Xbone launches and Japan go crazy, people protest when stores start selling out. The Xbone becomes the official mascot of Japan...

Or 50,000 slowly dropping to the 100s as the years go by

#39 Posted by TigerSuperman (2005 posts) -

@TigerSuperman said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Bad. I think 50 k might even be optimistic

For OPENING sales? Not sure how people are getting <50k without looking at history. Pippin did not even up below 50k.

No body cares about consoles anymore. Hell the PS4 has struggled to sell over 5k a week. The Japanese care even less about a foreign made console which has nothing aimed at them. The XB1 is going to bomb hard there and I've argued for a long time it probably isn't even worth MS launching in Japan.

But the PS4 managed to get 300,000 out on opening despite it selling 8x less than that every day since.

What you don't seem to understand is this thread is about OPENING sales. Basically the LAUNCH period. Xbox One is also entering with more games and more japanese appealing games than the PS4 is. Which will also SLIGHTLY help the launch.

I am not saying the Xbox One, just for example would say sell, 400,000 opening (although i think 300 is where it will be at) but may end up selling 200 every week afterward. Remember the 360? Around toward 300k but when Wii and PS3 where doing 20,000 or so a week afterward on average Xbox 360 was doing like 5,000. But that';s not what I am talking about, I am talking first impressions.

#40 Posted by TigerSuperman (2005 posts) -

@TigerSuperman said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

Should add an option less than 50.000! lol

Not even the Pippin opened less than 50,000.

True! But in the same time console games in Japan are totally different now a day also I don't think Xb1 has any type of games that cater the Japanese yet right?

This is an invalid argument because the Pippin was being pushed as an alternate computer with programs gaming system when PC gaming was pretty much dead in japan 100% at the time of release, and they still out did 50,000 opening. But they sold a 10th of that later.

The economy were way better at that time in Japan compare to now!

You're running out of excuses man. PC market was devasted and had become way expensive in comparison. Apple was not even a popular thing then over there, Bandai was already screwing up advertising, software sales were abysmal, and yet it still did more than 50,000 on the OPENING week.

#41 Posted by ni6htmare01 (917 posts) -

@ni6htmare01 said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

Should add an option less than 50.000! lol

Not even the Pippin opened less than 50,000.

True! But in the same time console games in Japan are totally different now a day also I don't think Xb1 has any type of games that cater the Japanese yet right?

This is an invalid argument because the Pippin was being pushed as an alternate computer with programs gaming system when PC gaming was pretty much dead in japan 100% at the time of release, and they still out did 50,000 opening. But they sold a 10th of that later.

The economy were way better at that time in Japan compare to now!

You're running out of excuses man. PC market was devasted and had become way expensive in comparison. Apple was not even a popular thing then over there, Bandai was already screwing up advertising, software sales were abysmal, and yet it still did more than 50,000 on the OPENING week.

lol is not excuse or what. Is what I believe lol

#42 Posted by santoron (7692 posts) -

The 360 was the first gen 7 console out in Japan, and released to a market that was much more interested in consoles that it is today. And that's before taking the economy into consideration. Using its sales as a starting point is a mistake.

If it hits 50k consoles on launch week I think MS would be thrilled.

#43 Edited by Heil68 (43508 posts) -

between 50 and 100k

#44 Posted by Big_Pecks (5245 posts) -

G) Horrendous.

#45 Posted by osirisx3 (1756 posts) -

i am sure a few american gaijin will buy some when on leave from the base.

#46 Edited by TheGreatGeneral (80 posts) -

The 360 sold about 1.6 millions in japan and the PS3 about 10 millions iirc.

The PS4 sold to customers in the first week about 500k and thats 5% of the PS3 LTD.

Im expecting a lower percentage for the xbone, about 3 to 4% seems right so about 50 to 60k.

#47 Posted by clone01 (24544 posts) -

Let's not and say we did.

#48 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1396 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

between 50 and 100k

Sticking with this.

#49 Posted by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

Unless it has games they want... it's not really going to sell well.

#50 Edited by mave198 (6924 posts) -

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Xbox and Japan don't go together regarding sales.

TLHBO