Lets have a REAL GRAPHICS KING DEBATE!!!!!!

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by clone01 (24162 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@clone01 said:

Lets not and say we did.

can we not and say we didn't?

That could work, too.

#52 Posted by MiiiiV (236 posts) -

PCs will always have the best looking games from a technical standpoint. Only severely delusional people believe otherwise. Newer games will look better both on a pc bought in 2012 and and ps4 in the future.
A high-end pc from 2012 (or a very high-end pc from 2010) will always be way ahead of the ps4 performance wise. The ps4 might very well see an edge over a pc with similarly specs (eg. AMD Phenom X4 at 2.6ghz coupled with a HD 7850 OC) in the long run. But both consoles are far to weak to ever have a real technical graphics king.

#53 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

The only thing people ever talk about in Ryse is how good it looks.

How pathetic

What's always interesting to me is that people also think Crytek are going to be developing all Xbone games. Ryse looks good that means the rest of the games will look just as good if not better which clearly wasn't the case judging by the rest of the launch games. And with all due respect, not every developer is Crytek genius level.

#54 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Say what you will the Xbox One is the current graphics king with just about every major game site awarding RYSE the best looking game with Killzone on PS4 taking a close second.

We hear all this talk about 1080p and the ESRAM in the Xbox and yada yad yada but here's the deal If the Xbox One is programmed specifically for the Xbox One we already see a game like RYSE taking top honors over a game designed specifically for PS4 like Killzone.

Just imagine when a game like Halo 5 comes out and uses full DX11.2 and full 6gb's of Tiled Resources for textures it's going to most likely be the best looking game by miles.

Then you got another exclusive like Quantum Break for Xbox One. I'm thinking they are going to be using special dev tools to boost graphics maybe some DX11.2 and maybe some Tiled textures also. I think it's clear when developers use the full potential of the Xbox One this system will be hard to beat in graphics when you used it's full tool sets in development.

This is all before we even see the cloud go into full effect and you can do nifty things like do some fog and shadowing effects you also can do some advanced lighting effects on the cloud. Either way even if you just use the cloud to offload huge amounts of data for CPU this will intern free up tons of resources to just put towards graphics so either way you will be maximizing things for graphics.

I think it's obvious the Xbox One is like the little engine that could and when used to it's potential by talented developers and MS given them full dev tools with DX11.2 and Tiled Resources and the Cloud the Xbox One will be really hard to beat in any graphics king debate especially with upcoming exclusives. I'd imagine a new Gears running on Unreal 4 with DX11.2 and some Tiled Resources is going to be mind blowing.

Don't sleep on the full graphics capabilities of the Xbox One it's already showing what it can do and is currently the reigning graphics king.

Also this is not to say PS4 won't have it's showcases it will The Order will look nice even at 800p and Killzone already looks pretty good. And I'm sure a new Uncharted will look great because Naughty Dog is known for great artwork.

really sucks that the Xbox One only has 32 mb of fast ram, that more then half of the Xbox Ones total system bandwidth is all locked in a measly 32 mb of memory.... and Tiled resources isnt exclusive to DirectX, its called AMD PRT, tiled resources can all be done on AMD GCN cards, the PS4 will run tiled resources better and has more power to have better lighting and real time effects over the xbox one, we are already seeing limitations of the Xbox One in many multiplats, its simply never going to be as strong as the PS4, cloud computing like how all you delusional lemmings think it will run on the Xbox One magically and perfectly fine on your 20 mbps connection lines

Sing that tune bro, I know it well. me3x12 however doesn't know the words. :/

#55 Posted by jake44 (1908 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Not counting mods:

Crysis 3, Metro LL, BF4

#56 Posted by RedentSC (583 posts) -
#57 Edited by WhineyHen (15 posts) -

I tried logical reasoning with TC in a couple of his other threads, but didn't even get a response. Hopefully this will prompt a reply:

Xbox One will never be able to render scenes like this. Just face it already.

#58 Posted by robokill (1064 posts) -

It's cool if you like your X1, I'm happy for you. The industry needs competition but touting Ryse as graphics king just makes you seem dumb, then posting pre-rendered images of a qte infested game only makes this seem like a troll thread. Ryse is a poorly programmed tech demo, go play a different game that's actually fun instead of wasting time here. You just make X1 fans seem dumb

#59 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12809 posts) -
#60 Edited by ni6htmare01 (832 posts) -

I tried logical reasoning with TC in a couple of his other threads, but didn't even get a response. Hopefully this will prompt a reply:

Xbox One will never be able to render scenes like this. Just face it already.

yeah! this scene look mighty impressive!

#61 Edited by Cyberdot (3510 posts) -

Fight on for the second place, consolites. I'm already eating my popcorn and having a good time.

#62 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4685 posts) -

Ryse cutscenes are pre rendered & that QB E3 cutscene was so obviously CGI, not even rendered in engine, we have seen QB gameplay, it looks decent, but i wouldn't call it graphics king by any means

Graphics king is Crysis 3, but i expect Crysis 3 to be surpassed by Homefront 2

#63 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12187 posts) -

1. Crysis 3

2. Metro: LL

3. Battlefield 4

...and there you have it.

#64 Posted by silversix_ (13625 posts) -

When your system has zero impressive looking titles, you post cutsceens as "gameplay" and brag about their graphics. There's nothing good looking on X1 and nothing announced. Haven't played BF4 on pc so i can't tell how good it looks but on ps4 it looked bad. I did play Crysis 3 and Metro LL and i gotta go with Crysis 3 as the best looking game. Ryse isn't even 1/5 of Crysis 3 graphics on High/1080p.

#65 Edited by SummerParadise (160 posts) -

PC EXCLUSIVE ONLY!!!

#66 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13706 posts) -

The Order 1886 is 1920x800p. Which is 21:9 Ratio.

They obviously couldn't do 2560x1080p to achieve that ratio so they did the next best thing.

#67 Posted by Ballroompirate (21675 posts) -

Console wise: TLOU

PC wise: Metro Last Light

#68 Edited by SummerParadise (160 posts) -

console? you saying TLOU is better than gears or Ryse or killzone? OPEN YOUR EYES

#69 Edited by bfmv2007 (279 posts) -

@me3x12: Open GL is nearly identical to DriectX, and according to Valve, Open GL is actually faster, and easier to use than DirectX. So there's no reason when DirectX 11.2 releases, there couldn't be an update for Open GL released that would equal if not top what DirectX 11.2 is doing for the Xbox One. That's how technology works. One company releases something more powerful than their competitor, and then the competitor releases something as equally powerful if not more powerful.

#70 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12809 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

console? you saying TLOU is better than gears or Ryse or killzone? OPEN YOUR EYES

Are those supposed to be impressive? lol.

#71 Posted by Ballroompirate (21675 posts) -

@summerparadise: The only one that needs to open their eyes is you, kinda sad you even mention Geow, those games look horrible.

#72 Posted by Ballroompirate (21675 posts) -
#73 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (750 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

All of those are ugly

#74 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12809 posts) -
#75 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8403 posts) -

TC is viral marketer AKA shill.

#76 Posted by Phazevariance (10902 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Hey TC wussup with using cut scenes? How about some in game screens?

lol lemmings think this 900p linear PoS is graphics king? lmfao!

PS3 better graphics than Xbone confirmed

lol cherry picking screens

Exactly what I was thinking... Picks a scene of Ryse with grey stone textures, rather than the lush jungle scenes that are available, and then a close up cut scene from TLOU... good comparison, if by good i mean terribad.

#77 Edited by Ballroompirate (21675 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4: Ignore him, it's just another stupid lemming.

We even have MrStupidMedia here now, they called in reinforcements.

He woulda had an argument tell he posted Geow, hell I woulda even accepted Halo 4...but no typical lems always jumping on the Geow train.

#78 Edited by Phazevariance (10902 posts) -

They obviously couldn't do 2560x1080p to achieve that ratio so they did the next best thing.

Yeah tok 1080p which is 1920x1080 and squished it down to 1920x800p which is just stretched 800p! gives horizontal crispness at the expense of vertical crispness but its still 800p.

#79 Edited by Kevlar101 (5971 posts) -

I don't really care.

I'm not a graphics whore.

What do you think I am, a PC gamer??

#80 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@bfmv2007 said:

@me3x12: Open GL is nearly identical to DriectX, and according to Valve, Open GL is actually faster, and easier to use than DirectX. So there's no reason when DirectX 11.2 releases, there couldn't be an update for Open GL released that would equal if not top what DirectX 11.2 is doing for the Xbox One. That's how technology works. One company releases something more powerful than their competitor, and then the competitor releases something as equally powerful if not more powerful.

Boom, headshot.

#81 Posted by lostrib (31634 posts) -

I don't really care.

well are you?

#82 Posted by Kevlar101 (5971 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Kevlar101 said:

I don't really care.

well are you?

No. PC gamers are graphics whores and they annoy me.

#83 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16085 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

The only thing people ever talk about in Ryse is how good it looks.

How pathetic

What's always interesting to me is that people also think Crytek are going to be developing allXbone games. Ryse looks good that means the rest of the games will look just as good if not better which clearly wasn't the case judging by the rest of the launch games. And with all due respect, not every developer is Crytek genius level.

It used to be that on SW, everyone said 'Crysis is nothing but a techdemo, it's gameplay sucks'

But actually, Crysis is still remembered today, because it had some great gameplay. And it's one of the few FPS that lets you mess around in a Sandbox with super powers.

Now, Ryse that is NOTHING BUT a tech demo, it's got no gameplay to back it up at all. If getting good graphids means you gotta make your game linear as hell, than no, I don't want to see more games like Ryse on Xbone. I'll take games with good gameplay and mediocre graphics, thank you very much.

#84 Posted by lostrib (31634 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Kevlar101 said:

I don't really care.

well are you?

No. PC gamers are graphics whores and they annoy me.

LOL, not sure if serious

#85 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38163 posts) -

Can we try actually talk about best graphics in games in one of these threads for a change? instead of everyone spouting the usual fanboy stuff at each other, It will just end up driving the topic into the ground

#86 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3009 posts) -

The "Show what you're playing" threads in the PC forum have always been much better than these.

#87 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3296 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

Yeah tok 1080p which is 1920x1080 and squished it down to 1920x800p which is just stretched 800p! gives horizontal crispness at the expense of vertical crispness but its still 800p.

hahaha u are clearly clueless so just stop

#88 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38163 posts) -

The "Show what you're playing" threads in the PC forum have always been much better than these.

Better at showcasing games maybe but people usually just dump pics and go instead of having actual discussions a lot of the time (though it does happen)

Plus they're all posting from the one platform and it actually compares games and not systems so people here get up in arms a lot faster. Just a shame most times it devolves into nonsense

#89 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3009 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

Better at showcasing games maybe but people usually just dump pics and go instead of having actual discussions a lot of the time (though it does happen)

Plus they're all posting from the one platform and it actually compares games and not systems so people here get up in arms a lot faster. Just a shame most times it devolves into nonsense

Suppose my (misplaced) point was that these threads are silly and that the master race has a superior thread, which occasionally produce a hint of sense and constructive debate.

Or weak trolling if you please...

Congrats on becoming a mod and excuse my drunken ramblings. I'm not entirely sure I'm making much sense in english.

#90 Edited by lostrib (31634 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Can we try actually talk about best graphics in games in one of these threads for a change? instead of everyone spouting the usual fanboy stuff at each other, It will just end up driving the topic into the ground

PC is teh Best! Crysis 3! Lulsz graphics whores! Graphics>Gameplay, but TLOU looks better than lame xbone games! DF said RYSE is teh best grafix ever!

Okay, glad we could get all of that out of the way. Now on to actual discussion...

#91 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2537 posts) -

@me3x12: Ugh. This isn't a real graphics debate (in all caps!!). Both consoles have games that look great, both consoles have games that look awful. Graphics king doesn't matter because games are going to look a world better by the end of the year on both consoles.

#92 Posted by Alcapello (511 posts) -

Wait for dark souls 2 first, or at least compare it to next gen games on the wii u.

#93 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2537 posts) -

@whineyhen: Killzone is not a relevant argument for either consoles, as both will have games that surpass it graphically in the near future, even more so near the end of its life cycle.

The graphics on both consoles aren't anything close to what they'll be able to achieve years down the road. Killzone will be surpassed very quickly on both Xbox One and ps4. That said, ps4 is the more capable console, and titles will likely look better on ps4. Either way, both consoles are capable of a lot more than Killzone and Ryse.

#94 Edited by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -

Name:  902400_624526370945810_1991678156_o.jpg Views: 279 Size:  166.9 KB

The real graphics king. Have a high end PC and a PS4 nothing looks quite as good as NBA 2K14 Next gen.

#95 Edited by iwasgood2u (676 posts) -

Hey me3x12 can you stop spamming the forums with things that havent been out yet? How about you wait until a game on xboner fully utilized the cloud, secret sauce, stacked chip, and new sdk? By then when it can handle 1080p then we can have a real graphic discussion. Ryse still a garbage game. We r looking for both gameplay and graphics . When a game has poor gameplay what does that tell you? Its like showing a poor movie to the gamers.

#96 Posted by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

BF4 at max settings in 1080p or better is best I've seen on my rig. This includes metro ll and crysis 3

#97 Posted by Shielder7 (4678 posts) -

Your premise if flawed in the mere fact the Xbox one could never beat the PS 4 in graphics the same way the PS 4 couldn't beat a high end PC in graphics.

Even if RYSE was the best looking game (which it's not) if it were on the PS 4 it wouldn't take much work to make it look better both in FPS and resolution. The only way to make Xbox ones games look better is to dumb them down and strip them to the point they're games in name only like RYSE, but even than if you were to put them on the PS 4 they'd look better.

#98 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23397 posts) -

pc.

there.

gfx debate over and i saved you some time.

you're welcome.

#99 Edited by xboxiphoneps3 (2236 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@me3x12 said:

Say what you will the Xbox One is the current graphics king with just about every major game site awarding RYSE the best looking game with Killzone on PS4 taking a close second.

We hear all this talk about 1080p and the ESRAM in the Xbox and yada yad yada but here's the deal If the Xbox One is programmed specifically for the Xbox One we already see a game like RYSE taking top honors over a game designed specifically for PS4 like Killzone.

Just imagine when a game like Halo 5 comes out and uses full DX11.2 and full 6gb's of Tiled Resources for textures it's going to most likely be the best looking game by miles.

Then you got another exclusive like Quantum Break for Xbox One. I'm thinking they are going to be using special dev tools to boost graphics maybe some DX11.2 and maybe some Tiled textures also. I think it's clear when developers use the full potential of the Xbox One this system will be hard to beat in graphics when you used it's full tool sets in development.

This is all before we even see the cloud go into full effect and you can do nifty things like do some fog and shadowing effects you also can do some advanced lighting effects on the cloud. Either way even if you just use the cloud to offload huge amounts of data for CPU this will intern free up tons of resources to just put towards graphics so either way you will be maximizing things for graphics.

I think it's obvious the Xbox One is like the little engine that could and when used to it's potential by talented developers and MS given them full dev tools with DX11.2 and Tiled Resources and the Cloud the Xbox One will be really hard to beat in any graphics king debate especially with upcoming exclusives. I'd imagine a new Gears running on Unreal 4 with DX11.2 and some Tiled Resources is going to be mind blowing.

Don't sleep on the full graphics capabilities of the Xbox One it's already showing what it can do and is currently the reigning graphics king.

Also this is not to say PS4 won't have it's showcases it will The Order will look nice even at 800p and Killzone already looks pretty good. And I'm sure a new Uncharted will look great because Naughty Dog is known for great artwork.

really sucks that the Xbox One only has 32 mb of fast ram, that more then half of the Xbox Ones total system bandwidth is all locked in a measly 32 mb of memory.... and Tiled resources isnt exclusive to DirectX, its called AMD PRT, tiled resources can all be done on AMD GCN cards, the PS4 will run tiled resources better and has more power to have better lighting and real time effects over the xbox one, we are already seeing limitations of the Xbox One in many multiplats, its simply never going to be as strong as the PS4, cloud computing like how all you delusional lemmings think it will run on the Xbox One magically and perfectly fine on your 20 mbps connection lines

Actually no DX11.2 Tiled resources is exclusive to MS what the PS4 can do is a interpretation of it running through Open GL with created software but it's also been said that it will not be as efficient as MS already software developed version of Tiled Resources. This is why Sony has not been touting it as a feature thus far because it's not currently efficient and requires more software development to incorporate it and it's yet to be seen or said if they plan on doing so.

tiled resources is not exclusive to DX11.2, its called AMD PRT not only through OpenGL but other means, Xbox One needs tiled resources more then the PS4 due to it only having such little bit of fast memory, only 32 mb of it, PS4 can do it too and ps4 doesnt need it as much as the Xbox One because the PS4 has more overall bandwidth that is all over the system, 8 gb of 176 gb/s ram compard to only 32 mb of it on the Xbox One, they got the GDDR5 in the ps4 in real world around 170-171 gb/s bandwidth

not disputing the fact the xbox one isnt capable, its very capable, both consoles have AMD GCN gpu's and the same exact processors although some can argue the PS4 cpu is a tiny bit stronger due to it having extra core over the One available from the benchmarks, 12 mb/s for the Xbox One cpu and 14 mb/s for the Ps4 cpu, a sandy bridge does 26 mb/s for texture generation

#100 Edited by stereointegrity (10679 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@me3x12 said:

Actually no DX11.2 Tiled resources is exclusive to MS what the PS4 can do is a interpretation of it running through Open GL with created software but it's also been said that it will not be as efficient as MS already software developed version of Tiled Resources. This is why Sony has not been touting it as a feature thus far because it's not currently efficient and requires more software development to incorporate it and it's yet to be seen or said if they plan on doing so.

tiled resources is not exclusive to DX11.2, its called AMD PRT not only through OpenGL but other means, Xbox One needs tiled resources more then the PS4 due to it only having such little bit of fast memory, only 32 mb of it, PS4 can do it too and ps4 doesnt need it as much as the Xbox One because the PS4 has more overall bandwidth that is all over the system, 8 gb of 176 gb/s ram compard to only 32 mb of it on the Xbox One, they got the GDDR5 in the ps4 in real world around 170-171 gb/s bandwidth

not disputing the fact the xbox one isnt capable, its very capable, both consoles have AMD GCN gpu's and the same exact processors although some can argue the PS4 cpu is a tiny bit stronger due to it having extra core over the One available from the benchmarks, 12 mb/s for the Xbox One cpu and 14 mb/s for the Ps4 cpu, a sandy bridge does 26 mb/s

Its best you don't respond to him anymore... He just repeats the shit misterxmedia says.....