Lets have a REAL GRAPHICS KING DEBATE!!!!!!

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Say what you will the Xbox One is the current graphics king with just about every major game site awarding RYSE the best looking game with Killzone on PS4 taking a close second.

We hear all this talk about 1080p and the ESRAM in the Xbox and yada yad yada but here's the deal If the Xbox One is programmed specifically for the Xbox One we already see a game like RYSE taking top honors over a game designed specifically for PS4 like Killzone.

Just imagine when a game like Halo 5 comes out and uses full DX11.2 and full 6gb's of Tiled Resources for textures it's going to most likely be the best looking game by miles.

Then you got another exclusive like Quantum Break for Xbox One. I'm thinking they are going to be using special dev tools to boost graphics maybe some DX11.2 and maybe some Tiled textures also. I think it's clear when developers use the full potential of the Xbox One this system will be hard to beat in graphics when you used it's full tool sets in development.

This is all before we even see the cloud go into full effect and you can do nifty things like do some fog and shadowing effects you also can do some advanced lighting effects on the cloud. Either way even if you just use the cloud to offload huge amounts of data for CPU this will intern free up tons of resources to just put towards graphics so either way you will be maximizing things for graphics.

I think it's obvious the Xbox One is like the little engine that could and when used to it's potential by talented developers and MS given them full dev tools with DX11.2 and Tiled Resources and the Cloud the Xbox One will be really hard to beat in any graphics king debate especially with upcoming exclusives. I'd imagine a new Gears running on Unreal 4 with DX11.2 and some Tiled Resources is going to be mind blowing.

Don't sleep on the full graphics capabilities of the Xbox One it's already showing what it can do and is currently the reigning graphics king.

Also this is not to say PS4 won't have it's showcases it will The Order will look nice even at 800p and Killzone already looks pretty good. And I'm sure a new Uncharted will look great because Naughty Dog is known for great artwork.

#2 Posted by clyde46 (44128 posts) -

So a QTE fest and a animated TV show....

#3 Edited by lostrib (33450 posts) -

Not counting mods:

Crysis 3, Metro LL, BF4

#4 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Ryse is way more then QTE either way it's in game gameplay it's current graphics king. And for Quantum Break it's going to have full gameplay with time stopping and altering events.

#6 Edited by MonsieurX (29245 posts) -

Not sure why you ALWAYS use caps in your TITLES

And neither gifs are in-game gameplay,so lolz

#7 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6618 posts) -

1. Crysis 3

2. Metro: LL

3. Battlefield 4

#8 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

Jesus another thread by you get a life stop blowing Microsoft so hard you're making Lems look real bad this is the third thread you've posted with this shit.

This is a debate that we have daily on SW weather I post it or someone else

And I can always count on you to be right here on SW to respond

#9 Posted by Snugenz (11745 posts) -

The graphics king will never be on consoles, not while enthusiast PC's are around.

#10 Edited by bezza2011 (2321 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@clyde46 said:

Ryse is way more then QTE either way it's in game gameplay it's current graphics king. And for Quantum Break it's going to have full gameplay with time stopping and altering events.

It's easy to make a game look amazing when most of it is scripted or gameplay which your pretty much side stepping and doing the same move over and over again, and it isn't 1080p it's 900p.

but it does look good, but of course you have to put into account the graphics are down to not being able to actually do much in the gameplay which allows the developer to make the graphics a ton better, same with Forza 5 1080p and 60fps is only done due to the fact that the tracks are all pretty much the same, there isn't much movement in the background, and there isn't any weather conditions to push the console, and thats the sacrifice they made to make sure it's 1080p 60fps.

Cyris 3 is probably the most amazing looking on ultra settings on the PC beats anything but were along way off, these games were seeing now on both the ps4 and xbox one, are nothing like what were going to get in say 2 to 3 years time.

#11 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3525 posts) -

@me3x12: what debate all your saying is "imagine what the future holds when so and so happens" "imagine what gears and halo will look like" we haven't seen it so we don't know so there's no point to this "debate".

#12 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3677 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Say what you will the Xbox One is the current graphics king with just about every major game site awarding RYSE the best looking game with Killzone on PS4 taking a close second.

also this whole nonsense about the order running in 800p is false, educate yourself fool

http://tay.kotaku.com/why-the-order-1886-is-1080p-and-not-800p-1518902908

#13 Edited by incuensuocha (1509 posts) -

A "real" debate with you TC?

#14 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6618 posts) -

@me3x12:

Also lol @ how dumb lems are. "just wait for Halo 5 to come out, will be best looking game eva!!1" - Who gives a sh*t about Halo 5, I bet it'll be sub 30 fps, 720p and 2x AA.

Posted gifs of CGI cutscenes doesn't prove a damn thing.

If there's anything to look forward to graphically, it is The Order 1886, Uncharted 4 (we know its coming) Infamous: SS, MGSV: Phantom Pain on PS4 (or PC HOPEFULLY) a possibly new Santa Monica game, God of War 4 perhaps? at least then we can expect 1080p resolution and 30-60 fps like we've had in PC gaming for well over a decade!

... But of course PC will definitely have better looking games, I don't know what's upcoming but think Crysis 4, Doom 4, Half Life 3, new Metro game, Stalker 2, new Total War game, modded GTA V, new ARMA etc.. all of those will blow the console games off the water.

#15 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

INB4: Locklem has his/her/its thread locked. I'll give it an hour before I come back.

#16 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3755 posts) -

We never get anywhere with these wank debates.

Mods please lock thread and IP ban OP.

#17 Posted by bodde1972 (91 posts) -
#18 Edited by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

Battlefield 4 at 1080p at 200% super sampling is probably the best looking, non modded game on the market. After that I would say Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light all at 1080p/60fps probably are the best looking games on the market.

Ryse can't even come close to that thanks to it's lower resolution and 30fps for a nice "cinematic" experience that console fanboys seem to love.

#19 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7102 posts) -

You're a funny man.

#20 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Battlefield 4 at 1080p at 200% super sampling is probably the best looking, non modded game on the market. After that I would say Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light all at 1080p/60fps probably are the best looking games on the market.

Ryse can't even come close to that thanks to it's lower resolution and 30fps for a nice "cinematic" experience that console fanboys seem to love.

lol uh oh, shhhh, he's not going to like that, not one bit, baha.

#21 Edited by jsmoke03 (12622 posts) -

pre rendered cut scenes wont do bro. ryse may look better now but thats just launch and its crytek. everything looked better on the 360 at launch then sony came out with their big guns and nothing on the 360 side has ever even come close. a pc game will always be graphics king....

#22 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@clyde46 said:

It's easy to make a game look amazing when most of it is scripted or gameplay which your pretty much side stepping and doing the same move over and over again, and it isn't 1080p it's 900p.

but it does look good, but of course you have to put into account the graphics are down to not being able to actually do much in the gameplay which allows the developer to make the graphics a ton better, same with Forza 5 1080p and 60fps is only done due to the fact that the tracks are all pretty much the same, there isn't much movement in the background, and there isn't any weather conditions to push the console, and thats the sacrifice they made to make sure it's 1080p 60fps.

Cyris 3 is probably the most amazing looking on ultra settings on the PC beats anything but were along way off, these games were seeing now on both the ps4 and xbox one, are nothing like what were going to get in say 2 to 3 years time.

Well you can say the same for games like Uncharted and then The Order 1886 also both are linear style games. Also Forza 5 looks gorgeous assuming you got a good setting on your HD TV but it truly does look gorgeous especially the new track Road America just released but most of the tracks look great and the cars look amazing. Also the rumor is Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One this fall will have full weather and day night cycle and be 60fps 1080p.

#23 Edited by bezza2011 (2321 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@me3x12 said:

@clyde46 said:

Well you can say the same for games like Uncharted and then The Order 1886 also both are linear style games. Also Forza 5 looks gorgeous assuming you got a good setting on your HD TV but it truly does look gorgeous especially the new track Road America just released but most of the tracks look great and the cars look amazing. Also the rumor is Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One this fall will have full weather and day night cycle and be 60fps 1080p.

yes it looks good, but the stale back ground, is the whole reason they have juice left over to push the 1080p 60fps, unless the cloud they speak of can really deliver on there promises then i honestly don't see forza horizon 2 hitting that at all i could be wrong and hold my hands up, but looking at the specs xbox one cannot handle that much processing power, and xbox one developers have even said they haven't made it powerful at all, they already have said this, you just need to come to terms that the PS4 is ahead in the graphics department and always will be due to the components used in the machine i'm not being a fanboy here, thats just facts, it will be a different story if the cloud is real and they use it, but thats a pipe dream and until then, thats how it will be

#24 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38210 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Battlefield 4 at 1080p at 200% super sampling is probably the best looking, non modded game on the market.

That resolution scaling on BF4 is insane haha I tried it out when I got my new parts not too long ago and holy hell. Everything is so damn crisp.

I was also still managing up to 60fps maxed out too which was amazing to look at

#25 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@clyde46 said:

I approve of this post.

#26 Edited by Roler42 (539 posts) -

Ryse: Visuals and microtransactions that will milk you beyond your 60 dollar investment...

I guess if staring at games instead of playing them is your thing TC...

Either way, BF4, Crysis, Metro LL, there's lots of games that look more visually impressive, hell Uncharted gets the props for both visuals and gameplay since despite it's linearity it still has more gameplay than Ryse without even milking you with any microtransactions whatsoever

#27 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

You never have anything remotely positive to post in anyone thread in SW you come in start a troll riot and then back peddle and then proceed to get owned

#28 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3525 posts) -

Same thing with this guy over and over and over " bu..bu... The tiled resources... Bu ... Bu.... Teh DX 11.2..... Bu...bu.... The secret sauce and powers of teh cloud" I'm starting to believe you are MisterX it one of the many voices in his head.

#29 Edited by Jag85 (4354 posts) -

Ryse looks great, but the the problem is that the best-looking parts are actually pre-rendered cut-scenes playing from the Blu-Ray, just like what PS3 games such as Uncharted and The Last of Us were doing last gen.

#30 Edited by happyduds77 (1443 posts) -

I am pretty sure a game on a very low-medium end system can not be graphics king.

#31 Posted by lostrib (33450 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@Wasdie said:

You never have anything remotely positive to post in anyone thread in SW you come in start a troll riot and then back peddle and then proceed to get owned

You pretty much described yourself

#32 Posted by MonsieurX (29245 posts) -

I am pretty sure a game on a very low-medium end system can not be graphics king.

ie,consoles

#33 Posted by ni6htmare01 (895 posts) -

what a waste of time!

#34 Posted by happyduds77 (1443 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

ie,consoles

Yeah

#35 Posted by clone01 (24406 posts) -

Lets not and say we did.

#36 Posted by lostrib (33450 posts) -

@clone01 said:

Lets not and say we did.

can we not and say we didn't?

#37 Posted by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -

TC aside from spouting opinions as facts. Do you ever bring factual cold hard evidence to ANY thread you make?

#38 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@Wasdie said:

your threads are troll threads to begin with and get locked consistently which is why no-one takes them seriously. Don't make me own you like I consistently did in your 1080p thread.

#39 Posted by lostrib (33450 posts) -

TC aside from spouting opinions as facts. Do you ever bring factual cold hard evidence to ANY thread you make?

Duh, he cites all of his legit sources. Directx11.2! SDK! Updates! XBONE! RYSE! DEAL WITH IT!

#40 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16255 posts) -

The only thing people ever talk about in Ryse is how good it looks.

How pathetic

#41 Posted by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Duh, he cites all of his legit sources. Directx11.2! SDK! Updates! XBONE! RYSE! DEAL WITH IT!

I know...Right? Hey we should game sometimes. Hit me up on PM or send me your user names or somethin.

#42 Posted by leandrro (787 posts) -

1. Crysis 3

2. Metro: LL

3. Battlefield 4

basically 2011 engines > next gen

#43 Posted by leandrro (787 posts) -

@me3x12: 1,1 teraflop is just a joke for gaming, get real

#44 Edited by xboxiphoneps3 (2280 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

We hear all this talk about 1080p and the ESRAM in the Xbox and yada yad yada but here's the deal If the Xbox One is programmed specifically for the Xbox One we already see a game like RYSE taking top honors over a game designed specifically for PS4 like Killzone.

Just imagine when a game like Halo 5 comes out and uses full DX11.2 and full 6gb's of Tiled Resources for textures it's going to most likely be the best looking game by miles.

Then you got another exclusive like Quantum Break for Xbox One. I'm thinking they are going to be using special dev tools to boost graphics maybe some DX11.2 and maybe some Tiled textures also. I think it's clear when developers use the full potential of the Xbox One this system will be hard to beat in graphics when you used it's full tool sets in development.

This is all before we even see the cloud go into full effect and you can do nifty things like do some fog and shadowing effects you also can do some advanced lighting effects on the cloud. Either way even if you just use the cloud to offload huge amounts of data for CPU this will intern free up tons of resources to just put towards graphics so either way you will be maximizing things for graphics.

I think it's obvious the Xbox One is like the little engine that could and when used to it's potential by talented developers and MS given them full dev tools with DX11.2 and Tiled Resources and the Cloud the Xbox One will be really hard to beat in any graphics king debate especially with upcoming exclusives. I'd imagine a new Gears running on Unreal 4 with DX11.2 and some Tiled Resources is going to be mind blowing.

Don't sleep on the full graphics capabilities of the Xbox One it's already showing what it can do and is currently the reigning graphics king.

Also this is not to say PS4 won't have it's showcases it will The Order will look nice even at 800p and Killzone already looks pretty good. And I'm sure a new Uncharted will look great because Naughty Dog is known for great artwork.

really sucks that the Xbox One only has 32 mb of fast ram, that more then half of the Xbox Ones total system bandwidth is all locked in a measly 32 mb of memory.... and Tiled resources isnt exclusive to DirectX, its called AMD PRT, tiled resources can all be done on AMD GCN cards, the PS4 will run tiled resources better and has more power to have better lighting and real time effects over the xbox one, we are already seeing limitations of the Xbox One in many multiplats, its simply never going to be as strong as the PS4, cloud computing like how all you delusional lemmings think it will run on the Xbox One magically and perfectly fine on your 20 mbps connection lines

#45 Edited by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

It has been decided that PS4 is the best once again. To be expected really with the PS4 offering the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

#47 Posted by Pray_to_me (2801 posts) -

Hey TC wussup with using cut scenes? How about some in game screens?

lol lemmings think this 900p linear PoS is graphics king? lmfao!

PS3 better graphics than Xbone confirmed

#48 Edited by uninspiredcup (7667 posts) -

Great job posting pre-rendered movies my friend. That pretty much what console gaming is now.

Meanwhile, hardcore mature pc gamers will be playing real time epic i10, 000 units on screen intellectual game for men with actual, real, actually playable gameplay.

#49 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@me3x12 said:

really sucks that the Xbox One only has 32 mb of fast ram, that more then half of the Xbox Ones total system bandwidth is all locked in a measly 32 mb of memory.... and Tiled resources isnt exclusive to DirectX, its called AMD PRT, tiled resources can all be done on AMD GCN cards, the PS4 will run tiled resources better and has more power to have better lighting and real time effects over the xbox one, we are already seeing limitations of the Xbox One in many multiplats, its simply never going to be as strong as the PS4, cloud computing like how all you delusional lemmings think it will run on the Xbox One magically and perfectly fine on your 20 mbps connection lines

Actually no DX11.2 Tiled resources is exclusive to MS what the PS4 can do is a interpretation of it running through Open GL with created software but it's also been said that it will not be as efficient as MS already software developed version of Tiled Resources. This is why Sony has not been touting it as a feature thus far because it's not currently efficient and requires more software development to incorporate it and it's yet to be seen or said if they plan on doing so.

#50 Edited by MonsieurX (29245 posts) -

Hey TC wussup with using cut scenes? How about some in game screens?

lol lemmings think this 900p linear PoS is graphics king? lmfao!

PS3 better graphics than Xbone confirmed

lol cherry picking screens