Let's clarify this about the PC once and for all

  • 116 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by darkspineslayer (19551 posts) -
#52 Posted by lostrib (34590 posts) -

@charizard1605: I didn't know there were canonical pairs. Is that just based on what happens in the anime (before the Golden anime)?

#53 Posted by charizard1605 (56065 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605: I didn't know there were canonical pairs. Is that just based on what happens in the anime (before the Golden anime)?

It's just what Atlus intended. They still wanted to ensure player freedom, so they never actually state it explicitly in game, but the game hints at those pairs heavily (eg: Rise throwing herself at you every chance she gets while being a famous idol is meant to urge you towards going for her, Yosuke and Chie's sexual tension is meant to establish them as a pair, Kanji and Naoto are the easiest one to see). Atlus stated what they thought were the canonical pairs in an interview some time around Golden was due to release, I think.

#54 Posted by lostrib (34590 posts) -

@charizard1605: ah

Yeah, I'm in august now. I'm at the Void Quest Boss (mitsuo), but I think i'm underleveled so I need to grind a bit

#55 Edited by charizard1605 (56065 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605: ah

Yeah, I'm in august now. I'm at the Void Quest Boss (mitsuo), but I think i'm underleveled so I need to grind a bit

Level 43-45 is where you want to be. If you have a Persona with Megiodola, spam the hell out of that one attack, that's what will win you that battle. And above all, remember, it's a battle of attrition, so it will be pretty long either way. It's also the hardest boss before the end game, so all I can say is, keep trying lol.

#56 Posted by Gue1 (9503 posts) -

And all consoles are consoles, they only have different OS's.

Sorry but this is one rule I'll use to clean my ass with.

#57 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

Console are computers. Consoles use much of the same hardware as "PC's" even the same architecture. In fact it is mostly the software, primarily the operating systems that differentiate them. Why do MoD's feel the need to mollycoddle the Windows platform? Aren't you tired of groveling to the Hermit faction? If Windows gaming is so good than why does it need to hide in some bogus logic defying umbrella grouping? Let's not equivocate here. The real reason is because half of "PC"'s AAA "exclusives" like world of Warcraft and Farmville are cross platform. You're padding Windows stats because it needs all the help it can get, and you're toady with the Hermits because you're a sycophant.

#58 Edited by Cranler (8730 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Console are computers. Consoles use much of the same hardware as "PC's" even the same architecture. In fact it is mostly the software, primarily the operating systems that differentiate them. Why do MoD's feel the need to mollycoddle the Windows platform? Aren't you tired of groveling to the Hermit faction? If Windows gaming is so good than why does it need to hide in some bogus logic defying umbrella grouping? Let's not equivocate here. The real reason is because half of "PC"'s AAA "exclusives" like world of Warcraft and Farmville are cross platform. You're padding Windows stats because it needs all the help it can get, and you're toady with the Hermits because you're a sycophant.

Logic overload. System wars might crash.

#59 Edited by lostrib (34590 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Console are computers. Consoles use much of the same hardware as "PC's" even the same architecture. In fact it is mostly the software, primarily the operating systems that differentiate them. Why do MoD's feel the need to mollycoddle the Windows platform? Aren't you tired of groveling to the Hermit faction? If Windows gaming is so good than why does it need to hide in some bogus logic defying umbrella grouping? Let's not equivocate here. The real reason is because half of "PC"'s AAA "exclusives" like world of Warcraft and Farmville are cross platform. You're padding Windows stats because it needs all the help it can get, and you're toady with the Hermits because you're a sycophant.

Logic overload. System wars might crash.

Nope,

"But the PC is one system. It doesn't matter what OS it is running,"

"THIS IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE"

#60 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Console are computers. Consoles use much of the same hardware as "PC's" even the same architecture. In fact it is mostly the software, primarily the operating systems that differentiate them. Why do MoD's feel the need to mollycoddle the Windows platform? Aren't you tired of groveling to the Hermit faction? If Windows gaming is so good than why does it need to hide in some bogus logic defying umbrella grouping? Let's not equivocate here. The real reason is because half of "PC"'s AAA "exclusives" like world of Warcraft and Farmville are cross platform. You're padding Windows stats because it needs all the help it can get, and you're toady with the Hermits because you're a sycophant.

Logic overload. System wars might crash.

Nope,

"But the PC is one system. It doesn't matter what OS it is running,"

"THIS IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE"

Every ps4 can run the same games can every pc run the same games?

#61 Posted by lostrib (34590 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Console are computers. Consoles use much of the same hardware as "PC's" even the same architecture. In fact it is mostly the software, primarily the operating systems that differentiate them. Why do MoD's feel the need to mollycoddle the Windows platform? Aren't you tired of groveling to the Hermit faction? If Windows gaming is so good than why does it need to hide in some bogus logic defying umbrella grouping? Let's not equivocate here. The real reason is because half of "PC"'s AAA "exclusives" like world of Warcraft and Farmville are cross platform. You're padding Windows stats because it needs all the help it can get, and you're toady with the Hermits because you're a sycophant.

Logic overload. System wars might crash.

Nope,

"But the PC is one system. It doesn't matter what OS it is running,"

"THIS IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE"

Every ps4 can run the same games can every pc run the same games?

"THIS IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE"

#62 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

As a matter of fact, the official nomenclature also makes all consoles 'consoles' they just happen to be running different OSs. They're all consoles just as a phone running iOS or Android is still a smartphone.

#63 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Console are computers. Consoles use much of the same hardware as "PC's" even the same architecture. In fact it is mostly the software, primarily the operating systems that differentiate them. Why do MoD's feel the need to mollycoddle the Windows platform? Aren't you tired of groveling to the Hermit faction? If Windows gaming is so good than why does it need to hide in some bogus logic defying umbrella grouping? Let's not equivocate here. The real reason is because half of "PC"'s AAA "exclusives" like world of Warcraft and Farmville are cross platform. You're padding Windows stats because it needs all the help it can get, and you're toady with the Hermits because you're a sycophant.

Logic overload. System wars might crash.

Nope,

"But the PC is one system. It doesn't matter what OS it is running,"

"THIS IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE"

Every ps4 can run the same games can every pc run the same games?

"THIS IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE"

Because it's a debate you can't win.

#64 Posted by lostrib (34590 posts) -

@Cranler: there's nothing to be debated. This is system wars and the rules of system wars have been outlined.

So I really don't care beyond that

#65 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Cranler: there's nothing to be debated. This is system wars and the rules of system wars have been outlined.

So I really don't care beyond that

So a laptop from 2001 and a custom desktop with a 4770k/sli 780ti are the same system?

#66 Posted by lostrib (34590 posts) -
#67 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -
#68 Posted by lostrib (34590 posts) -

@Cranler: zzzzzzzzzzz

Still not sure what is giving you the impression that I wanted to debate about this

But once again, I don't care

#69 Posted by humanistpotato (343 posts) -

@lostrib said:

SW continues to set the bar ever so low

#70 Posted by Daforsaken1 (71 posts) -

@daforsaken1 said:

@charizard1605: Aaand one more thing. STOP PUTTING MAC IN PC CATEGORY!!! THAT THING IS SHIT AND EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT IS SHIT AND PEASANT-LIKE!!

Tell me how you really feel, man.

stop being a GS mod and join illuminati


I feel disgusted. When you put MAC on the same shelf as PCs, I feel disgusted.

@lostrib said:

@daforsaken1 said:

@charizard1605: Aaand one more thing. STOP PUTTING MAC IN PC CATEGORY!!! THAT THING IS SHIT AND EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT IS SHIT AND PEASANT-LIKE!!

yeah but it has an apple on it. That makes it better

There are 12 apples in my fridge. My fridge is better than MAC then.

#71 Posted by natsm (60 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

You do know that consollites will continue to do this right?

#72 Posted by freedomfreak (39207 posts) -

This will stop people for sure.

#73 Edited by kweeni (10898 posts) -

Android is an OS, not a smartphone.

#74 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

Charizard fails to grasp that the argument about what constitutes a system wasn't in regards to sys wars but in general.

#75 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4044 posts) -
@Cranler said:

Charizard fails to grasp that the argument about what constitutes a system wasn't in regards to sys wars but in general.

Or you're just really desperate to have a point to cling to.

#77 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

@Cranler said:

Charizard fails to grasp that the argument about what constitutes a system wasn't in regards to sys wars but in general.

Or you're just really desperate to have a point to cling to.

I remember you. You claimed that the reason many publishers focus on console is because of dlc yet you never proved it. You claimed that pc gamers are too smart to fall for dlc.

Five TF2 community members—Rob Laro, Shawn Spetch, Steven Skidmore, Spencer Kern, and Shaylyn Hamm—created new items for the game ranging from crocodile hats to jars of milk to sleek black rocket launchers, which players can purchase in-game. Two weeks later, some of these guys are sitting on royalties of up to $47,000 USD.

http://kotaku.com/5669981/making-team-fortress-2-hats-turns-out-to-be-very-profitable

#78 Posted by Krelian-co (10400 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler: there's nothing to be debated. This is system wars and the rules of system wars have been outlined.

So I really don't care beyond that

So a laptop from 2001 and a custom desktop with a 4770k/sli 780ti are the same system?

they are both pc.

Stop crying cranler, go buy a gaming pc.

#79 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605: I didn't know there were canonical pairs. Is that just based on what happens in the anime (before the Golden anime)?

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler: there's nothing to be debated. This is system wars and the rules of system wars have been outlined.

So I really don't care beyond that

So a laptop from 2001 and a custom desktop with a 4770k/sli 780ti are the same system?

they are both pc.

Stop crying cranler, go buy a gaming pc.

Are you saying they're both pc's but not the same system?

Already proved I have a gaming pc. Still waiting on proof that you have one.

#80 Posted by naz99 (1225 posts) -

Like page after page of this was not enough on the other thread ,we gotta go through it again?

#81 Edited by natsm (60 posts) -

@naz99 said:

Like page after page of this was not enough on the other thread ,we gotta go through it again?

this thread is basically The PC is the superior gaming platform - Definitive Edition 2 Redefined

#82 Edited by naz99 (1225 posts) -

@natsm: really? I thought it was the ultra mega turbo edition :p

#83 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4432 posts) -
@Cranler said:

here

So you know better than wiki and PC Mag?

You say Dell Inspiron is one system configuration of pc so that would make xbox 360 one system configuration of console.

1. no i thought we reached the same conclusion

2. yes. its about whether or not they have an 'is a' relationship.

xbox 360 is a type of console (or system configuration of console if you will), which broadly speaking is a console, which broadly speaking is a computer (which you agree with in post 58).

#84 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4044 posts) -
@Cranler said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Cranler said:

Charizard fails to grasp that the argument about what constitutes a system wasn't in regards to sys wars but in general.

Or you're just really desperate to have a point to cling to.

I remember you. You claimed that the reason many publishers focus on console is because of dlc yet you never proved it. You claimed that pc gamers are too smart to fall for dlc.

Five TF2 community members—Rob Laro, Shawn Spetch, Steven Skidmore, Spencer Kern, and Shaylyn Hamm—created new items for the game ranging from crocodile hats to jars of milk to sleek black rocket launchers, which players can purchase in-game. Two weeks later, some of these guys are sitting on royalties of up to $47,000 USD.

http://kotaku.com/5669981/making-team-fortress-2-hats-turns-out-to-be-very-profitable

LOL, I never claimed PC gamers don't buy DLC. I said console gamers get milked to fuck with it and they do. I know, I was one.

More expensive games as a standard for both retail and the indie games, Subscriptions, DLC and so on.

When I started PC gaming a few months ago, and thinking about how many games I get dirt cheap from steam and as part of the Humble Bundle and then I started thinking about just how much fucking money I must have wasted last gen. MS and Sony have turned consoles into milking stations. Deal with it.

#85 Posted by thehig1 (1401 posts) -

This whole thread has been made for cranler lol.

I gave up arguing with him after 20 pages of posts

#86 Posted by natsm (60 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

This whole thread has been made for cranler lol.

I gave up arguing with him after 20 pages of posts

it's actually amazing that he isn't tired of arguing with everyone

#87 Posted by SambaLele (5192 posts) -

But the PC is one system.

So everyone is a hermit? The most inclusive faction. I kid, I kid.

But, truly, rules on arguments?

#88 Edited by parkurtommo (26508 posts) -

This, again?

#89 Edited by SoftwareGeek (216 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I cannot believe I have to actually do this, but apparently, there is actually some confusion about this on System Wars. But the PC is one system. It doesn't matter what OS it is running, it is still the same damn system. A Mac is a PC. A Linux is a PC. Just like your iPhone and Android are both smartphones.

Jesus Christ.

Just to lay it down once and for all, so there is no confusion:

  • Wii U is a separate system
  • PS4 is a separate system
  • Xbox One is a separate system
  • PC (including Windows, Mac, and Linux) is one system for SW purposes. As a matter of fact, the official nomenclature also makes all computers 'PCs' they just happen to be running different OSs. They're all PCs, just as a phone running iOS or Android is still a smartphone.
  • And before this crops up:
    • There is a PlayStation 'ecosystem' This is not 'one system' this is two (or more) separate systems that work in conjunction together.
    • There is an Xbox 'ecosystem' This is not 'one system' this is two (or more) separate systems that work in conjunction together.
    • There is a Nintendo 'ecosystem' This is not 'one system' this is two (or more) separate systems that work in conjunction together.

PC is not one system. It's one device. Software is OS dependent. There are a handful different OS's that can run a PC/laptop. The OS is the system. Hence, Operating System. I think this is what you're trying to say, however I'm not sure you articulated it well since you said PC is one system. A caveat occurs when the software is written in Java. Java is not specific to an Operating System. Java is a write-once run-anywhere technology. (Sort of) You must have the java virtual machine installed on the OS so the code can run correctly. If there's not a jvm for a specific OS, then Java cannot run. This is usually not a problem because Oracle does a good job of building jvm's for relevant OS's. That being said, most games are probably written in C and compiled to an executable that is OS dependent. Why do this instead of writing it in Java? Good question. The answer is performance. By compiling the code to a native executable, the overhead of the vm is removed which frees up resources (cpu, memory, etc). So Microsoft actually has 3 systems out. The 360, the xb1, and the PC (windows). How ironic is it that PC fanboys criticize Microsofts consoles and yet play on a Microsoft system? Some may use linux or mac but MS still owns the desktop market so most of them are playing on a MS system.

#90 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4044 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I cannot believe I have to actually do this, but apparently, there is actually some confusion about this on System Wars. But the PC is one system. It doesn't matter what OS it is running, it is still the same damn system. A Mac is a PC. A Linux is a PC. Just like your iPhone and Android are both smartphones.

Jesus Christ.

Just to lay it down once and for all, so there is no confusion:

  • Wii U is a separate system
  • PS4 is a separate system
  • Xbox One is a separate system
  • PC (including Windows, Mac, and Linux) is one system for SW purposes. As a matter of fact, the official nomenclature also makes all computers 'PCs' they just happen to be running different OSs. They're all PCs, just as a phone running iOS or Android is still a smartphone.
  • And before this crops up:
    • There is a PlayStation 'ecosystem' This is not 'one system' this is two (or more) separate systems that work in conjunction together.
    • There is an Xbox 'ecosystem' This is not 'one system' this is two (or more) separate systems that work in conjunction together.
    • There is a Nintendo 'ecosystem' This is not 'one system' this is two (or more) separate systems that work in conjunction together.

PC is not one system. It's one device. Software is OS dependent. There are a handful different OS's that can run a PC/laptop. The OS is the system. Hence, Operating System. I think this is what you're trying to say, however I'm not sure you articulated it well since you said PC is one system. A caveat occurs when the software is written in Java. Java is not specific to an Operating System. Java is a write-once run-anywhere technology. (Sort of) You must have the java virtual machine installed on the OS so the code can run correctly. If there's not a jvm for a specific OS, then Java cannot run. This is usually not a problem because Oracle does a good job of building jvm's for relevant OS's. That being said, most games are probably written in C and compiled to an executable that is OS dependent. Why do this instead of writing it in Java? Good question. The answer is performance. By compiling the code to a native executable, the overhead of the vm is removed which frees up resources (cpu, memory, etc). So Microsoft actually has 3 systems out. The 360, the xb1, and the PC (windows). How ironic is it that PC fanboys criticize Microsofts consoles and yet play on a Microsoft system? Some may use linux or mac but MS still owns the desktop market so most of them are playing on a MS system.

Not sure I see the irony considering MS completely control their consoles, yet the control they have on their PC OSs is limited to making sure it functions properly, is secure and is fully featured.

But why bother splitting up the PC into other OSs such as Win, OSX and Linux. I don't imagine there is many exclusive games on the latter two OSs. And they have the same purposes and do the same jobs as a Windows based PC.
Every system is its own entity, but it's part of the PCs nature that it is not bound by the same limits. People (not you) trying to split the PC up into categories to make things fair in SWs, well that has no realistic basic, competition is not fair, this is not a sport.
#91 Edited by SoftwareGeek (216 posts) -

Not sure I see the irony considering MS completely control their consoles, yet the control they have on their PC OSs is limited to making sure it functions properly, is secure and is fully featured.

The software (game) is still dependent on Microsoft product. In this case, the product is the MS OS. I guess we differ on finding that ironic. Fair enough.

#92 Posted by lostrib (34590 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605: I didn't know there were canonical pairs. Is that just based on what happens in the anime (before the Golden anime)?

Why did you quote me?

#93 Posted by lostrib (34590 posts) -

This, again?

well earlier char said there was no debate on the subject, so hopefully he'll shut it down soon before we get to 25+ pages of crap

#94 Posted by parkurtommo (26508 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@parkurtommo said:

This, again?

well earlier char said there was no debate on the subject, so hopefully he'll shut it down soon before we get to 25+ pages of crap

Alright, I'll start:

Mac sux and Pc doesn't, so how can they be the same platform??? Dun dun dun

#95 Edited by lostrib (34590 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@lostrib said:

@parkurtommo said:

This, again?

well earlier char said there was no debate on the subject, so hopefully he'll shut it down soon before we get to 25+ pages of crap

Alright, I'll start:

Mac sux and Pc doesn't, so how can they be the same platform??? Dun dun dun

Macs are PCs peasant!

#96 Edited by Cranler (8730 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Cranler said:

Charizard fails to grasp that the argument about what constitutes a system wasn't in regards to sys wars but in general.

Or you're just really desperate to have a point to cling to.

I remember you. You claimed that the reason many publishers focus on console is because of dlc yet you never proved it. You claimed that pc gamers are too smart to fall for dlc.

Five TF2 community members—Rob Laro, Shawn Spetch, Steven Skidmore, Spencer Kern, and Shaylyn Hamm—created new items for the game ranging from crocodile hats to jars of milk to sleek black rocket launchers, which players can purchase in-game. Two weeks later, some of these guys are sitting on royalties of up to $47,000 USD.

http://kotaku.com/5669981/making-team-fortress-2-hats-turns-out-to-be-very-profitable

LOL, I never claimed PC gamers don't buy DLC. I said console gamers get milked to fuck with it and they do. I know, I was one.

More expensive games as a standard for both retail and the indie games, Subscriptions, DLC and so on.

When I started PC gaming a few months ago, and thinking about how many games I get dirt cheap from steam and as part of the Humble Bundle and then I started thinking about just how much fucking money I must have wasted last gen. MS and Sony have turned consoles into milking stations. Deal with it.

Your words: From day one a console release is a cash cow from pre-release special editions with skin dlcs (for single player and multiplayer content), then there's day one DLC and a continued stream of DLC and before you know it, you've invested £80 if not more on a game.Like I said consoles are cash cows.

So you're claiming that pc doesn't have pre-release special editions? That pc doesn't have day one dlc and a continued stream of dlc?

You also said this They know they can pull crap with console gamers they can't with PC gamers.

Proof?

You save money on any platform by waiting. Most multiplats launch at the same price on pc and console. I see many pc gamers still buying all the games they want at launch and then many games they never planned on buying when on sale.

But why bother splitting up the PC into other OSs such as Win, OSX and Linux. I don't imagine there is many exclusive games on the latter two OSs. And they have the same purposes and do the same jobs as a Windows based PC.
Every system is its own entity, but it's part of the PCs nature that it is not bound by the same limits. People (not you) trying to split the PC up into categories to make things fair in SWs, well that has no realistic basic, competition is not fair, this is not a sport.

So we don't split mac, windows and linux because mac and linux don't have many exclusives? How convenient.

So if a fourth console came out and only played multiplats would we combine it with either PS 4 or Xbone? Decide with a coin flip?

Does steam machine get lumped in with pc? What if steam machine ends up getting linux it's own exclusives? We would then separate? Is 1 exclusive enough to separate or does it need need 2 or 3 or 4 exclusives?

Unfair competition would imply no rules yet you want to impose rules on both sides.

#97 Posted by parkurtommo (26508 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@parkurtommo said:

@lostrib said:

@parkurtommo said:

This, again?

well earlier char said there was no debate on the subject, so hopefully he'll shut it down soon before we get to 25+ pages of crap

Alright, I'll start:

Mac sux and Pc doesn't, so how can they be the same platform??? Dun dun dun

Macs are PCs peasant!

But Vita is also made by Sony just like Macs and PCs are both made by Microsofts, so how??????????????

#98 Posted by lostrib (34590 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@parkurtommo said:

@lostrib said:

@parkurtommo said:

This, again?

well earlier char said there was no debate on the subject, so hopefully he'll shut it down soon before we get to 25+ pages of crap

Alright, I'll start:

Mac sux and Pc doesn't, so how can they be the same platform??? Dun dun dun

Macs are PCs peasant!

But Vita is also made by Sony just like Macs and PCs are both made by Microsofts, so how??????????????

lolvita!

You can't run macOSX on Vita!

#99 Edited by Krelian-co (10400 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Cranler said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Cranler said:

Charizard fails to grasp that the argument about what constitutes a system wasn't in regards to sys wars but in general.

Or you're just really desperate to have a point to cling to.

I remember you. You claimed that the reason many publishers focus on console is because of dlc yet you never proved it. You claimed that pc gamers are too smart to fall for dlc.

Five TF2 community members—Rob Laro, Shawn Spetch, Steven Skidmore, Spencer Kern, and Shaylyn Hamm—created new items for the game ranging from crocodile hats to jars of milk to sleek black rocket launchers, which players can purchase in-game. Two weeks later, some of these guys are sitting on royalties of up to $47,000 USD.

http://kotaku.com/5669981/making-team-fortress-2-hats-turns-out-to-be-very-profitable

LOL, I never claimed PC gamers don't buy DLC. I said console gamers get milked to fuck with it and they do. I know, I was one.

More expensive games as a standard for both retail and the indie games, Subscriptions, DLC and so on.

When I started PC gaming a few months ago, and thinking about how many games I get dirt cheap from steam and as part of the Humble Bundle and then I started thinking about just how much fucking money I must have wasted last gen. MS and Sony have turned consoles into milking stations. Deal with it.

Your words: From day one a console release is a cash cow from pre-release special editions with skin dlcs (for single player and multiplayer content), then there's day one DLC and a continued stream of DLC and before you know it, you've invested £80 if not more on a game.Like I said consoles are cash cows.

So you're claiming that pc doesn't have pre-release special editions? That pc doesn't have day one dlc and a continued stream of dlc?

You also said this They know they can pull crap with console gamers they can't with PC gamers.

Proof?

You save money on any platform by waiting. Most multiplats launch at the same price on pc and console. I see many pc gamers still buying all the games they want at launch and then many games they never planned on buying when on sale.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

But why bother splitting up the PC into other OSs such as Win, OSX and Linux. I don't imagine there is many exclusive games on the latter two OSs. And they have the same purposes and do the same jobs as a Windows based PC.
Every system is its own entity, but it's part of the PCs nature that it is not bound by the same limits. People (not you) trying to split the PC up into categories to make things fair in SWs, well that has no realistic basic, competition is not fair, this is not a sport.

So we don't split mac, windows and linux because mac and linux don't have many exclusives? How convenient.

So if a fourth console came out and only played multiplats would we combine it with either PS 4 or Xbone? Decide with a coin flip?

Does steam machine get lumped in with pc? What if steam machine ends up getting linux it's own exclusives? We would then separate? Is 1 exclusive enough to separate or does it need need 2 or 3 or 4 exclusives?

Unfair competition would imply no rules yet you want to impose rules on both sides.

just buy a pc and stop crying

#100 Posted by Cranler (8730 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Cranler said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Cranler said:

Charizard fails to grasp that the argument about what constitutes a system wasn't in regards to sys wars but in general.

Or you're just really desperate to have a point to cling to.

I remember you. You claimed that the reason many publishers focus on console is because of dlc yet you never proved it. You claimed that pc gamers are too smart to fall for dlc.

Five TF2 community members—Rob Laro, Shawn Spetch, Steven Skidmore, Spencer Kern, and Shaylyn Hamm—created new items for the game ranging from crocodile hats to jars of milk to sleek black rocket launchers, which players can purchase in-game. Two weeks later, some of these guys are sitting on royalties of up to $47,000 USD.

http://kotaku.com/5669981/making-team-fortress-2-hats-turns-out-to-be-very-profitable

LOL, I never claimed PC gamers don't buy DLC. I said console gamers get milked to fuck with it and they do. I know, I was one.

More expensive games as a standard for both retail and the indie games, Subscriptions, DLC and so on.

When I started PC gaming a few months ago, and thinking about how many games I get dirt cheap from steam and as part of the Humble Bundle and then I started thinking about just how much fucking money I must have wasted last gen. MS and Sony have turned consoles into milking stations. Deal with it.

Your words: From day one a console release is a cash cow from pre-release special editions with skin dlcs (for single player and multiplayer content), then there's day one DLC and a continued stream of DLC and before you know it, you've invested £80 if not more on a game.Like I said consoles are cash cows.

So you're claiming that pc doesn't have pre-release special editions? That pc doesn't have day one dlc and a continued stream of dlc?

You also said this They know they can pull crap with console gamers they can't with PC gamers.

Proof?

You save money on any platform by waiting. Most multiplats launch at the same price on pc and console. I see many pc gamers still buying all the games they want at launch and then many games they never planned on buying when on sale.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

But why bother splitting up the PC into other OSs such as Win, OSX and Linux. I don't imagine there is many exclusive games on the latter two OSs. And they have the same purposes and do the same jobs as a Windows based PC.
Every system is its own entity, but it's part of the PCs nature that it is not bound by the same limits. People (not you) trying to split the PC up into categories to make things fair in SWs, well that has no realistic basic, competition is not fair, this is not a sport.

So we don't split mac, windows and linux because mac and linux don't have many exclusives? How convenient.

So if a fourth console came out and only played multiplats would we combine it with either PS 4 or Xbone? Decide with a coin flip?

Does steam machine get lumped in with pc? What if steam machine ends up getting linux it's own exclusives? We would then separate? Is 1 exclusive enough to separate or does it need need 2 or 3 or 4 exclusives?

Unfair competition would imply no rules yet you want to impose rules on both sides.

just buy a pc and stop crying

You're a fakeboy.

Where did I display any jealousy?