Let's predict the reactions to the Nintendo conference!

• 64 results
#1 Edited by Willy105 (24544 posts) -

1. Nintendo announces more Mario games, NFC, not much else

"Nintendo just gave up, they deserve their last place. They do nothing new."

2. Nintendo announces return of older franchises like Metroid, F-Zero and Star Fox.

"Banking on nostalgia. Once again proof that Nintendo can do nothing new."

3. Nintendo announces yet another new IP again.

"That new IP doesn't count because of reasons, just like their other new IPs. Nintendo still does nothing new."

#2 Posted by finalstar2007 (25271 posts) -

What conference? didnt they confirm no conference again this year?

pretty sure its just a YouTube video.

my guess is more pokemon, more mario and zelda

#3 Posted by osirisx3 (1804 posts) -

my guess is great first party and very little thrid party

#4 Posted by darkspineslayer (19741 posts) -

All that is probably true. But I primarily expect bitter disappointment and the outside possibility of @charizard1605 account suiciding. That way anything else will be a step up.

#5 Edited by charizard1605 (58073 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

What conference? didnt they confirm no conference again this year?

pretty sure its just a YouTube video.

my guess is more pokemon, more mario and zelda

They have a full fledged conference, it's just a webcast, because their live venue is being used (very smartly) for a Super Smash Bros. tournament. Just because they are doing it differently (and arguably more progressively) doesn't mean they aren't doing it at all.

Anyway, on topic, I expect to be disappointed no matter what they show.

So basically...

@darkspineslayer said:

The outside possibility of @charizard1605 account suiciding.

This.

#6 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

I'm sure many will gloss over it no matter what they show. But I know I'll be more than content with just a new Zelda, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and X. Anything else is icing and sprinkles. Loving my Wii U.

#7 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

The same people will praise and the same people will hate. Nothing new.

#8 Posted by cainetao11 (17691 posts) -

I thought they weren't doing a conference

#9 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25509 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

I thought they weren't doing a conference

"Digital Event"

#10 Edited by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

@cainetao11: He obviously means the Digital Event.

#12 Posted by darkspineslayer (19741 posts) -

@cainetao11: They are pretty much doing a Nintendo direct like last year.

Not having a big self-congratulatory fuckabout in the Nokia theatre =/= not participating.

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (17691 posts) -

In reality, the whole thing is a digital event for me. Me am cry......

#14 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5628 posts) -

Just like in the OP.

#15 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8098 posts) -

Lulz

#16 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26860 posts) -

You nailed it!

#17 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22483 posts) -

I predict that people will lose their shit when Zelda looks nothing like they thought it would

#19 Edited by Aljosa23 (25105 posts) -

*insert a lame attempt to be clever here, also nerd humour*

Oh wait the OP has got me covered already

#20 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

#21 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3557 posts) -

I think their conference will be a success but haters will continue to hate .

#22 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

I'm not even expecting the current Nintendo to branch out of their comfort zone. They'll play it safe with the common new IP reveal(s) for shock/interest factor, Nintendo 1st party sequel announcements, a price reduction of anything and call it a day.

2nd realistic scenario would be primarily focusing on the 3DS.

General consensus is that E3 this year its going to be helmed by Sony and Microsoft.

#23 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14389 posts) -

#24 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9035 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

The same people will praise and the same people will hate. Nothing new.

How it will be, this is

#25 Edited by DocSanchez (1629 posts) -

Nintendo fans will act like so much as a crossword app on their wii u is a "megatonnnz" and proclaim victory. Nothing will change.

#26 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11411 posts) -

@DocSanchez: Talk about exaggerating...

#27 Posted by FinalFighters (1529 posts) -

well since nintendo is a one man army (meaning they have no 3rd party support) im not expecting anything surprising/exciting. just more mario/zelda/pokemon etc etc.

#28 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

It might be the same reactions as the 2 girls 1 cup vid

#29 Posted by DocSanchez (1629 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai: I think I was talking about exaggerating.

#30 Posted by 2Chalupas (5151 posts) -

As someone that's been basically a "Nintendo hater" for like 5 years now, I would be shocked if they didn't have a really good showing at their conference (or their Nintendo direct, or whatever it is they are doing).

Of course I expected more last year. But now their backs are against the wall, the Wii-U's survival is on the line. There is no way they can do another show where they have almost nothing noteworthy.

I expect this year (as minimum):

-Zelda Wii-U reveal

-One of Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero (latter 2 would be surprising, we are due for Metroid... so that wouldn't be surprising)

-Release date. and more gameplay for X

-Finally reveal actual footage of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

-Release date for Bayonnetta 2

-Mario Game? New Mario Strikers (since it's a world cup year)?

Of course it's hard to have high expectations since they have had so little to show, for several years in a row. But I really do believe this is the last chance for the Wii-U. If they don't' even REVEAL Zelda Wii-U at this show, they might as well not bother and just focus on getting games ready for next gen.

#31 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

I never cared about Nintendo games besides Pokemon so i will probably be indifferent while watching their "digital event".

#32 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34155 posts) -

I predict that Nintendo will announce games, and some people will like them and some won't.

#34 Posted by khoofia_pika (13517 posts) -

People will bitch about Ninty not announcing new IPs, because let's face it, that's not gonna happen.

#36 Posted by smashed_pinata (3268 posts) -

@DocSanchez said:

Nintendo fans will act like so much as a crossword app on their wii u is a "megatonnnz" and proclaim victory. Nothing will change.

You mean how Cows hype every single game that gets announced for Ps4 as the second coming of Christ?

#37 Edited by Jynxzor (9309 posts) -

Well here is how excited I am.

#38 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21763 posts) -

i remember when they said they had a huge announcement and they showed up and revealed a new donkey kong character.

made me laugh so hard, hope we actually see some new ip's and less mario.

#40 Posted by LordQuorthon (5346 posts) -

Give me that Dragon Quest VII localization and I'll be happy.

#41 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11290 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

lol

nailed it

#42 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

A better reaction to last years shit fest anyway. Show a new Zelda, Super Smash Bros and Bayo 2 and people will be happy

#43 Posted by wolverine4262 (19376 posts) -

OhcoolReggieZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZzOhcoolZelda

Ninty wins!

#44 Posted by Celsius765 (731 posts) -

they have a number of released dates to give us and new games to show and that's about it. I did hear rumor that some time after e3 they'll be announcing the results of licensing their ips to third party

#45 Posted by sailor232 (4798 posts) -

Will be like this : new Zelda title pops up with a black background and I go "YES!!!" then they show a gameplay video and I go "what the hell was that?"

Nintendo announce a new Metroid game being made by Retro with Namco helping, I go "YES!!" and no gameplay or anything is shown but we are told its on track for a 2015 fall release.

All in all I believe the digital event will leave me wishing Nintendo went that extra step further and blew everyone away. Or if they just listened to fans.

#46 Edited by happyduds77 (1472 posts) -

I don't know. Every E3 I see a lot of potential, but I am left disappointed every time.

#47 Posted by drummerdave9099 (738 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

i remember when they said they had a huge announcement and they showed up and revealed a new donkey kong character.

made me laugh so hard, hope we actually see some new ip's and less mario.

I thought that was IGN who said that to try to increase hype for their show?

#48 Edited by Speak_Low (1097 posts) -

Last year, when the Wii U was in that worrisome grey area, and the Sheep weren't quite sure if they'd be getting any of the major AAA games that were coming to PS4/X1/PC:

This year, after E3, Sheep will look like the guy on the left. Weight jokes aside for the other gentleman, PS4/X1/PC will have so many awesome multiplats announced that they know they have it good for the next 3-4 years (lolWiiUdroughts):

#49 Posted by drummerdave9099 (738 posts) -

I think Nintendo will show up with a bunch of gameplay trailers and release dates, but will not have as many big surprises as the other shows.

If they did something crazy like announce Majoras Mask 3D and that Zelda wiiU is a sequel to Majoras Mask then I might piss myself.

A reboot of FZero or StarFox would be big news too

#50 Edited by madsnakehhh (14471 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Show a new Zelda, Super Smash Bros and Bayo 2 and people will be happy

Not to mention Project X and hopefully a new Metroid and yeah, i would be a happy gamer.